Mime Job Description Sample
The Software Engineer/Developer will provide analysis of business, engineering, and scientific problems, and the documentation and development of well-defined methods, procedures, and programs in the delivery of practical systems solutions.
The ability to develop software using JAVA or EJB on various application servers
Develop automated unit tests using JUnit
Perform unit and integration testing
Work with Systems Engineers to review detailed technical requirements
Translate detailed technical into software design
Support System Testers to ensure system quality, functionality, and performance
Support system in production
BS in Computer Science or related major OR Relevant Experience
3+ years experience of software development/sustaining experience with Java/J2EE, and demonstrated fluency in Java.
3+ years experience with Java Application Servers with one or more of the following:
Sun Application Server and Oracle Application Server is a plus
Experience with Web Development, client-server programming
Experience in using framework and libraries including: Apache Strut 1.2 and above, Apache Common Library, File Template Framework
Knowledge of dynamic client side script
Strong in RDBMS: SQL DML and DDL
Experience with: HTTP/HTTPs, AJAX, CSS
Excellent Software Designing experience with OOAD and UML
Experience using configuration/testing with Ant and Junit
Work experience with XML parser/transformation
- DOM, SAX, XSLT, DTD and Schemas
Strong in Design Patterns (GoF/J2EE)
Knowledge of the following protocols: TCP/IP, RMI/IIOP, SMTP, MIME
Knowledge/understanding of AD, UNIX, LDAP, and Database systems
Identity and Access Management experience a plus
Experience with C# is a plus
Mycroft Inc. is the innovation leader in delivering IT security, identity, access management and regulatory compliance solutions leveraging over 20 years of unmatched professional services experience across all major vendor technologies.
Focused on the strategy, design, configuration, implementation and management of its solutions, the company seamlessly integrates software and deep professional services expertise to provide fully managed cloud-based, hosted and on-premise deployments.
Mycroft XSpectra, the company’s most recent innovation, further solidifies the company’s commitment to bringing cutting edge IT security services to market that enable business agility, flexibility and cost efficiencies across organizations of all sizes. Mycroft has service centers in New York, St. Louis, Detroit and Seattle.
Mycroft Offers Competitive Compensation and Robust Benefits Including:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Account Plans
Competitive Wages and Outstanding Incentives
401K with Matching
Paid Vacations & Holidays
Growth & Training Opportunities
Casual work environment
Mycroft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. M/F/D/V.
Are you a returning applicant?
If you do not remember your password click here.
Application Support Administrator
We are in need of someone who has open avaliability Monday-Friday.
Mailgun prides ourselves in providing world-class customer support on every customer interaction. Our primary job is to make our customer's lives easier by providing efficient, helpful and world-class support. As an Application Support Administrator these should come easy to you. You will be working in a fast-paced environment on a daily basis that consistently brings new challenges and learning opportunities.
Application Support Administrators should have:
- The ability to wow customers on every contact
- The ability to sound personable on all forms of communication (tickets, phones, and chats)
- The ability to explain complex topics in a way that anyone could understand
- A technical aptitude to consistently learn new technologies and adapt to our customers needs (programming languages, new operating systems, APIs, etc.)
- A passion for technology and customer service
We believe in contributing back to the community. Many of the tools and libraries we’ve developed are open source (https://github.com/mailgun). We move fast and don’t believe in having unnecessary silos and red tape that keep teams from shipping software. We have a passion for solving hard problems – our services are responsible for processing billions of messages each month and have to not only scale, but be highly reliable.
- A basic understanding of email receipt and delivery (POP, IMAP, and SMTP)
- Basic knowledge of concepts surrounding email composition, specifically MIME standards and formatting
- Knowledge of email deliverability techniques such as IP and domain reputation, SPF/DKIM authentication, and spam filtering
- Ability to execute commands in multiple programming languages
- Working knowledge of REST APIs and how to integrate with a customer solution
- Foundational understanding of Cloud Computing technologies. Familiarity with the various client and server operating system used by customers (Windows, Linux, Mac OSX)
- Proactive sense of urgency with respect to customer service and communication
- Strong organization, communication, learning, problem-solving, documentation, and follow-up skills
- Ability to work with a physically distributed team and work a flexible schedule to cover shifts
- Handles level-appropriate customer support requests primarily via phone, tickets, and chat
- Escalates support requests as necessary through the appropriate channels
- Documents all customer support phone calls/chats via the ticketing system
- Creates and maintains customer loyalty by serving customers above and beyond expectations
- Fosters a strong working relationship with other departments including but not limited to Sales, Operations and Support
- Exercises good judgment and decision-making at all times in order to consistently deliver superior customer outcomes
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ years of customer service via phone, chat, and ticket support
- Email and deliverability knowledge
- 2+ years of experience in providing customer support via multiple social media channels
- 6+ weeks PTO (treat yo’self)
- 100% Dental, Medical and Vision coverage for employee
- 50% Dental, Medical and Vision coverage for dependents
- Mailgun contribution of $250 for every 1% of earnings that you contribute to the 401(k)
- Flexible spending accounts
- Health savings account
- Life insurance 1x annual salary
Senior Software Engineer - Search
About the Position
Archiving and e-Discovery and are core offerings of Mimecast which are underpinned by search technology. Our challenge is to scale it to keep pace with a rapidly expanding dataset.
We are developing in a number of areas and looking for engineers who want to join us in building:
Next generation Indexing and Search platform: completely redesigning the Mime | OS search backend
Graph Search: distributed graph database to provide insight and intelligence on the data customers store in the Mimecast Platform. This project is a custom built solution to handle hundreds of billions of objects in a cost efficient manner
Application Log Search: the focus of the project is the aggregation and indexing / search of metadata generated by Mime | OS applications
Text extraction: we constantly strive to improve the quality and efficiency of our text extraction process to feed our indexes.
Writing software components to operate at massive scale
Maximising performance of core Java and Lucene technologies
Utilising emerging techniques such as graph databases and machine learning to enrich the platform
Essential Skills and Experience:
Minimum of 5 years experience developing in one or more of the following languages: C/C++, Java, C#
Solid experience with concurrency, multithreading, server architectures, distributed systems and load balancing techniques
Expert knowledge developing and debugging distributed applications in a *nix environment
Search engine experience, ideally Lucene
Good knowledge of storage hardware (HDD, SSD)
Understanding of various levels of file system caching at operating system level
Experience with operating system internals, programming language design
REST / SOAP programming
Knowledge of TCP/IP and network programming
Attention to detail
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, dental and life coverage. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters strive on being high performers, problem solvers, and team players with passion and integrity.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Cyber Software Engineer 2-Top Secret
Northrop Grumman is actively recruiting a Software Engineer 2 to support the AltaScan program in Mclean, VA. AltaScan is a small project responsible for selling and maintaining a line of biometric oriented products. AltaScan has three products: a cardscan system, a livescan system and a Store-n-Forward system.
The current product line is Microsoft based, and our customers expect it to stay that way. Products run on Windows 7 and Windows 10 PCs or Windows Server using SQL Server. Coding is done in C using Microsoft Visual Studio 2017. User interfaces are Microsoft MFC based. Because of the small nature of the team, the position requires a hands on person that is comfortable working a variety of roles.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Developer Role – Participates in design, engineering, implementation, testing and maintenance of the products. participates in the selection and evaluation of COTS products (software and hardware) incorporated into the product
Lab Management Role– Assists in maintaining AltaScan development lab, administering systems
Customer Interface Role – Secondary POC for the customers, secondary pager support for 1 customer, remote help desk support via telephone or email (8:00am-5pm, 5 days a week excluding NG holidays), on-site support as needed, mostly in metro area, with an occasional need to travel out-of-state
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and 2 years' experience or a Master's Degree. Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be considered in lieu of degree.
Must have a minimum of an active Top Secret clearance and must be willing to obtain a polygraph.
Windows Operating systems: Windows Server Windows 7, Windows 10
Database: SQL Server, Oracle
Coding languages: C , C#, SQL
Coding Frameworks: .Net, Visual Studio
System administration skills
Current TS/SCI w/poly clearance
Some experience with image processing
Experience with XML
Experience with web services
Knowledge of configuration management, such as Tortoise SVN
Knowledge of creating automated installation scripts
Experience with VMs
Knowledge of fingerprint biometric products
Related standards familiarity: FBI EBTS, ANSI-NIST ITL, NCIC, email MIME SMTP
Comfortable working in a deadline-driven environment, planning, handling and prioritizing multiple tasks. .
Strong math skills.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!