Mental Health Counselor Job Description Sample
Mental Health Counselor (Group Home Or Apartment Program): Counselor I
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Accurately assesses the resident’s needs, strengths and preferences in relation to their life goals in the areas of housing, education, employment and community adjustment.
Uses a person-centered planning approach to services.
Conducts recovery planning, implementation and documentation according to agency and Medicaid standards.
Monitors increases in psychiatric symptoms and intervenes effectively when necessary.
Produces positive outcomes defined by the resident.
Provides 24 hour on-call crisis intervention.
Is a team player with a positive attitude and a willingness to contribute to the overall team’s success.
Can lead a team.
Completes all required paperwork in a competent and timely manner.
Able to make independent judgements and take effective immediate action to ensure the health and safety of residents in psychiatric and medical crises.
Able to navigate stairs to complete site visits and/or apartment/room visits. (N/A in single-level group home locations).
Utilizes personal automobile to complete site visits and/or transport residents as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS for Counselor:
A Master’s degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, Counselor Education, Rehabilitation Counseling, or related field. (Or)
A Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, or related field; and minimum of one year paid direct service experience in a mental health or human service setting (And)
Must possess a valid driver's license and a reliable personal automobile. Violations are reviewed administratively for potential safety risk to residents.
Ability to relate to a group of residents of all ages and with a range of intellectual capacities and emotional/psychiatric disorders.
Knowledge of person-centered, recovery-oriented values and principles.
Knowledge of symptoms of cognitive, affective, and personality disorders, substance abuse, and behavioral intervention strategies. Ability to continuously assess the resident’s emotional status and family dynamics.
Ability to make independent decisions and act immediately and effectively to ensure the health and safety of the resident in a psychiatric or medical crisis.
Ability to work within a team approach.
Ability to assume role as Acting Supervisor in Supervisor’s absence.
Refined written and verbal communication skills.
Mental Health Counselor
In order to be considered for this job, you must apply before December 15th.
Unique mental health counseling agency, providing best practice interventions is seeking BSW's, MSW's, Psychology, Special Education, School Counseling, and Human Services Degree individuals with a minimum of 1-year experience for full-time positions as behavior specialists. The job involves providing therapeutic day treatment services in school settings. Males and bilingual individuals are encouraged to apply.
Mental Health Counselor
MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONALS (Northeast Georgia)
LPC/ LCSW / LMFT IMMEDIATE OPENINGS!
Northeast GA Counties: White, Lumpkin, Habersham, Towns, Franklin, Stephens, Rabun, Banks, Hall and Dawson
We have an immediate need for fully Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC's), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists, LMFT's, and Licensed Clinical Social Workers, LCSW's.
Candidates will be part of a clinical team and provide assessments and counseling services to children and adolescents in a community setting (typical the child's home). The service locations are in the following northeast Georgia counties: White, Lumpkin, Habersham, Towns, Franklin, Stephens, Rabun, Banks, Hall and Dawson.
Current Georgia licensed LPC's, LCSW's or LMFT's • Extremely organized and efficient in meeting documentation requirements and working as a team.
Excellent verbal and written skills are essential for all positions. Candidates must pass a national criminal background check. Positions may require non-traditional work days and hours. Highly competitive salaries.
If interested, please submit your resume and salary requirements by email.
Mental Health Counselor II
This position provides community-based care coordination and mental health skill-building services to homeless individuals with serious mental illness and substance use disorders. Candidates must have a Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Counseling or Psychology and a minimum of one year experience in the field. Candidates must meet Qualified Mental Health Professional criteria and demonstrate skills in assessment, counseling, crisis management, and clinical documentation. Candidates with Master's will be given preference. Excellent benefits and flexible work hours. See website at pathwayhomes.org for details.
Mental Health Counselor - Home-Based
Encompass Christian Counseling (part of the CCHO family of ministries) is seeking a Master's Level Counselor or Social Worker to provide intensive home-based counseling and case-management services to children, adults, and families, according to their needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: It is the responsibility of each employee to be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ and to adhere to the Standard of Moral Conduct and Statement of Faith. Further, each employee is responsible for dealing with others with a Christ-like attitude while helping them experience their worth in Christ, and for demonstrating behaviors reflecting CCHO's core values of Relentless Commitment, Selflessness, and Kindness.
Other essential functions include the following:
- Complete mental health assessments, providing accurate mental health diagnosis of assigned clients.
- Complete treatment plans (ISPs) in collaboration with client, formulating goals, objectives and interventions relevant to client’s diagnosis; and reviewing, at least quarterly, on-going medical necessity of those goals (and/or diagnoses) in conjunction with client’s progress in treatment.
- Provide timely and well-written documentation on all clients to assist therapist in developing the minimum of mental health assessments, ISPs, discharge summaries, progress notes and recommendations when necessary. Progress notes – conducted in collaboration with the client and/or family member, as possible – should be submitted no less than weekly for billing purposes.
- Provide individual and/or family mental health counseling and appropriate and effective evidence-based therapeutic interventions according to client’s treatment plan.
- Participate in Quality Improvement activities, including, but not limited to, peer review and case record reviews.
- Discharge clients according to progress, completing necessary paperwork and making appropriate referrals for after care.
- Attend community and agency meetings as needed, including, but not limited to staff meetings, clinical and/or small group supervision as required to increase & maintain competencies in mental health field.
- Engage in on-going training and maintenance of licensure and/or mental health credentials.
- Engage in supervision to evaluate counseling techniques and interventions.
- Submit accurate timekeeping records by payroll deadlines.
- Attend wrap-around meetings and family team meetings, facilitating as needed.
- Maintain consistent contact, as applicable, with community team; which could include juvenile court, children's services, family first council, schools and other applicable social service agencies.
- Complete progress reports to referral sources as requested or appropriate.
- Ensure personal productivity and expectations standards are met through collaboration with program director.
Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Master’s level social worker (BSW, LSW), counselor (LPC, LPCC), with independent licensure preferred. Special consideration given to candidates who are independently licensed. Two or more years experience working with youth and families strongly preferred. Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license and maintain a driving record that allows that individual to be insurable on agency policy. Must maintain valid CPR and First Aid certifications.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Must be age 21 or better to be considered. References, background checks and drug screenings will be completed on all potential candidates. EOE.
The first residential cottage was built in 1975 to serve 10-12 teenagers in addition to the married couple who worked as live-in houseparents. That same year, the original office building was built, a space that has since been remodeled multiple times to meet the ever increasing and changing needs of the administrative staff. Cottage #2 was built seven years later, Cottage #3 opened in 1983, the Kids Cottage was built in 1991 and Cottage #4 opened in 2003.
In 1995, CCHO introduced Poplar Ridge Stables, an equine therapy program that not only teaches the children the importance of responsibility and care for the horses, but also provides a number of physical and emotional benefits for riders who suffer from ADD/ADHD, autism, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, sight and speech disorders, and a number of other health diagnoses.
CCHO became licensed as an adoption agency in 1997; in 2006, the organization received COA accreditation; and in 2009, Intensive Residential Treatment Program and Certified Trauma Therapy began.
With support from dozens of churches, community organizations and a host of caring individuals along with the hard work of more than 150 employees and oversight from our Board of Trustees, CCHO exists to help people experience their worth in Christ as a licensed Child Care Agency by the Ohio Department of Human Services. We are grateful and humbled by the work God has done through CCHO, and we can't wait to see what He does over the next 50 years!
Mental Health Counselor - Oneida, NY Area
Our client's practice is growing and they need to add a Mental Health Counselor to their team. Will generally work two evenings in shifts defined by program needs.
1. Provide individual and/or group counseling to individuals and families identified in need of mental health counseling services
2. Conduct assessments, develop treatment plans, and provide crisis intervention
3. Maintain electronic client case records, according to regulatory and agency defined standards
4. Maintain productivity standards as defined for the individual’s position
5. Prepare statistical and narrative reports regarding program and client activities
6. Participate in professional clinical skill development workshops and staff meetings
Full-time salary is $39K+ DOE. Solid benefits package. Direct placement opportunity.
Must be licensed, or permit eligible in the state of NY in any of the following disciplines:
Licensed Creative Arts Therapist, Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Master Social Worker, Licensed Mental Health Counselor or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org - we will e-mail you back to outline the rest of our process
Experienced Mental Health Counselor
Experienced Mental Health Counselor (School Based):
The Experienced Mental Health Counselor's primary function is to provide direct clinical services daily, including psycho-educational groups and crisis interventions to children and adolescents in a school based setting.
The Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) will possess a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a Human Services Field or Special Education with at least one (1) year of direct clinical services to children or adolescents.
Mental Health Counselor
Provide treatment services to residents (at our Touchstones program) through individual counseling, group process, multi-family sessions, educational groups, and recreational activities. Maintain a primary caseload of residents with whom a specialized therapeutic approach is tailored and implemented to meet resident’s unique needs within the program structure. Develop treatment plans for caseload and evaluate resident’s progress in meeting treatment plan goals and objectives. Must be MFT-I or ASW.
Social Model Recovery Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mental Health Counselor II Bilingual Spanish - Youth Contact School Ba
Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
Minimum of three (3) years’ experience, either employed or working as a volunteer, with special needs children or youth is preferred.
Must pass Department of Justice fingerprint clearance.
Bilingual, Spanish-speaking, and accurate interpreting and translating skills.
Valid California Driver’s License is required. Must meet guidelines of agency’s driving criteria (i.e. Proof of liability insurance, minimal moving violations, driving record free of DUI’s or reckless driving in the last 3 years, etc.) and maintain the criteria as per company policy at all times. REQ. 3554A In order to apply please submit a PDF resume.
Mental Health Counselor Bilingual Spanish Preferred
This position is located in Merced, CA.
The Clinician III is responsible for creating and overseeing implementation of behavioral plans, providing interventions for high risk youth, crisis management when needed, parent coaching, and providing support to paraprofessionals. Additional responsibilities include regulation compliance, referring agency coordination, documentation and record maintenance.
- Master’s degree or Doctorate as defined in the Health and Safety Code, Sections 1506 (e) (f)
- Intern Registration with the Board of Behavioral Sciences as an ASW, MFTI, PCCI or Registration as a Psychological Assistant with the Board of Health and Welfare
- Meets all state required conditions of employment as set forth by Community Care Licensing for a Licensed Community Care facility; i.e. Fingerprint and child Abuse Index clearance, TB/Health Physical, validCDL and clean driving record
Why Choose Us? *For Full-Time Employees*
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Medical Insurance
- Vision and Dental insurance
- 401 K option
- Life Insurance
- A Generous amount of PTO!
- Paid Holidays including your Birthday!
What matters to us most?
- Our clients! We modify our service and care based on our client's needs.
- You! Providing our employees with the best work-life balance.
We engage in value-based decision making to create the best possible outcomes for all our stakeholders, including our employees. We offer an excellent work environment and competitive benefits. Our network of enthusiastic team members is dedicated to bringing out the inner hero of the children, youth, families and communities we serve.
Our organizational culture is defined by the values of respect, integrity, courage and hope. If these values are inspiring to you and you thrive in a collaborative, team-based environment then Aspiranet may be the right choice for you. Take a look at our current opportunities and complete an online application. You may be one step closer to making a difference in your community.
Aspiranet offers a competitive benefits package to full-time employees that are aimed at supporting your health and wellness, financial planning, work life balance, and protection from the unexpected.
We understand your desire to continue to grow in the role. We are known for providing high quality services, excellent staff training and opportunities for advancement into supervisory and other roles within the organization.
The greatest benefit of a career at Aspiranet is the difference you make in the lives of our clients.
Aspiranet is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state, local, and federal law.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!