Mold Setter Job Description Sample
Plastic Manufacturing Mold Setter Position Available
Main Purpose of the Job:
Assists and supports person responsible for Mold Changes in making sure that machines and components, molds and accessories are changed safely and efficiently utilizing prior production data.
- Supports Mold Change Setter II in performing Mold Changes
- Replaces heads and molds in Blow Molding equipment
- Ensures Mold Changes are complete in defined timeframes
- Assists Mold Change Setter II to perform start-up and process in molds that have been used for established products to meet QA approval
- Maintains good and continuous communication with Supervisor, Maintenance and Mold Change Supervisor and Mold Change Setter II
- Working together in a Team
- Ensures team works together as efficiently as possible
- Maintains good housekeeping within department
- The position description is not all inclusive and I may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- Time to complete mold changes
- Reports (accurate and complete)
- Quality of processed bottles
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Good knowledge of Blow Molding process preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to operate Forklifts
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms and very occasionally to climb or balance.
- The employee is regularly required to climb or balance when using correct stands on machine ladders
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit.
- The employee must regularly lift and/ or move up to 10 lbs, frequently lift and/or move up to 30 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 lbs.
The essential functions of the position include:
The safety and health of employees take precedence over all duties of this job
Directs and executes mold changes per the production schedule and all emergency mold changes
Responsible for the proper set-up of all molds and related functions such knockout, hot runner set-up, hydraulics, pneumatics etc. for foam molding machines
Set parameters of the molding press to the process verification sheet if applicable.
Repair any fluid or air leaks relating to the mold.
Responsible for the pulling and resetting of all mold halves, specifically for the purpose of mold repair.
Responsible for assisting with the loading and unloading of all mold carrying trucks.
Responsible for the installation and removal of all auxiliary equipment from the molding floor.
Responsible for the orderly appearance of all mold-setting supplies including the removal of all supplies from the molding machine and immediate area.
Adherence to all quick mold change policies.
Ensure all documentation is completed, submitted and filed in a timely manner
Assist with start-up of presses as required.
Perform maintenance and minor repairs on/to molds.
Maintains cleanliness of areas.
Performs all duties in a manner that demonstrates the highest level of quality and safety.
Participate in all safety initiatives.
Follow good manufacturing practices.
Other duties as required.
Physical demands of the position:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities who are otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential functions of the job, unless such accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the Company.
Ability to push, pull, lift and/or carry up to 75 pounds on a frequent basis and up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis.
Ability to frequently bend, stand, stoop and grasp.
Ability to manipulate small parts on a consistent basis.
Ability to operate hand and power tools
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts in a production environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Temperatures inside the plant can fluctuate between hot and cold according to seasonal changes. Personal protective equipment (PPE) is required in the production department and other designated areas.
Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Sonoco Products Company. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites and/or unsolicited emails. These scams seek to obtain personal information or payment from victims by offering jobs that may or may not exist. Please be advised that Sonoco will never ask for payment to progress a job application. Prior to responding to any suspicious email or website posting, please confirm the validity of the opportunity at http://careers.sonoco.com. If you feel you have received a fraudulent Sonoco solicitation, please report the suspicious recruiting activity to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Injection Mold Setter
Cobra Plastics, Inc. is looking to add experienced Injection Mold Setters to our team in Macedonia, OH.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company with state of the art equipment and facilities, where employees are valued, involved and empowered.
Perform mold and tool changes as production schedule requires
Perform/assist with color and material changes
Maintain clean and organized mold storage and work areas
Assist with keeping machine color hoppers full
Help break machine operators
Other duties as assigned
Ability to work 2nd shift
1 to 3 years experience setting plastic injection molds
1 to 3 years experience performing tooling changes (desired)
Ability to safely use overhead crane and rigging equipment
Must have own tools
Competitive pay, commensurate with experience
Outstanding comprehensive benefits package
Please apply in person or submit resume and salary requirements for consideration.
No agencies or recruiters please
Equal Opportunity Employer
Able to perform mold changes on machines, both installation and removal
Perform set-up of injection molds
Troubleshoot machine and mold complications
Strong attention to detail and very safety oriented
Ability to work independently and with others
Self-motivated, and flexible.
Able to lift 50 lbs
Previous experience in an injection molding environment with knowledge of injection molding machines is strongly preferred.
We offer a competitive salary with benefits including 401K, paid vacation, medical and dental insurance with excellent growth potential.
Mold Setter Technician - ALL Shifts
POSITION SUMMARY: Plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing equipment and processes to produce high quality plastic injection molded product. While monitoring the effectiveness of processes, this individual quantifies results, documents, and changes corrections. This position also mentors and provides training to other injection molding personnel.
- Operate powered mobile equipment per company standards. Maintain production, maintenance, deviations and other required records and logs, as instructed.
- Monitors, assists, and troubleshoots existing processes designed to improve product quality, productivity, and overall equipment efficiency.
- Provide technical support to operators and other molding personnel.
- Working from sample parts or instruction, set up and operate standard or specialized machine tools and accessory control devices to make a wide variety of parts.
- Responsible for following 1st piece procedure.
- Process molding machine, making minor changes to process to insure the quality of all products.
- Make necessary equipment changeovers.
- Observe specific parts of equipment and materials in process to determine or analyze the cause of machine malfunctions. Repair and/or make any necessary adjustments to equipment to obtain desired operating results.
- Monitor and report issues with injection molds, make recommendations for refurbishment based on production factors such as cycle count, process capability and tooling history.
- Provide input and obtain information to and from data terminal, etc. Perform preventive TPM and periodic checks on assigned equipment as instructed. Move or assist to move any equipment as directed. Assist other trades persons as assigned.
- Modify existing robot programs to handle parts without causing damage to the equipment or parts.
- Operate overhead crane, change molds and set-up machine for production.
- Provide ownership and input of injection molding process and equipment for the reduction of defects, overall process improvement, and/or the reduction of downtime.
- Participate in continuing education opportunities offered by the company.
- Must complete and maintain ISO competencies for department
- Facilitate and support facility and manufacturing safety, environmental and ergonomics efforts.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years’ experience in Injection Mold set up, mold changes, first piece inspection/try out, troubleshoot defects, debug etc.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must be able to differentiate between customer production and service requirements. In addition must be able to cross reference between customer and PSIMP’s part numbers and descriptions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving and/or high temperature mechanical equipment and parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; infrequently, loud.
SAFETY: All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, actively participate in PSIMP’s safety program, and adhere to all safety rules and regulations. Employee Health & Safety is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
We take pride in being recognized for our attention to detail and personal service that ensures our customers are supplied with the highest quality products and services in the industry. PSIMP serves many markets including:
Medical & Diagnostic Equipment
Water & Waste Management
Leisure & Recreation
Mold Setter 2Nd Shift
The primary purpose of this position is to locate the proper mold for each molding assignment, install the molds onto plastic injection molding machines, set up the machines controls and troubleshoot and correct process problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. The Technician prepares molds for production runs, sets up molds on the injection molding machines, troubleshoots machine and process problems, coordinates tool repair and maintenance. The Technician also makes adjustments as necessary and performs audits of existing processes andmaintains appropriate records.
NONESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May clean in and around work areas or equipment and be assigned to other departments as required.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill,and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A high school diploma or GED are preferred. Three or more years of previous experience as a Mold Technician are required for the Technician A level.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectivelybefore other employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardizedsituations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
None are required for this position.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk; climb on machinery or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
If you're having issues applying through your mobile device, please click here to apply:
We're Hiring! Click here to review our careers...
SP will provide assistance to read an application to the visually impaired if necessary.
EEO and Affirmative Action Statement:
SP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis and takes affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunities. It is our policy is to provide our employees and applicants with equal employment opportunities in accordance with applicable laws and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, marital status, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, political belief, pregnancy, citizenship, handicap or disability, status as a veteran or member of the U.S. military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. SP's Affirmative Action Plan is available through the HR Department and may be accessed during normal business hours.
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision:
SP will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Summary of Mold Setter Position
The Mold Setter/Process Tech is responsible for setting molds and starting presses with the established process.
This position reports to the Shift Supervisor for daily assignments. Technical support and direction is provided by the Process Engineer.
Essential Functions of Mold Setter
Mold Temperature, Barrel Temperature, Cycle Time, Material Moisture Checks if splay exists, Checking Nozzle Leaks.
o Pull mold from mold storage area
o Pull appropriate thermolators, DME units, eye bolts, hoses and hydraulic units for each mold set including any required fixtures or gages for quality assurance.
o Review the Quality Book to ensure understanding of key issues regarding setting of specific mold
o Lock-out Press to ensure safety during mold installation.
o When appropriate, work as a team with the other mold setter to set mold
o Follow mold setup work instructions and procedures.
o Use process defined by Process Engineer and already loaded in the press.
o Follow mold start-up work instructions and procedures.
o Ensure 1st piece approved is obtained and operator hand-off is completed.
o Follow mold shut down work instructions and procedures.
o Put Mold Away in proper location
For short-term temporary needs, a large volume of employees for a project, or a critical professional hire, our dedicated staffing industry experts will conduct targeted searches to identify top talent for your administrative, clerical, light industrial and transportation positions.
Our Staffing Consultants combine deep-seated knowledge of staffing industry best practices with an entrepreneurial management style to meet your workforce needs. We uphold the American Staffing Association Code of Ethics while striving to further the success of the clients we serve.
A woman-owned enterprise, widely respected as a diversity vendor, the company also proudly supports activities and events in the communities where we work and live. Our process is high-tech, but our practice is high-touch.
While CSSI Transportation has offices coast to coast, we pride ourselves on our local, friendly service. Our staffing consultants combine deep-seated staffing industry best practices with home town support. If you're seeking a position in finance and accounting, office and professional or a position in manufacturing or distribution, our recruitment experts will work with you to help find your next great career Whether you are seeking a temporary position, temp to hire, or a direct hire opportunity, our dedicated team of staffing professionals is here to help you! Awarded the Best of Staffing by Inavero, Cornerstone puts 7 people to work every hour! Contact us today to make the next hour yours!
Join us at:
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
Blow Molding Mold Setter -2Nd Shift 2:45Pm - 11:00Pm
Would be required to train on first shift.
· Set molds for required production run
· Set head tooling for required mold
· Calibrate head tooling
· Load corresponding program (Only if trained and authorized)
· Set up work cell for production run
· Bring all job tools and fixtures to work cell for production run
· Remove job tools and fixtures after production run
· P.M. molds after production run
· P.M. head tooling after production run
· Clean out clamp area before set up is complete
· Clean and organize mold area
· Fix damaged holes in clamp sections (If unable to fix, a work order must be placed in the system)
· Clean mold setter trucks and tooling carts
· Identify bad water and hydraulic lines, water fittings, bolts, washers, and clamps (note: these items should be replaced if damaged)
· Place any work orders for identified issue or damage to mold, head tooling, etc.
· Skid and band any molds to be shipped out for transport
· Attend any required production meetings to communicate any problems and job set up status between the shifts
· Ability to interpret a variety of gauges and measurement instrumentation.
· Use reading and writing, adding and subtracting of whole numbers; direct reading of instruments and similar devices where interpretation is not required.
· Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills required.
· Self-motivated and results oriented.
· Must show strong safety awareness and good housekeeping skills.
· Must be team oriented.
· Attend shift meetings as scheduled.
· Available to work overtime on weekends as necessary.
· Stand for up to 8-10 hrs per day
· Bend, stoop and twist up to 8 hrs per day
· Able to push or pull a minimum of 60 lbs.
· Ability to climb ladders.
· Ability to use arms above shoulder height.
· Ability to wear ear (ear plugs or ear muffs) and eye protection at all time when on the production floor.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· 5-7 years prior experience in a manufacturing environment
· 3-5 years prior experience as a blow-molding mold set or injection molding preferred.
We will train candidates with high level of maintenance background.
Responsible to perform mold sets in a safe and efficient manner per the press schedule or as directed by supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Follow Accudyn set-up form.
- Set molds per process sheet and water diagram.
- In the event that a water diagram is not available, one must be created for the new set-up.
- Obtain and set-up any other secondary equipment required.
- Correctly set-up the press picker or robotics to ensure correct retrieval of parts / runners within standard cycle and without abusing the equipment.
- Utilize all automation equipment, when available.
- Maintain the mold storage area and maintain housekeeping practices within the molding department.
- Keep the set-up supplies organized and reorder set-up supplies as needed.
- Record any changes to the process and water diagram.
- Download the process to disk before the mold is pulled. The press must be cleaned after the set-up is complete.
- Maintain oil cup levels or grease at every set-up.
- Keep clamps, bolts, washers, and knockouts organized
- Empty all overflow oil containers at each press, keep water buckets empty.
- Assist in break coverage, and assist in shipping and receiving when directed to by the Shift Supervisor.
- May be assigned special projects or investigations as directed by supervisor.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Education or Equivalent
- 2 years of experience in plastic industry or advancement from within.
- Ability to apply basic math skills
Other Skills and Abilities
- Capable of understanding hydraulic core systems and basic electrical skills
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While on the job, the employee is regularly requires talking to and hearing others.
- Capable to lifting in excess of 40 pounds in a safe method.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud due to the running of the machines.
- Protective eye wear is necessary in designated areas.
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
- Must be open to working an off shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime.
Our manufacturing locations in the United States and Mexico use certified quality systems while servicing customers around the world. Our manufacturing plants are organized and system driven to ensure that the processes that are used to manufacture your products are repeatable and robust.
Accudyn's mission is to efficiently and effectively meet or exceed all of your requirements and expectations by utilizing advanced engineering principals, employing continuous improvement activities, and involving our people.
From the management team to the operators on the manufacturing floor, everyone at Accudyn is committed to the ideals on which the company was founded. We believe that we have first rate engineering & program management; sophisticated manufacturing processes and certified quality systems but the people that use these tools and their commitment to exceeding our customers expectations is the reason you should consider Accudyn as your partner.
Mold Setter Temp-To-Hire
Award Staffing has partnered with an award winning precision custom thermoplastic injection molder with a reputation for handling high cosmetic, custom molds and using engineering grade resins. Their molding facility is unique to the molding industry where temperature and humidity are controlled to ensure high quality production . Their customers range from Fortune 500 companies to startups!
Position Title: Injection Mold Setter
Hours: 2nd shift 2: 45PM-11: 15PM
Pay rate: $16-18/hr
As a Mold Setter your primary job will be to set up (remove and install) injection molds and auxiliary equipment and support daily production to maintain a safe and efficient work environment. Our facility has a wide range of machine types and sizes, as well as varying auxiliary equipment including robotics, conveyors, thermolators, etc. This position requires you to work with all these types of machinery.
Sets up molds in 28 to 1, 750 ton injection molding machines
Works with manual and fully electronic control panels
Sets up and programs auxiliary equipment
Prints production paperwork and update documents as required
Organizes and sets up workstations in manufacturing areas
Works with supervision on set-up productivity improvement projects
Performs general housekeeping duties to keep your work area and the company neat and organized
Follows all safety policies and procedures
Is honest and respectful with all coworkers, vendors, suppliers and friends of the company
Arrives to work on time and ready to work
Performs all other duties as directed, requested or assigned by your supervisor
Stable work history
Good attention to detail
Ability and willingness to learn new skills and develop current skills utilizing the company CT program
Knowledge of plastic injection molding equipment, plastic resins and molds
Knowledge of set-up and tear-down procedures of molds
Teamwork and communication with on and off shift set-up technicians and supervisors
Ability to work independently with little supervision
Ability to read and understand work instruction and do basic math
Basic keyboarding and computer skills
Requires standing, repeated reaching and twisting, hand movement throughout entire shift.
Ability to read and understand blueprints
Ability to lift and move materials of up to 55 lbs
Experience as an injection molding set up technician
Technical or vocational training
No open toed shoes. Jeans & work appropriate t-shirt/sweatshirt fine. (NO steel toed shoes required)
Requirements for the position:
High School Diploma or GED
Up to 55lbs (will use hoist or get help lifting)
Interested? Chat with a recruiter now!
Benefits of working with Award:
Vacation and Holiday Pay
Medical and Health Insurance
You can apply at or you can connect with our Ramsey team by TEXTING US at or emailing
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. Award Staffing, Inc. Is a Drug Free Workplace/ EEO employer.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!