Metal Control Worker Job Description Sample
Sheet Metal Worker - Level 2
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a candidate for the Sheet Metal Worker - Level 2 position located in Rockford, I L. Sets up and operates machines such as drill presses, punch presses, shears, bending rolls, brakes, grinders and numerical control equipment to shape and alter sheet metal according to specifications.
Follows blueprints, rough sketches or engineer drawings to shape metal accurately. Uses hand and power tools to shape and smooth metal and to blend seams. May set up and operate soldering and welding equipment.
May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
Special Considerations: Lifting is generally at or below 30Lbs. without significant repetitions. Moderate exposure to machinery and physical risks is anticipated. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Sheet Metal Worker
12.62 to 19.37 for experienced Journey or 9.81 to 13.55 for Apprentice Education Most sheet metal workers have a high school diploma or equivalent. Those interested in becoming a sheet metal worker should take high school classes in algebra, geometry, and general vocational education courses including blueprint reading, mechanical drawing, and welding. Many technical schools have programs that teach welding and metalworking. These programs help provide the basic welding and sheet metal fabrication knowledge that many workers need to perform their job. Training Most construction sheet metal workers learn their trade through 4- or 5-year apprenticeships. Each year, apprentices must have 1,700 to 2,000 hours of paid on-the-job training and 144 to 320 hours of related technical instruction, depending on the program. Apprentices learn construction basics such as blueprint reading, math, building code requirements, and safety and first aid practices. Welding may be included as part of the training. Although most construction workers enter apprenticeships directly after finishing high school, some start out as helpers before entering apprenticeships. Apprenticeship programs are offered at Ellis Heating Company, Inc. The basic qualifications for entering an apprenticeship program are being 18 years old and having a high school diploma or the equivalent. After completing an apprenticeship program, sheet metal workers are considered to be journey workers who are qualified to perform tasks on their own. Benefits
Voluntary Insurance Package
Profit Sharing Plan
Company T-shirts & Hats
Company vehicle Job Responsibilities
Sheet metal workers typically do the following:
Installation sheet metal workers install heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) ducts
Maintenance sheet metal workers repair and clean ventilation systems so the systems use less energy. Workers remove dust and moisture and fix leaks or breaks in the sheet metal that makes up the ductwork.
Testing and balancing sheet metal specialists ensure that HVAC systems heat and cool rooms properly by adjusting sheet metal ducts to achieve proper airflow.
Select types of sheet metal according to plans
Measure and mark dimensions and reference lines on metal sheets
Drill holes in metal for screws, bolts, and rivets
Install metal sheets with supportive frameworks
Fabricate or alter parts at construction sites
Maneuver and anchor large sheet metal parts
Fasten seams or joints by welding, bolting, riveting, or soldering Minimum Qualifications
Computer skills.Sheet metal workers use computer-aided drafting and design (CADD) programs and building information modeling (BIM) systems as they design products and cut sheet metal.
Vulcan by Trimble: Training is provided.
Dexterity.Sheet metal workers need good hand-eye coordination and motor control to make precise cuts and bends in metal pieces.
Math skills.Sheet metal workers must calculate the proper sizes and angles of fabricated sheet metal, as it is important to ensure the alignment and fit of ductwork.
Mechanical skills.Sheet metal workers use saws, lasers, shears, and presses to do their job. As a result, they should have good mechanical skills in order to operate and maintain equipment.
Physical stamina.Sheet metal workers will spend many hours standing.
Physical strength.Sheet metal workers must be able to lift and move ductwork that is often heavy and cumbersome. Able to lift 50 pounds. About Us With more than 70 years in the heating and cooling business, Ellis Heating Company, Inc. and Ellis Mechanical, LLC are mechanical contracting companies serving West Tennessee with unlimited license numbers (10458, & 61458) & bondable in TN. HVAC service is handled by our related party company, EC Sales and Service, LLC. Many of our employees have 15+ years of experience at Ellis Heating Company, Inc.; we’ve earned a reputation for doing the job right the first time.
Metal Control Coordinator
We are seeking a Metal Control Coordinator to join our team!
- Review contracts and contract changes for accuracy.
- Generate and distribute new contracts and pricing confirmations to Traders and external counterparties.
- Enter trade information such as contracts, price fixations, and hedge activity into Fintrade software system.
- Generate and distribute a daily activity report, showing trading and hedging activity.
- Validate and update the Risk Position report and hedge positions daily.
- Maintain the ledger of open-priced orders to support trading activity.
- Support Logistics team by providing vacation backup and other assistance as needed.
- Making delivery appointments with various customers.
- Scheduling trucks for pickup and delivery.
- Confirming receiving information with customers.
- Invoicing for shipments and logistics services.
- Point of contact for client questions on trading and pricing issues.
- Fluent Spanish speaker strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in logistics, planning, or other related fields preferred
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong attention to detail.
- Familiarity with enterprise software or logistics systems preferred.
- Intermediate excel skills preferred.
- Ability to work well in teams
Manufacturing Supervisor-Production Control - Sheet Metal
Production Control Supervisor- 1st Shift- Georgetown, MA
We are looking for a Production Control Supervisor. Please visit us at www.metaltronics.com to learn more about our company.
Responsibilities/ your duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Manage Group Leaders to enforce company policies and work schedules.
- Assist Plant Manager in supervising a crew of 35+ employees.
- Track and expedite part production.
- 3 to 5 years of precision sheet metal experience.
- Familiar with machines used in precision sheet metal industry.
- Interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications.
- Meet the demands in a fast pace environment.
- Mechanical knowledge with hands on ability.
- Great attention detail.
After a year of employment, employees receive an extra "birthday" vacation day. Metal Tronics, Inc. offers health insurance, dental insurance, life & disability insurance, 401K Plan and paid vacations and holidays.
Metal Restoration Worker
Restoration shop in Hamilton is looking for a part-time individual to sand and polish metal parts. The candidate must have an attention to detail and take pride in their work.
Schedule will be approximately 20 hours per week (weekdays), depending on our work load. Pay will be commensurate with experience and skill level. Must have a valid driver license and be able to pass background check and finger printing.This is a non-smoking work environment.
Hvac-Sheet Metal Worker
HVAC Sheet Metal Workers install, operate, maintain, and repair heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC/R) systems, combustion equipment, and industrial air compressors.
compensation: $25 - $35/hr, depending on experience
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
Servicing of AC/Heater units
Installing furnaces, AC/Heater units and components
Installing and fabricating duct work and cold boxes with the use of hand and power tools and benders
Knowledge of electrical disconnects, breaker panels, and the use of volt and megger meters is a must
Five years' experience
Knowledge of electrical disconnects, breaker panels, and the use of volt and megger meters
Tools of your trade
PeopleReady is a part of TrueBlue Inc., the global workforce solutions leader connecting clients with over 840,000 precisely matched associates every year across 70 countries. Through our recruitment outsourcing, onsite management and on-demand talent delivery services, we are industry-leading innovators for the changing world of work. Let PeopleReady help you get your work done well.
Sheet Metal Worker
Fabricate, assemble, install, and repair sheet metal products and equipment, such as ducts, control boxes, drainpipes, and furnace casings. Work may involve any of the following: setting up and operating fabricating machines to cut, bend, and straighten sheet metal; shaping metal over anvils, blocks, or forms using hammer operating soldering and welding equipment to join sheet metal parts inspecting, assembling, and smoothing seams and joints of burred surfaces.
Metal Utility Worker
Metal Utility Worker
Position Type:Full-Time Regular
Experience Required:Less than 1 year
Hours of Work:3pm-11pm
Location:US - Pennsylvania - Lancaster
Division:EMG - Specialty Metals
Education Required:High School Diploma
- Travel Percentage:0.00 Email a FriendSaveSaveApply Now Position Description: The AMETEK Hamilton Precision Metals Plant are the custom re-roller of precision metal strip and foil, including titanium, nickel and nickel-based alloys, stainless steel and super alloys with applications in medical, aerospace, electronics, process control among others. Products include CP Grade 1 titanium for pacemakers and other implantable medical devices, CP Gr.2 for drug infusion pumps, and Constantan and Evanohm foil for strain gages. Markets include medical instrumentation, aerospace technology, computers and electronics and automotive industries. This position reports directly to the shipping supervisor with primary duties being to move materials, parts, and supplies from and to stock areas, throughout plant processing, and then to shipping. Additional
Responsible for handling and processing incoming raw material as well as preparing materials for shipping.
Must maintain the shipping log, and prepare shipping information and certifications.
Other duties include assisting the maintenance department and cleaning work areas and equipment.
- May be required to operate equipment such as towmotor; Company vehicle, and electric and manual hand lift truck. Position
• Must be comfortable working in a unionized, multi-machine job shop environment. • Individuals should have experience working with metal alloy material. • Experience working with or around roll grinding, rolling mills, slitting, and cleaning machinery preferred. • Individual must be willing to work on varying shifts and on weekends if needed. • Understanding that work orders are set-up and run specific to customer needs and require attention to detail. • Individual must have a high school diploma or GED certification. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Sheet Metal Warehouse Worker
Sheet Metal Warehouse Worker
salary:$12 per hour
date posted:Friday, February 2, 2018
job type:Temp to Perm
description Southside Manufacturing and Logistics office is currently recruiting for a part time warehouse worker on the Southside of Jacksonville. The hours for this position are Monday
Friday from 8:00am
1:00pm. This is a part time position. The pay for this position is $12.00 per hour. Job Duties: Consistent heavy lifting for 5-8 hours of 75-100 pounds Preparing and completing warehouse orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule Receiving and processing warehouse stock products Performing warehouse inventory controls and keeping quality standards high for audits Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimise space utilisation Complete diary logs into inventory Report any discrepancies Working hours: Monday
Proven working experience as a warehouse worker Proficiency in inventory software, databases and systems Familiarity with modern warehousing practices and methods Good organisational and time management skills Ability to lift heavy objects If you meet the qualifications for this position, please apply directly to this posting with your most updated resume. Thank you! Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
Sr. Quality Control Inspector - Precision Sheet Metal & Machined Parts
Quality Fabrication Inc. is a mid-sized fast paced "Precision Sheet Metal Fabrication and Machining" company located in Chatsworth, CA - 91311. An AS-9100 certified company.
We are seeking a detail-oriented and skilled Quality Inspector. As a Quality Inspector with Quality Fabrication, you will perform inspection on Complex Sheet Metal and Machined parts.
As a Quality Inspector with Quality Fabrication, you must have
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience with inspection of Complex Sheet Metal and Machined Parts.
- Degree or Diploma from a recognized technical institute
- Some experience communicating with customers and vendors for rejected items.
- Must be detail oriented with ability to notice minute details
- Must be comfortable working in fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Some knowledge of CMM plus.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) a plus.
Tasks of the Quality Inspector include (not limited to):
- Preparing First Article reports
- Calibration of test equipment using established procedures.
- Inspect complex parts using various mechanical inspection tools.
- Corrective Action reports for rejected parts from customers and vendors.
- Work with customer and vendors to understand the rejections and formulate a good corrective action.
Regular Shift timings are 7:00 AM - 03:30 PM
As a Quality Inspector with Quality Fabrication, you will collaborate with supervisors of various department as needed to achieve desired quality of production and output.
At Quality Fabrication, we offer compensation based on experience and a benefits package that includes Medical and PTO Plans.
Established in 1980, Quality Fabrication, Inc. has been a manufacturer of custom precision sheet metal fabrication and machining parts serving California and the surrounding area. We are housed in a 50,000 square foot facility and use state of the art technology and equipment in the manufacture of quality products. We serve a variety of industries and the products we manufacture range from panels and machined parts to large tube frames. We also offer a wide variety of value-added services and engineering design assistance for cost efficiency. Our mission is to maintain a commitment to excellence in quality and customer requirements through continuous improvement of processes and training while maintaining an efficient working relationship with suppliers.
For more information about who we are and what we do, please visit our website www.quality-fab.com . Please include salary requirements with your application and resume.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!