Molding Cutter Job Description Sample
Injection Molding Process Technician
Must have experience with:
- Scientific molding and eDART equipment (MMI OR MMII preferred)
- Injection mold machine start-up
- Forklift operation
- Trouble-shooting mold process including auxiliaries
- Performance of Die Setter duties
- Ability to assemble & disassemble equipment as needed
1. Experience with Scientific molding and eDART equipment (MMI OR MMII preferred)?
2. Experience with injection mold machine start-up?
3. Forklift operation experience?
4. Trouble-shooting mold process experience including auxiliaries?
Product Design Engineer - Plastic Injection Molding
Candidates must have experience in product development for plastic injection molding to be considered.
- Conceptualization of engineered product designs based on product definition worksheets
- Testing of preliminary prototypes to validate initial engineering concepts.
- Design of final manufacturable product revision
- Working with industrial designers on functionality and strength of material verification
- Identification and resolution of engineering problems around specific product design needs
- Verification of final production product to design intent
- Participation in continuous improvement initiatives of the design and testing process.
- Assigned projects require a complete understanding and usage of polymeric, ferrous and non-ferrous material selection and usage, kinematic analysis, mechanism design, and strength of material analysis as it corresponds to the refinement of industrial and mechanical related designs.
- New Product Design & Validation: Work within the Design Department to advise on core engineering aspects during the development of new products.
- Major objectives include:
- Reviewing and analyzing engineering designs for functionality, durability, and manufacturability
- Reviewing engineering documentation for completeness and clarity
- Assisting designers with design concepts to meet new product specifications
- Providing recommendations to optimize designs
- Working closely with the data management group to produce the project’s technical data package (“TDP”) including establishing Bills of Material and critical design components tolerances
- Developing and conducting lab experiments to validate designs
- Evaluating and qualifying prototypes, first-article samples, new suppliers and manufacturing processes
- Advising on assembly tooling and fixtures
- Working closely with the manufacturing group to facilitate the transition of new products from design into manufacturing
- General Support: Promote Company Foundations and enforce internal policies, procedures, goals, objectives, and good design and manufacturing practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Design: A Proven track record of a consumer product or related design experience with extreme attention to detail. Previous design experience of polymer-based consumer products is required. Basis understanding of machining, stamping, and/or casting processes is desirable.
- Mechanisms: Experience in mechanism and mechanical system design with a strong kinematic background.
- Manufacturing Engineering: Broad spectrum knowledge of manufacturing concepts with knowledge and experience of plastic injection molding. An advanced specialization in plastic injection molding is desirable.
- CAD/CAE: Must be proficient with solid modeling and finite element analysis (FEA) software packages. SolidWorks and COSMOS knowledge is preferable.
- TDP: Ability to read, analyze, interpret and correct mechanical drawings including tolerancing, Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (“GD&T”) and related engineering specifications.
- Mechanical Aptitude: Very strong, demonstrated mechanical aptitude required.
- Adaptability: Must be proficient in learning new concepts while working in a highly dynamic environment. Must be able to seamlessly work across boundaries and interact with management, factory personnel, other engineers, suppliers, and customers.
- BS Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college.
- Applied Design Engineering with 5+ years’ experience.
- Travel up to 10%; both international and domestic.
- Very strong, demonstrated mechanical aptitude required
- Microsoft Office Suite, or similar preferred
- SOLIDWORKS 2013 or later, advanced user preferred
- Understanding and usage of polymeric, ferrous and non-ferrous material selection and usage, kinematic analysis, mechanism design, and strength of material analysis as it corresponds to the refinement of industrial and mechanical related designs.
- Relocation offered
Molding Tooling/Process Specialist
Type: Full-time direct employment with Vitaver Staffing Client
Salary: $65,000 to $80,000 range depending on your level of expertise.
Additional Information: Full benefits, relocation assistance available, interview travel reimbursed.
Description: Our Client, a medical technology company, is looking to hire a Molding Tooling / Process Specialist in Columbus, NE.
• Provide technical support to the Mold Builders, Process Engineers, and Mold Makers for the implementation of new molds, designs and products;
• Support the designs and provide input in the fabrication of injection molds, provide engineering support to the site molding operations to achieve production volumes at the highest quality, safety and lowest cost;
• Apply engineering principles and practices specifically related to the design, fabrication and operation of injection molds, cost estimating, quote approvals, vendor relations, R&D research, tooling design and changes, mold improvements.
• Application of Scientific and Engineering principles to drive improvements in tooling, production, processing and continuous improvement projects;
• Team with Mold Repair on tooling improvements and repair practices that will continually improve production efficiency;
• Engage in troubleshooting issues in the mold shop, production floor, and mold vendors;
• Lead tooling improvement projects through the use of Moldtrax, SAP, Blitz’s and Engineering support;
• Prepare and implement project or improvement plans for areas of responsibility;
• Review all PM plans and tasks within assigned area;
• Prepare process job descriptions and manufacturing / mold specifications;
• Provide technical guidance as needed to manufacturing and hourly technical personnel during the start up of new or changed products / molds and processes;
• Prepare a plan for procurement of capital equipment including obtaining of quotes, vendor investigation, budgeting, and scheduling;
• Coordinate design activity with outside vendors or internal departments as necessary;
• Manage the validation process with new tools by solving any issues that arise related to quality or cost of the molding tool;
• Tooling support new design concepts. Specify equipment, tooling and fixtures for new processes, or existing process changes;
• Indirectly supervise all resources assigned to project teams;
• Ensure compliance with quality systems, policies, procedures and practices and all local, state, federal and safety regulations, policies and procedures;
• Represent the Client when talking with suppliers, define Client’s agenda, carry out negotiations and is the technical voice for the company;
• Other duties as required;
• Occasional travel may be required.
• Experience in the mold tooling and mold process environment (5+years);
• Experience with SAP / MES;
• Experience with Autodesk Inventor Software;
• Experience in Technical Writing;
• Associates degree Machine Tool and Design (required);
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering (preferred).
• Become a part of medical technology company that has a commitment to advance the world of health;
• Get enrolled into high-quality benefits including physical wellness, emotional well-being and financial security;
• Become eligible for an annual incentive;
• Get an opportunity to receive significant long-term value by getting stock awards.
If this job is not for you, earn a $2,100.00 referral bonus in cash by referring a Candidate or a Client to us. Vitaver Referral Program is one of the most generous on the market!
Molding Maintenance Technician (2Nd Shift)
3:30 - 11:30 PM
The Patriot Group, Inc. is looking for 3rd shift Electromechanical Molding Maintenance Technician to support Toner production operations located in Lawrenceville, GA. In this fast paced environment, the Molding Maintenance Tech will support the Toner manufacturing operations and Molding department by maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing, and adjusting equipment for Injection, Blow, and Injection/Stretch/Blow Molding lines, including molds, molded parts assembly lines and dry toner filling equipment.
Please be a US Citizen. Must be able to pass background check and drug screening.
- Model the “safety first” behaviors we expect of all associates by ensuring that operational procedures, equipment, and processes are designed to provide a safe work environment.
- Perform electrical and mechanical troubleshooting to determine problems in non-functioning equipment used in the Molding and Assembly processes.
- Perform operational test and fault isolation on systems and equipment.
- Perform product (tooling) changeovers.
- Dismantle, adjust, repair, assemble and rebuild equipment, electronic system, circuitry, and computerized systems.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance of all Molding equipment and molded parts assembly lines, including molds, robots, conveyors, and dry toner filler, auxiliary and support equipment.
- Maintain logs and records used in recording, tracking and improving equipment overall operation, maintaining Standards of Operation and Procedures.
- Maintain proper documentation of work (Work orders, PM check sheets, part usage, etc.)
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Minimum of 3 years technical experience in one or more of the above molding fields required
- Minimum of 2 yrs electrical and mechanical troubleshooting experience, including A/C inverters and frequency drives, hydraulics and pneumatics knowledge and troubleshooting experience, required
- Technical or vocational training preferred.
- Injection mold maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair experience a plus.
- Experience in plastics processing is a plus.
- 2 years electrical experience in electrical and electronics troubleshooting preferred.
- Experience with PLC’s, welding, and machining a plus.
- Must have ability to read and interpret blueprints, maintenance manuals, and engineering sketches.
- Basic math and computer skills required fractions as well as good English communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of ISO 9000 and ISO 14000 preferred.
Molding Machine Operator
Molding Machine Operator
location:Santa Rosa, CA
salary:$15.75 per hour
date posted:Wednesday, September 19, 2018
job type:Temp to Perm
industry:Mining, Quarrying, and Oil and Gas Extraction
Molding Machine Operator
This is an awesome Sonoma County company that is willing to train for the right candidate.
Under minimum supervision, use machine tools, hand tools and measuring instruments; read drawings, procedures, and work instructions; to strip cables and materials into final products. Perform visual inspection and data recording to ensure and accept product that meets quality requirements for shipment to customers.
Use hand tools and measuring devices (ruler, tape measure, diagonal cutters, pneumatic crimpers, thermocouple, durometer) to measure, cut, and mold materials as required.
Interpret and perform according to engineering blue prints, drawings, work instructions, workmanship standards, manufacturing instructions and inspection and test procedures.
Basic math skills including addition and subtraction of fractions and decimal measurements
Perform visual inspection of work performed for defects and adherence to workmanship standards and BIW specifications.
Maintain production database (SAP), data logs and other data records as needed.
Ability to work in an warehouse environment and stand for prolonged time (2 hr increments)
Capability to flex between work stations
Use heat presses to mold rubber for required product.
Working hours: 3:00 PM - 12:00 AM
Interpersonal team skills
Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
Perform basic math and read measurements
Effective written and oral communication skills
Demonstrated attention to detail
Mechanical aptitude, to use tools such as cutters measuring tapes, etc.
Perform the same task repeatedly without becoming bored or frustrated
Concentrate for long periods of time without becoming distracted
Demonstrated accuracy and ability to follow detailed instruction/ direction/ procedures.
Ability to lift up to 35 lbs. on a regular basis
Please forward resume to
Randstad is a world leader in matching great people with great companies. Our experienced agents will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, no one works harder for you than Randstad. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law. San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance: Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Molding Injection Process Technician
Stanley, Black & Decker is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth.
Global Tools and Storage (GTS) plant in Mission, TX is looking for an Injection Molding Process Technician who will ensure that the injection molding machines run within quality standards and meet all production goals. Provides technical leadership, interacts with other departments to resolve problems that interfere with productivity. Holds a good understanding of manufacturing operations and related processes.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Support the molding operations in the daily work tasks.
Installs and removes molding dies from machines, including auxiliaries and automation.
Set process conditions and start molding machines on initial runs.
Adjusts process conditions as required to maintain quality/production levels.
Performs minor cleaning and adjustments on molding dies, auxiliaries and automation as required.
Performs preventive and minor maintenance on molding machines.
Monitors and keep process conditions up to date an accurate.
Maintains set up equipment, supplies up to date and orderly.
Continuous improvement on emphasizing defect prevention and the reduction of variation and waste.
Responsible to stop the production's flow to correct quality issues and document any findings and/or adjustments on designated log.
Works with Quality department to improve process control.
Troubleshooting processing problems including normal adjustments and checks.
Verifies process' parameters and set up machines per set up sheets.
Ensures scrap issues are addressed and fixed in a timely manner.
Assist the Process Engineer in keeping the operations running smoothly.
Enforces safety guidelines and company standards
Performs all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures.
Maintain a clean, safe and healthy work environment.
Other duties may be assigned to meet the business needs.
High School diploma or GED required.
Associates Degree in a related field preferred.
2-3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with relevant exposure to Molding Injection processes (Engel Machines) preferred.
Minimum 3 years of experience as Injection Molding Process Technician.
Scientific injection molding is a plus.
Basic knowledge of Pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanic and hand tools.
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Stanley Black & Decker offers its employees a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401K, retirement savings, vacation, paid holidays, and more!
"In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire."
Finishing Operator B - Injection Molding - Weekend Night Shift
The Finishing Operator B will support the injection molding presses. Identify quality issues relating to trimming, injection molding, packaging, and order fulfillment. Trim plastic parts in accordance with customer requirements using hand and power tools. This opening is for the Weekend Night Shift.
Specific Duties Include:
Trim off gates and flash from plastic parts according to specified cosmetic grade using tools
Support presses in molding department – operate molding cycle, inspect parts, trim parts
Verify order quantities
Package parts according to requirements
Support press operators during break times
Perform shift hand offs
Train press operators on all essential functions of Finishing
Assign press operators to specific machines, in line with quality, efficiency and utilization
Enter process information into computer
Ensure that order quantities and customer specifications have been met
Inspect completed orders for accuracy
Inspect parts at the injection molding presses. Interface with shift supervisor and/ or quality control staff regarding order quantities and part quality
Coordinate corrective action as necessary with department supervisor and co-workers
Identify quality issues relating to trimming, injection molding, packaging, and order fulfillment. Report same to supervisor or QA staff
Transport finished parts from injection molding to finished goods area
Determine if an order is shippable
Adhere to all quality and safety standards within the department
Maintain clean and organized work area with emphasis on safety, quality, efficiency, and utilization
Continually seek to improve work processes and individual performance
Adhere to all company policies and operational procedures
Perform additional tasks as assigned
Strong attention to detail is required
Demonstrated ability to influence and teach others
Good written and oral communication skills
Self-motivated with strong organizational and time management skills
Substantially meets the skill and physical requirements of the Finishing area (must be able to demonstrate job skills and actions)
Patience, tolerance, and an understanding that people learn in different ways and at different rates
Able to work safely with sharp tools/objects, such as but not limited to, hobby knives, utility knives, diagonal-cutting pliers
Able to use measuring instruments such as scales and calipers
Able to use a computer and calculator
Able to read and write in English, and do basic arithmetic
Able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment
Must be punctual and have good attendance
Able to comprehend and follow printed and computer-screen instructions, and direction from supervisors or technical leads
Physical Job Requirements:
Stand and/or sit for the entire shift
Lift up to 70 pounds waist high, carry up to 70 pounds alone
Essential job duties require reaching, bending, and grasping; good finger dexterity, ability to do close work and good vision
Able to do repetitive hand clipping
Able to comprehend and follow printed and computer screen instructions, and direction from supervisors or technical leads
All Proto Labs facilities in the United States are ITAR-compliant operations. Due to ITAR regulations, Proto Labs is only able to employ U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents (green card holders) or foreign nationals granted refugee or asylee status. Individuals with temporary visas (e.g. E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, TN or OPT) are not eligible for hire.
Proto Labs, Inc. is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
Medical Device Injection Molding And Soldering Engineer
Job Summary: This position will support manufacturing processes for medical implant and medical external cable assemblies with primary focus on injection molding and soldering of cables to connectors.
This position will design and develop manufacturing processes, tooling, and fixtures in order to meet daily production schedules while enhancing productivity and product quality. Job Duties: List the significant/essential duties, tasks or responsibilities which employees in this position are required to perform.
Support Liquid Silicone Rubber (LSR) injection molding processes on a BOY machine and thermoplastic injection molding processes on Illinois Precision Corporation (IPC) machine Support soldering processes of cables to connectors Design and develop manufacturing processes, tooling, and fixtures in order to meet daily production schedules while enhancing productivity and product quality Evaluation of production equipment Production support and process validation Interface with vendors for incoming components Troubleshoot manufacturing process and equipment Utilize tools like Gage R&R, Cp, Cpk, and SPC to improve processes Understand manufacturing concepts like Value Stream mapping, 5S and Visual Workplace to improve quality, labor efficiency, and throughput. Protocol and report writing Generate and modify manufacturing process documentation Work with cross functional teams as required Develop and implement process improvements Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements. Complies with U.S.
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors. Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
Equipment: List the type of equipment the incumbent will utilize in this position. May, on occasion, work with a variety of production equipment, small hand tools, test equipment, and precision measuring instruments. Also uses standard office equipment such as telephone, fax/copier, and a personal computer with standard office software.
Working Conditions: Describe the work environment characteristics representative of those encountered by an employee performing the essential functions of this job. Work environment varies from well lighted office/cubicle, low to moderate noise level, to a variety of conditions caused by travel requirements such as customer offices, research labs, hospitals, hotels, use of automobiles, commercial travel, weather, etc.
Physical Demands: Describe the physical demands representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Activities require a significant amount of sitting in front of a computer monitor, some standing and walking.
Significant use of hands and arms, plus finger dexterity to reach, point, write, type, operate a computer and other office equipment. Performs tasks that regularly require good correctable vision and hand/eye coordination. Activities also require significant use of voice and hearing for discussions with other employees.
Molding Operator B Shift
Job Description: SummaryoContinually monitor operations for product quality and equipment performance.
oMake authorized adjustments and modifications to equipment as needed to maintain process quality and productivity.
oResponsible for product quality; in-process checks, accurately complete all quality documentation, quality documentation review, requalification, rework
oSeek assistance from set ups & cell leads to meet production and quality expectations when required.
oPerform or assist with product or equipment changeovers.
oAssist line technicians with equipment repair, trouble shooting and preventive maintenance.
oKeep machinery, work area and floors neat and orderly and comply with GMP requirements.
oPerform quality inspections, process tests and record data accurately as required.
oMaintain accurate documentation for reporting PPH, scrap/waste, SAP and MES transactions.
oIdentify and report any issues to the Cell Lead.
12 hr NIGHT Shift - 7pm- 7am
Proactively participate in problem solving methods through CI activities, (Blitz's, Kaizens, KAS)
Operators must effectively cooperate with the others to ensure effective shift transfer and communication.
Support business needs by working overtime as necessary to satisfy schedule requirements
Other duties as assigned
Identify and report any issues to the Cell Lead.
High school diploma or GED
Primary Work LocationUSA CT - Canaan
Business Development Executive Injection Molding
Using prior working experience in our processes, generate immediate business opportunities that lead to significant sales growth, opportunities primarily construed from known existing relationships outside of the company.
College Degree, and knowledge gained through work experience specific to our industry
Excellent communication skills
7 years sales experience in a plastics (Injection Molding and/or Profile Extrusion) OEM
Ability to convey a positive and professional image to customers, create business opportunities and close those opportunities highly desired by the company
Proven record of achieving quote and sales objectives
1.Pursue new business opportunities through general actions primarily derived from previous business contacts, relationships and/or markets.
2.Ensure new customer requirements are collected and made available for internal departments to initiate project management, commonly launched through an APQP process.
3.Establish target efforts towards face-to-face meetings with customers to promote new opportunities or maintain high level of customer satisfaction.
4.Manage lead generation opportunities; maintain a high level of quote success and meet/exceed overall revenue objectives.
5.Perform required but light project management functions with assigned accounts, coordinating special
quote requests or special production demands with appropriate personnel.
6.Initiate and/or suggest selling and marketing strategies where appropriate to further ensure meeting company objectives.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!