Mold Maker Terra Cotta Job Description Sample
Mold Maker/Tool Maker
This person will complete assigned engineering tasks as needed to build plastic injection molds. Use various machining techniques to produce a quality plastic part that meets the requirements of the customer. Provide tooling support to the engineering, production, quality and maintenance departments.
2nd shift 2PM-10:30PM Mon-Fri (5% shift differential)
3rd shift 10PM-6:30AM Sun-Thu (15% shift differential)
Clean and maintain production tools and molds.
Build components for new tools, existing tools and molds through the use of tool room equipment, using designs created by the engineering department. Read and interpret plans from paper drawings or computer files.
May be assigned role as Project Leader for the building of new tools.
Using toolmakers scope, measures, examines, diagnoses and trouble-shoots new and existing molds to make improvements or corrections.
Work as a team with project leaders to ensure that projects are finished quickly and precisely.
Other duties as required.
Education/Experience. High school education coursework or GED required. Two-year tool & die degree or four years experience in tooling or moldmaking preferred. Experience using mold-making tools such as metal saws, mills, grinders, lathes, EDM sinkers, EDM Hole Burner and CNC Mill.
Computer Skills. Ability to operate personal computer. Knowledge of Windows based CAD programs such as Master cam, AutoCAD and Solid Works.
Language Skills. Ability to read, comprehend, and utilize instructions and short correspondence with professionals. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees.
Mathematical Skills. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratios, percent and use trigonometry. Ability to read and understand complicated designs and drawings.
Supervisory Responsibilities. Ability to direct work task to others if you are assigned the lead role in a project.
1. High school education coursework or GED?
2. Two-year tool & die degree or four years experience in tooling or moldmaking? (preferred)
3. Experience using mold-making tools such as metal saws, mills, grinders, lathes, EDM sinkers, EDM Hole Burner and CNC Mill?
4. Knowledge of Windows based CAD programs such as Master cam, AutoCAD and Solid Works?
Mold Maker - Medical Device
Tool & Die Maker/ Mold Maker
Mold Maker - 1St Or 3Rd Shift - Wages Increased!!
Certified Mold Maker
As a trusted name in building and infrastructure for more than 50 years, we're a customer-focused company that grows through product innovation broadening the solution for the entire industry. We are dedicated to providing an engaging and positive work environment. Many of our employee’s have enjoyed working for us the greater part of their careers; we have many employees with 20, 25 and even 30 years of experience. IPEX offers opportunities for learning and advancement.
Our Pineville Plant is looking for a Mold Maker to join our Team! The successful candidate will be responsible of supporting the fittings production department. This activity is to be conducted while ensuring and maximizing safety, product, production output, housekeeping and cost control to achieve plant goals.
- Provide preventive maintenance of molds as required. Including assembling, disassembling, finishing, rust spraying, sprue brushing, water testing, checking or testing sensors on hydraulics, check ejector system, slides, switches, hydraulic cylinders and motors, cleaning molds, and lubrication.
- Create, inspect, test, maintain, repair and make modifications to tools and molds as required. Tasks may involve but are not limited to grinding, EDM, milling, drilling, polishing, engraving, turning, welding, replace, finishing, rust spraying, lubricating, cut and/or measure new ejector pins, and disassembling and assembling of molds
- Identify changeover parts. Remove, clean and store pieces not needed in proper location. Change cavities, cores, ejector pins and medallions.
- Inspect all parts received as listed, measure core sizes, water flow test, check hardness, check venting and ensure proper engraving.
- Conduct major mold repairs and simple repairs to press as required
- Work with Setup Technicians to complete required administrative details such as but not limited to recording notes and comments within the MES database.
- Ensure mold information is maintained, updated and documented.
- Communicate to management status updates of all work completed, in process or planned in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with Quality Control for any quality issues and Maintenance for any repairs or troubleshooting that is required.
- Make any tools and fixtures as required, Assist in training new Mold Technicians as required.
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Plastics Manufacturing dedicated to Mold Making or Tool and Die
- State/Federal approved Journeyman’s Mold Maker Certificate required or pending certification
- Completion of high school education or equivalent minimum
- Must have the ability to read, write and do advanced mathematics- intermediate trigonometry
- Must be licensed to operate forklift truck, pallet truck and other material handling equipment
- Have an understanding of procedures and instructions as required by ANSI/ASQC A9002
- Successful candidate must complete a successful CTPAT background check
- Applied knowledge of CAM programs (SURFCAM) and CNC machining practices in a shop environment.
Mold Maker IV
Restoration Technician: Water, Fire Mold
- Inventory of items that have experienced water, fire, or smoke damage
- On-Site cleaning of items and materials involved in these damages
- Perform assigned work in a timely manner and meet deadlines and expectations
- Identify the source of the problem and determine the extent of damages
- Remove and dispose of any affected materials
- Place equipment on job-sites and monitor them
- Maintain communication regarding time-tables, work progression, and unexpected situations
- Utilize Dash, our software program to document every job detail
- Ensure vehicle is serviced and clean
- Ensure equipment is cleaned and operating properly
- Ensure that work area is clean and organized at all times
- Maintain a safe work environment through the course of your career
- Prior technician experience (construction, maintenance, HVAC, plumbing, etc)
- Experience in the restoration industry a plus, but willing to train the right candidate
- Must have the ability to communicate with others in a verbal and written manner
- Must have the ability to understand and follow directions
- Must be able to perform in a work environment that has suffered fire, water, and smoke damage
- Must be capable of lifting and carrying weight/heavy objects up to 50 lbs without assistance
- Must be able to continuously climb, bend, and reach
- Must have valid drivers license
- Must be able to pass a full background check
- Generous compensation
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Simple IRA Retirement Program with company match
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Wellness Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, etc.)
Mold Change Technician
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!