Meter Reader Job Description Sample
Position: Part-Time Meter Reader Location:
Nashua, NH Conway Office Solutions, a XEROX company, has been a leader in providing document workflow and related office technology to companies throughout New England for more than 40 years. Our partnership with XEROX combines our strength and experience in local markets with the support of a multi-national organization and world leader in document workflow solutions. The Position:
Due to continual growth, we have need for a Part Time Meter Reader to work out of our Nashua, NH location. You will be responsible for calling, emailing, faxing, etc. customers in order to obtain meter readings. Meter Readings are the number of prints or copies a compnay has made on thier office equipment such as copiers and printers.
The selected individual will need to be customer service oriented as they will be interacting with customers on a daily basis. This is a part-time position (between 25 and 29 hours per week) and the hours are somewhat flexible. Duties: Monitor missing meter reports and obtain missing meters Send manual meter requirements Obtain meter reading via calling, reviewing websites, and fax machine Monitor reports for errors and work with other departments to automate customers' meter collection Company Perks:
Competitive Pay We understand that a steady income is vital in today's economy Career advancement Developing our employees is a top priority at Northeast. Fun Factors: Positive company culture and work environment We pride ourselves on maintaining a truly collegial atmosphere Outstanding work environment Community Outreach What we need from you:
High School Diploma or equivalent Neat appearance and good people skills Team player Enthusiasm and energy All applicants must be authorized to work in the US, submit to a background & motor vehicle check, and pass a drug screen. Conway is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Bermex has immediate openings for motivated individuals to read utility meters in the Gwinnett County area. The job involves reading and recording utility meters on an established routes. You must be able to work unsupervised in an outside environment, which involves walking long distances in all weather conditions.
The essential job functions for Meter Readers:
* Starting wage is $12.00 per hour.
* Must be in good physical condition and able to life 20 lbs. on a frequent basis.
* Work hours are Monday thru Friday
* Benefits include: health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, vacation, holidays and 40lK
* Footwear and uniforms provided.
* Physical and environmental characteristics include climbing, stooping, reaching, standing and walking. Environmental conditions - the worker is subjected to walking in an outside environment, dealing with conditions such as rain, extreme heat and/or cold.
You must possess a valid driver's license that is clear of driving infractions. A background and drug test will be conducted
ACRT Inc. benefits are listed below:
-Group Life Insurance
-Optional Life Insurance
-Short & Long Term Disability
-Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
-Boot Allowance Program
-ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Program)
-Employee Referral Program
Meter Reader II - 6226
To accurately read meters either manually and/or reading meters with the automated meter reading process.
- 1-Reads meters and records readings on a timely basis; either manually (walking) or reading with a Mobile Interrogation Unit (MIU).
- 2-Reads specials (MS/MZ, IZ).
- 3-Routes daily meter reading.
- 4-Inspects and installs transponders.
- 5-Reports unusual conditions encountered.
- 6-Conducts special meter readings.
- 7-Assists Business Office Representatives regarding customer inquiries.
- 8-Reports any noticeable gas leaks. (potential emergency response)
- 9-Inspects meters for DOT
- 10-Performs other duties as assigned.
- 1-May require sitting for long periods of time while driving.
- 2-Requires working in extreme cold or hot temperatures on uneven or slippery surfaces.
- 3-May require working overtime, weekends, different shifts (evening/midnight) and/or holidays.
- 4-Requires frequent bending, squatting, climbing and twisting.
- 5-Will be exposed to unfriendly dogs.
- 1-Basic understanding of AMR process.
- 2-Basic knowledge of personal computer.
- 3-Skill in using hand tools including screwdriver, hacksaw and awl.
- 4-Ability to walk 3 - 7 miles per day.
- 5-Ability to read and record figures accurately.
- 6-Ability to communicate effectively in order to handle customer situations and concerns.
- 7-Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- 8-Ability to do basic math to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- 9-Ability to hear to respond to internal and external inquiries.
- 10-Ability to understand and complete written and oral instructions.
- 11-Ability to see objects at close range.
- 12-Ability to see in the distance and to determine the distance and relationship between objects.
- 13-Ability to work independently.
- 14-Ability to be courteous to co-workers and customers, follow directions from supervisors and refrain from using abusive or profane language and behavior in the workplace.
- 15-Ability to contribute to a positive work environment.
- 1-Undergo random drug and/or alcohol testing with satisfactory results subject to DOT and company requirements depending on specific job duties.
- 2-May require walking 3 - 7 miles per day.
- 3-Possession of a valid driver's license and reliable vehicle.
- 4-Must have an acceptable driving record.
- 5-Must adhere to all policies established by Company, including our Corporation Business Ethics and Compliance Policy. Must also adhere to all applicable industry rules and regulations such as FERC compliance.
- 6-Requires wearing Company provided uniform.
- 7-Will be required to hold a clipboard and record reads on meter sheets.
- 8-Regular attendance is required.
Piece work pay rates: Manual Reads Problem Meters: $1.00/per Inspections: $0.30/per
The Meter Readers now average between $19 and $20+ per hour. This fluctuates depending on how many reads you do. The average number of manual reads is 75 and the daily average for inspections is 250.
Location = Ogden, UT
Rate = $9.50/hr on a W2 contract (plus incentives - See above)
Length = 1+ Year W2 Contract (on-going for the right candidate)
Installer Helper, Technician, Meter Reader
Location: Sikeston, MO, 63801
Required Skills and Job Summary
- Applicant will be trained and expected to follow all SAFETY policies and procedures without exception
- Need to have a positive attitude, strong work ethic, reliable and willing to be trained
- Work will be performed in all types of outside weather conditions
- Some projects will require inside work to be performed at customer’s premise
- Must have excellent customer service and professional verbal/written communication skills
- Responsible for meeting daily production goals as established and communicated by your manager
- Ability to work in a confined space when needed
- Must pass post training our meter reading meter exam with a score of 95% or higher
- Background, Requirements & Education
- Prior Electrical, Gas or Plumbing experience required.
- Able to use personal vehicle during work hours for the first 2 to 3 months, with mileage reimbursement, until company vans are delivered to job sites.
- Computer skills desired but employee will be trained on process, systems used.
- Willingness to learn, be trained and coached even if you have industry and specific work experience
- Must be able to follow detailed written and verbal instructions
- Ability to proactively seek clarification and resolutions when needed
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Professionalism, safety minded and positive attitude are paramount
- Must have the following: valid Driver’s License, Proof of Liability Drivers Insurance, able to satisfactorily pass background and pre-employment drug screening.
We are a leading Global Workforce Solutions Company with multiple local offices across the United States and presence in territories and countries like Canada, UK, Mexico, Malaysia, India, Singapore, Australia and Dubai.
We specialise in providing services like Contingent Staffing, Direct Hires, RPO, Payroll Services, SoW and Project Staffing.
Been in business since 2007.
We have our expertise in IT/Engineering/Clinical/Financial/Admin/Professional resources.
We have been serving clients in space like Life Sciences, Banking, Telecom, Hi-tech, Healthcare, Retail, Real Estate and Media.
We have achieved more than 100% growth in last 2 years.
We have close to 750+ contractors onsite and state of art offshore delivery center in India with 200+ employees.
Got Gold Supplier of the Year Award for 2016 from Agile1 (for category below $100 MN).
Best place to work in New Jersey 2015 by NJBIZ.
5 times honoree of INC 500/5000 list 2007-2016.
ISO 9001:2008 quality certified organisation
Meter Reader 2
Duration: 1 year contract position
On-Board Services, a Family-Owned U.S. Based Professional Staffing and Search Firm, is assisting one of the nation’s largest producers and transporters of energy with a search for a Meter Reader.
The On-Board Family of Companies conducts operations through its Corporate Headquarters located in East Windsor, New Jersey along with Regional Offices in New Castle, Delaware, and Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Basic understanding of AMR process.
- Basic knowledge of personal computer.
- Skill in using hand tools including screwdriver, hacksaw and awl.
- Ability to walk 3 - 7 miles per day.
- Ability to read and record figures accurately.
- Ability to communicate effectively in order to handle customer situations and concerns.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to do basic math to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to hear to respond to internal and external inquiries.
- Ability to understand and complete written and oral instructions.
- Ability to see objects at close range.
- Ability to see in the distance and to determine the distance and relationship between objects.
- Ability to work independently.
- May require walking 3 - 7 miles per day.
- Possession of a valid driver's license for the size and type of vehicle that will be driven on the job.
- Reads meters and records readings on a timely basis; either manually (walking) or reading with a Mobile Interrogation Unit (MIU).
- Reads specials (MS/MZ, IZ).
- Routes daily meter reading.
- Inspects and installs transponders.
- Reports unusual conditions encountered.
- Conducts special meter readings.
- Assists Business Office Representatives regarding customer inquiries.
- Reports any noticeable gas leaks. (potential emergency response)
- Inspects meters for DOT 10-Performs other duties as assigned.
This is a safety-sensitive position subject to random drug testing.
To Apply for consideration please apply through this job board or send your resume to Regina Jarrell at Regina.Jarrell@onboardusa.com and reference job 6228 in the Subject Line. If you meet the requirements above then I will likely contact you to assist you in becoming a candidate.
You cannot be begin a job with our client without successfully passing their standard pre-employment drug screen and background checks
On-Board Services provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
If this position is not quite for you, please still email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and your resume will be captured by our recruiting team and you will be contacted for future similar openings with our clients that might be a better fit for you. We look forward to helping you in your professional career!
One of the unique aspects of On-Board is our ability to customize solutions with each of the complimentary business verticals to satisfy our partners goals including Total Solutions.
Water Meter Reader
PART-TIME WATER UTILITY METER READER NEEDED
Need to earn some extra cash? We are looking for a part-time meter reader to travel around the Columbus and suburban areas to read meters approximately 15-20 hours per month. You will need a valid driver’s license and transportation. This is an excellent opportunity to earn some extra cash without a huge time commitment.
Please respond by e-mail, send resume or apply in person to:
Waterwatch, 283 S. State Street, Suite 201, Westerville, Ohio 43081.
Olameter Corporation is a large utility service provider throughout many states in the US and provinces in Canada. Olameter Corporation has been in the utility business for over 30 years and looks forward to continuous growth in the years to come.
Olameter Corporation is currently seeking meter readers for local utilities. Applicant must have a valid driver’s license, and be able to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions. Applicant must be able to walk 10-12 miles per day while reading meters accurately. Must be able to pass a criminal background check, drug screen, and have a good driving record. We offer paid training, holidays and vacations.
Key Performance Objectives:
- Record the readings of various metering devices indoors or outdoors
- Inspect and report defective meters
- Able to work around animals and insects
- Good communication skills
- Controls and safeguards keys assigned to them for use on customer or consumer property
- Respect customer property and abide by the company’s Code of Conduct
- Records daily mileage
- Detect and report suspected tampering with metering equipment
- Enter commercial buildings or residences to obtain a meter reading
Temporary Meter Reader - Mansfield, OH
Temporary Meter Reader - Mansfield, OH Location: Mansfield, OH, US, 44905 Job Function:
Meter Reading Employee Type: Temporary Full Time Requisition ID: 8421
FirstEnergy at a Glance FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation’s largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a diverse generating fleet with a total capacity of nearly 17,000 megawatts.
About the Opportunity This is an open position with Ohio Edison, a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [OEPP] Hourly Rate: Starting Rate: $22.015; Top Rate: $29.055 SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES: 1.
Walks to meter location; checks meter number to number on hand-held unit display. 2. Reads dials of electric watt-hour meters, demand indicators, and other meters. 3. Examines meters for: broken seals, broken glass, and loose meter parts, unsafe conditions such as bare cable, unauthorized use, stopped meters and any other abnormal conditions. 4.
Answers customer's meter reading inquiries by application of Company policies and procedures. 5. Reports defective Company equipment, dogs, hazardous conditions, or incidents which may impair service or create safety concerns. 6. Attends safety meetings and instructional sessions as required so that work is successfully performed without accidents or injuries. 7.
Familiarizes himself/herself with the First Energy Accident Prevention Handbook and follows all policies and guidelines set forth. 8. Drives personal vehicle when required. 9. Works effectively and cooperates with other individuals, departments, and organizations. 10.
Completes assigned meter reading routes within the allotted time period, and within departmental accuracy standards. 11. Performs other work as assigned. 12. Wears Company approved uniform.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. 2. Must pass the EEI Meter Reader test. 3.
Must have the skill to read and comprehend policies, procedures, visual displays on terminals and other information. 4. Must have a valid State of Ohio driver's license. 5. As a condition of employment, Meter Readers are required to provide a personal motor vehicle to perform their daily job duties. 6.
Physical condition sufficient to: a) Walk at a reasonable pace for extended periods of time and distance in all weather conditions over a variety of terrain. b) Climb stairs, hills, stepladders, and over obstructions. c) Stoop, stretch, kneel, sit, and learn to read meters in cramped and unusual locations and to enter and exit a vehicle repeatedly. 7. Ability to complete reports accurately and on schedule. 8. Must have communication and human relation skills to handle customer inquiries in accordance with the Company's Service Standards. 9.
Must be available to work scheduled hours, which may be nonstandard business hours, and available for emergency call-in as needed, as determined by supervision. 10. Willingness and ability to acquire additional skills and knowledge to meet performance requirements as required. 11. Previous outdoor work experience preferred.
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment.
We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public.
Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
Position Classification Bargaining Unit
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team
Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market:
Job Segment: Meter Reader, Temporary, Utility, Energy, Contract
Meter Reader I - General Services
Minimum Training & Experience Graduation from high school or vocational school with some related experience. The equivalent combination of education and related work experience may be considered. A valid driver’s license is required.
NOTE: This is a 40-hour temporary position.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities * Ability to perform routine arithmetical calculations accurately and quickly.
Ability to write legibly.
Ability to read and enter data quickly and accurately.
Ability to walk for long periods of time and to work outside under varying weather conditions.
Ability to maintain positive customer-focused relationships with co-workers, supervisors, agencies, the general public, and all other internal and external customers. Personally demonstrates appropriate customer service skills.
Specific Duties * Reads water and electric meters and records the data in a hand-held device.
Corrects and maintains proper order of meters in the hand-held device.
Performs any necessary re-reads or meter checks to insure accurate customer billing.
Works service orders that will confirm or refute unlawful consumption of utilities.
Inspects meters and uses hand-held device to enter codes for leaks or repairs which require attention; cleans and makes minor field repairs on water meters and boxes; replaces broken water meter box covers.
Performs all other duties as may be assigned to meet organizational needs. Position: METER READER I - GENERAL SERVICES
Salary:* $13.82 Per Hour
Position Type:* Full Time
Close Date:* Until Filled
salary:$11 per hour
date posted:Wednesday, February 14, 2018
job type:Temp to Perm
Working knowledge of Client rules and regulations as they pertain to water and current diversion, water and electric consumption, using current without a contract, and all other customer related policies and procedures.
Basic working knowledge of the methods of electric and water distribution and construction and operations of various metering devices
Knowledge of basic mathematics.
- Knowledge of general maintenance of vehicles.
Accuracy, mental alertness and motor coordination required.
Will be required to operate and maintain a Client vehicle Abilities:
Accurately read meters, transfer numbers accurately, and writes legibly.
Enter sensitive meter billing data obtained into hand-held field computer.
Identify and detect irregularities, broken seals, upside down electric meters, etc.
Communicate with the public tactfully and courteously.
Follow oral and written instructions.
Work without direct supervision.
Ability to use city maps and street guides.
Add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, fractions and decimals, including calculation of percentages.
Handle and maneuver 30lb. metal water meter covers to determine consumption usage.
Walk distances up to 10 miles per day
Work outside in the elements for eight (8) hours a day.
Physical requirements include repetitive bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, and kneeling and lifting.
Ability to hear sounds signaling any potential hazards Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!