Mold Maker Ii Job Description Sample
Mold Maker II
Mold Maker II
Tool & Die Maker/ Mold Maker
Mold Maker - 1St Or 3Rd Shift - Wages Increased!!
Certified Mold Maker
As a trusted name in building and infrastructure for more than 50 years, we're a customer-focused company that grows through product innovation broadening the solution for the entire industry. We are dedicated to providing an engaging and positive work environment. Many of our employee’s have enjoyed working for us the greater part of their careers; we have many employees with 20, 25 and even 30 years of experience. IPEX offers opportunities for learning and advancement.
Our Pineville Plant is looking for a Mold Maker to join our Team! The successful candidate will be responsible of supporting the fittings production department. This activity is to be conducted while ensuring and maximizing safety, product, production output, housekeeping and cost control to achieve plant goals.
- Provide preventive maintenance of molds as required. Including assembling, disassembling, finishing, rust spraying, sprue brushing, water testing, checking or testing sensors on hydraulics, check ejector system, slides, switches, hydraulic cylinders and motors, cleaning molds, and lubrication.
- Create, inspect, test, maintain, repair and make modifications to tools and molds as required. Tasks may involve but are not limited to grinding, EDM, milling, drilling, polishing, engraving, turning, welding, replace, finishing, rust spraying, lubricating, cut and/or measure new ejector pins, and disassembling and assembling of molds
- Identify changeover parts. Remove, clean and store pieces not needed in proper location. Change cavities, cores, ejector pins and medallions.
- Inspect all parts received as listed, measure core sizes, water flow test, check hardness, check venting and ensure proper engraving.
- Conduct major mold repairs and simple repairs to press as required
- Work with Setup Technicians to complete required administrative details such as but not limited to recording notes and comments within the MES database.
- Ensure mold information is maintained, updated and documented.
- Communicate to management status updates of all work completed, in process or planned in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with Quality Control for any quality issues and Maintenance for any repairs or troubleshooting that is required.
- Make any tools and fixtures as required, Assist in training new Mold Technicians as required.
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Plastics Manufacturing dedicated to Mold Making or Tool and Die
- State/Federal approved Journeyman’s Mold Maker Certificate required or pending certification
- Completion of high school education or equivalent minimum
- Must have the ability to read, write and do advanced mathematics- intermediate trigonometry
- Must be licensed to operate forklift truck, pallet truck and other material handling equipment
- Have an understanding of procedures and instructions as required by ANSI/ASQC A9002
- Successful candidate must complete a successful CTPAT background check
- Applied knowledge of CAM programs (SURFCAM) and CNC machining practices in a shop environment.
Mold Maker IV
Tool & Die Maker II - 2Nd
Mold Maker - Plastic
Apprentice Tool & Mold Maker
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!