Mold Closer Job Description Sample
Mold Maintenance Mechanic
- Plan, sequence and lay out work operations in the fabrication, assembly, repair, rework, routine and preventative maintenance of all tool types and materials, including prototype and/or automated tool control systems.
- Ensure tools and parts meet engineering requirements, specifications and tolerances for dimension, shape, contour, location and coordination.
- Conduct electrical testing as required for incoming molds and preventive maintenance; record results.
- Provide tooling and mold change support and training to manufacturing as required.
- Fulfill manufacturing schedules to meet customer requirements, following priorities with regards to daily mold setup, cleaning and mold repair.
- Use and interpret tool and engineering drawing, blueprints, sketches, production parts, computing systems, and verbal and/or written instructions to accomplish assignments.
- Use all types of power and non-power equipment (both hand-held and floor mounted) to accomplish assignments and operations.
- Complete processes including cutting, grinding, spotting, hand finish, shaping, bending, deburring, drilling, model layout, reaming, tapping, wiring, lay up, plumbing, pneumatics, and weld preparation using documented processes and procedures.
- Document, maintain, and track inventories of molds, tooling, and spares for all tool types.
- Use any and all required precision measuring instruments and methods necessary to complete and check own work.
- Identify and select appropriate equipment, tools, and materials used in the fabrication, maintenance, and rework of tools.
- Coordinate with outside Machine Shops in the fabrication, assembly, repair, rework, routine, and preventative maintenance of all tool types and materials; documenting status as required.
- Provide support within the maintenance department as required.
- Follow all established safety rules and guidelines as outlined in the Employee Handbook, Amcor Safety Toolkit, and as stated in the various safety-related training programs. This includes, but is not limited to, lockout/tagout, electrical code safe practices, and confined space entry programs.
- Understand and communicate all hazards and safety issues to the appropriate personnel. Properly use all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- May perform other related assignments as needed.
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills,
- Must have analytical problem-solving and decision making ability,
- Knowledge and demonstrated skill in operating conventional and CNC machine tools required,
- Strong mathematical skills,
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals,
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers & customers,
- Five (5) plus years of experience working in tooling facility, preferably plastic injection molding, and
- Journeyman Certificate required, Mold & Tool Maker preferred.
- To observe all safety rules/regulations and perform duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- To show-up for work on time and work all scheduled shifts.
- To set an example that is consistent with the position held within the company.
- To provide general mechanics tools.
- To carry out duties and responsibilities in a positive way and in the spirit of cooperation and support of others.
- To fully meet the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- To effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to changing work requirements.
- To demonstrate schedule flexibility as needed to manage projects, cover vacations, or other absences and call-ins for areas of expertise. This may include night and weekend work, if required.
- To actively support the decisions and policies of the company and its management.
- To treat people fairly, equally and with respect and to settle for no less in return.
- To be honest at all times and to conduct oneself with the highest degree of personal integrity.
- To communicate the right information, to the appropriate people, in an effective and timely manner.
- To actively expand personal knowledge of the business and related areas as they pertain to this role within the organization, encouraging others to do the same.
- To take “pride” in the company and help make it a success.
- Continuous noise of 85dB.
- Frequent exposure to vibration, dust, humidity.
- This is a medium physical demand job.
- Lift/push/pull up to 1000 pounds 50 feet using a hydraulic hand jack (this is the equivalent of a static push/pull of approximately 70 pounds).
- Coworkers frequently required to work in tight spaces around hot machine parts.
- Coworkers may be required to stand and/or walk up to 11 hours on a concrete floor.
- Coworkers are required to; bend, turn/twist; kneel; squat; crawl; climb; reach out and up; turn wrist; grasp; pinch; and have finger manipulations.
Mold Technician - Injection/Compression Molding
Silgan Closures is a renowned supplier of value-added closure systems for food and beverage products in North and South America. In Champaign, Silgan specializes in plastic closures for sports drinks, waters, teas, juices, and dairy products. Our injection and compression molding process ensures the highest quality for our customers.
We currently have an opening for a Mold Technician on the night shift. The schedule would be 5:45 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday one week, then Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday the next.
That two week schedule repeats all year giving you 14-15 days off per month. We offer $1.00/hr night shift premium with a base rate of pay between $21 and $24/hr.
The Mold Technician is responsible for setting up a variety of automatic molding machines and secondary operations and producing high quality parts. The tech will run new mold piece part samples, maintain production runs, and troubleshoot mold machine problems.
Must be able to understand process and communicate with team, maintenance and the management staff.
Must observe safety and security procedures, report potentially unsafe conditions and use equipment and materials properly.
Must comply with GMP, Food Safety and HACCP pre-req programs related to activities performed for this position. (Will be trained)
High school diploma or GED required
2 years related experience in plastic molding preferred.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an "at-will" basis.
Silgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
Silgan is a drug-free workplace.
Injection Mold Technician
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity?
We currently have direct hire, full-time opening for a 3rd shift for Injection Mold Technician in our Grand Prairie, TX office. If you are looking for a fast paced environment where you can make a difference every day, then this is the opportunity for you! The Injection Molding Technician is responsible for set up and process of the injection molding machines to produce quality parts. Viewed as a subject matter expert (SME), this position will serve to train and guide others.
Your day will be very busy… you will:
Contributes to the assignment of tasks, checking of work, and maintenance of schedules.This position may contribute to training, development and performance management of staff.
Functions as a team member within the department as well as cross-functionally as required, contributing to the set-up, operation and processing of injection molding machines to mold thermoplastic parts or products as necessary.
Responsible for meeting the stated quality levels on products fabricated or prepared.
Perform mold changes for injection molding machines when required; routinely uses overhead crane.
Clean and set up material dyers for the proper materials.
Perform routine maintenance on machines.
Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work environment, assuring the safety of employees, and reporting any unsafe areas or acts in the workplace.
The right person to join our team is...
A dependable, honest, hard-working person who enjoys teamwork and is a positive influence on others. Someone who is detail oriented, focused on accuracy and is able to multi-task and communicate effectively.
What your background will be:
High School Diploma or equivalent and 5+ years of injection molding technical experience. Some college or continuing education desired.
RJG Master Molder I or Paulson ProMolder 1 certification highly desired but not required.
Computer proficient to include web browser/internet search, MS Outlook, Word and Excel capabilities. Technical competence includes the ability to learn new software and systems.
The ability to read and understand part drawings and assigned production schedules.
What we can offer you...
Our insurance benefits are effective the 1st of the month after your hire date.
- Medical /Dental /Vision plans • PTO (paid time off) • Holiday Pay • Life Insurance / STD / LTD
Work Schedules include….
- 11:30pm – 8:00am
In 2015 and 2016 Breg was awarded The National Business Research Institute (NBRI) circle of Excellence Award for employee engagement AND Breg has been awarded as one of the Best Places to work in San Diego in 2014 by "The U-T San Diego Top Workplaces".
If you meet the requirements above and would like to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.breg.com and click on the 'Careers' section.
Breg is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and dedicated to a diverse work force and Drug Free work environment. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Technimark is a customized Injection Molding company with our corporate headquarters located in Asheboro, NC. We've worked for more than 30 years to create packaging for products that place today's leading consumer products into the homes of families around the world.
We have immediate openings for Mold Makers.
These candidates would assist with the efficient operation by maintaining all molds in a production ready state. Supports manufacturing by repairing, servicing and performing engineering changes as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Repairs, cleans, services and performs engineering changes on all molds.
Constructs gauges and fixtures as required.
High school diploma or GED required.
Three years experience in Injection Molding preferred.
Mechanical background/experience preferred.
Completion of the tool and die maker apprenticeship program and/or equivalent experience required.
Good communication and Interpersonal Skills.
Basic Computer experience.
Background/drug screen required.
Technimark offers a competitive salary and benefits package including: 401k, Medical and Dental, Vacation and Holidays, and tuition reimbursement.
Mold Maintenance Technician
To blend, mount and fabricate roto mold tooling to support the roto molding department. Fill out all logs to track tooling history and new mold planning.
Safely bend machined castings.
Track, record and update tasks to plan mold production.
Utilizing basic hand tools and power tools in mold fabrication.
Weld clamps on, flatten flanges, adjust jack bolts.
Troubleshoot roto mold tooling. Assist operators in troubleshooting lines.
Performing STOP safety audits and entering data in Auditmatic (STOP Database).
Perform other tasks as requested by the supervisor.
High school diploma or GED.
Strong mechanical aptitude is required. Industrial mechanical experience is preferred.
Knowledge of calipers, micrometers and other measuring tools is required.
3 years related welding experience preferred.
Basic computer skills required.
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds individually, higher with partner.
Must be able to drive a forklift.
Must have a safety first mindset.
Good understanding of basic math and able to communicate with supervisor and co-workers both verbally and in writing. Understands basic principles of welding and machining.
Must be able to work overtime with little or no notice
Good organizational skills, attention to detail, and housekeeping.
Must have a positive attitude and a good working relationship with other employees.
Wear required PPE.
Follow all Company Policies.
Job functions will require standing, walking, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, climbing ladders, and clasping in hands during workday.
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world's largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.
Job Description: SummaryUnder general supervision, the Mold Technician maintains inventory in the JobBoss system. Work with the mold shop and vendors in obtaining quotes and ordering spare components. Process incoming new and repaired components for inspection and assist in disposition and closing of Tooling Discrency Reports (TDR's) for components failing inspection.
Read and interpret blueprints and mold component drawings. Assist with assuring that the Mold Drawing Change Notice (MDCN) procedure is followed.
Process incoming new and repair steel components for measurement and assist in disposition of components through TDR process that do not pass inspection.
Verify and sign off new mold validation requirements for spares component stocking plans.
Assist in maintaining electronic drawing files.
Maintain the pin room inventory system (JobBoss). Acquire and maintain knowledge to keep accurate inventory, generate financial reports, purchase data, and budget expenditure reports.
Clean, inspect, lap, fit and return components to inventory storage. Maintain mold changeover components sets in ready condition for changeovers.
Communicate and work closely with both inside and outside resources in obtaining quotes and ordering spare components.
Responsible for the use, security and budget limits of purchase cards. Verify purchase statements by maintaining accurate spending records. Fill out purchase requisitions for supporting documentation as needed.
Initiate shipping requests and prepare components for shipment to outside vendors as needed.
Safeguard components with proper handling/storage containers and follow/enforce spare part replacement/checkout policy.
Communicate with and support Engineering for requests for component storage and use.
Comply with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures including RCRA Hazardous waste regulations.
Comply with all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
Other duties as assigned.
A.S./A.A. degree or equivalent experience.
Minimum of two (2) years molding experience.
Working knowledge of the following software: Microsoft® Word, and Excel. Will be required to learn and become proficient with JobBoss, BuySmart and applicable applications in SAP.
Ability to read blueprints and mold component drawings is preferred, if no experience reading blueprints candidate must be able to learn and become proficient at reading them quickly.
Must be able to occasionally lift 25 pounds.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status.
Primary Work LocationUSA UT - Sandy
Work Shift1st Shift 7am-330pm (United States of America)
Mold & Tool Maker
The primary responsibility of the Mold & Tool Maker is to Construct, modify, repair and clean molds for use within the production workforce.
Interpret instructions, drawings, sketches and work orders from received from Production personnel/supervision, and Engineering.
Plan and determine working procedure for tools and material requirements. Manufacture tools, jigs and fixtures needed to complete assigned tasks. Develop sketches of parts and perform layout as required. Calculate and determine dimensions and indices. Use data, shop formulas and reference material as required.
Select and grind tools for the job considering hardness, machine ability, desired finish and other properties of parts to be machined.
Set up and operate all machine tools common to the trade. Adjust stops, feeds, speeds and indexing, tapering or threading attachments to perform all types of operations for which the machine is adapted. Machine and hand finish part to precision tolerances and required surface. Use precision measuring instruments. Create and use CNC programs as required.
Assemble, fit, align and adjust parts to required tolerances.
Perform routine maintenance of equipment and tooling, including preventive maintenance and maintaining cleanliness of equipment and work area.
Follow all safety requirements and OSHA standards.
The ideal candidate will have 2-4 years of experience in an injection molding tool/die construction facility and able to demonstrate solid experience with the following:
Machine shop equipment (CNC, mill, lathe, grinders, EDM, welders, etc.)
Tool steels (selection, working/machining, heat treat, compatible materials)
Root Cause Analysis
Metrology equipment (calipers, micrometers, hardness testing, etc.)
High school diploma or equivalent
A minimum of 2-4 years' mold making and repair experience.
Mechanical skills to operate applicable machines, tools and equipment
Mathematic skills to calculate and determine dimensions, tapers, indices and formulas used in the industry
Strong knowledge of machine shop and tool room practices.
Strong knowledge of various material properties, the principles of application as well as the operations of various types of tools, fixtures, dies, instruments and machinery.
Strong knowledge of all types of hand, power and pneumatic tools; machine shop tools and cutters; manual and CNC machine tools; mills; die finishing equipment and compounds; heat treating equipment; lathes; grinders; measurement tools; computers; data collection equipment; testing and diagnostic equipment; lifting equipment; etc.
Strong knowledge of hazardous and flammable materials, lubrications and coolants, cutting oils, grinding compounds and other processing materials, compressed and liquefied gases, repair kits, spare parts, raw stock material, service manuals and instructions, engineering drawings and sketches.
Blow Mold Tech CDM
As the nation's leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we're also committed to developing our people – enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of four business units: Corporate, Retail, Supply Chain and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you'll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that's challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You'll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It's a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions – all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
JOB SUMMARY – Support the team to achieve plan by continuously improving on process efficiency and line performance. Support the NCE process and work as a team member to improve changeovers, PM's, continuous improvement project completion and other assignments outside of the department as needed. Support and actively manage troubleshooting and preventive maintenance training programs to maximize equipment availability and minimize DH. Ability to cross train in other areas of the plant will be necessary.
Maintaining, repairing, planning, coordinating and performing maintenance tasks to include unplanned failures, PM's, minor rebuilds and major overhauls on all container manufacturing equipment.
A strong commitment to the NCE process in regards to container manufacturing continuous improvements including planned and unplanned DH events.
Attend daily debrief and shift hand off meetings
Streamline preventative maintenance program to help reduce costs of operations by continually improving PM procedures. Creative problem solving skills for improvements and enhancements.
Support the SPC data collection and utilize data to perform predictive maintenance.
Data reporting – responsible for completion and understanding of SPC, EIT, SAM, SAP and daily CM responsibilities – also has the ability to assist others in learning these areas.
Work with operations team to improve changeovers, repeatability, reliability and efficiency.
Communicate, coach and train employees to continuously improve team's ability to respond to equipment failures and loss of production. Teaching people a proactive approach to minimize down time.
Support the NWNA Food Safety Management System by ensuring compliance with all FSMS-related procedures, policies and obligations. Proactive approach against any HACCP, CCP, GMP or FSMS violations in container manufacturing.
Use SAP system to generate, retrieve work orders, and parts checkout for PM completion and breakdowns
Ability to vary schedule as needed to support team or Production needs.
Responsible for factory air usage with the high pressure system.
Develop a high level of troubleshooting at a Sidel/Husky technician level to be able to resolve complex issues and pass down the knowledge to other technicians.
Read manufacturing instructions, manual and technical schematics (mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic)
Complete welding and fabrication projects when needed
Involved in all department KPI improvements using the DMAIC approach (ex. – air, electrical, etc.)
Three to Five or more year's proven maintenance and operations experience in a manufacturing environment.
Must be able maintain daily operating tasks and mechanical operations.
A strong initiative and mindset for continuous improvement and going after projects that improve performance and reduce plant cost.
Ability to innovate and make change happen through improvements or fabrication.
Persistent with issues – has the drive to stick with an issue to resolution from a daily and controlled resolution.
Prior experience of injection press hydraulics and pneumatics is preferred.
Successfully demonstrated maintenance capability and currently regarded as a high performer.
Strong working knowledge of Husky Injection and Sidel Blowmold equipment
Familiar with both Husky and Sidel PM programs
Strong communication and interpersonal skills for interaction with all employees.
Ability to be self-managed, scheduling and performing work often unsupervised.
Proficient computer navigation skills, including the use of Microsoft Office applications.
Available for call-ins or to cover all shifts to support production teams as required.
Must display a positive mental attitude and be open to a fast paced ever changing work environment.
Reliable, motivated, dedicated and committed – the "willingness to do whatever it takes" attitude.
IMPORTANT POSTING NOTICE
All internal applicants must follow the internal application process by first applying in NesCareers, then notifying their resource by completing the Job Posting Application Form available at the HR Office. All forms must be submitted within 7 days of posting.
Agency Temps or Seasonals must have successfully completed Boot Camp, 45 day evaluation and/or 120 day evaluation.
To our veterans and separated service members: you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills that you have gained while serving our country, such as adaptability, agility, and leadership, are aligned with the skills that we look for when we think about what success looks like at Nestle. We hope that you will consider sharing in our mission and purpose to enhance quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
Nestlé Waters North America is the nation's leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, Nestlé Pure Life, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. We're passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship – most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you'll receive a competitive total rewards package – something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It's not just the work that you'll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you'll receive exactly the kind of benefits you'd expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at Nestlé Waters?
For company news and information, please visit www.nestlewatersnorthamerica.com. You can find us on Facebook under Nestle Waters North America Careers, on LinkedIn at Nestle Waters North America and Twitter @NestleWatersJob.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Company IntroductionMagna International is one of the largest automotive suppliers in the world – We are committed to delivering product and process innovations through our world-class manufacturing operations that combine our unique design, engineering and program management expertise. At the heart of our operating structure is a powerful entrepreneurial culture and Fair Enterprise philosophy, which builds ownership and inspires pride in our employees.
Job IntroductionThis individual constructs, repairs and performs preventative maintenance on injection molds using prints and sketches as required. Also performs machining and assembly of prototypes, tools, fixtures and gauges.
Major Responsibilities1.Performs intricate and detailed welding repairs, color matching, re-spotting, engineering changes, insert work, hand benching, peening, texturing, polishing and glass spotting. Tolerances may need to be as close as .0001.\r
2.Performs preventative maintenance on injection molds including: disassembly, inspection, repair and replacement of springs, ejector pins, hydraulic cylinders, limit switches, etc.\r
3.Reads and interprets blueprints, schematics and machine manuals in order to build and repair molds and tools. Requires understanding of sections, views and projections.\r
4.Fabricates parts with or without sketches and prints using lathe, mill, drill press and welder. Operates testing equipment, power tools, hand tools, torches, welders and precision measuring instruments.\r
5.Performs heat treating of steels, such as hardening, annealing and drawing.\r
6.Operates drill press, radial drill, milling machines, lathe, grinder, welder, torch, bench tools, spotting press, boring mill and CNC mill.\r
7.Performs precise handwork of in-mold steel to create special shapes and forms.\r
8.Routinely contacts suppliers or manufacturers and suppliers on mold information, repair issues, improvement needs and shipping instructions.\r
9.Influences mold design by providing input on the design of vents, cores, gates and gate placement to engineering.\r
10.Installs service electronics, pneumatics and hydraulics associated with mold repairs.\r
11.Assists other team members in meeting department requirements. Serves as a resource to production, engineering and other plant personnel.\r
12.Maintains and improves knowledge and skill requirements in all required trade areas.\r
13.Maintains user knowledge of tools, testing equipment, measuring instruments, conveyance and material handling equipment.\r
14.Operates company vehicles, conveyance and material handling equipment.\r
15.Completes appropriate paperwork, mold documentation and maintenance records.\r
16.Maintains a clean, organized and safe work environment.\r
17.Trains and guides work of apprentices.\r
Knowledge and Education1.High School diploma or equivalent.\r
2.Completion of a 5 year apprenticeship program certified by the U.S. Department of Labor.\r
3.Must obtain and maintain a valid powered industrial truck operator permit and a State of Michigan Driver's License.\r
4.Must be able to work with a minimum of supervision and guidance. \r
5.Requires the use of judgment, organization, initiative, teamwork, creativity, problem solving and commitment to tasks.\r
6.Requires bending, heavy lifting, reaching, working in cramped and confined spaces.\r
7.Commitment to continuous learning.\r
Injection Mold Senior Technician - 2Nd And 3Rd
Do you want to work for a smart, international company that’s as committed to its employees and best practices as it is to its manufacturing processes? At Cartamundi, the world leader in the manufacturing of playing cards and board games, you’ll find a high performing, team-driven, family-centered culture.
We bring a love and passion into every game we manufacture for kids of all ages throughout the world. Our secret to success is a highly skilled, motivated workforce that believes in our company purpose: Sharing the Magic of Playing Together!
We offer competitive pay, excellent health benefits, and a great 401(K). Apply today and discover the magic of making a difference at Cartamundi!
In this multi-functional position, you will be part of the 2nd shift molding team on our manufacturing floor, where you'll work in an automated molding process to produce product as well as support the department in other molding production tasks.
As Senior Molding Technician your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining and controlling process conditions on a group of molding machines, robots and related processes to ensure quality and quantity production standards are met
- Following documented work instructions, monitoring materials, molds, equipment, cycle times, and part quality
- Resolving issues related to tooling alignment, part handling, runner containment, part placement, process, etc., through proper adjustment of program coordinates, speeds, timers, sensors, and tooling hardware
- Performing preventive maintenance on machines and molds to ensure equipment and tooling are in proper working order
- Supporting the molding team in other departmental work as required to maintain the production output in accordance with the production schedule
We believe in job progression and skill advancement. Training will be provided, which includes job rotation to ensure knowledge of processes is maintained throughout the area and across various levels of work
The ideal candidate will have Injection Molding experience in a manufacturing facility, preferably with In-Mold-Labeling and high volume/high speed production. To be successful, you'll also need:
- Experience following work instructions, process documentation and procedures to ensure safe operating of all equipment while producing high quality work
- The ability to troubleshoot the current molding process using scientific molding principles and resolve issues related to production quality (such as flash, shorts, splay, burns, voids, etc.)
- The ability to create a new process using scientific molding principles to optimize cycle time and overall part quality
- The ability to troubleshoot the robot program to ensure proper adjustment of positions, speeds and timers to optimize cycle
- The ability to troubleshoot auxiliary equipment such as blenders, mold and water temperature controllers, hot stampers, welders, baggers, stakers, and specialty automation equipment
- A team-driven attitude to work together and support department initiatives such as 5S and Total Productive Maintenance Systems (TPM)
- The ability to complete production paperwork, which includes inventory accuracy
- Stand or sit for an 8-hour shift
- Repetitive grasping, pinching, pushing and pulling with arms hands, occasionally simultaneously, with and without mechanical assisted devices
- Frequently transferring objects and materials weighing up to 25 lbs
- Reaching above shoulder height to work, bending and stooping occasionally to work at different heights
- Safely mounting, dismounting and operating mobile equipment
- Moving from one area to another in the department around equipment, climb stairs, platforms and ladders
Cartamundi East Longmeadow LLC does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities
This position is a member of Local 224 RWDSU
Candidates must be 18 years old to work for Cartamundi, East Longmeadow LLC
- Competitive Pay
- Excellent health benefits
- 401(k) Matching program and profit sharing
- International Company that is the world leader in the manufacturing of playing cards and board games
- High performing, Team-Driven, Family-Oriented Culture
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!