Model And Mold Maker Job Description Sample
Applied Medical is a new generation medical device company with a proven business model and commitment to innovation that has fueled our rapid business growth and expansion. Applied Medical has been developing and manufacturing advanced surgical technologies for nearly 30 years, and has earned a strong reputation in healthcare.
Our dedication to delivering the highest quality products and unique business positioning, provides our team members with the unique ability to contribute in a larger capacity than is possible in typical positions. As a Mold Maker you will be responsible for working within the framework of a team and performing the
Project Engineer - New Model Automotive
Project Engineer - New Model Automotive
6231 Enterprise Pkwy, Grove City, Ohio 43123 * 614-871-0045
We continue to grow our business! Tigerpoly Manufacturing, Inc., a Tier 1 supplier of high quality injection and blow-molding plastic and rubber components for the automotive industry, is seeking a talented individual with a strong work ethic who desires a real opportunity to develop a meaningful and lasting career.
Support and manage the internal development of existing and/or new company products for mass production readiness and implementation.
Utilize internal or external resources to develop systems for simple to complex improvements of existing or production of new products.
Manage product development activities from pre-production design review activities through the first 3 months of mass production. This process includes, but is not limited to, managing medium to large size projects, leading cross functional teams, managing layered schedules, directing mold and equipment trial activities, supporting outside vendors and managing pre-production quality and customer audits and management of sign-off activities.
Responsible for a wide array of communication with customers and vendors to provide or obtain information and assistance.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required.
3-5 years of relevant work experience in engineering, project engineering, or consulting role required. Engineering experience in the automotive industry preferred; automotive new model launch experience highly desirable.
Must be able to multi-task with excellent project management, organizational and prioritization skills.
Proficient computer skills required, including spreadsheets, charts/graphs, and database management.
Some overnight travel required.
Must be willing to work overtime during the week and on weekends. May occasionally be asked to work alternate shifts.
Experience with hand tools, power & air tools, drawings, test equipment, calipers & micrometers and general office equipment preferred.
Plastic Mold Injection Technician
This is a direct hire positon, the Process Technician will set up a plastic injection molding machine & make sure that it operates at optimal efficiency. 5+ years of experience with a plastic injection molding machine is a top requirement for this position, along with a steady work history.
- Fix any minor issues that may arise with the equipment
- Material handling
- Run the plastic injection molding machine independently
- Follow all safety rules set in place by management
- Stay on task with minimal supervisor
- Keeping your work area clean & tidy
- Preventative Maintenance
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5 yrs. experience as Process Technician
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Self-motivated, efficient and accurate
- Must be fork lift certified or ability to become certified
- Good communication skills
- An in-depth & working knowledge of the plastic injection molding machines
At Paydayz Staffing, we are dedicated to finding the correct match. We provide a seamless solution to keep your company running efficiently and profitably.
Paydayz Staffing has long standing relationships across multiple industries with a brand name built on quality and customer service. We have built a strong reputation through our commitment to recruiting top candidates and post placement services. We know that quality employees are a necessity for long-run success.
This is Our Promise to You!
And Our philosophy is simple. We want to hire the best talent internally to deliver the best customer service to our clients at a competitive price. We focus on being innovative and providing real solutions to our clients.
At Paydayz we are not only providing staffing; we offer up a business model with transparent relationships, precise solutions, and a firm belief that our clients deserve the best.
What you can expect from Paydayz Staffing Solutions:
- Direct, contract to hire, and long term contract services
- We provide entry level to professional placement
- 24/7 support
- Quality talent pools
- Knowledge of multiple industries
- We individually customize our staffing and employee fulfillment solutions to each client
- Flexibility and unparalleled customer service
- Knowledgeable, friendly and experienced recruiters
- Creative solutions for both job seekers and businesses alike
- Involved in OUR Community
How this helps you:
- Customized staffing solutions to reduce overall staffing costs
- Lower unemployment costs.
- Minimization of risk and liability exposure
- Reduced recruitment cycles
- "Try before you Buy."
- We free you to Focus on your CORE business.
We love what we do and would love to help you however we can. We Are your Friends in the People Business!
Injection Mold Technician - 2Nd Shift
Injection Mold Technician - 2nd Shift in Hebron, IL at ITW
Date Posted: 1/26/2018 *
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Hebron, IL
Job Type: Other
Experience: Not Specified +
Date Posted: 1/26/2018
About Us ITW (NYSE: ITW) is a Fortune 200 global multi-industrial manufacturing leader with revenues totaling $14.3 billion in 2017. The company's seven industry-leading segments leverage the unique ITW Business Model to drive solid growth with best-in-class margins and returns in markets where highly innovative, customer-focused solutions are required. ITW has approximately 50,000 dedicated colleagues in operations around the world who thrive in the company's unique, decentralized and entrepreneurial culture. We offer unparalleled access to challenging opportunities in high-growth, diverse industries and markets around the world.
Job Description Founded in 1912, ITW’s products and solutions are at work all over the world, in deep-sea oil rigs, aerospace technology, bridges and wind turbines, healthcare, the spaces in which we live and work, the cars we drive, and the mobile devices we rely on. We are never, whether we know it or not, more than a few steps from an innovative ITW solution. As part of ITW’s Automotive Segment, ITW Powertrain Plastics is committed to being a world leader in insert molded filters, mechatronics components, and reservoirs. Our Hebron location specializes in water filtration and outdoor power equipment. Key products include drinking water filters and fuel tank caps.
Ensures the efficient operation of robotics, injection molding machines, automatic assembly equipment, and auxiliary equipment. Follows all business and safety guidelines. Assists as need in other areas of manufacturing. 2nd shift.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Typical duties include mold set-up and adjustment on molding and assembly repairs, equipment troubleshooting and minor repairs, preventive maintenance, quality checks, material handling including filling and emptying machine hoppers, housekeeping and operator instructions.
Maintain equipment’s proper operation to include verifying set-up parameters of process as well as condition of machine; periodically checking machine cycle time and yields are met, quality of parts and overall consistency of process.
Maintain set up sheets and production records for shift; completes necessary paperwork timely and accurately.
Recommend cost saving improvements, labor and ergonomic improvements.
Ensure comprehensive and complete communication with oncoming shift as it relates to production status, labor, quality, shipping, and maintenance.
Other duties as assigned.
Key Equipment and Tools Used Crane, hand tools, hand and lift truck(s), scales, drying equipment, grinders, thermolators, pickers, hot runner system, screen feed system.
Understanding of injection molding machines and auxiliary equipment operations and repair.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Knowledge of robotics, hydraulics, and electrical and solid-state machinery preferred but not required.
Ability to work overtime as needed to meet customer demands. To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and be able to resolve maintenance/manufacturing requirements both through management direction and independent process analysis. Must possess good communication/interpersonal skills, good visual skills for accessing functionality of equipment, above basic mathematical skills and reasoning ability. Individual must be able to stand for full manufacturing shift, ability to reach with arms extended and/or overhead, excellent hand dexterity, ability to bend, stoop, stretch and similar activities. Able to lift up to 60 pound frequently. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. ITW is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the online application system process due to your disability, please email corp_accessibility@ itw.com to request assistance. No other requests will be acknowledged.
Mold Designer - Steel And Aluminum Molds For Injection
Leading Plastics, Industry.
· Participate in job and start up meetings for developing the best design.
· Requote design and modeling phase of project.
· Development of mold designs from concept phase to full release for manufacturing.
· adhere to process and standards
· Ability to design molds that are in conformance with MSI standards and are cost effective.
· Be able to present information to management & customers logically and thoroughly.
· Minimum of five years manufacturing experience and/ or a 2 year technical degree.
· Previous experience designing molds is Must.
· Completion of an AAS Design program or equivalent experience
· Experience in designing injection and structural foam molds from supplied part data
· Advanced knowledge of the mechanics and functionality of molds
· Experience in solid modeling software used for mold design (Solid Works or Pro Engineer)
· Ability to complete injection and structural foam mold designs from supplied solid model design consisting of cavity / core split with parting line and mechanism created.
Creatives Wanted: Painters, Mold/Model Makers, Prop Makers
Want to be part of an exciting creative team constantly in pursuit to create what doesn't exist?
We are looking for innovative and creative individuals to work on-site at our South Bay studio on a project-to-project basis. Including, but not limited to painters (scenic, model, prototype, finish, faux), welders, model makers, mold makers, costume makers, digital sculptors, carpenters (specialty set construction), mechanical prop makers, animation artists, set and exhibit/tradeshow builders and CNC operators. We are looking for those with experience as well as new talent.
If interested, please respond to this inquiry with your resume and if possible, your portfolio.
You must be able to work on site at our studio in the South Bay, to be considered.
Clay Modeler / Armature Builder
Clay Modeler / Armature Builder Apply for this Position Job description Baker Industries is looking for a skilled Clay Modeler to mold full-sized or scale models of parts, to be used in conjunction with CNC machining, out of clay, from written or verbal instructions. Employment: Full-time Duties and responsibilities
Build rough lumber form to fit around model or centers preformed lath-covered wood frame on a platform.
Kneads Clay into slots between laths so claw will adhere to frame
Molds clay by hand to approximate shape
Shapes sculptured surfaces using various types of sculptor’s tools or scrapers
Scrapes Clay from high areas and builds up and smooths areas to attain desired shape
Cuts cardboard templates for use as guides to shape symmetrical sections Qualifications
High School or GED + 1+ year previous experience required.
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Highly organized with attention to detail
Experience with fabrication and machining preferred. Benefits
Dental & Vision
Life & Short-term Disability + 401k with employer match
Solution Specialist – Data Modeler
In addition to challenging and meaningful work, you ll have the chance to give back to your community, make a positive impact on the environment, participate in a range of diversity and inclusion initiatives, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business and your clients will be heard.
JobTitle:Solution Specialist Data Modeler Location:Mechanicsburg, PA Overview Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center. Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon.
Interested? Read more about our opportunity below Analytics Information Management (A IM) Service Line Deloitte Consulting's Analytics Information Management (A IM) Service Line designs, develops, and implements strategies, systems and processes to capture, integrate and distribute information in an enterprise to realize the value of information and data assets. Our Team From our centers, we work with Deloitte consultants to design, develop and build solutionsto help clients reimagine, reshape and rewire the competitive fabric of entire industries. Our centers house a multitude of specialists, ranging from systems designers, architects and integrators, to creative digital experts, to cyber risk and human capital professionals.
All work together on diverse projects from advanced preconfigured solutions and methodologies, to brand-building and campaign management. We are a unique blend of skills and experiences, yet we underline the value of each individual, providing customized career paths, fostering innovation and knowledge development with a focus on quality. The US Delivery Center supports a collaborativeteam culture where we work and live close to home with limited travel.
How you ll grow At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Benefits At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Deloitte s culture Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Solution Specialist Data Modeler
The successful candidate will work with the Deloitte team to implement, maintain, and enhance its enterprise-level data architecture using Data Warehouse (OLAP) design and dimensional modeling principles. The successful candidate will work as part of a team comprised of a project manager, business analysts, and other members of the technical staff to use test-driven development techniques to develop and implement ETL processes to support sequencing and analysis efforts.
Specific responsibilities will include work with Business Analysts and Data Modelers to understand requirements. Design and develop sustainable database ETL applications to support those requirements. Create technical design documents that capture source to target mapping, define transformation algorithms, and document data quality rules.
React to and correct day-to-day operational errors. Proficient in conceptual, logical and physical data model design using CA Erwin 7 and 8. Must be able to create and maintain enterprise data models with multiple subjected areas. 5 years of full time experience in multiple source data integration on an enterprise data warehouse. 5 years of full time experience Data profiling, Data Analytis using Trillium Data Discovery V14 tool and SQL in Toad 9.
The ability to read, write, and maintain SQL. Experience in Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
B.S. or higher in Computer Science or other technical field.
Strong analytical and leadership skills. Strong interpersonal skills along with excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to travel up to 25% percent U.S.
Citizenship/Green card preferred Must be able / willing to live and work out of Mechanicsburg, PA Corporate citizenship Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform.
We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte s impact on the world. Recruiter tips We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident.
To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you re applying to.Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals. About Deloitte As used in this document, Deloitte means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers site (careers.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at careers.deloitte.com. Category: Management Consulting
Plastics Process Engineer
Develops all molding processing data for plant operations. Acts as technical support and trainer for the Production department.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Responsible for conducting and overseeing mold testing and debugging for all new molds in accordance with established PPAP/RFT procedures
- Develops process sheets for the Production department
- Develops Q.I.P.
- Conducts mold capability studies and design of experiments when required
- Reviews preliminary mold designs to ensure mold compatibility with company equipment, quality and process requirements and mold specifications
- Prepares sample submission green sheets for customers, utilizing sample parts and required documentation
- Establishes process control parameter limits for all new products working with Senior Manufacturing Engineers
- Coordinates the purchase of raw material requirements needed to support RFTs
- Documents data for BOM
- Establishes customer packaging requirements and secondary operations
- Generates Requests for Testing (RFTs) and ensures all required documentation is filled out and attached prior to signatures
- Participates in APQP process
- Generates all process documentation required to support PPAP
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications (includes education, skills and experience)
- High School Diploma
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Equivalent Work Experience
- 5 years’ minimum experience in the plastic molding field
- RJG E-DART certified
- Speak, read, write English
- Problem solving capabilities
- Completed Paulson plastics education training series
- Completed basic seminar on injection molding machines and SPC
- DOE course; SPC 1-3
- Ability to complete FMEA and PPAP courses
- Six Sigma
- Lean manufacturing
· Ability to multi-task and be attentive to detail
· Works well under pressure
· Ability to work independently as well as in a team
· Possess a sense of urgency while performing tasks accurately
· Strong team player, friendly, patient
· Dependable and self-motivated
· Able to work with a diverse group of people
We offer customers full-service manufacturing solutions that include design, engineering, mold making, production – including insert molding, over molding and encapsulation of components – value-added assembly, inventory management, and distribution. Our project management expertise and service model provide clients with a smooth, seamless experience and total quality assurance from start to finish.
Tooling Engineer-Injection Molding
· Position reports to the Director of Program Manager who has responsibility for Tooling Engineers.
· Work under the direct supervision of the Tooling Technology Manager who will assign and monitor specific functions listed below.
· Provide technical support to assist in the completion of his functions as assigned and monitored by him (specific functions detailed below).
· Provide technical support of current model automotive interior manufacturing and assembly processes, with primary attention to all tooling applications.
· Provide technical support for all new model programs for manufacturing and assembly, with primary attention to all tooling applications.
· Review component designs for continuous incremental improvement of cost and quality metrics, by driving alternate or improved part/injection tooling strategies
· Provide technical support/direction during new injection tooling programs requiring DFM’s, mold flow and mold design reviews to ensure that all cost and quality metrics are achieved
· Interface with internal and customer tooling groups to obtain approval for various part/tooling proposals and proposed engineering revisions
· Interface with internal and customer of the advanced engineering group and provide technical primary tooling (injection) support during milestone tool design and construction sign off
· Produce part/tool feasibility studies and present to customers for new tools and major part design changes
· Support DMS purchasing department in all technical aspects of tooling purchasing, ensuring cost, quality and reliability objectives are made
· Support OEM meetings and deliverables related to injection molds
· Review supplier tooling design submissions and provide written feedback regarding compliance to DMS requirements
· Support supplier injection tooling trials and provide direction/feedback to suppliers and DMS internal departments
· Develop and maintain DMS Injection Data Sheets (IDS) for both Make and Buy parts to ensure a fair and equitable sub supplier quoting process
· Must work closely with Injection Molding Department and maintenance team to support operations by outlining tooling best practices
· Review and approve all tooling invoices for new programs
· Maintain and improve DMS tooling standards
Five years of experience in working at a mold making facility preferably automotive or equivalent experience.
Five years of experience in working in a high volume manufacturing facility preferably automotive or equivalent experience.
Specific knowledge of high volume automotive injection tooling
Knowledge of emerging technology trends in the injection tooling industry
History of relationships with OEM/Mold Shops technical staff and working together to launch new programs
Specific experience in manufacturing assembly and plastic joining technologies such as sonic welding, vibration welding, and heat staking is required.
Aptitude to learn or existing experience and technical knowledge in the following fields would be useful: Aluminum tooling, blow molding, blow mold tooling, and plastic laser scoring for PAB applications, and stitching,
Equipment specific experience and DMS business practices can be gained while in the position.
Our work engenders pride in our diverse and talented team members
whose lives are transformed by their ability to learn new skills every day
in a welcoming environment where we use innovative technology
to deliver high-quality parts on time to our valued customers
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!