Model Builder Job Description Sample
Model Builder Technician
West Palm Beach
Ability to work in shop environment with basic hand tools and shop equipment
Build parts from patterns and concept drawings using fiberglass, carbon composites and aluminum using various shop tools (CNC Router, mill, lathe, grinder, drill press, etc.)
Perform coating operations applying a variety of materials requiring respirator and paint booth qualifications.
Perform preventative maintenance (TPM) on key equipment, monitor, update and track equipment and inventory availability in system and maintain accuracy on a daily basis.
Use mechanical and electrical skills to set up and teardown, troubleshoot and modify model fixtures.
Review engineering instructions and specifications to identify, modify and plan requirements for fabrication, assembly and inspection.
Proficient in basic software operation and experience in a windows operating environment.
Troubleshoots equipment and makes needed repairs. Performs all other related duties as assigned or requested.
Contribute original concepts to the development of advanced prototypes and fixtures.
Record inspection results, and make recommendations for changes in fixtures or test methods.
PIV operation (i.e. load and unload equipment from trucks).
Conduct assigned safety inspections on a timely basis (Tier 1 Audits, POGs, 6S, shop equipment, vehicles and tools).
Communicate project status to project teams
Build effective cross functional work relationships with a variety of internal and external customers. U.S. citizenship is required (No dual-citizenship). Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation. Preference will be given to candidates with an existing secret or top secret security clearance.
Qualification: 3-4 years comparable experience. Must have or be able to obtain a government security clearance.
Education: Minimal high school diploma. Prefer Associates. United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Qualification: 3-4 years comparable experience. Must have or be able to obtain a government security clearance. United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Model Builder (Universal Creative)
Model Builder (Universal Creative) Universal Creative – Design/Studio Orlando,FL Universal Creative is the planning and development division of Universal Parks and Resorts™, which is one of the many businesses within NBCUniversal™. We are ideally situated in Orlando, Florida, which has become widely known as the theme park and resort capital of the world. We are responsible for the design, development, and delivery of all resort and theme park concepts for all of Universal vacation destinations worldwide – Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as a new destination coming in 2020 in Beijing, China.
Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. What sets Universal Creative apart? We rarely wear suits. We think pop culture is fascinating and newsworthy. We are aware that possibilities are not limited by today’s realities.
We know that everyone has good ideas (and the occasional bad one as well). We know that the world is large and varied, and that we touch all of it.
We know that most high school guidance counselors don’t know our jobs exist. We know that if this were easy, everyone would be doing it.
We know that there is an eclectic assortment of talented people from various professional backgrounds at the heart of Universal Creative. In addition, we embrace the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience. We are a diverse group, but united by a common goal: to dream and deliver the best possible out-of-home entertainment for people from every walk of life.
In order to make that happen, Universal Creative relies on collaboration, hard work, synchronicity, a bit of luck, and a bunch of talented, experienced people who do not let ego and turf stand in the way of brilliance. We depend on a team of people who understand the task, the business implications, and refuse to be defeated by the challenge to fuse fantasy with physics. Universal Creative embraces ‘The Universal Way’ by not just meeting guest expectations, but exceeding them, every time.
JOB SUMMARY : Responsible for building and development of scaled models, working from drawing packages to build models that depict design and art direction for all show and scenic components of Multiple Projects. As part of the Prop model team, will assist the lead Designer or Creative Director in the development of details creatively integrating the myriad show, facility, equipment and elements into the overall creative environment.
Must have creative, artistic and illustration ability. Is responsible to bring art to life. Utilizes various drafting techniques and tools (e.g.
AutoCAD, ADOBE Graphics software, 3D software, etc. are a plus but not required). To draw, sculpt and create dimensional, scale models detailing construction methods and the integration of various show elements with each other and the facility. Responsible for building to project, program, and budget requirements.
As directed by the Show Producer, Model Shop Supervisor, Principle Model Builder, Creative Director, or the Production Designer, organizes and is responsible for development, organization and assembly of architectural models as defined by each project. The models articulate the Project’s creative design intent and details the various show elements of an attraction, such as scenery, special effects, show action equipment, animated figures, props, animated props, audio equipment, lighting equipment and more.
During design, participates in design, cost, schedule and technical reviews. Responsible for developing creative design, sketching, models and other creative output that outline solutions to integrate elements into a themed environment. Evaluates sightlines, visual intrusion and concealment of non-theatrical equipment within an “on-stage” environment.
Establishes, builds, and maintains positive and productive team relationships based on open communication, trust and teamwork with project partners, departments, disciplines, and personnel. Communicates, inspires, and maintains project intent among all team-members.
Responsible for the development and implementation of presentations and presentation artwork outlining creative goals and intent to gain internal and external approvals.
Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: Non-routine; general policies applied to frequently changing situations; detailed understanding of technical issues. Influences decisions of moderate nature requiring high degree of tact and maturity.
Will work in all phases of projects as directed, from blue sky though to project closeout, design and field installation. Will be assigned to a wide range of tasks and project sizes and types.
Associate’s degree (AA) preferred.
Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Fine Arts, Design, Theater, Graphics or Computer Technology or degree in other related field is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: + 2-3 Years: within attraction development environment is required.
5+ Years: within attraction development environment is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have successfully designed, developed and assembled several project show set design packages; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities (KSAs) required.
Must be a creative thinker and problem solver with strong technical ability with various design techniques/tools such as show set / scenic design and drafting, 3D modeling, architectural design, and/or others.
Must have strong communication and collaboration skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Consistent attendance is a job requirement. Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package. Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity.
All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means. IT’S A BIG UNIVERSE. WHERE DO YOU FIT IN?
Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2018 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
Model Home Attendant/Greeters
Model HomeGreeters in Beautiful New Model Homes
$10/hr. - As needed basis (PRN Assignments)
Model Homes are open 10 am- 6 pm
Mostly midweek assignments
Areas needed: Manchaca, Kyle or Buda area - Pick your area - work near your home!
Important: We are prohibited from hiring Texas licensed Realtors or brokers unless your license is designated inactive and verifiable with TREC. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to apply.
Ever thought about working in a beautiful model home? Looking to go back to work, retired, needed part-time employment, enjoy meeting and talking with people? If so, this is a wonderful opportunity to work in lovely model homes. Work assignments close to home, your availability and demand from the home builders.
- Greet potential home buyers and provide builder brochures/floorplans (no selling)
- Have guests complete registration cards
- Offer tours of the model home tours if needed
- Prepare builder handouts/information in folders as needed
- General office duties such as answering phones and directions to community
- No real estate experience required- Professional and must enjoy speaking with people
- Communication via cell phone with email and texting capabilities to communicate with New Home Sales Rep if needed
- Reliable and able to be on time
- Must be personable, good customer interaction skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills a must
- Ability to work independently
- Must be able to stand and climb stairs throughout the model home
Important: We are prohibited from hiring Texas licensed Realtors or brokers unless your license is designated inactive and verifiable with TREC. Candidates must be at least 18 years old to apply.
WE STAFF FOR AUSTIN AREA and SURROUNDING HOME BUILDERS
The Right people, Right now
Model Home On-Site Sales Assistant/Greeter Part-Time
Part Time New Homes Sales Assistant - Triangle Area, NC
Wynn Homes is looking for motivated professions that have a Wynn Win Attitude. Candidates must possess a positive attitude and are willing to learn. The primary responsibility will be to staff model homes or sales centers in various communities, greet prospects and generate information for the On-Sites Sales Managers. Additional Responsibilities include demonstrating the features of the model home and the spec homes. Prepare home buyer information sheet and traffic report for the days on-site.
Education: Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent
Required Experience: Computer proficiency (email, Word processing and Excel). Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
Model - Art Store And Auction House Seeking Model For Advertisements
Our company is a Art Gallery and Auction House. We Seek a motivated and talented sales and marketing model to help with advertisements. No experience required!
As long as your comfortable in front of the camera and open minded to help present and discuss our auction items in front of people, this can be for you.
- Be comfortable discussing and helping with marketing campaigns
- Be ok with being on camera while presenting the valuable art
- Be ok with some light administrative and office work as needed.
- Assist our marketing department with advertising campaigns
This position can be both full and part time.
The hours can be from 11am onward daily. Flexible schedule options.
Model Home Attendenant
Award Winning Home Builder looking for Model Home Hostess and Sales Assistant. Spend the day showing gorgeous model homes and assisting customers in making their dreams come true. We offer free training, flexible schedule and hourly + bonus pay.
Staff model homes or sales center
Greet and Register Customers in Professional Manner
Provide information and conduct tours as required
Maintain presentation state of sales center and sales collateral
Reliable Transportation and Communication ability
HS Diploma or Equivalent
Fantastic Personal and Professional Image
Great Speaking and Written Communication Skills
Any Texas Real Estate License Holders must convert license to inactive upon hiring
Model Home Sales Greeter
W.B. Homes, Inc., one of the area’s top residential homebuilders and developers for over 3 decades is seeking an enthusiastic, sociable, self-starter with great communication skills and who enjoys working with customers and potential customers in a professional environment; within our information centers and model homes.
As a Model Home Sales Greeter, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Welcoming Prospective Customers: Enthusiastically and warmly greet guests as they enter Community Information Centers and models. Obtain guest registration information and provide an overview of location, models, pricing, builder and amenities offered.
- Community Tours: Provide guests with a detailed tour of model homes, inventory homes and production homes.
Assisting existing Customers: Assist existing buyers by obtaining answers to any questions they may have as their home proceeds through the construction cycle; assist with color and option selections, and other administrative duties as required.
- Support Community Sales Team: Assist to maintain the professional appeal of the sales office, model homes, and model parks. Also, ensure an adequate supply of sales materials is available, including brochures and pamphlets. Assist Sales Team in updating guest registrations in our CRM system to provide prompt and personal follow up.
- Customer Satisfaction: Achieve total customer satisfaction before, during and after the sale. Adhere to and promote the Mission, Vision, and Values of W.B. Homes.
Must be outgoing, warm and enjoy working with people
Must be a team player and be willing to pitch in where needed
Ability to work weekends
Excellent written and communication skills
Proactive, organized and self-motivated
Exceptional customer service skills
Real Estates experience a plus, but not required
Having a PA real Estate license or the willingness to obtain one.
Machine Builder Technician
If you have a passion for machinery and automation, are mechanically inclined, love to make new mechanisms and machinery work, like hands on fabrication and assembly and do not mind getting your hands dirty, this role is for you.
As a Machine Builder Technician for our assembly and test systems, you will have responsibility for metal fabrication, mechanical assembly, hydraulic/pneumatic plumbing and wiring of our custom machines. In addition you may supervise or participate in the physical installation of our equipment onsite at the customer’s facility. When you are on site at the customer’s facility, your strong interpersonal skills will be required to deal with customer requests, and the pressure associated with bringing new equipment on line and making it productive. Your ability to create confidence in our equipment builds customer loyalty and repeat business is essential.
This position best suits a person who enjoys the “hands on” aspects of custom designed equipment, a wide range of project activities to make it work, and enjoys new software and electronics technology. You would be working with our mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and software engineers to produce “state of the art” highly automated machines.
· Mechanical Fabrication, Mig/Tig/Arc welding, brazing, machining, grinding and metal forming.
· Painting and finish work.
· Mechanical Assembly
· Hydraulic Piping, Tube Bending, and Hose assembly
· Electrical wiring and routing
· Debug hydraulic, mechanical, and hydraulic systems
· Installation of test stands, including field wiring and customer training.
· Minimum High School Degree, 2 year associates is very desirable.
· Previous experience in machine building, repair or maintenance desirable
· Automotive repair experience is very relevant.
· Knowledge of hydraulic systems is very desirable
· Experience with PC based data acquisition and control hardware desirable
Capable of using PC controls to perform a basic check-out of test stand functionality. This includes checking electric motors for correct rotation, checking for hydraulic and pneumatic leaks, making sure cylinders, actuators, etc., can move freely, checking electric switches for correct logic and continuity, etc.
· Understand electrical & hydraulic schematics and mechanical assembly drawings
Behavioral Skills Required:
· This position will be working with different levels of customer personnel, engineers, assemblers, maintenance, management, etc., and must be able to do so in a professional manner.
· Ability to communicate to and work within a team productively.
· Willingness to work late to meet critical project deadlines periodically
· Ability to manage interpersonal conflict among team players
· Ability to build respect among peers and team members built on achievement of team goals
· Collaborate closely with team members to foster ownership of machine quality
· Be creative to overcome difficult assembly problems with tough time constraints
· Maintain a positive attitude and challenge yourself to inspire others
Work on multiple projects at the same time to meet all deadlines.
Scenic Carpenter Set Builder
• 4+ years’ experience in SCENIC CARPTENTRY not construction
• Good working knowledge of CAD programs
• Experience with table saw, routers, band saw, pneumatics, welders, and CNC machine
• Metal fabrication, acrylic, and plastics experience
• Theatrical scenic experience helpful
• Manage on-site installation of scenic at hotels and convention centers
• Lead a crew loading in / setting up / loading out of scenic pieces onsite
• Assist with rigging, audio, video, and lighting as needed
• Repair existing set pieces, soft goods
• Fabricate, repair, and re-fit road cases
• Fabricate required set pieces per plans
• Interact with clients and speakers in an upbeat, positive, and professional manner
• Must be able to lift, pull, push and carry 50 lbs. or more.
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes weekdays, weekends, evenings and holidays.
• Must be able and willing to walk and stand for long periods of time.
• Must be able to multitask while maintaining a positive attitude
• Must be ready and willing to travel extensively
• Must exhibit leadership in maintaining a safe working environment
Electrical Panel Builder
Serra, an EandM Company, is looking for a skilled Electrical (Control) Panel Builder
A Day in the Life of an Electrical Panel Builder:
- Creating and implementing applications for Industrial Automation Systems
- Being part of a passionate team that works closely together for success.
- Going on-site to work with our clients, including installations.
- Paying close attention to detail throughout the process as this is critical for achieving success.
- Being responsible to complete many tasks independently
- Being part of a professional team of committed, long term employees who love what they do and love where they work.
- Read blueprints and electrical schematics to perform the electrical assembly
- Identify electrical components such as breakers, disconnect switches, starters, relays, timers, overloads, etc.
- Wire panels with various wire sizes
- Drilling and tapping panels
- Layout of panel conduit, transformers, CTs, relays and circuit breakers
- Operate knockout punches, jigsaws, hole saws, etc.
- Wire panels using point to point wiring
What Can You Expect at Serra?
- Serra serves clients in a wide range of industries; our clients include wineries, semiconductor manufacturers, and everything in between.
- To learn more about us, please visit our websites: http://www.serra.com/serra/ and http://eandm.com/
How to Apply......
- No phone calls or drop-ins will be accepted.
- Please respond with a resume and cover letter. Specific details on your areas of expertise are appreciated.
- This is a full-time position with a comprehensive benefits package that would work out of our office in Healdsburg.
Experience and Skills
- Strong electrical skills
- Great attention to detail
- Able to route, terminate and dress harness neatly
- Must be motivated and driven
- Must possess excellent organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to new and changing work environments
- Ability to perform basic testing and troubleshooting
1-3 years' experience building electrical panels or equivalent
Must be able to alternate standing and sitting positions
* Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation: Starting salary: $15-$20/hourly, DOE
Generous benefits package that includes:
- 401k Retirement
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) and Short-Term Disability (STD) Supplemental after one year
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!