Medical Record Clerk Job Description Sample
Medical Record Clerk
Medical Records Clerk
Responsible for the organization, maintenance, and monitoring of an integrated health record system to ensure that confidentiality is maintained and that records are complete.
Responsible for a wide variety of records processing functions such as phone coverage, processing record release requests, sending records to storage, retrieving records, performing checks to make sure records are complete, and sending incomplete documents to the clinical manager for completion.
Responsible for locating and filing/scanning all medical records for patient visits according to office policies and procedures in a timely manner.
Meets measures as determined and required for job productivity and performance improvement.
Assists with additional medical record functions as requested.
Behave in a manner consistent with Mission, Vision, Values and Expectations for Excellence.
Maintain compliance with OSHA, Accreditation Standards and Risk Management guidelines.
Maintain compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
Behave in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance policies and procedures.
Perform other duties as requested by the Manager to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the organization.
Employee is responsible for completion of communication tasks and activities in a timely manner. This would include, but is not limited to: responding to email, voicemail or telephone messages, promptly, accurately, and professionally; attending staff meetings as scheduled or viewing videotapes of those meetings; asking questions of team members and supervisors when needing clarification about various day-to-day issues or patient needs; and reviewing employee communication pieces, to stay aware of UnityPoint at Home programs and initiatives.
Medical Records Experience
High School or Vocational School graduate.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Ability to work as a collaborative team member.
Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures. Requisition ID: 2018-41231 Street: 11333 Aurora Ave Name: 9400 UnityPoint at Home Affiliate FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.0 FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Scheduled Hours/Shift: Monday- Friday, 8a-5p External Company Name: UnityPoint Health External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org
Data Entry Clerk - Medical Record Experience Preferred
In this position, either directly or through others, the incumbent will:
- Apply client specifications to accurately complete process and key client materials.
- Timely and efficient identification of various client materials.
- Work efficiently within a team environment to meet client deadlines and service level agreements..
- Maintain a record of completed work.
- Compile, sort, and verify accuracy of data.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of client information per client guidelines.
- Maintains levels of productivity and quality based on department standards.
Additional responsibilities and duties may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS - Minimal requirements for education, knowledge and experience:
- High school Diploma or GED.
- Type a minimum of 10,000 alpha numeric and 10-key strokes per hour (KSPH) at a 98% accuracy or better.
- Previous experience with medical records/medical terminology is a plus.
- Must be able to successfully pass a mandatory drug screening.
- Good communication skills,
- Ability to work independently in a team environment.
- Ability to use personal computer.
- Good time management skills.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS: This position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
- Must be able to work up to 40 hours per week, which may include on-call status. evenings, and/or weekends.
- May be required to spend long periods of time sitting with close visual acuity to personal computer.
- High levels of repetitive motion on a daily basis.
- Ability to lift 20 - 50 pound containers.
This position description has been prepared to assist in defining job responsibilities, physical demands, working conditions and skills needed. It is not intended as a complete list of job duties, responsibilities and/or essential functions. This description is not intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision. SourceHOV retains and reserves any or all rights to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper. Additionally, SourceHOV is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age sex, national origin, veteran status, creed, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic partner status, marital status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status.
Medical Record Clerk II, Temp Full-Time Days, St. Peter's Hospital
Department: 3201_4120 Medical Records
Expected Weekly Hours: 0
Shift: Day Shift
Position Purpose: St. Peter's Medical Record Department is seeking a per diem Medical Records Clerk to assist with a special project. This position entails the setup, maintenance, filing, photocopying, and retrieval of medical records, as well as entering information into the computer for tracking the medical record. The individual would need to have clerical experience and the ability to file alphabetically and numerically, maintain a high level of confidentiality, and work collaboratively with physicians, staff and patients.
Job Description Details: The HIM professional performs general administrative duties as directed that may include but is not limited to assembly and analysis, release of information, filing, data entry, pulling and delivery of charts, purging of charts, answering phone calls, and assisting visitors and physicians. Prep, scan, index, and perform quality review of scanned documents.
-Compiles, verifies, types, and files medical records.
Operates computer to enter and retrieve data and type correspondence and reports.
Reviews medical records for completeness, and files records in filing system.
Preps, scans documents in EMR System
Reviews scanned documents for accuracy, legibility, and appropriate identification.
Analyzes and assigns deficiencies to electronic medical records meeting minimum accuracy standards.
Assists visitors and physicians, and answers phone as needed.
Maintains strict physician and patient confidentiality.
Follows all federal and state guidelines for release of information.
- Supports adherence to all relevant compliance policies and procedures as evidenced by in-service attendance and daily practice; notifying management when there is a compliance concern or incident; demonstrating knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security Regulations as evidenced by appropriate handling of patient information; promoting confidentiality and using discretion when handling patient information.
High school graduate or equivalent experience required.
Minimum 2+ years of previous HIM department experience
Knowledge of MS Office *
Ability to communicate effectively with management, and peers.
Fosters respect for patient privacy by maintaining confidentiality in all phases of work.Ability to work effectively in a team environment. Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions. Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity. Trinity Health offers rewarding careers in a community environment with all the advantages of working at one of the nation's largest health systems. We provide high-quality, people-centered care in 22 states through our network of hospitals, facilities, community-based services, and continuing care locations - including home care, hospice, Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE), and senior living facilities. If you are looking for a rewarding clinical or administrative position, you'll find exceptional career possibilities, opportunities for advancement and a job with meaning at Trinity Health. Trinity Health employs more than 131,000 colleagues across 22 states. We honor and embrace a diverse representation of people, ideas and backgrounds. Our dedication to diversity is evident in our commitment to training, education, recruitment, retention and development, as well as community partnerships and supplier diversity. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences and health practices of the communities we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive outcomes. We recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world, and that our differences not only serve to unite us, but also lead to innovative solutions.
Medical Record Clerk I
Record retrieval for patient and non-patient care. Locates and files records in ChartLocator to permanent file.
Reserves charts as needed/appropriate. Shifts records in file in order to maintain adequate space within the digits for filing. Sorting and filing of loose reports in the correct folder.
Purge process. Assists medical staff in locating and completing medical records in the Record Completion Area as requested. Processing of the death certificates.
Discharge folder process. Answers the phone in a prompt and courteous manner. Matches reports with outpatient records to support the coding process.
Retrieves records as needed for the outpatient coding process. Medical
Medical Record Clerk - PRN (Wichita County) In Wichita Falls, TX
• We are a company of passionate, committed people, and we don't do things like other companies.
• We hire and keep great people! We pay well, train well, and treat our people well. As a result, our annual turnover among full-time clinical team members is shockingly low (about 10%, believe it or not).
• We WOW our clients and build long-term relationships: our average client tenure is more than 15-years! Join us, and you join a family.
Medical Records Clerk responsibilities will include:
• Maintaining active and archived medical records
• Daily Filing
• Pulling medical records for daily sick call
• Answering phone, ordering of office supplies and forms
• Previous experience working with medical records or in the health related field.
• MUST possess computer skills with ability to multi-task
• Good communication skills
• Must obtain and maintain a security clearance throughout the course of employment
• Excellent benefit package for full-time to include Paid Time Off, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Profit Sharing Plan, 401K and Continuing Education Allowance
Correctional healthcare will surprise you. If you want to be part of our family, and think you have what it takes to WOW us, we invite you to check us out!
computer experience needed
MANY WOULD NEVER BELIEVE WORKING IN A JAIL COULD BE THE ULTIMATE JOB FOR A HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL, but at CMGC our staff turnover rate is amazingly under 10%, and literally hundreds of team members have been with us for 5, 10, 15, 20 and even 25 years. Why? Because we train well, pay well, and treat our team like family.
Maybe it's helping a population in need, the challenge, our compassionate culture, or our guiding principle to Always Do the Right Thing!, but whatever the reason, if you're looking to help people and join a family instead of a company, we have over 33 years of hiring and keeping the best people, and WE WANT TO MEET YOU.
Medical Record Clerk (Part Time)
NHS is currently seeking
Part Time Medical Records Clerk to join our NHS Drug & Alcohol division in our Germantown, PA location. ABOUT NHS With a rich tradition spanning almost 50 years, NHS is at the forefront of providing care and services to people with special needs. Today NHS, through its subsidiaries, is a leading provider of community-based, non-profit education and human services. More than 10,000 employees provide care to almost 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, and Michigan. NHS has developed a unique continuum of care providing services in the areas of mental health, addictive diseases, education, foster care and permanency, autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and many more specialized programs. WHAT NHS HAS TO OFFER
The stability that comes with working for a national leader providing education and human services to individuals with special needs
Highly competitive compensation plans
Career advancement opportunities in a rapidly growing company
Flexible scheduling POSITION DETAILS Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following.
Maintains the clinical charts and records according to Federal HIPAA and State guidelines and NHS facility policies.
Files clinical information in the appropriate records, conducts spot chart audits/reviews on a scheduled basis and maintains the security and confidentiality of those records entrusted to his/her care. APPLY TODAY Apply Online: www.nhsonline.org/careers Requisition Number: 31756 NHS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
High School diploma or GED.
One years clerical experience including filing, typing, and office organization.
- Monday-Thursday 10am-3pm (Flexible)
Pay Rate: + $11.48 an hour; Part Time Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Medical Record Clerk I Full Time Nights
GENERALSUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Record Center Coordinator and according to established policies and procedures, performs a variety of clerical tasks associated with filing and maintaining the completed medical record.
PRINCIPALDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Files completed records into the main file area.
Sorts and files loose filing into complete and incomplete records. Sorts in-basket loose filing. Retrieves recently discharged patients' medical records form the nursing units. 2.Pulls and arranges for the timely delivery of all requests for medical records to patient care areas. 3.
Maintains the file area through periodic checks for misfiles, shifting of tight areas, and general neatness.As needed, performs periodic purges of inactive records from the permanent file according to a schedule set by the Record Center Coordinator or Director. 4. Provides department coverage on weekends: answers the telephone, retrieves and delivers medical records to patient care areas, responds to minimal release of information inquiries. 5.Performs other clerical duties: new folder write-ups, filing microfilm, copying information requested from physician offices or physician billing services. Breaks down larger records into volumes for easier use and storage.
KNOWLEDGE,EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS: 1. Level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of a High School diploma. Knowledge of medical record systems is helpful, including terminal digit filing.
WORKINGCONDITIONS: 1.Normal office work. Frequent bending, stooping, reaching. Slight physical effort: lift/carry up to 5 lbs. occasionally during the workday.
Organization:Saint Vincent Hospital
Title:Medical Record Clerk I Full Time Nights
Electronic Medical Record (Emr/Ehr) Support Specialist
Esperanza Health Center seeks a full-time Electronic Medical Records (EMR) Support Specialist. The EMR Support Specialist plays a key role in providing technical expertise and direct support and ongoing training for staff using Esperanza’s GE Centricity EMR. By working closely with the clinical staff for training and support, the EMR Support Specialist is actively involved in identifying and implementing enhancements and improvements to workflows and system features. Primary responsibilities include directing IT desk support, conducting EMR training sessions and follow-up, performance and process improvement, content development for workflow analysis, and maintaining EMR permissions and user lists.
Education, Skills, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred: Healthcare-related, Information Technology, Communication, Project Management, or other related degree
- High level computer proficiency and efficiency, including MS Windows and Microsoft Office applications, required
- Prior EMR implementation or maintenance experience, preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication and teaching skills, required
- Project management experience, preferred
- Ability to integrate faith and work
- Service-oriented attitude
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of the IT/EMR team
Pleases apply on www.esperanzahealth.com/opportunities. Salary position includes a benefit package including vacation, sick and holiday paid time off, medical and dental insurance coverage, retirement plan and life and long-term disability insurance.
Medical Record - Release Of Information (Roi) Specialist
Job Title: ROI Specialist, Orlando, FL
Department: ROI Department
Reports To: Office Manager
This job description is intended to be a general statement about this job and is not to be considered a detailed assignment. It may be modified to adjust for necessary changes.
The ROI Specialist will demonstrate that they are culturally aligned with BACTES, by displaying and working within the values of Servant Leadership, Family, BACTES People Give Back, Compassion, Accountability and Respect for their leader and their peers. They will be innovative, open to change, and display honesty and integrity in all that they do.
Essential Job Functions
· Completes release of information requests including retrieving patient’s medical chart and returning chart, scanning medical record accurately and correctly and transmitting daily, according to requests, established procedures, and established standards of quality and productivity.
· Date stamps all requests and highlights pertinent data to facilitate processing.
· Validates requests and authorizations for release of medical information according to established procedures.
· Performs quality checks on all work to assure accuracy of the release, confidentiality, and proper invoicing.
· Maintain equipment in excellent operating condition (inside and out).
· Provides excellent customer service by being attentive and respectful; insures understanding of customer request and follows-through as promised; and being proactive in identifying client concerns, or problems.
· May receive incoming requests including opening mail, telephone inquiries, and retrieving facsimile inquiries, depending on the needs to the client.
· Maintains a neat, clean, and professional personal appearance and observes the dress code established.
· Maintains a clean and orderly work area, insures that records and files are properly stored before leaving area.
· Maintains working knowledge of the existing state laws and fee structure
· Works within scope of position and direction; willingly accepts assignments and is available to take on additional facilities or help out during backlogs
· Carries out responsibilities in accordance with client/site policies and procedures, including HIPAA, state/federal regulations related to operations, and labor regulations.
· Maintains confidentiality, security and standards of ethics with all information.
· Work with privileged information in a conscientious manner while releasing medical records in an efficient, effective, and accurate manner.
-- 1 year prior experience in a medical records department or like setting preferred
-- Must have strong computer software experience – general working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required
-- Excellent organizational skills a must
-- Must be able to type 50 wpm
-- Must be able to use fax, copier, scanning machine
-- Must be willing to learn new equipment and processes quickly.
-- Must be self-motivated, a team player
-- Must have proven customer satisfaction skills
-- Must be able to multi-task
--EMR experience a plus
· Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
· Physical ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. of materials
· Manual dexterity and strength sufficient enough to enter information via computer keyboard for long periods of time, to write notes and information needed, and to pick up and hold paperwork, supplies and other items.
· Eyesight sufficient to effectively read documents and to accurately view information on a computer monitor
· Speaking and hearing ability sufficient to effectively communicate.
· Eye/hand coordination, hearing and visual acuity necessary for day to day tasks
· The work environments involve everyday risks or discomforts which will require normal safety precautions typical of an office/clinical setting.
· Based on experience
· Health Insurance
· Dental Insurance
· 401k plan
· All business - related expenses will be reimbursed through our expense report process
· Maintain privacy of all patient, employee and volunteer information and access such information only on a need to know basis for business purposes.
· Comply with all regulations regarding corporate integrity and security obligations
· Report unethical, fraudulent or unlawful behavior or activity
· Maintain current and yearly HIPAA certification.
BACTES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, marital status, physical or mental disability or any other protected class, political affiliation or belief.
The company was founded as BACTES Imaging Solutions in 1991 on the principle that every person in the company would always treat every medical record as if it were their own. In 2013, the company was acquired by Sharecare, the digital health company that helps people manage all their health in one place. Sharecare Health Data Services provides its customers the benefits of professional, highly trained and experienced people, state-of-the-art technology, and a process that is based on the highest quality standards and risk mitigation. Customers receive comprehensive, customized and innovative services to help their organizations become more profitable, productive and secure.
Medical Record Data Abstractor - Saginaw
Overview Who we are: Meridian is a family-owned, family-operated company of passionate leaders, achievers, and innovators dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our members, our providers and in the healthcare industry.
We provide government-based health plans (Medicare, Medicaid, and the Health Insurance Marketplace) in three different states (Michigan, Illinois, and Ohio). Our employees work hard, play hard, and give back. Meridian employees enjoy: Happy hours, special events, company sports teams, potlucks, Bagel Fridays, weekly Executive Lunches, and volunteer opportunities.
A Day in the Life of a Medical Record Data Abstractor: This position is responsible for ongoing medical
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!