Mold Maker Ii Job Description Sample
Mold Maker II
Works in a fast paced collaborative team environment with an NPD Engineer and a Tooling Engineer to review and refine part and mold designs, and program and operate all tool room equipment including a high speed 5-axis CNC machining center to build new fast track plastic injection molds in 8 weeks or less.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Reviews the fast track mold design and provides feedback to the Tooling Engineer to improve manufacturability and robustness of the mold
Works closely with the NPD Engineer and Tooling Engineer to assess project improvement opportunites, make decisions, and complete projects on time and under budget
Utilizes advanced CAM programming and unattended machining to support on schedule completion of in-house fast track mold builds
Plans, sets-up and performs machine and bench operations necessary to make, alter or repair molds, jigs, fixtures, dies, and gauges of complex design.
Utilizes CAM software to efficiently and accurately transform computer designs into tooling.
Operates tool room equipment in a safe and efficient manner consistent with company policies and procedures as well as industry standards.
Independently coordinates priorities and details of work to be performed with supervisor and the Manufacturing and Engineering departments.
Utilizes ERP system to obtain information for performing job duties and to provide feedback on work performed.
Provides input into design reviews for new tooling and repair or enhancement of existing tooling.
Investigates and recommends processes or designs for repairing or enhancing tooling.
Provides input into tool room equipment upgrades, additions, and deletions.
Available to work on weekends, holidays or off hours to support business needs
All other duties as assigned either written or verbal.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Associate's (A. A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school, a journeyman level Tool & Die Maker with 10 years experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
A high degree of mechanical and technical skill and a comprehensive knowledge of tooling and injection molding processes is required.
May perform a variety or operations at a high skill or a wide variety of operations at a moderate skill.
Familiar with injection molding design and fabrication technology.
Ability to work from blueprints, CAD models, diagrams or samples to very close tolerances.e
Must be able to successfully use inspection devices (i.e. microscopes, calipers, gauge pins, optical comparator, etc.)
Must possess good interpersonal communication skills to interface with engineers, manufacturing personnel and other Mold Makers.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Proficient in use and navigation of Windows operating system and computer aided manufacturing programs in a networked environment. Functional understanding of Outlook E-mail, Excel and Word.
Proficient in use of one or more of these software tools (i.e. AutoCAD, Solid Works, Solid Edge, Pro-E, MasterCam, Gibbs, etc.) is required.
Upon completion of training, employee must be able to successfully navigate through VoxWare (i.e. ERP System)
Uses intuition and experience to complement data
Generates creative solutions
Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
Completes projects on time and budget
Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things
Listens and gets clarification
Exhibits confidence in self and others
Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
Conserves organizational resources
Adapts strategy to changing conditions
Prioritizes and plans work activities
Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
Strives to increase productivity
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear, frequently required to sit, occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The ability to read and interpret details on a computer screen, drawing, or a physical part often in multiple colors is required. Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment where the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles, occasionally exposed to wet/and or humid conditions, high, precarious places, vibration and where the byproducts of machining of metal components, and plastic injection parts exists (i.e. coolants, plastic dust, noise up to 80 db, etc.). The majority of work time will be at a CAM work station or operating tool room equipment.
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sr. Specialist - Tool & Mold Maker Machinist
Researches, plans, designs, and develops mechanical products such as molds, fixtures, jigs and machinery.
Applies research to the planning, design, development, and testing of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems instruments, controls, engines, and/or machines.
Supports the success of the function and teams within the function by providing effective technical services and accurate information for overall effectiveness.
Interacts with internal and external contacts to provide clear straightforward effective and factual communication and information.
Prepares molds, fixtures, jigs and machinery based on work orders and drawings.
Sets up and operates manual and complex Computerized Numerical Control (CNC) machine shop equipment in a safe manner.
Maintains a broad awareness of the roles of immediate team members and the work function.
Resolves limited and non-routine problems as required.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters: If you'd like to view a copy of the Alcon's affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email email@example.com.
Job Number: 5409
Job Title: Mold Maker
Location: Des Moines, IA
Relocation Available: Yes
Our client, located in Des Moines, Iowa, is currently seeking to fill the position of Mold Maker. We need someone who will improve the efficiency of our team as a whole. If you are a hard worker, efficient with your time, a quick learner, and a great attitude. We are looking to fill this position quickly so apply today!
This 25+ year old molding company specializing in 2-shot, insert micro, and micro molding and serving the medical, micro-electronics, micro-optics, automotive electronics, military, and aerospace markets. They provide design for manufacturability, tooling, mold building, automation, and packaging.
This person will complete assigned engineering tasks as needed to build plastic injection molds. Use various machining techniques to produce a quality plastic part that meets the requirements of the customer. Provide tooling support to the engineering, production, quality and maintenance departments.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Two-year Tool & Die Degree or four years’ experience in tooling or mold making preferred.
- Experience using mold-making tools such as metal saws, mills, grinders, lathes, EDM sinkers, EDM Hole Burner and CNC Mill.
- Knowledge of Windows based CAD programs such as Master cam, AutoCAD and Solid Works.
- Clean and maintain production tools and molds.
- Build components for new tools, existing tools and molds through the use of tool room equipment, using designs created by the engineering department. Read and interpret plans from paper drawings or computer files.
- May be assigned role as Project Leader for the building of new tools.
- Using toolmakers scope, measures, examines, diagnoses and trouble-shoots new and existing molds to make improvements or corrections.
- Work as a team with project leaders to ensure that projects are finished quickly and precisely.
- Other duties as required.
- Computer Skills: Ability to operate personal computer. Knowledge of Windows based CAD programs such as Master cam, AutoCAD and Solid Works.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, comprehend, and utilize instructions and short correspondence with professionals. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratios, percent and use trigonometry. Ability to read and understand complicated designs and drawings.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Ability to direct work task to others if you are assigned the lead role in a project.
- 2nd shift 2:00 PM - 10:30 PM Monday- Friday (5% shift differential).
- 3rd shift 10:00 PM - 6:30 AM Monday- Friday (15% shift differential).
Master Mold Maker
Constructs, alters and repairs a variety of molds, tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges and special machines. Operates CNC and EDM equipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Sets up and operates tool room machinery to perform complex work of high accuracy and finish meeting close dimensions and specifications.
2. Constructs and assembles complex tooling, molds, fixtures, jigs and gauges from prints, sketches and verbal explanations to meet customer requirements with minimal supervisor's direction.
3. Utilizes CAD to develop print design or make changes, adjustments as required to meet quality requirements.
4. Operates CNC and EDM equipment as needed.
5. Trouble shoots all molds, tools jigs and fixtures.
6. Directs work to mold makers and Tool Room personnel as assigned during the tool room leader's absence.
7. Performs heat treatment on molds, tools, etc. as required.
8. Changes print dimensions in order to meet proper assembly of tooling with supervisor's approval.
9. Provides apprenticeship training as required.
10. Repairs, interchanges and adjusts molds as required.
11. Attends training as required to achieve benchmark quality performance
12. Performs job in a safe manner to meet company safety goals.
13. Meets or exceeds department and company goals
14. Refers extremely complex problems to supervisor or leader.
15. Performs all related work tasks as assigned.
16. Follows all company policies and procedures
1. Participates in Kaizen or Lean events as required
2. Follows and maintains 5s requirements
3. Works with little supervision and helps train other mold makers
1. Thorough knowledge for mold/tool fabrication, injection molding and tool room machinery.
2. Knowledge of CAD/CAM and ability to develop print design to meet customer requirements.
3. Ability to set‑up and operate tool room equipment, including CNC and EDM to meet close print dimensions and specifications.
4. Ability to construct and assemble complex tooling, molds, fixtures, jigs and gauges.
5. Advanced blue print reading is a must and ability to work from hand sketched prints from customers as required.
6. Proficient with measuring equipment
7. Working knowledge of Cad and computers
Excellent Health Benefits, Paid Vacation,Retirement
Mold Maker - 3Rd Shift - Hodges, South Carolina
As a Mold Maker at Caterpillar Inc., you will perform a variety of manual and/or machine functions related to Coremaking such as dipping, inspecting and assembling (3 or less) cores. You will also operate and/or lock out equipment to clean molding floor and reclaim or dispose of sand in basement levels.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Core box mounting
Mixing and testing core sand
Molding functions such as preparing pouring basins
Mold spraying, drying and/or venting
Operating punch-out and related equipment
Performs melting functions such as sample taking, slag skimming
Finishing functions such as riser breaking (floor)
Hand chipping, finning and wire pulling
Operates shakeouts, stand and portable grinders
Ramblast and de-finning machines
- Two years of prior work experience
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodations):
Ability to frequently lift and carry boxes weighing up to 35 pounds
Ability to stand throughout a 12-hour shift
Ability to operate heavy machinery and manufacturing equipment
Top candidates will also have:
Previous machine shop, foundry, or manufacturing experience
Verbal and written communication skills
Problem solving and decision-making
Positions are for 3rd shift
3rd shift hours are Sunday night thru Thursday morning of 7:00PM-5:30AM.
Starting wage is $12.80 plus an additional .75/hour shift differential
There is no relocation offered for these positions.
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the spam/junk folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers
Certified Mold Maker
As a trusted name in building and infrastructure for more than 50 years, we're a customer-focused company that grows through product innovation broadening the solution for the entire industry. We are dedicated to providing an engaging and positive work environment. Many of our employee’s have enjoyed working for us the greater part of their careers; we have many employees with 20, 25 and even 30 years of experience. IPEX offers opportunities for learning and advancement.
Our Pineville Plant is looking for a Mold Maker to join our Team! The successful candidate will be responsible of supporting the fittings production department. This activity is to be conducted while ensuring and maximizing safety, product, production output, housekeeping and cost control to achieve plant goals.
- Provide preventive maintenance of molds as required. Including assembling, disassembling, finishing, rust spraying, sprue brushing, water testing, checking or testing sensors on hydraulics, check ejector system, slides, switches, hydraulic cylinders and motors, cleaning molds, and lubrication.
- Create, inspect, test, maintain, repair and make modifications to tools and molds as required. Tasks may involve but are not limited to grinding, EDM, milling, drilling, polishing, engraving, turning, welding, replace, finishing, rust spraying, lubricating, cut and/or measure new ejector pins, and disassembling and assembling of molds
- Identify changeover parts. Remove, clean and store pieces not needed in proper location. Change cavities, cores, ejector pins and medallions.
- Inspect all parts received as listed, measure core sizes, water flow test, check hardness, check venting and ensure proper engraving.
- Conduct major mold repairs and simple repairs to press as required
- Work with Setup Technicians to complete required administrative details such as but not limited to recording notes and comments within the MES database.
- Ensure mold information is maintained, updated and documented.
- Communicate to management status updates of all work completed, in process or planned in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with Quality Control for any quality issues and Maintenance for any repairs or troubleshooting that is required.
- Make any tools and fixtures as required, Assist in training new Mold Technicians as required.
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Plastics Manufacturing dedicated to Mold Making or Tool and Die
- State/Federal approved Journeyman’s Mold Maker Certificate required or pending certification
- Completion of high school education or equivalent minimum
- Must have the ability to read, write and do advanced mathematics- intermediate trigonometry
- Must be licensed to operate forklift truck, pallet truck and other material handling equipment
- Have an understanding of procedures and instructions as required by ANSI/ASQC A9002
- Successful candidate must complete a successful CTPAT background check
- Applied knowledge of CAM programs (SURFCAM) and CNC machining practices in a shop environment.
Tool & Die Maker - Mold
STRATTEC Security Corporation is one of the world's largest suppliers providing access and security systems to the automotive market. This drives us to be an innovative company with the latest technology.
STRATTEC creates exciting opportunities to people who like to work in an environment that challenges them to be creative, deal with multiple customers and projects, and research the latest technology. You will help STRATTEC to be a pioneer by working closely with the largest automotive customers in the world along with the largest electronic partners.
Let us know who you are! We want to know what motivates you and why you are the ideal candidate for our growing team.
The ideal candidate will possess a team oriented attitude; have a multidiscipline background, and a passion for innovation. We are looking for leadership skills to develop a new group internally.
If you are one who like to build a team, has strong skillsets and likes to see your own ideas come to life, apply quickly!
Primary Duties: Performs the activities required to support toolmaking operations and to make tools required by performing all operations necessary to construct, develop, alter, fit, align, adjust, calibrate and repair tooling, experimental tooling, dies, gages, jigs and fixtures, special machines and equipment.
Work with maintenance personnel and Tool Build Technicians during the construction of special machines and equipment or tool builds to account for correct maintenance and repair of those machines and tools. Responsible for supplying sketches to engineering, to enable drawings to be made of tooling or new special machines and equipment. Must be capable of operating all toolroom machines and equipment related to the trade and instructing other toolmaker associates in their use.
Must be capable of independently producing tools from provided tool drawings and/or I.G.E.S. files through final fit and assembly, according to prescribed toolroom procedures, (i.e. deliverables). Communicates with tool designers, engineers, vendors, internal and external customers. Perform basic support type tasks of various trades that can be completed safely. Maintain a clean and safe work area. Associates will be trained in and perform multiple work assignments.
Summary of duties
Must be capable of trouble shooting and problem solving during tool repair process. Notify Supervisor of issues that effect cost and timing.
Must be capable of measuring and machining parts to print tolerances. Must be capable of expediting tool repairs within toolroom or with vendors. Must be capable of adjusting schedules to react to changes in resources (personnel/equipment). Notify Supervisor and/or Lead Person when necessary to replenish departmental supplies.
Assist in training other Tool and Die Maker personnel. Perform other miscellaneous related duties as assigned
Must be capable of independently producing tooling from provided tool drawings and/or I.G.E.S. files through final fit and assembly, according to proper toolroom methods (i.e. deliverables).Tools and equipment used:Computers and printers, micrometer, calipers, scales, blueprints, comparator, ordinary standard gages, CMM, ordinary special gages, all department machinery, (including but not limited to):CNC machines, mills, lathes, grinding machines, drills, heat treating equipment, etc., reports, printouts, and forms. Various types of material handling equipment, including scales, power hand trucks, hand trucks, hand carts, etc., various hand tools, various containers including high boys, pans, bulk boxes, tubs, etc. Must be Journeyman or have 8 years of experience.
STRATTEC SECURITY CORPORATION is an equal opportunity employer and practices affirmative action to recruit, hire, train, upgrade, transfer and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Mold Maker - Medical Device
Job Description: SummaryThe Moldmaker operates state of the art CAD/CAM software (Cimatron/Solid Works), high speed mill (Mikron HSM400) and EDM (Charmille 35P) equipment to produce prototype parts, thermo-plastic and thermo-set injection molds, and lab equipment used in the development of new products or changes to existing products. Working from computer generated models (3D solid or surface model files) to design/program toolpaths for electrode and direct milling operations. Generally, output is compared to, or created from approved 3D-source model. Work is checked against design with use of precision measuring tools (Nikon VS/Zeiss CMM). Work accuracy is not checked by supervisor.
Operates lathe, mill, drill press, CNC EDM, HSM and lathe machine tools, and various grinders with proficiency required to produce parts necessary for the construction of new prototype machinery, equipment, molds, and product prototypes. Capability to program 3D CNC Mill tool paths for both electrode and direct milling operations preferred.
Performs machining tasks necessary for the maintenance and repair of prototype equipment to support Technology Project Development.
Plans and lays out work. Makes standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, feeds, and speeds of machinery. Selects materials, parts and equipment required for each assignment.
Able to work from 3D models, 2D drawings, blueprints, schematics or verbal instructions to produce simple and complex mechanisms, tools, jigs, and fixtures.
Able to use precision measuring instruments and hand tools to accomplish assigned tasks.
Ability to operate injection molding press would be desirable. Ability to design rapid tools and run high speed mill would be desirable.
Comply with all local, state, federal, and BD safety regulations, policies, and procedures including RCRA Hazardous Waste regulations.
Comply with all local BD quality policies, procedures, and practices through consistent application of sound quality assurance principles.
Other duties as assigned.
High School Degree/GED.
5+ years of tool-making experience.
Must be able to operate lathes, milling machines, EDM and surface grinders with a high degree of skill.
Job skills should be equal to those of a Journeyman and are usually acquired through formal training programs.
ADDITIONAL AND PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
5 + years directly related mold making experience preferred.
Extensive injection mold building, tool and die fabrication preferred.
3D CAD/CAM skills/experience also preferred.
A.A. or A.S. Degree in technical field related to job function preferred
Additional experience may be traded on a year for year basis with education.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status
Primary Work LocationUSA UT - Sandy
Work ShiftNA (United States of America)
Mold Maker III
TE Connectivity (NYSE: TEL) is a $12 billion global technology leader. Our connectivity and sensor solutions are essential in today's increasingly connected world. We collaborate with engineers to transform their concepts into creations - redefining what's possible using intelligent, efficient and high-performing TE products and solutions proven in harsh environments. Our 72,000 people, including over 7,000 engineers, partner with customers in over 150 countries across a wide range of industries. We believe EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS - www.TE.com
TE Connectivity's Mold Makers apply knowledge of mold design and construction to the construction, conditioning, modification, repair and maintenance of injection and transfer molds, gauges, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures. In some instances they may fabricate new molds by analyzing blueprints, sketches, models and engineering or shop specifications. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S., or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Develop proficiency on 4-6 select machines used in the mold making process (lathes, manual/CNC mill, grinders, jig bores, jig grinders, EDM, etc.)
Read blueprints to determine matching and proper sequence of operations based on factors such as type of metal, size of part, finished requirements, matching time, etc.
Changeover molds, fit and assemble parts into mold cavities and verify dimensions, alignment, and clearance
Dissemble complex mold tooling for repair and cleaning, rework details as needed
Analyze and correct complex mold malfunctions to assure quality production
Fabricate and hand fit mold tooling
Disassemble mold tooling for repair and cleaning
Operate precision measurement devices
High School Diploma required
8-year minimum work experience required
Strong mechanical ability and troubleshooting skills
US citizen or perm legal resident required.
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
At TE, we believe in unleashing people's potential. We have Employee Resource Groups (Women In Networking, ALIGN – LGBTQ, Young Professionals, etc.) to support and promote a diverse workplace and a culture of inclusion for the development of different perspectives, styles and ideas. By doing this, we are consistently recognized by Thomson Reuters, and now Clarivate Analytics, as one of the Top 100 Innovators, as well as deemed one of the world's most ethical companies by Ethisphere.
Oceanside, CA, US, 92058
Requisition ID: 48862
Mold Maker - Anchor Hocking
Role Title: Mold Maker - Anchor Hocking 
Department: Product Supply
The Oneida Group is a leading global marketer of tabletop and food preparation products for the consumer and foodservice markets. With a comprehensive line of tabletop and food preparation products, we market our products globally under a broad range of consumer brands including Oneida and Anchor Hocking. Customers range from Fortune 500 companies to medium and small-sized companies in the consumer, foodservice, business-to-business and e-commerce channels. The company operates two glass manufacturing plants in the U.S. and sources a variety of propriety designed tableware products.
The Oneida Group's vision is to be the leading global marketer of trusted brands in dining and food preparation, recognized for providing quality tabletop and kitchen solutions.
Repair and produce quality mold equipment to specified dimensions and tolerances.
Produces gauges, templates, and fitters as necessary.
Perform all mold, mold equipment, and formers.
Make necessary repair (weld) to glass manufacturing surfaces as required.
Setup and program machines and equipment.
Communicate all problems and changes as they occur to the Supervisor.
Perform repairs and make adjustments to machines and equipment as required
Perform general maintenance on cutting tools as required.
Develop sample molds as required from ideas and concept sketches.
Maintain quality housekeeping and good safety practices in the work area.
Do other work as required by supervision.
4+ years experience producing mold equipment to specific dimensions while maintaining overall quality.
Experience with the following machines/equipment: Engine, turret, tracing, and CNC lathes
Primary Location: Lancaster, Ohio
All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status. If you require a special accommodation, please contact us at HRServices@theoneidagroup.com.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!