Automatic Bagging Machine Operator
Craft Your Career with Brasscraft Manufacturing Company!
Masco Corporation (NYSE: MAS), with sales revenue over $7 Billion, is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of branded home improvement and building products. Our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Behr® paint; BrassCraft®, Delta® and Hansgrohe® faucets, bath and shower fixtures; KraftMaid® and Merillat® cabinets; Milgard® windows and doors; and HotSpring® spas. We leverage our powerful brands across product categories, sales channels and geographies to create value for our customers and shareholders. For more information about Masco Corporation, visit masco.com.
Brasscraft Manufacturing Company is a leading manufacturer and distributor of high-quality water and gas flow control products, plumbing service and repair parts, and drain cleaning and plumbing hand tools for the new construction and repair/remodel markets. Headquartered in Novi, Michigan, Brasscraft supports a wide array of channel partners including wholesalers, retailers and specialty dealers, who serve residential and commercial markets across the Americas. Brasscraft has set the plumbing standard for 70 years, with industry leading brands including BrassCraft®, Plumbshop®, and Cobra®.
The Automatic Bagging Machine Operator will utilize their skill set to perform production tasks to assemble specific products using Quality as the most important performance aspect. The operator must demonstrate proficiency in all assembly and machine operations, effectively perform changeovers, perform minor adjustment as necessary, efficiently use the automatic bagging machine, as well as recognize components by sight and part number.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Review the schedules and BOM's.
* Load BOM information into the labeling and bagging computers.
* Accurately complete process window.
* Complete and perform tasks on the 5S activities.
* Identify and manage NON-Conforming hoses.
All operators must demonstrate improvement and knowledge in the following areas before achieving the next progressive step in advancement:
Duties and Responsibilities
(primary & back-up operators)
* Perform all duties assigned by line lead and supervisor.
* Start and stop machine properly.
* Utilize the paging system to call for required assistance.
* Demonstrate proficiency in all operations, including component identification by sight and effectively reading Bill of Materials (BOM).
* Perform formatting, set-up, and printing of labels using the Zebra printer.
* Understand and maintain accurate process windows.
* Start, reset, and shutdown machine.
* Perform all changeovers.
* Ensure "Quality" is built into each part produced.
* Demonstrate proficiency in the functions of the control panel and make minor adjustments when required.
(primary operator only)
* Perform as Primary Operator for at least one year.
* Train "New" operators on the entire process.
* Efficiently utilize the automatic bagging machine with no assistance.
* Ensure "Quality" is built into each part produced.
* Demonstrate proficiency in all operations in the above stated functions.
* Maintain self-discipline in a high paced environment.
Competencies and Skills:
* Some knowledge of ISO9001.
* Understand how to use the labeling and flagging computers.
* Understand Quality requirements for items being produced.
* Understand the paperwork procedure for process windows.
* Understand the Brasscraft 5S system (sort, straighten, sweep, standardize, sustain).
* Demonstrate the capability to identify and manage NON-conforming parts/assemblies.
* High attention to detail.
* Good communication skills.
* Good time management skills.
* Understand and comply with company safety standards and federal regulations.
* Must be a team player across departments.
* Consistently maintain a clean work area.
* All operators must demonstrate improvement and knowledge in the listed above areas prior to achieving the next progressive step in advancement.
* Must be able to lift 10 – 20 lbs. frequently.
* Must be able to lift 20 – 40 lbs. occasionally.
* Must be able to easily grasp products and other materials.
* Climate-controlled, noisy environment.
* Authorized access areas.
Shift 2 (United States of America)
Full or Part Time
Brasscraft (the "Company") is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company's policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
Brasscraft is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English & Spanish
E-verify Right to Work Poster: English, Spanish
No visa sponsorship is available for this position, unless specified within the job description.
POST JOBS FOR FREE