Merchandise Manager Job Description Sample
Retail Merchandise Manager - Grand Teton Lodge Company, Wyoming
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo.
You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service.
Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Are you an experienced retail professional? Does a busy schedule with competing priorities and obligations excite you?
Are you interested in working and living in Grand Teton National Park? Are you looking for an Experience of a Lifetime? If you answered, "Yes" to these questions, this position is great for you!
The Retail Merchandise Manager / Coordinator is responsible for leadership and operation of the warehouse at Jackson Lake Lodge, assisting in receiving operation and data entry of purchase orders; coordinate store merchandise requisitions. The manager is expected to train, direct, and manage the Merchandising team, while working with the year-round retail staff to prioritize and organize stocking needs. The Manager is responsible to coordinate in-season inventories and conduct counts on merchandise in-season to improve inventory control, and additionally assist in "stock and sales" analysis.
The "must haves" for this position include:
Prior retail management experience
Ability to motivate and direct people
Good communications and organizational skills
Working knowledge of windows based programs (Microsoft Office)
Prior experience with Retail Point-of-Sale
Ability to communicate both verbally and written in an effective manner
The ability to operate in a high-stress environment, managing competing priorities
The ability to consistently lift 75 lbs
Come capture the "Spirit of the Tetons" in one of the most photographed mountain ranges in North America. Our team returns year after year to ensure that our guests get the most out of our abundant wildlife, breathtaking views, hiking trails, fishing and much more.
We are committed to environmental stewardship and sustainability through zero waste, energy and water conservation, green dining and retail, volunteerism, and education. Grand Teton Lodge Company offers an amazing place to live and work, as well as free staff housing. www.vailresortscareers.com
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 145944
Visual Merchandise Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Proven skills in the creation and delivery of print, display design, 3-D, digital, motion graphics, and streaming video for luxury and retail hospitality that maximizes brand recognition as well as provide conversation starters with clients and guests.
- Leads strategic brainstorming and conception sessions in partnership with purchasing and operations, with updates and regular reviews.
- Development of store managers on visual standards and training. Maintains visual training and documentation updates for the field.
- Maintains integrity of design and brand identity throughout all phases of project development.
- Optimizes designs for fabrication efficiency and usability for in-store experience.
- Pre and post planning with analysis on visual impacts and store business.
- Drives revenue and profit by identifying opportunities for components, displays, vitrines and other visual elements.
- Delivers optimal productivity through operational excellence and consistency each shift.
- Partners with retail leadership on property and at the corporate office to ensure systems and standards are met.
- Creates actionable plans for stores based on current product and sales goals.
- Supports trunk and pop up shows as needed.
Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving them.
Retail Boutique Manager/ Merchandise Manager
Retail Boutique Manager/ Merchandise Manager, Los Angeles needed for adorable shop-in-shop.
Join a growing and motivated business that tailors to activities and fitness for children and adults. Looking for an experienced Retail Merchandiser or Shop Manager (apparel, gift items, snacks) to manage the business within a business; hire and train team, oversee inventory, spearhead sales and marketing of the shop. The ideal candidate will have creative merchandising skills to showcase product and brainstorm sales promotions.
This little dynamic retail store is located within an amazing 40,000 square foot gym, activity and fitness destination in a trendy part of LA. Role
Manage activities of the shop; accountable for all incoming and outgoing items, product orders, sales, promotions, marketing Creatively and effectively merchandise apparel, all items, assist with in-store layout, product placement, best use of display and square footage Grow sales; brainstorm and collaborate with owners to create promotions that parallel and capitalize on in-house activities, functions, seasons and weather.
Order regular product and anticipate seasonal needs, foresee inventory gaps and ensure pre-orders for all promotions Inventory management; diligently track product and movement, identify needs for new and different product Vendor negotiations, vendor system in-put/delivery set up, and vendor relations Marketing; generate new and effective ways to market product during business hours offline and online, within store and around the floor Social media; may assist with social media and community advertising and posts to draw attention to the shop Hire and select new store team members; train with inventory pricing, cashier, service and sales. Preferred Skills and Experience Normally requires a Bachelor s degree (or Associates degree) in Merchandising & Design, Marketing, Business, or similar. Required: Must have experience in Retail and or Merchandising experience 3-5 years, additionally 1 year(s) as a supervisor/trainer or manager.
Apparel (adult): some retail children s wear or selling children gifts is ideal, but not required. Ability to hire, motivate and train a team, manage others, coordinate shifts and scheduling Strong interpersonal skills with sales and customer-service mind-set Experience working around clients of all ages; toddlers through adults, must enjoy working around kids! Experience building client relations and increasing monthly sales in a retail environment Entrepreneur mentality and desire to continuously improve and grow a small retail business Bilingual in other languages is a plus, but not required.
This is an amazing opportunity for the right person. Schedule is weekends and some weekdays. Full time: approximately 40 hours per week, health benefits, parking, perks.
Talent Suede offers smart career choices for candidates, all levels in Apparel, Retail, Digital and Corporate industries. Apply Online Below
Manager Of Merchandise Planning - Impact Areas
- Collaborate with Merchants to coordinate the selection of merchandise for impact areas within stores to drive incremental sales
- Construct reporting and analysis to facilitate the selection of merchandise candidates for impact areas using merchandise and space planning systems and processes
- Incorporate store space constraints and fixture availability into merchandise decisions
- Ensure that assortment selection decisions are reflected in buyer’s purchase order quantities, planogram instructions and store allocations
- Manage the assortment selection process on a timeline manner to provide efficient and timely store execution
- Coordinate with store operations to incorporate their assortment feedback into the merchandise selection process
- Manage a team of merchandising specialists to facilitate the merchandise selection and execution process
- Develop a thorough understanding of Academy policies, procedures, and safety rules
Duties may change; team member may be required to perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in relevant field of study or equivalent years of related work experience required
- 5+ years of related work related experience required
- Strong ability to analyze, articulate, and solve complex problems/concepts to make effective business decisions
- Ability to communicate information and ideas through a variety of media that engages and helps audience understand the message
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal communication and presentation skills, with the ability to interface effectively with individuals at various levels both internally and externally
- Proficient at developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and the management of multiple categories in a fast paced, frequently changing environment while remaining detailed and organized
- Ability to set high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement
- Ability to work and effectively lead team members, regardless of their personalities and communication styles
- Able to maintain the customer perspective as a driving force behind business decisions/activities
- System - Strong MS-Office, Microstrategy, and JDA experience
- Acceptable level of hearing and vision to perform job duties
Consumer Goods Merchandise Manager
We are an early stage venture based in NYC and looking for Merchandise Manager to source a variety of consumer goods for export. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with entrepreneurial skills to turn a startup into a high volume business. Responsibilities include sourcing for new consumer products, finding manufacturers and wholesalers, negotiating prices and quantities, executing orders and handling logistics. Minimum 3 years experience with highly competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience.
Merchandise Manager - Womens & Petites - Banana Republic Factory Store
Who We Are: Banana Republic is a global apparel and accessories vertical specialty retail organization focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics designed for today with style that endures.
We outfit those who see every day as full of opportunity and seek to make the most of every moment. At Banana Republic, we believe in seeing life a little differently, taking it all in, adding to it and making it your own. We live with style.
What We Do: The Merchandise Manager leads the Global Omni Merchandising and cross-functional team for Banana Republic Factory Store Women's & Petites. Job Description Own the Women's and Petites product assortment strategy for multiple markets and channels, including North America, Japan and Online.
Develop, communicate and drive global omni long range and seasonal business strategies that meet or exceed financial goals and customer expectations. Develop and manage the Merchandising team to be global omni customer, product and competitor focused; innovative; fast and team-oriented in their work. Develop and gain approval for Divisional long range and seasonal global omni strategies and prioritize tasks to support those strategies and meet financial targets.
Partner with cross-functional team members to develop Divisional key concepts, key items, omni marketing stories, promotional strategies and site merchandising strategy to ensure that the collection is commercially viable and provides an exciting digital and in-store customer experience. Partner with sourcing team to create strategies and drive decisions regarding costing, fabric positioning and inventory flexibility. Partner with Global Omni Planning team on divisional investments to ensure that smart risks are being taken, basic businesses are protected and financial targets are met.
Align with design on garment aesthetic and fit. Ensure product execution meets the design aesthetic as well as commercially acceptable quality standards. Present assortment to senior management for approval by developing presentation structure and content, and ensuring appropriate analysis is completed.
Identify business opportunities and risks in-season through analyzing sales performance and gathering marketplace information. Partner with Global Yield Management team to maximize in-season sales and margin. Change future Divisional strategies in-season where needed and provide appropriate and timely direction to the cross-functional team in order to react quickly to customer and business trends.
Assess direct and aspirational competition with respect to financial condition, trends, marketing and product strategy; react accordingly to ensure market leadership. Partner with design on developing the assortment including inspiration shopping trips, vendor visits, and sample approval. Partner with design on developing the assortment throughout pipeline including inspirational direction, vendor co-creation, and sample approval.
Qualifications Strong eye for product, understanding of target customer, and clear point of view around product assortment and business opportunities. Deep knowledge of omni-channel competitive set with ability to anticipate trends and drive market share growth. Experience in successfully leading a cross functional team.
Ability to coach, mentor and develop across multiple levels of Merchandising. Demonstrate strong leadership ability in inspiring and motivating teams. Demonstrate smart risk taking and strategic thinking in product and investment strategies.
Possess strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrate adept listening, verbal, written, negotiation and presentation skills.
Possess a clear understanding of financial measurements and how to impact them.
Demonstrate consistent ability to drive financial results and goals. Knows how to drive the business by balancing the Art and Science. Possess strong presentation, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
Possess knowledge of production processes. Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multitasking in a fast-paced environment. Bachelor's degree.
Experience as a Merchandiser Manager or equivalent. Experience managing business across multi channels and markets preferred. Product development experience preferred.
Women's apparel experience preferred. Ability to travel domestically and internationally. 5-7 years of retail buying experience. 2-4 years of management experience. Apply SDL2017
Assistant To Merchandise Manager
Coordinates travel arrangements, itineraries and processes expenses reports
MS Excel - lookups, pivot tables, formulas At least 3 months supporting fast paced managers Strong Organizational skills Nice to have: Oracle Job Id: 161805 Please note, our client is considering local candidates only at this time. Thank you If you are already working with a WinterWyman recruiter, please contact them directly; otherwise, please
Merchandise Accounting Manager
Job Description: SNI Financial has partnered with a premier client in Dallas that has an immediate need for an Accounting Manager.
This is a very visible role, will manage a team and focus on inventory accounting. The ideal candidate will have a BS in Accounting and 5 years in public accounting with a CPA or applicable experience. The candidate must also have strong leadership and management experience for a variety of corporate initiatives, including financial systems improvements and process enhancements.
Our client offers strong leadership, good work-life balance, summer hours and great location. If you are qualified and interested in
Assistant Travelling Visual Merchandise Manager
Envision a place where you can be proud of the products you promote because of their superior quality. A place where you can inspire customers to make their homes more beautiful and comfortable. Where your creativity is considered the foundation of a lasting career.
If you share our passion for design and excellence, we’d love to share our exciting career possibilities with you. In this exciting yet challenging role, you will be responsible for maintaining the highest visual standards in the home furnishings industry while presenting a stage in which to display our products. In addition to creating the experience which is Arhaus Furniture, you will be responsible for weekly store transfers and working with management insuring that inventory is maintained at satisfactory levels.
This is a Full-Time Assistant Visual MerchandiseManager position.Initially you will be primarilybased out of our Northbrook location and then required to travel to surrounding locations starting in the summer of 2018. The purpose of this roleis to maintain the highest visual standards, throughout the industry, while presenting a stage in which to display our product.
- Some work experience or knowledge in faux finishing and specialty painting.
- Intermediate computer literacy
- Ability to work independently with little supervision/self-motivated.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Must be willing to travel as needed.
- Must be able to move or lift heavy objects up to 130 pounds.
- Must be willing to work extended hours as needed.
- Must be able to operate most building tools and equipment.
- College degree or job experience in a related field (floral design, graphic design, and/or set/stage design).
- Intermediate computer literacy
- College degree or job experience in a related field (floral design, graphic design, and/or set/stage design).
Grocery Outlet (www.groceryoutlet.com) is the leading extreme value retailer in the United States, serving bargain-minded customers since 1946. The Grocery Outlet Bargain Market brand currently includes over 230 independently operated stores in California, Nevada, Oregon, Idaho, Washington and Pennsylvania. Privately held, Grocery Outlet generates annual revenues exceeding $1.5 Billion and employs ~1000 people across the US. Headquartered in Emeryville, California, Grocery Outlet has been family-operated for almost 70 years and has a rich history of putting customers and employees first.
About the team:
Set Crew team is constantly on the move, building new stores weekly. Great additions to the team possess hard work, dedication, can-do and positive attitude. We are seeking talented individuals who can be our partner to grow the business and open new stores. There are tons of potential opportunities for upward growth to those who show a strong desire to succeed
About this role:
Travel is approximately 85 - 90% of the time. Our Set Crew is constantly moving to new locations to help build new stores, and remodel old stores, so flexibility in schedule and travel is a must. If you are excited by the idea of seeing new places and meeting new people, this is the job for you.
- Training store employees on specific department objectives pre-opening.
- Construction of new shelving and racking according to plans and measurements.
- Merchandising of new shelving, according to best practices for merchandise flow procedures.
- De-merchandise shelving in an organized fashion to prepare for removal of old shelving equipment.
- Deconstruction of old shelving and racking.
- Be able to effectively communicate thoughts and ideas through written/verbal communication.
- Be able to complete administrative tasks including, but not limited to managing expenses, booking flights, and submitting timecard on time.
- Other duties as assigned
- You have a Bachelor s or Associate's degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Ability to continuously move around in all areas of the store on a daily basis, as well as the ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to work with deadlines, and complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to travel long distances for work, including flying out of state.
- Willingness to work flexible work schedules, including frequently working 10 days on followed by 4 days off in a row, occasional overnight shifts when needed.
- Able to work occasional overtime when requested.
- Willing to learn new skills, and work in new areas.
- You have a can-do, professional and positive attitude.
An exciting future ahead!
Grocery Outlet is pursuing an aggressive growth strategy with a near-term goal of 400 stores by 2020. Our growth is supported by Hellman& Friedman, a private equity firm that acquired Grocery Outlet in September 2014. With the powerful synergy between them and our corporate team, we provide above-and-beyond support to our owner-operator network of stores while maintaining an unparalleled reputation in the supplier community as a company that can move inventories and delivers prompt, on-time payment.
Associated topics: buyer, display, inventory, merchandise, purchase, raw material, shipment, store, supplier, supply chain
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!