Modeler Job Description Sample
Altair ProductDesign is a global, multi-disciplinary product development consultancy of more than 700 designers, engineers, scientists, and creative thinkers. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Altair Engineering, Inc. (www.altair.com), this cross-functional organization is best known for its leadership in combining human and machine creativity to fuel innovation, automate processes, and develop new methods. Altair ProductDesign firmly advocates a user-centered, team-based design approach, and utilizes proprietary simulation and optimization technologies to help clients bring innovative, profitable products to market faster.
DESIGNER LEVEL 3 QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES
10 years of Automotive Design Experience in one or more of the following areas:
Electrical / Wire Harness
10 years of modeling experience in a Parametric CAD system
A minimum of 10,000 hours of parametric modeling experience on CATIA V5.
CATIA V5 experience should include the following workbenches: Part Design, Generative Shape Design, Assembly Design, Drafting.
Must be able to effectively communicate in English
Conduct packaging / layout studies.
Develop updatable parametric CATIA V5 2D Drawings & 3D models using TEMA specified design process.
Review class 'A' surface supplied by styling to identify data quality concerns.
Develop B side surface for plastic parts; include manufacturing tool requirements to meet TEMA standards.
Develop surface for sheet metal components; include manufacturing tool requirements to meet TEMA standards.
Perform blend filleting and pass Level E certification.
Check shading quality of blend filleted part data prior to release.
Prepare 2D drawings as required to define engineering intent.
Check data for accuracy / integrity; make repairs to achieve TEMA requirements for tangency, gap, and content.
Accurately complete a part / drawing requirement check sheet.
Calculate blank shapes and material yield for body shell parts.
Create PowerCopies to automate creation of common features.
Complete daily progress tracking sheets.
Prepare and negotiate engineer / designer communication and open issue sheets; return completed data to TEMA Engineer with clear status report for open issues.
Prepare process documentation using Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
Lead oneself and potentially others in design related activity.
RMS is looking for an exceptional individual to support our real-time tropical cyclone modeling effort. We are currently recruiting for a role related to the modeling of tropical cyclone storm-surge, waves, wind, overtopping and coastal flooding in the US and other parts of the world. The modeling work carried out by this team encompasses all steps from hazard modeling to loss modeling. The department has an engaged working environment with a clear scientific, motivated and technological atmosphere.
Real-time event modeling and analysis with some shift work required during hurricane season;
Building and developing the storm surge, wave, and wind model components;
Evaluating model results (both hazard and loss) through comparison to observational and loss benchmarks;
Developing new modeling approaches for the next generation RMS(one) platform;
Advancing model development by researching and implementing novel scientific techniques;
Communicating research to colleagues, clients, and other internal and external stakeholders.
PHD. or M.S. with research experience related to storm-surge or other aspects of coastal ocean modeling. Strong candidates with a different but equivalent profile will also be considered;
Experience working in a UNIX or Linux environment;
Experience with numerical models (such as Storm Surge, Waves, AGCMs, OGCMs, CGCMs, regional models or mesoscale models);
Experience handling large data sets;
Deep understanding of statistics and stochastic modeling;
Experience with data analysis and programming languages (e.g. Python, Fortran, R, GIS);
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences;
Peer-reviewed publications in the fields of oceanographic, atmospheric, and engineering sciences.
MDM Data Modeler
Location: Atlanta, GA.
The MDM Data Architect will implement and support the Master Data Management platform.
He/she provides input and support for, and performs full systems life cycle management activities (e.g., analysis, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.).
He/she participates in planning and execution for new projects and enhancements including estimation, task and resource planning. He/she performs component, data, security and integration architecture design and testing to meet business requirements.
He/she collaborates with teams and supports emerging technologies to ensure effective communication and achievement of objectives.
- 15+ years of application development experience with minimum 5 years’ hands on experience modeling data and developing database for master data management and/or similar enterprise application(s) in financial services, payment services or customer relationship management domains.
- Ability and proven experience in translating business needs of regional and global applications and business processes into data requirements.
- Ability to independently lead working sessions with cross functional teams to understand and analyze impact of requirements and changes to data structures.
- Ability to independently review data model with all stakeholders such as enterprise architects, solution architects, development teams and business.
- Proven experience in developing conceptual, logical and physical data model for customer and product domains using tools such as Power Designer.
- Utilize standards and best practices to define and articulate models and document them according to the enterprise standards and guidelines.
- Solid understanding of master data concepts, processes, and tools including data modeling, data profiling, data quality assessment, data integration and data governance.
- Experience in using SQL & other data extraction, reporting and analytic tools to develop, test, monitor and troubleshoot systems related issues in Oracle or similar database.
- Expertise in performing source/target data analysis, data quality assessment, data validation and data reconciliation.
- Design and implement batch data integration, develop data mappings and data load routines and other artifacts necessary to implement ETL/ELT type integrations.
- Ability to work with cross technical teams to diagnose issues and optimize performance of database queries.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with MDM customer and/or product domain data architecture Preferred skills:
- Experience with Orchestra EBX 5.7.x or higher.
- Experience in shell scripting in Red Hat Linux environment.
- Experience in CRM applications such as Salesforce.com.
Central Business Solutions, Inc,
37600 Central Ct.
Newark, CA 94560.
Location: Providence, RI.
Job Level Specific Duties :
• Works on multiple applications.
• Provides informal mentoring to less experienced colleagues.
• Develops innovative and creative output based on interpretation and analysis.
• Participates and may lead critical projects, customer engagements or business processes.
• Provides design and documentation at an application or function capability level.
• Participates in establishing and maintaining application standards and processes.
• Effectively communicates application and technical direction to the business and within the customer's IT organization.
• Advises on issues of systems integration, compatibility, scalability and multiple platforms. Typical Years of Experience
• Typically requires 4-6 years relevant experience. Minimum Education and Certifications
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Strong understanding of at least one programming language.
• Strong knowledge of coding, testing, and debugging applications.
• Strong knowledge of application configuration, maintenance and support.
• Applies a broad knowledge of application programming and design to analyze and isolate issues.
• Exceptional ability to effectively troubleshoot program errors.
• General understanding of how technology decisions relate to business needs. Physical Requirements/ Working Conditions
• Ability to physically perform general office requirements.
• Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Significant travel including overnight domestic or international trips may be required.
Five years' experience in Database Administration including installation, configuration; strong knowledge and experience in writing complicated PL/SQL.
Five years' experience in configuring and administrating database including taking back ups and daily routine maintenance tasks. Five years' experience in modeling database objects using Erwin.
Five years' experience as a strong SQL developer and Data Modeler, who can assist the application team with the optimization of their queries modeling new database requirements.
Central Business Solutions, Inc,
37600 Central Ct.
Newark, CA 94560
Data Modeler - FS Poly
Our client provides custom software development services on numerous government contracts and offers a suite of software products to government and commercial customers. They have all the accolades you could hope for in a potential employer. They've been dubbed one of the best places to work a number of times by multiple outlets and have been listed among the top software development firms in the region. They create an environment where teamwork can flourish and their software product suite increases a team's efficiency and ability to work together. They offer exceptional salaries, a sought-after work culture, numerous opportunities, and a strong benefits package. If you're interested to hear what all the fuss is about, it may be time to talk with our client.
They are looking for a ASDF Data Modeler to join their team.
- Experience data modeling and mapping techniques
- Experience with ASDF
- Experience with customer legacy data formats
- Experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML) and XML technologies (XSDs and schemas, and XML generation), ontologies, and semantics.
- Experience/Knowledge of TechSIGINT data,
- Experience with Data Modeling techniques like Resource Description Framework (RDF), Schema (RDFS), and OWL-based technologies
- Experience using Sybase PowerDesigner
- Knowledge of the ELDM
The work is located in the Annapolis Junction area and requires a Full-Scope Polygraph.
cjobs-cat:"IT - Software"
Sr. Data Modeler
Primary Responsibilities Include (But Are Not Necessarily Limited To):
- Uses a variety of information gathering techniques (e.g., interviews, facilitation, diagrams) to gather complex business data requirements from Business teams
- Coordinate data models, data dictionaries, and other database documentation across multiple applications
- Leads design reviews of data deliverable such as models, data flows, and data quality assessments
- Perform data analysis, discovery, profiling and identify cause of data issues and work with broader team to resolve
- Develop solid understanding of the various source data sets and assist in laying out the overall data design solutions
- Promotes data modeling standardization, defines and drives adoption of the standards
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Research and adapt new market trends for emerging data modeling tools and techniques and prepare white papers
- Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant work experience.
- 8+ years in Data Modeling role proficient with entity relation diagrams, logical/physical data models creation, review, and analysis and issue resolution
- Experience working with and creating data architecture
- Experience with data warehousing and data modeling tools such as Erwin, MagicDraw
- Experience with data mapping (ETL data mapping with defined technical and business rules. Complex logic, not only 1:1 data mapping)
- Experience with data modeling concepts (conceptual/logical/physical/semantic, multi-dimensional models (star, snowflake), normalized/denormalized models)
- Experience driving data design and end to end processing
- Experience with data modeling for Agile, DevOps, Cloud, JSON, Graph Database, UML is desired
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques is desired
- Experience with moderate SQL scripts (creating, reading, running, customizing)
- Strong teamwork abilities, excellent communication and customer service skills to support various project teams throughout CMS agency
- Experiences on CMS domain knowledge
Location: Lincoln, NE .
Must Have Skills :
- Ability to utilize Business Intelligence tools (Power BI) to represent insights
- Experience working with dimensionally modeled data
- Experience in creation , translating/mapping relational data models into XML and Schemas
- Expertise in data modeling principles/methods including conceptual, logical & physical Data Models
- Data analysis and modeling tools (e.g. Power Designer, ERWin, ER/Studio)
- SQL and/or PL/SQL
- RDBMS platforms (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle) Requirements for this role include: Experience in building logical models, translating the same into a physical model.
Experience in Erwin or a similar modeling tool. Knowledge on Insurance model, would help but not mandatory.
Central Business Solutions, Inc,
37600 Central Ct.
Newark, CA 94560
Business Intelligence Data Modeler III
Provide development of data warehouse/ reporting environments and related technologies support:
- Migrate, design, develop and maintain Data Warehousing Systems, Reporting Data System (RDS), Hyperion Interactive Reporting and OBIEE, specifically migrating existing Hyperion reports to OBIEE.
- Create and develop/modify program documentation by following department standards.
- Perform detailed analysis and design for specialized, business related, complex automated systems; develop specifications, develop test conditions and monitor and troubleshoot the developed systems.
- Develop and maintain reporting solutions as identified by end-user departments.
- Knowledge of system analysis and design techniques
- Knowledge of computer applications, systems programming and database management system principles
- Knowledge of SQL based database management systems (i.e. SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, etc.)
- Familiarity with relational database models and database concepts
- Knowledge of network computing environments
- Ability to develop effective solutions for application and data issues
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in written form
- Knowledge of project management concepts, techniques and tools
- Knowledge of reporting tools (i.e. OBIEE, Hyperion, Data Analyzer, Crystal Reports, Access, Cognos, Business Objects, etc.)
- Ability to learn new computer languages and software
- Ability to develop project tasks, timelines, resources assignments, etc.
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple project deadlines
- Ability to work independently and/or work as a team member on assigned projects
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
Quantitative Modeler IV
Support, develop, assess, and execute statistical, mathematical, economic, and financial models for business decision making in all areas of mortgage finance business.
- Conduct theoretical and empirical research with public and proprietary data in all areas of mortgage finance business, including mortgage products and securities, borrower behavior, investment and hedging strategies, residential property valuation, macroeconomic models including housing prices and interest rate, financial valuation of finance assets and derivatives, economic capital, and stress testing.
- Apply mathematical, statistical, and econometric techniques to provide innovative, thorough, and practical solutions to support business strategies and initiatives.
- Utilize data mining and statistical techniques to develop analytic insights, sound hypotheses, and informed recommendations.
- Identify opportunities to apply quantitative methods to improve business performance
- Ensure modeling projects are conducted in accordance with established company policies and generally-accepted modeling practices
- Develop and implement validation strategies and assess the quality and risk of model methodologies, outputs, and processes
- Understand relevant business context to properly interpret model results, monitor performance and assess risks. Conduct ad hoc quantitative analyses, modeling, or programming using SAS, SQL, R, or Python
- Communicate technical subject matter clearly and concisely, both verbally and through written communication via white papers, reports and presentations, to individuals from various backgrounds
- Collaborate effectively, work as part of a team and across organizational lines to develop and implement solutions to meet business needs; Serve as project lead
- Work autonomously guiding teams, choosing projects, and often act as SME resource across departments or as an in-house-expert
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- 6+ years of related experience
- Expert knowledge of machine learning methods and hands-on experience in applying various methods in data assessment, model development, outcome analysis, and model validation, with demonstrable awareness of interpretability of opaque relationships, computational intensive analytics, and dynamic model structure.
- Proficiency with programming languages such as Python, Java, R, and C++ . Experience with ML implementation libraries and frameworks such as NumPy, Scikit-learn, Tensor Flow, CNTK, Theano, and Spark. Experience with ML deployment on High Performance / Cloud platforms such as Amazon/Google/Azure.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis tool such as SAS and Matlab and strong database skills SQL/Oracle.
- Post-graduate level knowledge of statistics, economics, and finance and familiarity with financial and behavioral modeling in areas of capital markets and mortgage finance.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and inter-personal communication skills
- Ability to design and manage complex tasks with high level of autonomy, and provide technical guidance and coaching to junior staff.
- Must be self-motivated to gain business/institutional knowledge and learn new modeling techniques.
- Experience with model risk management a plus.
Manager, Analytics Modeler (Data Scientist)
Hilton is creating a best-in-class Data and Analytics department that will lead a connected ecosystem of data, technology, tools, techniques, people and processes. This innovative data & analytics function will drive advanced analytics and actionable insights to help drive Hilton's performance.
What will I be doing?
The Data Science Team serves as internal advanced analytics consultants to key functions across Hilton's business, bringing predictive and prescriptive analytics through Machine Language (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI). The team consists of data scientists, advanced analytics modelers, and data engineers, working closely with other Data & Analytics (DNA) teams, as well as Product Team partners.
Working with the Senior Director, Data Science, you will be directly influencing the creation and delivery of products and services that help Hilton's mission to create heartfelt experiences for our customers. You will be an ambassador bringing values of big data to fruition and serving as the primary resource for building advanced analytics models for Hilton's customer initiatives, including but not limited to propensity modeling, customer centric pricing, loyalty, user experience, next best action, search optimization, direct marketing, and Internet of Things (IoT - connected room) initiatives.
More specifically, you will:
Work closely with business and technical teams to capture, analyze and understand business requirements, translating activities and business objectives into parameters for analytical models.
Design, document, develop, code, and test advanced analytics models into scalable advanced analytics solutions in a big data environment.
Partner collaboratively with other functional teams to access data elements, understanding the data being analyzed, and identifying improvement opportunities for the data ingestion process.
Perform analysis on existing data, suggest new potential data sets to identify and foster innovative advanced analytics opportunities.
Facilitate and identify repeatable testing strategies for measuring results produced by analytics models.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for problem solvers who are passionate about data and who love to have the chance to create improvements to data management. We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
Self-starter, well organized, and an assertive teammate willing to take ownership of responsibilities with a high level of positive energy and drive
Excellent time management and project management skills that contribute to leading multiple priorities, working well under time constraints and effectively handling concurrent demands to prioritize responsibilities
Effective communicator, collaborator, influencer and solution seeker across a variety of opinions
Self-starter, detail-oriented and assertive team player, willing to take ownership of responsibilities, and possess a high level of integrity and positive attitude preferred
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
Three (3) years of professional experience
Two (2) years of hands-on experience in designing and implementing real-time statistical models and machine learning algorithms for scalable production environments
One (1) year of experience in a full life-cycle analytics model environment, including development, deployment and maintenance efforts
Exceptional problem solving capabilities, including analytical, quantitative and statistical skills
Solid experience with programming skills: R, Python, Spark/Scala, Java, C/C++ and SQL
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
MA/MS Master's Degree
Two (2) years of hands-on experience in optimization, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, and/or deep learning
Two (2) years of hands-on experience working on projects related to Personalization, Sales and Marketing, Customer Analytics, Digital Analytics, and/or Loyalty
Exposure to IoT technology
Knowledge of data structure and management, Business Intelligence (BI) and dashboard reporting in a big data environment
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!