Apply now "
Date: Aug 17, 2019
Location: Hamburg, NY, US, 14075
Company: REV Group, Inc.
Requisition ID: 2256
REV Group (NYSE: REVG) is a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of specialty vehicles and related aftermarket parts and services. REV serves a diversified customer base primarily in the United States through three segments: Fire & Emergency, Commercial and Recreation. REV provides customized vehicle solutions for applications including: essential needs (ambulances, fire apparatus, school buses, mobility vans and municipal transit buses), industrial and commercial (terminal trucks, cut-away buses and street sweepers) and consumer leisure (recreational vehicles ("RVs") and luxury buses). REV's brand portfolio consists of 30 well-established principal vehicle brands including many of the most recognizable names within our served markets. Several of REV's brands pioneered their specialty vehicle product categories and date back more than 50 years.
JOB TITLE: Material Finisher I
SCOPE: Perform duties to sand, grind, mount, or repair any unit preparation for welding, assembly operations or paint, to meet specifications as part of the manufacture of large, custom, special purpose vehicles, working within the limits of prescribed routines.
* Work from process sheet, shop orders, prints, schedule, pick-lists, and instructions.
* Review material and production requirements. Obtain and accumulate tools and materials, move to work area.
* Blow off and wipe down components or unit to remove grit, grease and other foreign surfaces. Check cab, body or component structure for obvious defects such as dents in panel sections, rough welds beads, fractures, undulations or wavy surfaces and similar conditions.
* May sand or grind pats or bevel edged in preparation for welding. May feather, flute, flat and level grind, remove server corners to overcome surface stress areas subject to fatigue fractures or perform other similar conditions. May remove sharp edges or burns, detect dents, holes and substrate defects, apply fillers, file or sand area to meet surface finish requirements. May apply primer over corrected areas of body and expose aluminum.
* May wire brush welds to remove smoke, grind and remove excess weld beads to smooth surface, remove residue from weld area, and apply compound and buff surface to meet cosmetic criteria and specifications. Recognize and call attention to weld defects such as fractures, voids, porosity and distortion. Check and recognize part surfaces requiring smooth surfaces, sand and apply polishing compound and buff as required. Change grades of abrasive or compounds to suit finishing requirements and to finish surfaces of parts to prepare for future processing or as a final process, clean and buff surfaces such as tread plate, and remove scratches on non-painted surfaces.
* May remove doors or other components and place on work stand or fixture, pull required hinges and backup nars and mount in place.
* May flat surface sand specified pieces and vary pressure of sander to obtain symmetrical pattern across surface to meet cosmetic requirements.
* Monitor the quality of work performed in assigned area of responsibility.
* Follow work standards
* Must be able to perform within physical requirements including, but not limited to 45 lb. single lift; walking, kneeling, squatting and standing for long periods of time.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Perform or assist with any operations, as required or directed, to maintain work flow or respond to production requirements.
* May be required to perform other duties not listed but needed by Supervisor in order to keep trucks on schedule.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED: Hand and powered tools, spraying equipment, forklift, fixtures, sanders, grinders, tape measures, squares, files.
1. SAFETY: Follow E-ONE General Health & Safety Rules, ensure safe operating conditions within area of responsibility, and notify coworkers and supervisors of hazardous acts and conditions. Proper use of PPE; use only defect-free equipment. Promote safety in department. Use proper lifting techniques and overhead hoist when needed. Maintain clean and safe working environment in line with 5-S Philosophy. Participate in hazardous communication training and safety meetings.
2. QUALITY: Responsible for the quality of work. This requires defect-free work and understanding of the requirements of the
company's quality system as it pertains to job duties and responsibilities. Must be able to check work to ensure conformance to process control instructions, specifications, and quality standards. Identify and segregate non-conforming product. Identify the need for and assist in initiating and implementing corrective and preventive actions when appropriate. Follow the 3 Don'ts: 1) Don't accept poor quality; 2) Don't make poor quality; 3) Don't pass poor quality.
3. FLEXIBILITY: Able and willing to work in other areas as needed. Must be flexible in taking lunch and breaks when workflow requires. Willing to work additional hours as necessary.
4. INITIATIVE: Actively participate in continuous improvement of products and processes to better serve customers and improve the overall profitability of E-ONE. Actively seek out work in other areas when current assignment is complete. Make suggestions for improving product quality, processes, safety, and company profitability. Submit these implemented improvements utilizing our Minor Kaizen process.
5. TEAMWORK: Positive working attitude toward other employees; be a team player. Work with others constructively and abide by company policies and procedures. Working together as a team for continuous improvement is vital to ensure the future of E- ONE and its employees. Teamwork will be required to be effective in daily production assignments as well as special improvement projects.
6. Lean: To daily utilize your skills and experience to eliminate waste and continually improve your process. Additionally, develop your knowledge of Lean through supporting your area in maintaining the highest levels of 5S; utilizing visual management tools that highlight problems and solve those problems for true root cause; participate and support kaizen events; and participating in the Lean Certification and Minor Kaizen programs.
7. CAREER DEVELOPMENT: Attend and participate in a variety of meetings, training programs, and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems, and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to changes to equipment or process, new developments, requirements, procedures, and policies.
8. LEADERSHIP: Lead the team, provide innovative thought leadership on strategies to grow market share, increase profitability,
and meet long-term business goals.
9. ACTION-ORIENTED: Enjoy working hard; is action-oriented and energetic; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seize more opportunities than others.
10. CONFLICT MANAGEMENT: Step up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; read situations quickly; good at focused listening; can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; can find common ground and get cooperation.
11. DEALING WITH AMBIGUITY: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
12. DRIVE FOR RESULTS: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
Must be able to operate basic fabrication equipment such as Mills, brake press and saw. Use measuring equipment to hold specific tolerances. Must be able to read blueprint information for layout work to complete tasks on specific machines.
This job will include but not limited to bending, twisting, lifting, pulling and pushing variable types of raw material in both vertical and horizontal positions to load and unload machines.
Lift/Push/Pull- Exerting up to 40 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Climbing- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
Stooping- Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
Kneeling- Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
Crouching/Crawling/Reaching - Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine. Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
Standing- Particularly for sustained periods of time.
Walking- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operating machines such as lathes, drill presses, power saws and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm's reach; performing mechanical tasks of a non-repetitive nature such as carpenters, technicians, service people, plumbers, painters, mechanics, etc. The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
Must be physically capable of participating in companywide stretches at 7:00AM and 11:15 daily.
E-ONE is a worldwide designer, manufacturer, and marketer of fire rescue vehicles with more than 23,000 vehicles in operation around the world. Headquartered in Ocala, Florida, E-ONE is the industry leader in product innovation, bringing new technologies to the market that exceed our customer's expectations.
POST JOBS FOR FREE