Model And Mold Maker Job Description Sample
Mold Maker - Medical Device
Sr. Tool And Mold Specialist
GS Engineering is a leading thermoforming tooling manufacturer for grained soft touch interior automotive components. Our tooling produces Class-A interior components for many of the biggest automotive manufacturers around the globe.
In this role you will be responsible for the mechanical manufacturing and assembly of production and prototype thermoforming tooling. This position is best described as a jack of all trades as you will be involved in all aspects of the tool and mold building process.
As a company that puts significant weight behind personal growth, it will be required that you constantly work to improve yourself in your craft. The successful candidate must be willing to learn new skills and take on additional responsibilities.
Skills and traits we look for:
- Experience as a journeyman model maker, tool maker, die maker, or pattern maker is strongly preferred
- Experience as a journeyman manual machinist strongly preferred
- Must be able to work effectively in a team setting
- Initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Carpentry experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with hand tools
- Experience with manual machines such as mills, lathes, band saws, drill press, grinders, etc ...
- Quick learner who can retain a lot of small details
- Strong organizational skills
- Solution minded
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to work overtime / weekends if required for on-time delivery
- Must be able to lift and handle 50 pounds
- Become as a functional expert in our tooling and help to train and develop junior tooling technicians
- Work with and provide feedback to the tooling and surfacing engineering and design teams
- Assemble thermoforming tooling, molds, and related components
- Perform manual machining functions (including lathe and bridge-port work)
- Support customers in the field as required (less than 10% travel)
- Very competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- 401k with employer match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Company Paid Life / AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Optional Long Term Disability / Supplemental Life Insurance
- Wellness Programs
- ... and More!
Soft Goods/Model Maker
Mold Maker III
Blow Mold Maintenance
Mold Maintenance Technician
Instrument Maker 3 / CNC Machinist
Mould Maker - Night Shift
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!