Millwright 2Nd Shift
Responsible for the most complex troubleshooting, repair, instillation, and maintenance for all facilities and production equipment and systems, to include areas of low voltage electrical, hydraulics, carpentry, fabrication, machining, welding, plumbing, vacuum, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and/or other general facilities mechanical disciplines. Also leads the installation, dismantling, or movement of machinery and heavy equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, or other drawings. Starting at $65K/year and great benefits and overtime!
* Troubleshoots and diagnoses a vast array of sometimes complex and aged mechanical tools and equipment and determines the most appropriate method and parts required to effectively complete the given job.
* Utilizes knowledge of the particular intricacies of various types of metals, lubricants, equipment and/or machinery properties and parts for preventative maintenance and repair duties.
* May assemble, install and/or repair wiring, and low voltage electrical, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration, pipe systems (i.e., pneumatic, hydraulic) unique machinery, and equipment.
* Removes and replaces defective parts for complex problems using hand /power tools, drills, welding equipment, wrenches, hoists, cranes test equipment, and/or varying gages. Utilizes a broad skill level of a mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and electronic in nature tools to repair and maintain most shop equipment.
* May set-up and operate lathe, drill press, grinder, welding and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts. Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements using rulers, calipers, and micrometers.
* Fabricates, assembles, and tests parts using a complete range of mechanical hand and power tools including precision measuring devices, instruments, and gauges, metal fabricating tools and welding torches.
* Analyzes, identifies, and corrects mechanical faults of improperly operating or inoperative machinery through varying trade and/or mechanical processes.
* Diagnoses mechanical problems by instrumentation, sound and visual observation and determines how best to resolve the problem by checking blueprints, repair manuals, parts catalogs drawing and from experience and expertise.
* Inspects work of Maintenance Mechanic to assure proper installation, maintenance, and repair of equipment.
* Tests and runs-off machines to ensure proper operation and correction of the identified problem.
* Records maintenance and repair work performed and the duration of time used per work order.
* Maintains equipment, parts and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies.
* May be responsible for Lockout/Tagout (LOTO) or the specific practices and procedures to safeguard employees from the unexpected energization or startup of machinery and equipment.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) along with related trade school education, apprenticeship and/or experience.
* Previously demonstrated broad mechanical expertise understanding complex concepts related to machinery, electrical, hydraulic equipment, properties of metals, welding, and/or piper / plumbing functions required.
* The ability to read and comprehend various diagrams, schematics and mechanical blueprints is required. Certificates and Licenses:
* Trade or Vocational certifications preferred.
* Other particular trade certifications or in-depth experience may be required, (i.e., Crane and Hoisting Engineer Lic 2A 3A, HVAC/EPA certifications, weights & measures technology, Welding). Fork truck license required, LOTO
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
POST JOBS FOR FREE