Metal Hanger Job Description Sample
Dry Wall Hanger
Responsible for installing wallboards to ceilings or to interior walls of buildings and applying plaster. Smooths out imperfections with trowels and shackle. Applies coats of compound after panels are mounted to walls or ceiling.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
· Apply drywall to walls or ceilings.
· Fasten drywall panels to the inside framework of building.
· Prepare panels for painting by taping or finishing joints.
· Smooth out imperfections.
· Work with ceiling tile installers to build walls.
· Read blueprints and designs.
· Measure, cut, fit, and fasten panels.
· Prepare panels by sawing, drilling, or cutting holes in panels for electrical outlets, air-conditioning units, and plumbing.
· Screw panels to wood or metal framework.
· Use a lift to place ceiling panels.
· Fill joints in-between panels with spackle.
· Use trowels to spread spackle.
· Press paper tape into compound.
· Smooth away excess material.
· Cover nail and screw depressions with spackle.
· Apply second and third coats of compound.
· Sand areas after each coast.
· Workers must be able to:
o Direct or plan an activity
o Attain set limits or standards
o Do simple arithmetic accurately
o See differences in form and surfaces
o Make decisions based on measurable standards.
Commercial Drywall Hanger And Finisher
Commercial drywall hanger and finisher, 3-5 years experience must have own tools and transportation.
Finish Carpenter/Door Hanger
Seeking highly skilled Finish Carpenters to assist in the construction of new high end custom homes in the Los Angeles area.
The Finish Carpenter shall be experienced in modern and traditional woodworking techniques and shall work professionally with all team members. The Finish Carpenter shall report to the Finish Carpentry Foreman and the Construction Director.
General Responsibilities and Duties
- be responsible for accurate interpretation of construction drawings and specifications and have the ability to execute the work accordingly
- be able to communicate clearly and effectively in english with other team members.
- create a strong positive team environment between all project members.
- be in attendance during regular working hours with no unavoidable distractions
- own and maintain all tools customarily required for Finish Carpentry related tasks included but not limited to; nail guns, compressors, table saws, routers, chop boxes, levels, and associated hand tools. Door hanging tools a plus.
The Finish Carpenter shall have a complete understanding and have the ability to execute following tasks in accordance with the Finish Carpentry Foreman’s direction;
- have through knowledge of the work and have previous experience in performing interior and exterior finish carpentry and or wood jamb setting and door hanging
- have the ability to review and understand shop drawings
- have the ability to layout, plan and execute the work individually and with others
- provide material take off’s for the work
- maintain project information on site in an organized manner
- coordinate work with other tradesmen on site
- assure that work is placed accurately and is of the highest standards
Qualifications; The Finish Carpenter shall;
- have 8 or more years’ experience in large and small scale high end finish carpentry projects including but not limited to interior and exterior wood ceilings and siding, base board and casings, interior and exterior door installations ( metal and wood)
- have a thorough understanding of all materials and techniques
- have a strong desire to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment executing complicated projects at a very high level.
- previous experience managing finish carpenters
- successful past projects
- Prior Estimating experience
- Technical training and or similar trade experience.
Drywaller (Framer, Hanger Or Taper)
Local construction company seeking experienced metal stud framers, hangers or tapers for construction of commercial construction projects.
Seeking Apprentices or Journeyman
Looking for a great 1st shift temporary to hire role? Then this might be the right position for you! We are looking for a team player who is looking to work in a fast paced -highly productive role working 7am to 3:30 Monday to Friday!
In this role the employee will be taking metal product from bins and placing them on hangers to be painted. Once the product is hung it goes through the sprayer, then dryer and then the employee we would take the products back off the hangers.
Some products require a pre-spray paint to get into the smaller intricate part
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment
High attention to detail and put out quality work
Be able to stand for an 8 hour shift
Must be a quick learner and be able to take instructions well
We offer competitive wages and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
To learn more about us and the kinds of people we employ, please visit our web site at
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to the large number of responses we receive to our job postings, only those applicants with the needed experience, applicable educational requirements, and qualifications will be acknowledged.
Drywall Installer/Drywall Hanger
National Catastrophe Restoration, INC. (NCRI) is one of Kansas City's premiere restoration/construction companies is continuing to expand. NCRI is looking for Drywall Finishers/Hangers. Applicant must be self motivated with a good work ethic, good attendance and reliable transportation. Competitive pay and excellent benefits.
Driver's license and drug testing required.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply in person:
NCRI - National Catastrophe Restoration, Inc
Lenexa, KS 66214
Journeyman Drywall Hanger Install Commercial Project
We are looking to hire a crew of Journeyman Drywall installers for a Commercial jobsite in Hawthorne, CA. This temporary opportunity starts within the next week, so do not delay in submitting your resume to this job today!
-Must have over 5 years of recent and verifiable experience with commercial Drywall
-Hanging and Installation and Mudding and Taping experience all are a MUST
-Must have your full hand tools, cordless drill, and safety equipment.
-Must be able to clear a 7 year background and drug screen.
Looking for 1 Lead and a crew of 2-3 Journey-level Drywallers to start as soon as Monday, December 4th
Simply submit your resume with your best contact information and someone will be in touch with you shortly!
With over 40 years of combined service in the industry, Arena's team includes certified staffing professionals from the industrial, construction, and agricultural sectors. Call today for a free consultation on your current workforce, and find out what path is best for your employees and your company. Arena's offers many hiring incentive programs that ease the pain of training costs and reduce the risk of turnover in the 1st 90 days. .
Drywall Installer / Hanger & Taper
We are seeking a Drywall Installer to join our team! We are growing rapidly and in need of honest and hardworking people who are not afraid to get their hands dirty. Ideal candidates are people who want to move up and grow within the company.
- Install Drywall
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Compensation is based on experience
Commercial Application Of Vinyl Wallcovering / Wallpaper Hanger
Vinyl wallcovering hanger / Wallpaper hanger - The preparation, application and removal of wall coatings and coverings such as vinyl wallcovering and wallpaper in a commercial environment. Preferably experienced in the industry . Competitive wages and benefits.
GED or High school diploma not required but may be considered.
Pre employment physical and drug screen possible.
Full-Time Hanger - Rock Hill
Places clothing from a pre-sorted bin of textiles on hangers to meet established quotas.
Hangs clothing on racks for transporting to the sales floor, keeping similar types of clothing grouped together and using the correct color rotation system.
Places correct color rotation system on hangers.
Counts pieces of clothing hung and complete daily report reflecting totals.
Places clothing on sales floor racks and pulls clothing from sales floor racks to make space as needed. Colorize and organize racks.
Hourly Wage: $10.00
No prior experience or training.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly (more than 2/3 of the day) required to stand.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!