Mechanical Oxidizer Job Description Sample
Senior Mechanical Engineer - R&D Mechanical Engineer, Principle
Mechanical Design Engineer II Process Systems - 1060
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
This opportunity is being offered by National Aerospace Solutions, the team selected by the U.S. Air Force to conduct Test and Operations Sustainment at the Arnold Engineering Development Complex (AEDC), Arnold Air Force Base, Tennessee. AEDC operates more than 55 aerodynamic and propulsion wind tunnels, rocket and turbine engine test cells, space environmental chambers, arc heaters, ballistic ranges and other specialized units located in six states. Many of the complex's test units have capabilities unmatched elsewhere in the United States; some are unique in the world. AEDC is one of three installations which are part of the Air Force Test Center (AFTC), one of six subordinate commands of the Air Force Materiel Command organization and an important national resource.
AEDC’s mission is to conduct developmental test and evaluation for the Nation through modeling, simulation, ground and flight test. Execution of the mission requires a large team of highly qualified and dedicated professionals from multiple technical disciplines to effectively accomplish the objectives of our test customers.
NAS currently has an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Engineer to join our Design Engineering team in Tullahoma, TN.
Mechanical Design Engineers design, evaluate, analyze, and assist in the fabrication and installation of hardware across the complex, including process piping systems, drive systems, mechanisms, and test hardware. Mechanical design engineers work closely with test and system engineers in development of design requirements and ensuring proposed designs meet those requirements. Close coordination with manufacturing is required to ensure economic designs.
Some specific tasks associated with this type of work include (this is not an exhaustive list):
- Develop concepts for new piping systems and provide flow, flexibility, thermal, structural, or any other required analysis to support the proposed design. Evaluate the analysis results for suitability relative to applicable codes and standards.
- Provide engineering support to the appropriate craft workforce to facilitate maintenance and repair of existing systems. Evaluate existing hardware for safety, security and potential for improvement.
- Serve as the design point of contact or lead designer on larger, more complex projects. Work with the project managers and project engineers to ensure that design input into cost, schedule, and other project-level decisions is accurate and complete.
- Provide guidance to and check the work of less experienced engineers.
- Work with the design team (drafters, checkers, etc.) to produce complete design packages, including detailed drawings, analysis reports, and equipment specifications, and be capable of communicating the details of these design packages to the remaining project team (system engineers, test engineers, project managers, craft supervisors, etc.)
- Provide engineering guidance to support the procurement of pumps, valves, heat exchangers, pressure vessels, or other hardware necessary for the fabrication and installation of the proposed design.
- Coordinate with the appropriate system engineer, craft supervisor, and/or work planner to ensure that hardware is fabricated and installed in accordance with the approved design package.
- It is a condition of employment to wear company issued PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) in accordance with supervisory direction and company policy.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- B.S. degree in chemical or mechanical engineering from an accredited college or university plus 5 - 10 years of experience in the design and analysis of process systems.
- Technical knowledge of engineering systems, engineering calculations, applications of engineering methods and construction methods and materials, and application of computer aided engineering (CAE)/computer aided design (CAD) tools to engineering problems.
- Experience with the design of complete piping systems including pumps, valves, heat exchangers, pressure vessels, and other related equipment.
- Experience performing flow and flexibility analysis of complete piping systems.
- Experience developing equipment specifications.
- Experience reading, interpreting, and creating detailed fabrication and installation drawings.
- Participates in and fosters a work environment that is based upon openness, trust, communication, teamwork, empowerment, innovation, and satisfaction.
- Basic skill in oral and written communication.
- Experience with interactions with fabrication and machine shops.
- Familiarity with turbine and rocket test cells, wind tunnels, space chambers, and/or arc heater facilities; or other industry product test facilities is desirable.
- Familiarity with Caesar II software package.
- Familiarity with Applied Flow Technology (AFT) Arrow, Fathom and Impulse software packages.
- Familiarity with Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD software packages.
To apply go directly to our website at www.http://nas-llc.us/careers
Due to Air Force Security requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required for employment at AEDC.
NAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Women/Veterans/Disabled (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Applicants with a physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may e-mail their request to email@example.com.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT RESUMES to this address as they will not be considered for employment opportunities.
Electro Mechanical Technician
Technician performs functions associated with all manufacturing operations, including incoming inspection of parts, assembly, debug, setup and alignment of production components, subassemblies and final assemblies. Uses mechanical measurement devices to collect and evaluate data to determine parts meet specifications. Follows verbal/written procedures developed by engineering. Assemble, verify, adjust, medium to complex electro mechanical sub-assemblies. Technician will be asked to support production in a wide variety of needs.
- Perform manual assembly of electronic and mechanical components.
- Follow manufacturing and assembly procedures.
- Run production tests on equipment as necessary.
- Follow good manufacturing practices per company operating procedures.
- Clean, maintain, and operate production equipment per SOP's.
- 3+ years of experience in assembly of components or devices
- Must be able to read basic prints and drawings.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of electronic cabling and hand soldering techniques a plus.
- Self-directed and able to balance multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Associates degree in electronics, engineering, or other applicable field of study
Mechanical aptitude, manual dexterity and ability to lift/carry objects up to 30-50 pounds without assistance is required.
Because of the nature of our business, interested candidates must be Permanent Residents or United States citizens.
Assoc. Pathways Eng Mechanical - Hardware (San Diego, CA)
Mechanical Engineer II
Location: Rolling Meadows, Illinois
- Design cam, servo, and air operated stations, and to make changes to existing designs.
- Ensure the design is functional, robust, and cost effective.
- Innovate and use good judgment to incorporate standards and regulatory requirements.
- Research and specify appropriate materials and purchased components.
- Create detail drawings, assembly drawings, Bill of Materials, organize release packages, and update drawings.
- Participate in internal and customer design reviews.
- To prepare pneumatic and timing diagrams and select appropriate sensors.
- Work with suppliers to find/develop the most functional and economical solutions to design issues.
- Work under the confines of the project schedule and budget.
- Problem-solve design or detail issues and update all appropriate documentation.
- Communicate ideas and comprehend information both verbally and in written form.
- Assimilate well within a team and exhibit objectivity and openness to others views.
- Follow all policy and procedures to maintain ISO9001:2008 & 13485:2003 certification requirements.
- Prioritizes, plans, and organizes work and workspace.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of internal and international standards.
- Set and maintain departmental goals in keeping with company objectives.
- Support and participate in Quality Management Program.
- Provide necessary documentation and support for machinery Operating Manuals.
- Make recommendations for quality and cost improvements.
- Keeps abreast of current product developments.
- Travel or extend work day if required.
- Maintain International Standardization Organization (ISO) standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College courses in Mechanical Engineering, Technology, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of automation experience (non academic).
- Proficiency in 2D AutoCAD, 3D Solid Works, or similar CAD systems.
- Computers, including programs such as AutoCAD, Solid Works, Excel, Word, databases, etc.
- Fax machine, copiers and printers/plotters, etc.
- Inspection and measuring tools such as scales, calipers, micrometers, multi-meters, dB meters, etc.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Hands-on experience in design, development and launch of high-volume consumer electronic product is a must.
- Requires strong design skills, managing through ambiguity, and technical problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, leadership, verbal and written communication skills required.
- Proficiency in PTC Creo or Wildfire strongly desired.
- Proficiency in statistical tolerance analysis strongly desired.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineer
- 5-10 years of relevant experience
US Citizenship and the ability to maintain a DoD security clearance required.
- Active Secret security clearance required
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required, or equivalent
- Recent hands-on experience within a DoD or SETA PMO (Experience within a contractor PMO is not equivalent)
Mechanical Integrity Engineer
Chief Building Code Inspector - Mechanical Section
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!