Media Director Job Description Sample
At Gigasavvy, the Media Director is primarily responsible for creating, planning, managing, and executing digital and traditional media/advertising plans and strategies across a variety of our agency’s clients. Some of these strategies, tactics, and responsibilities will include media strategy development, creative oversight, performance reporting, and budget management across multiple channels. These advertising channels include, but are not limited to paid search, paid social, digital display (remarketing, programmatic, and guaranteed placements), television, radio, print, and outdoor.
The Media Director’s management responsibilities include working with and growing the Gigasavvy Media team, as well as strategic partners, to concept, plan, launch, monitor, optimize and report on advertising campaigns for our current and future clients while communicating professionally on a regular basis with internal and external stakeholders. It is also expected that the Media Director will attend sales meetings, participate in various business development activities, and assist the Agency in acquiring new clients interested in hiring Gigasavvy for their media and advertising needs.
As part of this position, it is important that the Media Director continues educating himself/herself on digital and traditional media technologies, emerging trends and media platforms, and general marketing and advertising strategies. The individual in this role will also need to become familiar with our offerings and differentiators as a company and be able to communicate them to others in meetings, online, presentations or speaking engagements, as well as at informal networking events.
Lastly, it will also be very important for the Media Director to maintain and grow a personal brand via Social Media, as well as attend in-person networking events and conferences related to ours, and our clients' industries. The individual’s personal brand and public expression will be a representation of the company and our clients. We encourage this role to maintain individuality, creativity, and personality while always using the best judgment and keeping in mind that s/he is an ambassador for multiple brands.
A day in the life…
- Grab your coffee and huddle up with the media team to plan out your day
- Collaborate with strategists and use the latest technology to push the envelope of what’s possible in an ever-changing environment
- Work alongside a team of talented strategists, designers, developers, and project managers to collaborate on problems and come up with creative solutions
- Try your luck on the foosball table or bowling lane
- Get more coffee and snacks (maybe a beer)
- Learn about new media opportunities, BI tools, web technologies, and discuss potential solutions to problems to better client engagements and our agency as a whole
- Excellent client and partner relationship skills
- The ability to use discretion and maintain a professional demeanor when working with clients and the public
- A passion for creativity, marketing, and advertising - showing an interest in the process
- Strong knowledge of digital media best practices (including SEM/PPC), implementation techniques, and reporting platforms
- Drive to learn new technologies and adapt to a fast-paced environment
- The desire to seek inspiration, and share that inspiration with others
- Humble and hungry attitude
- A proactive approach to addressing problems before they arise
- Love for what you do
You must know
- How to prospect for and buy digital & traditional media placements
- How to manage complex, multi-channel media budgets
- Full-Funnel media planning and management
- Excel or Google Sheets
- Keynote or Powerpoint
- Google Ads & Bing Ads
- Social Ads (Facebook/Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, etc.)
- Programmatic Media (Sizmek, MediaMath, DoubleClick)
- Google Analytics and/or Omniture
- Google Data Studio
Ideally, you have worked with
- Participating in internal strategic planning or team collaboration meetings to provide insights and guidance as needed to achieve account success
- Closely communicating with internal and external stakeholders to provide support and ensure alignment on work plans, deliverable expectations, completion dates, team needs, and more!
- Thorough, hands-on knowledge of programmatic media (ex. Google’s DoubleClick etc.)
- Management & execution of paid digital media strategies and initiatives:
- Manage complex digital campaigns utilizing paid search (Google AdWords, Bing Ads etc.), paid social (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, etc.), programmatic display (native, connected tv, behavioral, contextual, etc.) accounts covering a broad range of industries
- Media performance reporting and analysis:
- Tracking and reporting on all paid media specific and Google Analytics KPIs
- Manage and develop high-level client-facing reporting
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Excel (vlookup, pivot tables, database management)
- Establishing requirements, goals & objectives, tactics, and overarching work plans in partnership with clients and the Account Team
You may be familiar with
- Multi-Channel attribution
- Channel specific (FB/IG etc.) social media advertising platforms and strategies
- Data & analytics technology and applications to media planning, buying, and management
ALL candidates must possess or have experience with the following:
- 2-3 years of direct management of a team is required
- Planning a full-funnel media plan and budgets across the awareness, consideration, and intent-driven nature of digital media
- Accomplishing several tasks in a day and the ability to jump from task to task seamlessly
- Must have a minimum of 5-8 years of total work experience in hands-on paid media strategies & management
- Proficient with various Paid Media tools (Google AdWords, Bing Ads, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads, etc.)
- Willingness to learn and adjust to complex situations on the fly
- Independent thinker and Taskmaster
- Willing to challenge traditional thinking and take risks
- Innovative, creative, resourceful and accountable with an insistence on honesty, transparency, and integrity in work ethic
- Must be driven, understand business goals, and have the entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision and 401(k)
- Unlimited time off policy and paid holidays
- Becoming an integral part of a cutting edge marketing agency and helping it grow
- Working with a talented, passionate, collaborative group
- Casual atmosphere with professional standards
- Creative, modern, and spacious work environment
- We’re in the dead center of Orange County, and minutes from Irvine Spectrum
- Company BBQs, foosball, ping-pong, and bowling tournaments (Yes, we have a bowling alley)
Linear Media Director
Local Projects is currently seeking a Linear Media Director with experience working with design teams to execute linear media productions. Working with the project team, the Linear Media Director will be in charge of writing treatments and developing scripts in tandem with the project creative director and overseen by the project director. This roll will also oversee all necessary pre-production tasks for both studio and location shoots such as casting, crews, bookings, releases, etc., as well as knowledge and expertise in production to direct, light and shoot films. The Linear Media Director will establish project plans for post production, manage the edit process, and oversee both the internal workflow between edit and design, and the client facing review process for linear media edits. Candidates must have experience working with designers in both concept and post-production phases, have a strong network of freelance editors, sound designers and other specialists, and knowledge of licensing requirements from both stock and archival sources.
Candidates should have minimum of 6 years relevant experience. Expertise in large scale, installation based media experience is a plus.
- Work with the Project Manager and Creative Director on understanding the overall story arc and the needs for linear media within the project, then lead the pre-production, production and post processes.
- Manage and coordinate content deliveries and edit reviews with LP Project Manager and client team.
- Based on the briefs developed in the design phase, support and/or lead the storyboarding, treatment writing, and scripting processes.
- Direct, light, shoot, and guide in studio and remote shoots as well as efficiently manage editing in post-production.
- Map out the contingencies and timeline to meet the deliverable dates in conjunction with the project manager, as well as content development, visual experience design, motion design, UX/UI, creative technologists and other key stakeholders.
- Find new technology and processes to increase efficiency and improve overall video quality.
- Knowledgeable on the technical aspects of the discipline, such as video formats, video compression, camera specifications, etc.
- Excellent understanding of linear media pipeline, including shooting, post-production, file management and final master outputs.
- Experience working with non-traditional formats (large scale projections, interactive media) is required.
- Experience layering and syncing audio.
- Excellent writing skills and communication.
- Ability to travel.
- 5-7 years work experience directing linear media productions for large-scale, environmental experiences, including narrative / historical / educational productions.
- Experience working with a collaborative design team.
- Experience working with cultural institutions and C-suite level clients.
- Experience overseeing all stages of film productions: pre-production, production, post, installation.
- Capable of either executing or overseeing those who direct, light, shoot, and guide in-studio and remote shoots as well as efficiently manage editing in post-production.
- Comfort with production scales that vary; should be versed in both very small flexible ad-hoc shoots, as well as large scale highly produced shoots.
Associate Digital Media Director (3494)
Associate Media Director (W/ Healthcare Experience)
We are searching for a candidate who possesses strong verbal and written communication skills with a disciplined approach to media strategies, recommendations and presentations. The Associate Media Director is responsible for developing and leading strategies and media plans as part of a collaborative team. The candidate needs to have a deep understanding of digital, traditional, B2B, and lead generation marketing from start to finish. The best candidate will have the ability to envision ways to prove ROI and media effectiveness using the right tools for the right client and situation.
The primary client for this role is a mid-size franchisee based QSR account buy the role will oversee other general accounts. The current media strategy is traditionally based, including heavy couponing using FSI’s. The Brand is ready to evolve the strategy to include more digital which will require selling-in to various franchisee stakeholders. There will be significant travel in the western region during peak cycles. Client media activity is relatively consistent with little re-planning through the year.
We are a rapidly growing team and as such there will be additional responsibilities which are to be determined. The team continually pitches new business. The department structure will evolve based on collective client needs. Media neutrality, objectivity, and fresh thinking will be highly valued.
Duties & Responsibilities
Key Role Responsibilities
- Learn and embrace all phases of the clients’ marketing objectives
- Maintain a strong relationship with clients and vendors which will require travel to franchisee meetings
- Work with account teams to develop media strategy briefs
- Attend outside presentations by the media for the purpose of evaluating new information and services; maintains a high professional profile
- Maintain an "always current" perspective with market conditions and evolving media landscape
- Understand the competitive landscape
- Participate in new business assignments
- Maintain and manage all media reporting including, but not limited to, flowcharts, budget summaries, status reports, digital analysis and insights, ROI presentations
- Act as primary negotiator and coordinator with sales representatives for audience study results, merchandising assistance, and other activities, as needed
- Supervise support staff in the execution of media plans, including supporting data, preparation of media budgets, scheduling insertions, and negotiation of contracts
- Train and develop the skills of media support staff
- Actively lead the team in developing impartial, strong, and respectful relationships with vendors
- Cost effectiveness should be delivered when managing staff, travel, research and other administration duties
- Ensure that media budgets and vendor placements are accurate, eliminating negative budget ramifications
- Seeks ways to gain new business or other revenue opportunities
- Healthcare experience required
- Ability to conceptualize and move media into new channels, investigate options weighing costs v. benefits
- Experience in building/presenting media-neutral plans, understanding the strengths of each media channel and communicating recommendations formally including, objectives, strategy, rationale, and all supporting materials
- Hands on involvement with digital analytics and trouble-shooting of digital executions
- Superior knowledge of digital media theory, terminology, systems, analytics and processes
- Programmatic experience and skills would be beneficial
- Solid awareness of industry trends and planning/measurement models
- Demonstrate strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks and consistently meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate team leadership and management skills
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- 7-10 years of agency/marketing experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required-preferably in Marketing/Communications
- Hands-on ability to use:
- Microsoft suite of tools: Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Media-related research, planning, buying & digital analytics & trafficking tools & software (Media Ocean’s Prisma is a plus)
- Fun and fast-paced agency environment.
- Lots of individual autonomy & rewards for merit and creativity.
- Be part of a close-knit and exciting team & growing agency.
- Enjoy catered happy hour every Thursday and breakfast on Fridays.
- Full-time Barista on-site.
- Amazing views of the Pacific Ocean by the pier in HB.
- 100% paid Medical, Dental and Vision Premiums.
- Generous PTO.
Media Director (B2b)
Director – US Media Relations
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!