Merchandise Manager Job Description Sample
General Merchandise Manager
• Summary Description
• Manages employees and operations of the General Merchandise department. Coordinates sales
• promotions and advertising.
• Key Result Areas
General Merchandise Department Operations
• Major Duties and Responsibilities
• 1) Maintain Profitable General Merchandise Departments
Tracks and measures dealerships General Merchandise operations to ensure budgets and goals are met
• including location profitability.
Maintain General Merchandise operation consistency by implementing policies and procedures.
• 2) General Merchandise Department Operations
Ensure General Merchandise personnel are well trained and available when needed.
Design displays for merchandise, which are appealing to customers. Make effective use of:
Glass Cubes Towers
Oversee seasonal promotions (i.e. holiday display themes, fashion shows, special events, etc.) and
• coordinate them with other departments.
Review all stock orders to ensure a fast moving balanced inventory of General Merchandise.
• Coordinate orders with PA manager, if possible.
Maintain sufficient quantities of stock to support demand and acceptable inventory turn ratio.
Assist staff when needed.
Become familiar and efficient with all phases of the computer system required for General Merchandise
• management, including generating and reviewing Inventory reports.
Supervise and maintain an accurate up-to- date inventory management control system.
Establish procedures for ordering, receiving, logging into inventory, displaying, selling and restocking
• all merchandise.
Ensure employees keep all merchandise and displays clean, well dusted, and appealing to customers.
Set-up and maintain a smooth running, efficient, appealing retail environment for the General
• Merchandise department.
Purchase product assortments, gauge stock movement, and devise promotions, when necessary.
• 3) Management
Employ sound management practices to ensure General Merchandise department contributes
• acceptable levels of gross net profit.
Maximize return on investment of General Merchandise inventory.
Grow the volume of General Merchandise sales.
Maintain budgeted revenue and expense objectives.
Develop advertising sales, and promotional campaigns for merchandise. Take care of all Business
Communicate regularly with the Harley-Davidson Motor Company regarding:
Product Style Options
New/Future Product line Studies
Benchmark other retailers to determine “best practice” standards.
Organize and stage fashion shows and other events to sell merchandise.
Provide reports to Dealer Principal or General Manager, as requested.
Develop monthly and annual objectives for the department in collaboration with Dealer Principal or
• General Manager.
Attend training sessions (P.A.C.E., Harley-Davidson University, etc.) to keep current with
• merchandising trends inventory control issues.
• 4) Customer Service
Provide superior customer service to both internal and external customers.
Greet customers immediately, in a courteous and friendly manner.
Handle telephone transactions quickly, and courteously.
Point out any sales, specials, or new merchandise to staff and customers.
Handle customer complaints reasonably, showing empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate
• our commitment to Superior Customer Service.
• 5) Promotions
Plan and execute “exceptional” promotions to bring both “new and existing” customers into the
• dealership on a regular basis.
Coordinate promotions with other departments to maximize return on promotions spending.
Establish departmental work schedule, balancing the workloads of all employees.
Establish job assignments and sales quota’s for all General Merchandise personnel within their
Set policies and procedures for General Merchandise department.
Manage employee performance (evaluate and council).
Assist Dealer Principal or General Manager with recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and terminating
Maintain records of all employee performance reviews.
Provide training for all General Merchandise employees:
Harley-Davidson University Programs
Dealer Shows Expo’s
P.A.C.E. tapes and field training
Treat all employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
Model superior customer service behavior for all General Merchandise personnel by maintaining
positive relationships with customers, employees, General Manager and Dealer Principal.
Be prompt and available for flexible scheduling.
Be honest and fair in all business dealings.
Demonstrate an interest in growing the General Merchandise business.
• Qualifications Job Requirements
Experience with retail sales and inventory management.
Prefer knowledge and experience with servicing of Harley-Davidson General Merchandise, and
• other products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
Experience with Point-of- Sale and Parts Service management computer software or the ability to
• quickly learn due to general knowledge experience with computers.
• Physical Demands
Occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift 50 lbs. of material
• Working Conditions
Normally indoors, however, some outdoor work is required during open houses or other events.
• Compensation Plan
Salary plus Performance Based Commission and Industry Leading Benefits
Our core belief and mission statement supports our every effort to “fulfill the dreams” of our customers by ensuring every store visit is enjoyable and that continuous growth and improvement are part of our team’s development.
We look forward to seeing you!
Divisional Merchandise Manager
The following is a brief description of responsibilities to be performed by the Divisional Merchandise Manager - Mens/Boys Bottoms. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
This position is for the Mens/Boys Bottoms category
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for meeting planned sales, gross margin and inventory turnover goals for their designated areas.
- Develop and lead execution of focused merchandise assortment strategies and inventory management.
- Must have brand development and product development.
- Supervise and manage a group of Buyers and their staffs.
- Partners with Allocation, Marketing, and Visual teams to ensure correct execution of assortments in store.
- Monitors performance versus plan to identify trend opportunities.
- Manages all aspects of the merchandise offering-selection, negotiation, promotion, and disposition.
- Develops customer driven assortments that support departmental goals and key item focus.
- Provides collaborative guidance, direction and support to the planning organization in the development of financial merchandise and key item plans.
- Ensures the merchandise selection matches customer needs.
- Ensures merchandise mix balances quantity, style, size and price consistent with the company and individual market requirements.
- Attend relevant trade shows, markets and events to observe market trends, gather product information, selects merchandise, and establishes business relationships with viable vendors.
- Visits stores to evaluate merchandise mix, observes competition, weighs individual store needs and translate findings into executable product plans.
- Develops and maintains relationships with vendors.
- Interacts with the vendor community within company’s standards and codes of ethics.
- Partners with the Planner to complete accurate forecasts by evaluating financial information, current trends and anticipated market changes that impact buy decisions and strategies.
- Coaches and develops team to ensure growth and readiness for the next level position.
- Drives compliance and standards with processes, policies, tools, and associates within the group.
- Ensures promotional execution accuracy (pricing, signage, etc.)
- Proficient in the use of Excel and MS Word.
- Strong merchandising, product, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and decision making skills.
- Retail math literacy and application of concepts to daily operations.
- Ability to perform all essential duties and responsibilities listed above.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Must be able to communicate in a professional manner and respond with timeliness.
- Able to effectively use common office equipment.
- Resourceful and able to research problems and recommend solutions.
- Numerical and analytical ability required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Trend and fashion awareness with ability to understand current trends, competition and market.
- Ability to reprioritize projects frequently.
- Must have ability to multitask.
- Independent, self-motivated, team player.
- Able to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years minimum of retail Buying/Management experience in department store or specialty store chain required.
- 3 -5+ years experience in managing private label product development of Men’s Bottoms.
- High School Diploma required.
- Bachelors Degree from a four year college or university; or four years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Proficient in English
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit, stand, and operate business equipment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Typical office environment with low level noise exposure.
“Tillys will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, Chapter XVIII, Article 9 (Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box).”
Home Furniture Merchandise Manager
Location: Plano, TX
Salary:Generous Base Salary (Plus a Bonus plan)Benefits:
Full Benefits, Bonus, Health, 401K, Vacation & more.
Relocation: Full relocation Assistance is available for this position.
Our Client, a premier consumer goods company that sells a variety of home good products worldwide, is seeking an experienced furniture designer / merchandise manager to lead a small existing merchandising furniture team.
We’re looking to find someone that will help continue to transform the company’s tremendous growth to its next level. You will be responsible for an over all budget, multiple SKU’s and work with numerous vendors.
The right individual will also be responsible for all merchandising, including product development, document and copy review, color proof review, spec pricing and retail settings. Meet with vendors and traveling to tradeshows both domestic and internationally. Oversee Direct Mail Order /Catalog and promotions to include Internet e-commerce sales & merchandising.
The right candidate will bring their furniture design expertise to this position. Handle all the execution and conceptualization of all promotional efforts of various consumer home good furniture products.
- Work with designers, manufacturing contacts, QA, packaging, inventory, vendors and customer service to resolve various issues.
- Create imagery, reports and attend business team meetings.
- Determine pricing for loss leaders, sale items and other pricing strategies.
- Aid in retail settings when needed and complete firm spec pricing.
- Handle on-going product development and costing issues.
- Support all retail sales that will exceed $100 million dollars of product per year.
- Lead and manage a staff both direct and indirect.
BS. / BA, Degree with related work experience.
(Marketing, Business, Design, or equivalent degree).
- 5+ years of strong Merchandising, Marketing, Financial & General Business knowledge.
- A very creative individual with home furniture merchandise business experience is a must for this position.
- Ability to prepare sketches to convey product ideas to leaders and functional teams.
- Leadership experience managing both direct and indirect staff members to produce positive results.
- Proven record of supporting multiple SKU’s for both catalog print & web e-commerce.
- Must be able to think ahead for planning strategies.
- Ability to motivate and train staff with proven multi-task, organizational skills.
- PC skills, MS Word, Excel, computer graphics and Power Point.
- Must be currently authorized to work in the USA without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
If you are interested or know of someone that would be a great match, please contact John Marino at John@SourceRecruitmentSolutions.com
Or Apply Now here on line by clicking the "APPLY NOW" link below:
Assistant Merchandise Manager Trainee
AsWe are seeking 3-5 Entry Level Assistant Merchandise Manager Trainee's in the local area. This individual will be reporting to the senior marketing executive and will help implement our client’s brands marketing strategies- including - educating the consumer, on our client’s brands and products through in-store promotional events.
The ideal candidate will be able to establish and maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials and events, infusing the firm’s brand strategy in all that they do. The ideal candidate will assume responsibility for taking the firm’s corporate goals into account and developing and implementing the various marketing strategies to help our clients reach them – includes marketing events, market research, visual merchandise displays, brand development and business development.
- · Positive attitude and eagerness to learn
- · Strong desire to succeed
- · Exceptional communication skills
- · Ability to stand for extended periods of time in a retail store
- · Ability to talent scout new associates in the local area
- · Ability to mentor and train entry level associates
Although this is an entry level position and we train from the ground up, we find that the candidates that are the best fit have backgrounds, experience, education or knowledge in entry level, sales, marketing, leadership, management, business administration, customer relations, communications, public relations, advertising, marketing, sales, promotions, promotional marketing, consumer marketing, consumer products, retail, event planning, customer service, events, sports marketing, sports, training,
Luxury Merchandise Manager
Title of Job: Merchandise Manager
Luxury Jewelry Brand
Location: Los Angeles, CA
-Build product assortment, line plans and financial forecasts for all major wholesale department store accounts.
Reporting and analysis by style, season and channel.
Ensure seasonal targets are being hit make recommendations to maximize sell-through
Partner with Design, Planning and other Merchandising colleagues
Work closely with sales and wholesale account buying departments to ensure product assortment is carefully curated by account and door.
Interface with Account Buyers to create product lines and assortments by season
Stay on top of trends in the fine and fashion jewelry world
Set seasonal planning and budgets with the Sales Director and COO
Create visual directives for retail merchandising
Communicate with retail coordinators in the field on feedback from the selling floor
-4+ years of relevant Merchandising experience; Luxury required- fine jewelry is a plus!
College Degree required
Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently as well as in a group
Salary: Competitive base salary plus commission and bonuses
Divisional Merchandise Manager -- Womens Division
The Divisional Merchandise Manager works under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer. The Divisional Merchandise Manager directs and oversees the Buyers in their division to help optimize sales and profit through leadership, communication and training.
- Develops, communicates and drives business strategies for their Division in order to exceed financial goals and customer expectations. Financial accountabilities include: volume, margin, OTB, turn and WOS.
- Manages the merchandise buy based on business analysis and merchandising trends.
- Continually researches merchandise trends for their Division on a tactical and strategic level.
- Provides proper direction in merchandising presentation and space allotment.
- Develops and manages the Buying Team to be customer-focused, innovative, fast and team-oriented by providing day-to-day leadership and management to grow the business.
- Coaches the Buying Team on creating solid vendor relationships to drive sales and improve margin.
- Analyzes and reports daily, monthly and annual business performance trends (revenue, cost management, profitability, etc.) and develops strategic solutions to improve business performance and meet EBITDA goals.
- Works closely with CEO to ensure that all merchandising programs (floor sets) and sales strategies (promos, markdowns, etc.) are executed properly by the Division.
- Creates partnerships with internal and consulting experts in Merchandising, Distribution, Finance, Human Resources/Organizational Development and Operations to achieve Division goals.
- Directly supervises, coaches and mentors Sr. Buyers, Associate Buyers and Assistants with career paths and development plans.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Highly effective leadership skills and proven track record of achieving results and exceeding expectations
- Detail oriented and excellent analytical, financial and strategic planning skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a flexible mentor focused on Team development
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Experienced and savvy negotiation capabilities with outstanding vendor management skills
- Able to prioritize and coordinate multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Sense of urgency in pursuing business opportunities and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven, growth environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10 years retail buying experience with 3 years at building and managing teams
- Willingness and ability to travel
You're serious about your career, --REST assured you've come to the right place!This is a full-time position! We are searching for a self-starting, independent team member at Dave Smith Nissan Infiniti.
The right candidate will:
• Take photographs of inventory in a timely fashion upon the vehicle's arrival to the store
• Be conscious of speed when photographing each vehicle
• Take a variety of shots per vehicle in order to accurately represent the product to the customer
• Understand the terminology of the automobile business
• Keep abreast of technological changes in the product
High school diploma or the equivalent, valid in-state driver's license, all applicants must be authorized to work in the USA, all applicants must be able to demonstrate the ability to pass pre-employment testing. We offer full benefits with a 401K, medical insurance, and dental insurance!
General Merchandise Manager
We are looking for a General Merchandise, Sales Manager to join our team! This will be a direct report to our CEO. In this position, you will be responsible for account management and support staff for our channel sites. After developing a working understanding of our go to market strategy, the GMM will be responsible for growing profitable sales revenue through well planned and executed merchandising and marketing plans. These plans will be tailored on an account basis to maintain consistency in the marketplace and eliminate channel inconsistencies.
The GMM will manage the existing account management team, and be given the freedom to build out the optimal infrastructure for managing our channel, merchandising and marketing strategies.
- Manage P&L
- Establish relationships with key persons within each channel account including buyers, merchandise managers, shipping managers and marketing, and mentor account managers to do the same.
- Develop a fundamental working knowledge of RST Brands product strategy and develop merchandising strategies that maximize sales by account while minimizing price and channel inconsistencies. Create a coordinated merchandising plan where diverse accounts function as part of a coordinated selling ecosystem.
- Work with our account management team to ensure that RST Brands products are properly merchandised and displayed in the marketplace. Develop best practices to launch new items, update availability and communicate with our channel partners.
- Develop and maintain marketing and promotional calendars so that all global marketing events are part of a coordinated global marketing strategy. Manage the marketing budget and analyze the efficacy of marketing events to shape future marketing strategies.
Candidate must have minimum of 5+ years ecommerce merchandising and sales experience with an emphasis in online selling. The ideal candidate should exhibit maturity and proactive enthusiasm with strong organization skills.
- Proven History of Building and Managing a team
- Tech-Savvy with strong online skills and understanding of online shopping and ecommerce
- Strongly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite - emphasis in Excel and Outlook.
- NetSuite experience preferred, but not required.
- Candidate must possess the ability to coordinate meetings, cultivate relationships, and interface with multiple departments.
- The ideal candidate must be able to collaborate efficiently and effectively, communicate, and follow through with other departments within RST Brands. Strong communication and organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines, quickly learn about our product lines, maintain, and organize within an already established filing system, multitask and switch focus "on the fly".
· Candidate will be bound by non-compete and NDA guidelines of the RST Brands employee manual.
That means creating solutions that don't compromise on quality, comfort, or style because we believe they should all go hand in hand to make homes functional as well as beautiful.
So whether it's your house, your yard, or anything in between, our goal is simple: to help you enjoy life a little more.
Merchandise Manager - Tuscaloosa
NorthRiver Yacht Club in Tuscaloosa, AL is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of full-time Merchandise Manager. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
Key Responsibilities of the Merchandise Manager:
Minimum Qualifications for the Merchandise Manager:
Merchandise Manager - Specialty Accounts
As part of The North Face North America Merchandising team, this position partners with Global Product Management, Sales and the NA merchandising team for assigned territory to support the development and direction of seasonal product initiatives and assortments to meet financial targets/metrics and assist with delivering on strategic intent. Lead segment of territory, product vision and strategy facilitation across all North Americas Retail environments (Mexico, Canada, US), aligned with long range plans.
- Lead facilitation of Merchandising strategy for consumer territory subset (gender/activity or channel) across all North Americas Retail environments (Mexico, Canada, US), aligned with long range plans
- Voice of the North American (wholesale & D2C) region during global product milestone meetings
- Interpret in-season and post season sales opportunities, (by classification and price point) reporting out to the global product teams
- Gather market research and interpret opportunities ( competitive analysis/comps shops) to align on seasonal opportunities
- Curate channel assortments and assist in segmentation that provide meaningful points of difference by channel
- Participates in cross functional Go To Market work stream, ensuring seasonal vision is brought to life instore and online
- Coordinate/participate in Preseason meetings with targeted strategic accounts/D2C
- Sales Meeting Presentation preparation and participation
- Participate in wholesale lead sell-in meeting for strategic accounts to gather hindsight information
- Inform seasonal Merchandise planning forecasts with channel/account driven bottom up build
- Years of Related Professional Experience: 5+ years in branded merchandise/development/retail buying
Bachelor of Arts: Merchandising, Product Management, or Business Preferred or equivalent combination of years of experience and education.
- Management Experience: 1-2 years management a plus and cross functional partnerships
- Computer/Software Applications: Microsoft Office Suite. Adobe illustrator a plus
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written, strong cross functional collaboration skills required
- Strong presentation skills, proven ability to influence in front of accounts
- Strong understanding of assigned marketplace, including regional difference and across diverse channels of distribution
- Ability to play and integral role within a broader team, connect the department and individual expectations to company vision
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work with others as part of cross-functional team, build consensus, and achieve results across a variety of distinct groups.
- Experience product forecasting, statistical modeling and/or strategic planning
- Experience in retail sales analysis and interpretation of data to identify opportunities
- Understanding of product development and manufacturing process (a plus)
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!