Metal Sprayer Machined Parts Job Description Sample
Sr. Quality Control Inspector - Precision Sheet Metal & Machined Parts
Quality Fabrication Inc. is a mid-sized fast paced "Precision Sheet Metal Fabrication and Machining" company located in Chatsworth, CA - 91311. An AS-9100 certified company.
We are seeking a detail-oriented and skilled Quality Inspector. As a Quality Inspector with Quality Fabrication, you will perform inspection on Complex Sheet Metal and Machined parts.
As a Quality Inspector with Quality Fabrication, you must have
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience with inspection of Complex Sheet Metal and Machined Parts.
- Degree or Diploma from a recognized technical institute
- Some experience communicating with customers and vendors for rejected items.
- Must be detail oriented with ability to notice minute details
- Must be comfortable working in fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Some knowledge of CMM plus.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) a plus.
Tasks of the Quality Inspector include (not limited to):
- Preparing First Article reports
- Calibration of test equipment using established procedures.
- Inspect complex parts using various mechanical inspection tools.
- Corrective Action reports for rejected parts from customers and vendors.
- Work with customer and vendors to understand the rejections and formulate a good corrective action.
Regular Shift timings are 7:00 AM - 03:30 PM
As a Quality Inspector with Quality Fabrication, you will collaborate with supervisors of various department as needed to achieve desired quality of production and output.
At Quality Fabrication, we offer compensation based on experience and a benefits package that includes Medical and PTO Plans.
Established in 1980, Quality Fabrication, Inc. has been a manufacturer of custom precision sheet metal fabrication and machining parts serving California and the surrounding area. We are housed in a 50,000 square foot facility and use state of the art technology and equipment in the manufacture of quality products. We serve a variety of industries and the products we manufacture range from panels and machined parts to large tube frames. We also offer a wide variety of value-added services and engineering design assistance for cost efficiency. Our mission is to maintain a commitment to excellence in quality and customer requirements through continuous improvement of processes and training while maintaining an efficient working relationship with suppliers.
For more information about who we are and what we do, please visit our website www.quality-fab.com . Please include salary requirements with your application and resume.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Q.C. Inspector For Precision Machined Parts
Immediate opening for a Q.C. Inspector who has experience with inspection methods for machined parts. We manufacture parts for the medical, aerospace, and fiber optic industries. Isimac is ISO9001,13485 AS9100 certified We are a 51 year old company that has a climate controlled 40,000 sq foot facility. We offer a full benefit package with a structured bonus system. 1 week vacation after 90 days of employment. Please visit our website at www.isimac.com
The Inspector is responsible for the inspection of machined parts by using both optical and mechanical inspection methods. They must be able to inspect parts both optically and mechanically in an efficient manner with verbal instruction and training. They must be able to detect nonconforming parts through blueprint interpretation. The Class II inspectors should be able to work independently and have a strong understanding of most functions of the quality control process. The class II inspector should have the knowledge to run all the optical measuring equipment and manual CMMs programs. The Class II Inspector should be able to generate simple to midrange Optical Equipment and Manual CMMs programs.
Estimator, Aerospace Machined Parts
Fast paced Aerospace Machine Shop is seeking an experienced Machined Parts Estimator. Must have a minimum of 5 years Estimator Experience. Must be able to read and understand Aerospace blueprint drawing requirements and electronic models (MBD, IGS, ETC)
Duties/Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review RFQ's from various Customers and determine material size, material type, processing requirements and job complexity.
- Communicate with customers to ensure requirements are being met, request clarification if needed.
- Input quote information into MRP system (JobBoss)
- Collect all outside costs (material, hardware, outside processing) and inside costs (manufacturing time, assembly times, any specialty tooling needed over and above normal perishable tools)
- Create quote strategies and prepare quote packages for review with upper Management
- Meet strict limited deadlines for each quote.
- Submit complete and accurate quotes to Customer requirements.
- Follow up to ensure quote was received and request feedback as to competitiveness of quote.
- 5 years Aerospace Estimator/Planner Experience
- High School Graduate or Equivalent, 4 Year degree preferred
- Detail oriented, organizational skills
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Paid Time Off/Vacation system, Aflac
Sales/Business Development Engineer - Precision Machined Parts
General Purpose of the Position:
- A Sales Engineer’s purpose is to effectively develop and execute sales of factory machine parts, test equipment solutions and automation solutions; products and services in assigned accounts.
- The Sales Engineer is involved from the concept and detail of the design through to implementation, testing and handover.
- The Sales Engineer is responsible for analyzing the customer’s needs with respect to our product offerings and propose solutions to the customer to help them achieve their objectives.
- The Sales Engineer is responsible for maintaining relationships with assigned accounts and developing new accounts
Essential Duties and
- Sales of business solutions based on machine parts, test equipment, automation hardware products and services within an assigned geographic territory.
- Effectively conduct customer presentations to all levels of the customer’s organization.
- Identify and cultivate strategic relationships at all levels of the customer’s organization.
- Liaising with others in the engineering team, clients, and contractors.
- New customer development by following up on leads and prospecting.
- Follow up quotations, commercial negotiations and persuade/convince customer to place the order with us.
- Self-management and multi-tasking skills.
- Technical knowledge about test and automation produsts/solutions.
- Experience selling “High End Machine Parts” for the Aviation, Medical Device, Automotive or Transportation industries.
- Presentation, verbal and written communications skills.
- Willingness to travel 20-30% of the time
Education and Experience Required:
- BSME, BSEE or equivalent work experience.
- Experience selling Machine Parts, Test Systems, Automation Solutions that increase customer profitability.
Estimator II - Machined Parts
Shields Manufacturing is an industry leader in CNC machining and mechanical/optical assembly. We have adopted core values based on Teamwork, with emphasis on Commitment, Respect and Appreciation, Equality, Accountability, Integrity and Trust. We offer a highly competitive total compensation package including generous monthly Profit Share, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance, 401(k) with company match, and paid time off programs. Shields is experiencing rapid growth and has an immediate need for an experienced Estimator to estimate labor and material costs of manufacturing machined parts and/or assemblies based on request for quote (RFQ) data submitted by customers. Manage projects from quotation through shipment including routings, BOMs and act as the technical interface to Customer Service. Responsiblities and Expectations:
Clearly and accurately define labor hours, material costs and outside service costs for detailed parts, assemblies, and tooling.
Interpret data, drawings and model based electronic data.
Create detailed quotes and proposals using the company database (E2 Shoptech), defining all aspects of the work including price, exceptions & clarification, FOB Point, etc.
Create Bills of Material and routings.
Interface with manufacturing shop, various manufacturing support personnel and suppliers.
Coordinate with purchasing for requests for quotations from outside suppliers for parts, materials, hardware, standards, and surface processes.
Maximize profitability via value engineering suggestions to customers and understanding market opportunities.
Evaluate and analyze project quotes upon completion to identify areas for improvement.
- Maintain job related documentation including written and verbal communications. Skills and
Technical degree or equivalent relevant work experience.
Minimum of 5 years of relevant estimating experience with a strong understanding of machined parts/metalworking processes.
Proficiency reading and interpreting technical drawings.
Understanding of GD&T.
Functional knowledge of the production process.
Outstanding analytical, verbal, and written communication skills along with the ability to interact with people at all levels of the organization both inside and outside the company
Detail orientated, with exceptional organizational skills
Proficient with ERP/MRP (E2 experience is a plus)
Aerospace Machined Parts CMM Programmer/Operator
Inspectors needed for Aerospace Manufacturing facility
Serious inquiries only - must be able to pass competency exam
• At least 2 years programming/operating CMM (for CMM position)
• Extensive knowledge of common inspection measuring equipment including, surface plates, micrometers, height gages, radius gages, bore gauges, and dial indicators. Good manual dexterity and adept in the use of precision measuring tools
• Highly proficient in blueprint reading
• Ability to read & interpret engineering drawings, standards, and specifications
• Strong shop related math, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
• At least 2 years machined parts/surface plate inspection required
• Fundamental understanding of a quality system, documentation, and implementation to ISO Standards /AS9100
• Detail oriented, organized and highly motivated
• Perform first article, final, and in-process inspections of manufactured parts per drawing requirements
• First part inspection
• Verify all prior operations are complete and signed off on the job traveler before acceptance
• Verify parts meet all engineering requirements
• Prepare Quality documents where necessary
• Assist with the Quality Calibration System
• Assist with NCR and RMA
• Participate in problem solving with QA, QC and Machine Shop personnel
1st Shift: 7:00am to 3:30pm Monday – Friday
2nd Shift 3:30pm to 12:00am Monday - Friday
Estimator/Planner, Machined Parts
Delta Hi-Tech, a Los Angeles based machine shop/contract manufacturer, has an immediate need for an experienced individual to estimate, plan and manage job shop machining work for Aerospace, Medical and Commercial components and assemblies.
Established in 1984, Delta Hi-Tech has been the leader in quality, precision manufactured components and assemblies for over three decades. Our Chatsworth, CA based facility offers the best in CNC machining, with 3 to 5 Axis Milling and 7 to 12 Axis Turn-Milling. We are ISO 9001:2008, AS9100:2009 and ISO 13485:2003 certified. With over 200 employees, Delta provides a great work environment with a team atmosphere.
More information on the company is available at www.deltahi-tech.com.
Job duties include:
Develop work instructions & procedures in support of manufacturing processes
Interfacing with customers
Qualified candidates should have:
Minimum of 7 years work experience in Aerospace Job Shop estimating & production planning of machined parts & assemblies for Aerospace is A MUST!
Salary based on experience. Company benefits offered.
QC Of Small Machined Parts
Inspection of small machined parts. Preparing parts for shipment to customer. This position requires sitting for entire shift. This is a Monday through Friday position from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The pay is $10.00 an hour and requires someone with attention to detail to review the quality of each part and then prepare batches of those parts for shipping. Other duties may include sweeping and housekeeping duties to maintain a safe and neat work area.
Inspection Specialist - Machined Parts
AJA International, Inc. (est. 1989), one of the world leaders in thin film research and development equipment is searching for an energetic, knowledgeable, personable, individual to fill the position of Inventory Inspection.
The AJA International, Inc. Inventory Inspection position reports to the Purchasing Manager and is defined as follows:
Ability to read and comprehend blue prints
Proficient using measuring tools for machined parts
Maintain inventory control
Correspond with various departments to prioritize schedule
Attention to detail is a MUST for this position
Proficient at Microsoft Excel and Access.
3 years of experience inspecting and measuring machined parts
The Inventory Inspection role is a full-time position: Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:15pm. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. In order to ensure full consideration, a resume and cover letter should be sent to Jim Hannon (applying through indeed will forward this to the appropriate Hotmail address).
Machined Parts Planner Trainee
This occupation covers the assignment to, and the performance of, varied machined parts planning work, assisting and working under the guidance of experienced planning personnel, in order to provide employees possessing pre-requisite knowledge and training, an opportunity to demonstrate aptitude and ability to independently perform machined parts planning work, and to acquire the technical knowledge and practical skills such as familiarity with planning functions, methods, procedures, nomenclature, references and standards required of a qualified Planner – Machined Parts. In order to satisfy pre-requisites, employee must demonstrate: o Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications, and other applicable references. o Ability to use shop math through trigonometry. o Knowledge of aircraft tooling and manufacturing methods and processes and processes pertaining to machined parts and assemblies. o Ability to operate a computer workstation and related state-of-the-art office equipment. o Complete knowledge of machine shop theory and practice.
NOTE: An employee shall not be held in this classification for a period longer than one year provided, however, that the Company shall have the right to upgrade prior to the expiration of one year if, in its opinion, the employee is qualified for such upgrading. Standing: Requires full time standing with limited resting periods and to walk distances. Sit for extended periods if required.
Heights: Able to work at heights. Able to climb stairs or ladders as required. Able to work off of step stools, lift platforms and aircraft structure without handrails.
Overhead work: Able to work overhead as required. Weight restriction:
Able to Lift/push/pull/carry a maximum of 25 lbs. Body positioning: Able to twist/bend (neck or waist) and stoop.
Able to work in awkward positions as required. Able to squat/kneel/crawl/reach as required. Work content:
Repetitive tasks will be performed. Able to use computer keyboard, mouse and monitor for extended periods of time. Vision/Hearing:
High level Hand/Eye coordination required. Corrective lenses may be used. Eye protection required in many instances.
Color differentiation may be required. Must be able to hear at level required for positions. Environmental: Able to work around noise, chemicals, fumes and dust.
Capable of using personal protective equipment including hearing protection if required. Able to work outside if needed. Attendance: Regular attendance required based on set work schedule.
Able to work any shift. Vehicles/Power moving equipment: Able to work around heavy equipment or machinery.
The physical demands described above do not contain a comprehensive listing of all physical requirements for all positions. The physical demands of each position will vary based on business needs so the physical demands described above are subject to change and employees therefore will also be expected to perform all physical requirements necessary for their positions. This job description may be changed to include new or different physical demands or change existing ones as management deems necessary.
Basic Qualifications • Experience or training in interpreting engineering drawings and specifications. • Experience with aircraft tooling. • Experience with manufacturing methods and processes. • Experience operating computer workstation. • Experience or training in shop math. • Experience with machine shop theory and practice. • This position requires an active Interim Secret or Final Secret security clearance. Desired skills As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
*Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Job Location(s): Palmdale California
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!