Mill Operator Job Description Sample
Feed Mill Operator
11916BRPosting Title:Feed Mill OperatorJob Posting:CHS Animal Nutrition has an opportunity for a Feed Mill Operator. You will work extensively with Country Operations Cooperative Customers in ensuring they are provided the highest level of service. You must be customer focused, be hard working, and have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. This position has the opportunity for growth. You will:
Operate the all feed manufacturing equipment safely and efficiently
Adhere to CHS’ quality assurance program regarding ingredient receiving, load-out, and bagging.
Perform necessary sequencing, recording, and documenting of all feed manufactured during shift
Maintain accurate production and FDA records, entering data into Excel spreadsheet.
Mix and prepare livestock feeds efficiently and in a manner that assures accuracy and high quality.
Assist management with production scheduling, inventory planning & control for both ingredients and finished products.
Determine proper routing and distribution for manufactured feeds to appropriate holding bins.
Assist with equipment maintenance and repair as needed.
Load and unload trucks in a safe and efficient manner.
Provide excellent customer service and assist customers when needed.
Observe and enforce all company policies & procedures, adhere to all safety & FDA requirements.
Effectively communicate with managers, co-workers, and customers
- Perform general work around the facility and other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or GED + 1 plus years of manufacturing experience
Ability to lift 50lbs, bend, turn, twist, climb ladders, stairs and bins
Ability to operate a forklift
Ability to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and temperatures
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen
Feed Mill experience Auto req ID:11916BR :CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth. CHS is a diversified Fortune 100 company providing essential grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers. CHS is a cooperative system owned by farmers, ranchers and their local cooperatives from the Great Lakes to the Pacific Northwest and from Canada to Texas. CHS is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, Disability, Gender Identity, Sexual Orientation employer. The CHS Talent Acquisition Team supports recruitment for positions within CHS as well as finding opportunities for candidates within our robust network of member cooperatives. By submitting an application for any position, you give CHS permission to review your application and contact you to discuss opportunities within our member cooperatives. To explore current openings within our member cooperatives, please click here.Minimum Years of Experience Required:1City:edgeleyDivision:FD - Ag Business Nutrition State/Province:North Dakota Minimum Education Required:GED / High School Diploma Employment Status:ACTIVE FULL TIME Career Type:Feed, Laborer / Production, Maintenance, Manufacturing / Operations
Mill Operator CNC
Company Description: Crown Equipment Corporation is a leading innovator in world-class forklift and material handling equipment and technology. As one of the world’s largest lift truck manufacturers, we are committed to providing the customer with the safest, most efficient and ergonomic lift truck possible to lower their total cost of ownership.
Set up, adjust, and operate CNC horizontal and vertical mills to machine parts to print specifications.
Deburr parts as needed.
Operate multiple machines at a time as necessary.
Inspect parts per print specifications.
Change tooling as required.
Clean machine and work area (includes metal shavings) as required.
Perform basic preventive maintenance on the machines.
Train and assist other operators.
- Perform other related duties as assigned. #
Frequent lifting and carrying
Must be able to safely work in areas of lift truck traffic
Basic math, knowledge of CNC programming, reason, and analyze.
Verniers, micrometer, wrenches, deburring tools, miscellaneous gages, drill press, hoist, metal chip conveyor, ear plugs, safety shoes, and safety glasses.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Compensation and Benefits:
Crown offers an excellent wage and benefits package for full-time employees including Health/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Plan, Flexible Benefits Plan, 401K Retirement Savings Plan, Life and Disability Benefits, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more. EO/AA Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
CNC Mill Operator
CNC Machinist Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up machinery to successfully conduct the run as specified
- Examine and inspect the first article produced to ensure quality
- Monitor the run throughout the cycle, checking that specifications are met
- Perform all preventative machine maintenance and use equipment properly
- Report any safety or maintenance concerns to management immediately
- Keep all work areas clean and organized
- Strive to meet quotas without compromising quality
- Hold self to a high standard of quality, taking pride in your work
- Attend all safety and production trainings
- Be available for overtime during high volume seasons
CNC Machinist Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a CNC Mill Operator
- Significant hands-on experience working on a production floor
- Able to successfully set up and run production
- Solid necessary math skills, including measuring and keeping count records
- Able to read and follow technical drawings and diagrammed instructions
- Proven record of quality, on-time production runs
- Keen eye for detail
- Positive attitude, reliable, and a team player
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
CNC Mill Operator
We are looking for a person to operate our automatic mill. This mill is very straightforward and does not need experience with mills, or programing. We are looking for someone with a technical background that is willing to learn.
- must know how to use a tape measure, and micrometer
- have a good understanding of fractions and decimals
- experience with an overhead crane is helpful
- able to perform basic maintenance of their machine
- loading and unloading parts
- filling out inspection reports
Square Mill Operator
Snelling is looking for a Square Mill Operator for a company in Greenville, MI.
This is a great company and opportunity for experienced in Square Mill Operators.
Temp to Hire and Direct Hire based on experience
Hours and pay for the Square Mill Operator
5 Ten hour shifts M - F with some Saturdays
$15.75 - $16.75 per hour
Requirements of the Square Mill Operator:
- Safety guidelines.
- Machine controls on square mills.
- Properly set-up square mills with fixtures and load and unload bases and/or plates from fixtures.
- Proper surface finish.
- How and when to change the cutter.
- Properly clean the machines and area at the end of a shift.
- Use the measuring equipment needed to meet tolerances.
- Fill out and follow control plan requirements and how to define a good part.
Candidates qualified for the Square Mill Operator position should submit a resume for immediate consideration.
In 2016, Snelling received Inavero's coveted Best of Staffing award in recognition of our exemplary customer service - an honor bestowed on less than two percent of staffing companies in the industry.
Feed Mill Operator & Delivery And/Or Tender Drivers
Full Time & Part Time
AG POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Lima Elevator is looking for responsible individuals interested in the following areas:
Feed Mill Operator- Training Available
Delivery and/or Tender Drivers-requires a Class A, B or Chauffeur's CDL
Previous AG experiance a plus but not required. Competitive pay/benefits package-based on qualifications. Work history & refrences required.
Please fill out an application or leave resume at Lima Elevator's Office in Howe.
1st & Defiance Streets-Howe, IN 260-562-2113
CNC Mill Operator III
Position Title: CNC Mill Operator III Department: Specials
Reporting To: Group Leader, Specials Location: Schaumburg, IL
Performs duties to drill, bore, ream, and mill a variety of new and used products in accordance with prescribed procedures and quality standards. Needs DMU experience.
Contribution to Quality and KOMET:
The CNC Mill Operator contributes to the timely delivery and quality of tools like described in the Quality Manual. Milling time is an integral part of our on time delivery measurable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (in order of importance):
1. Follows safety rules.
a. Reads, understands, and follows safety rules per OSHA and company guidelines.
2. Sets up 5 axis vertical/horizontal CNC mill.
a. Sets work offsets to tell mill where zero point is located.
b. Sets tool offsets so mill knows how long and how big the tool being used is.
c. Calls up programs to tell mill which steps to go through when making a part.
d. Removes extra tools from machine and returns them to the tool crib.
e. Gathers and secures fixtures, tooling, and parts to mill.
f. Cleans fixtures and parts prior to securing them to the lathes and mill in order to maintain blue print specifications.
3. Operates 5 axis vertical/horizontal CNC mill.
a. Operates CNC mill within customer and company specifications.
b. Edits offsets and/or program in order to maintain specifications.
c. Checks programs for errors by comparing program to part prints and then verifying the correct dimensions
and part features.
d. Hand taps tools to depth when tapping in the machine is unavailable.
4. Inspects parts.
a. Inspects work throughout machining process to ensure parts are made within print specifications and appropriate tolerances are held.
5. Fills out paperwork.
a. Clocks onto jobs daily in order to determine which step of a job needs to be completed.
6. Cleans up area, mill and parts.
a. Keeps area clean and efficient by maintaining and organizing area according to 5S.
b. Cleans parts after the proper dimensions have been met in order to remove chips and coolant.
7. Performs miscellaneous duties.
a. Deburrs work to remove all sharp corners and edges using various deburring tools (e.g., scrapers, files, etc.).
b. Paints areas of parts that should not be hardened during heat treating process when indicated on blue print.
c. Performs other duties as assigned.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
· Production environment, protective eyewear required.
· 30% Sitting, 60% Standing, 10% Climbing (on table inside DMU)
· Lift and transport an average weight of 10 lbs., maximum 50 lbs.
· Manual dexterity of both hands.
· Near Visual Acuity (either corrected or uncorrected).
Equipment and Applications:
CNC Mill (5 axis), air gun, bench center, bore gage, caliper, comparator, crane, depth micrometer, dial indicator, gage block set, height gage, ID micrometer, indicator, micrometer, personal computer, pin gage, plug gage, thread gage (inch/metric), thread micrometer, Zoller, and various hand tools.
Education and Experience
· High School diploma or equivalence.
· Must be able to pass drug test and background screening.
· Minimum 5 years CNC milling experience (on a 4 axis machine).
Haas CNC Mill Operator With Set-Up Experience - Second Shift
HASS CNC Mill Operator:
Surfcam Experience Preferred.
Journeyman Level Experience (Minimum of 5-Years Experience as a HAAS CNC Mill Operator with Set-up experience).
HAAS CNC Mill Programming experience is a Big Plus!
Experience with any of the following CNC Mills Preferred:
• HAAS VF-2SS with microcomputer control and interactive graphics
• HAAS VF-4 with microcomputer control and interactive graphics
• HAAS VF-5 with microcomputer control and interactive graphics
• HAAS VF-7 with microcomputer control and interactive graphics
Related experience with the following CNC Vertical Milling Centers is a Big Plus:
• Fadal Model VMC- 4020 with microcomputer and interactive graphics
• Fadal Model VMC-3016L with microcomputer and interactive graphics
• Fadal Model VMC-3016 with 15,000 RPM spindle, microcomputer and interactive graphics
• Fadal Model VMC-6030 with microcomputer and interactive graphics
Will work with little or no supervision during the shift
$15.00 to $18.00 per hour, determined after Job Site Interview.
Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM to 3:30 or 5:30 PM, as required and directed.
Saturdays and Sundays: Only as required and directed.
For more information, contact 734-431-1821 or email back. Thanks!
Chemical Mill Operator
Prepare all materials and packaging for processing.
Transport raw material to process station.
Feed raw material into machinery.
Adjust process conditions according to Q-doc 19 (Process Conditions Log) and operate mill accordingly.
Record process data.
Take and label finished material samples.
Ensure proper fill and packaging of finished product, through weighing and observation.
Palletize finished product and transport to designated storage area.
Clean out mills as required.
Prepare set-ups for next job.
Clean and maintain work area.
Perform various other duties as assigned by management.
Ability to understand written & verbal instructions in English is needed.
Ability to perform basic math calculations such as percentages, adding, subtracting, etc., is needed.
Mechanical aptitude is a plus
Forklift truck operating is required
Ability to lift 40 - 50 lbs. is required
Ability to climb ladders
Ability to enter confined spaces
Ability to bend and reach
Ability to climb onto and to operate forklift truck
Ability to stand for up to 12 hours at a time (with ½ hour lunch and ¼ hour break)
Ability to walk distances up to 30 yards at a time
Ability to wear a half mask respirator for long periods of time
Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is highly desirable.
Experience operating forklift trucks is preferred.
The company is located in Reading, PA, with an additional manufacturing facility in East Greenville, PA. Custom Processing Services has been named a Top Growth Companies in Berks County by the Greater Reading Chamber of Commerce & Industry, and received the Build a Better Berks Award in 2008. Custom Processing Services also received an Entrepreneurial Achievement Award from the Ben Franklin Technology Partners in 2006.
Equal Opportunity Employment:
CPS will not unlawfully discriminate based upon race, color, sex, national origin or ancestry, religion, age disability, citizenship, marital status, military or veteran status, or any prohibited basis. This commitment applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including hiring, promotion, compensation, discipline, discharge, and any term or condition of employment. All employment decisions will be made and all personnel policies construed in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local antidiscrimination laws. All unlawful discrimination is prohibited.
Feed Mill Operator
This individual is responsible for performing all phases necessary for daily feed production and the receiving of grain and ingredients. The Team Leader assigns specific daily duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
May be responsible for all or part of the following duties and responsibilities to be determined by the Team Leader:
- Receive daily shipments of grain and other ingredients by rail and truck.
- Control and monitor feed production through the computer center.
- Effectively operate the pellet mill.
- Perform the function of "hand-adds,” the manual addition of feed ingredients.
- Clean mill facility when working conditions and time permit.
- Perform general mechanical duties as determined by the Team Leader.
- Monitor ingredient inventories.
- Maintain bag inventories, stacked and orderly.
- Other duties determined by the Team Leader.
- Maintain usage reports and operational records as needed.
- Ability to work with close supervision and independently
- Basic math skills
- Ability to operate various types of machinery and heavy equipment
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs. on occasion
- General maintenance skills
- Ability to climb ladders and work in high places
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work in dusty conditions
- Ability to work weekends and overtime as needed
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!