At AES, we raise the quality of life around the world by changing the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day in our small, global teams. Apply here to start an extraordinary career today.
HOURLY WAGE RATE: $25.73 - $40.14
QUALIFICATIONS: Applicant must be able to read and perform arithmetic calculations, and should possess a high degree of mechanical aptitude with a knowledge of general construction, pipefitting and mechanical maintenance procedures. Must pass the EEI MASS test and the Physical Abilities Test (PAT). Applicant must be able to work nights and weekends; and report to work at various locations. Other general qualifications such as physical fitness, attendance, safety and performance records will be considered.
Additional consideration will be given for the following job-related experience or training:
1 Past experience or training in the erection, repair and maintenance of turbine generators.
2. Past experience in the area of mechanical maintenance or power plant experience.
3. Training or experience in rigging principles.
4. Training or experience in the operation of heavy equipment such as cranes and backhoes and familiarity with hand signals for directing hoisting operations.
5. Previous experience or ability to read and use precision measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers, taper gauges and depth gauges.
6. Training or experience in the fitting, aligning, and repairing of steam, water, air, gas and oil piping, fittings and appurtenances.
7. Training or experience in the reading and interpretation of blueprints.
8. Training or experience with oxyacetylene or arc welding and cutting procedures.
9. Any other qualifications contributing to the applicant's ability to perform the job.
PRIMARY DUTIES: Dismantle, clean, repair, adjust and reassemble turbine generators, auxiliary equipment and facilities necessary to maintain safe, continuous and efficient operation of all power plants.
1. Aligning, fitting, connecting, reseating, balancing, repairing or overhauling of all mechanical equipment and facilities requiring the
use of micrometers, calipers, scales, gauges or other precision instruments and the reading of blueprints;
2. Cutting and welding with oxyacetylene and electric arc of a non-pressure application;
3. Fitting, aligning and repairing high and low pressure steam, water, air, gas or oil piping fittings and appurtenances;
4. Rigging, building, scaffolding, and directing crane operations, as required;
5. Inspecting, dismantling, installing, replacing, cleaning, lubricating, packing, grinding, turning, sawing, drilling, removing and setting
of all mechanical equipment and facilities;
6. Removing, repairing, replacing and installing heat insulating materials on piping and equipment;
7. Excavating, grading, backfilling and installing foundations, duct lines, manholes and vaults as required;
8. Operating all types of stationary and mobile equipment such as cranes, backhoes, hoists and trucks;
9. Keeping work areas in good order and cleaning up after completing work; and
10. Maintaining vehicles, equipment and tools in a safe and workable condition.
In addition to the primary duties listed above, the employee may be called upon to perform other work as circumstances require.
Must know and comply with all Company safety and health policies and procedures applicable to work performance.
Indianapolis Power & Light Company (IPL), an AES Company, provides retail electric service to more than 480,000 residential, commercial and industrial customers in Indianapolis, as well as portions of other Central Indiana communities surrounding Marion County. During its long history, IPL has supplied its customers with some of the lowest-cost, most reliable power in the country. IPL is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. E-Verify Notice: IPL will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
POST JOBS FOR FREE