Molding Cutter Job Description Sample
Injection Molding Process Technician
Must have experience with:
- Scientific molding and eDART equipment (MMI OR MMII preferred)
- Injection mold machine start-up
- Forklift operation
- Trouble-shooting mold process including auxiliaries
- Performance of Die Setter duties
- Ability to assemble & disassemble equipment as needed
1. Experience with Scientific molding and eDART equipment (MMI OR MMII preferred)?
2. Experience with injection mold machine start-up?
3. Forklift operation experience?
4. Trouble-shooting mold process experience including auxiliaries?
Injection Molding Process Technician
- Will assist Injection Service Manager and/or Engineering Process Technician in directing the activities of the Technicians and Utilities on all shifts in setting priorities on machine start – ups and troubleshooting problem areas
- Responsible for working closely with the Relief Attendant, Production Assistant and Utilities in coordinating color changes, completion of work orders and new start-ups
- Responsible for training and monitoring the progress of all Technicians on all shifts
- Responsible for ensuring daily mold maintenance is performed by process technicians according to instructions and schedule
- Assists Injection Service Manager with Process Technicians’ annual evaluations
- Assures all molds are properly tagged and work orders written for molds pulled on all shifts
- Assures all Technicians collect start up and shut down samples from each mold and deliver parts to Quality Assurance
- Inspects mold change set ups on all shifts to ensure equipment, materials, and mold set ups are correct and press is ready for start up
- Inspects mold change set ups on all shifts to ensure equipment, materials, and mold set ups are correct and press is ready for start up
- Prepares, updates, and maintains set up sheets
- Assists Machine Attendance, Production Assistants, and Technicians in making sure cycle information, downtime codes, and scrap codes are accurately coded into the Mattec System
- Assures machine is cleaned, mold is cleaned and sprayed, hopper is cleaned, and resins and colorants are labeled and returned to the compounding area at the completion of a production run
- Coordinates and communicates with Maintenance and Tool Room on work orders that have been written to ensure the presses/molds are repaired and back into production with a timely period
- Assists Shift Supervisor/Superintendent in assuring that the Technicians, Machine Attendant, and Utilities are following proper safety procedures during the operations of molding presses. Will immediately shut down and lock out any machine with a safety defect and write a safety priority work order to have machine repaired
- Responsible for aiding in own self development by being available and receptive to all training made available by the company
- Plans daily activities within guidelines of company policy, and job descriptions
- Superintendent/Supervisors instruction in such a way as to maximizes personal output
- Responsible for keeping own immediate work area in a net and orderly condition to ensure safety of self and co-workers. Will report any unsafe conditions and/or practices to the appropriate supervisor and Human Resources. Will immediately correct any unsafe conditions as the best own ability
- 5+ years’ experience in plastic injection molding processing
- Knowledge and application of scientific molding principals
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Some supervisory is a PLUS
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Capable of physical mobility including walking, sitting, bending, twisting, standing, pushing, pulling and lifting (up to 50 pounds)
- Capable of visual acuity to include distinguishing color variation and detecting effects
- Able to work safely in a production environment around moving mechanical parts, recognizing various sounds and alarms
- Able to work overtime as needed
Injection Molding Machine Operator (2015657)
Sets up and operates an injection molding machine in order to shape plastics.
Reads and interprets blueprints and diagrams to select, position, and secure machinery.
Adjusts machine settings to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications, and in a timely fashion.
Sets up and operates injection-molding machines to cast products from thermoplastic materials: Installs dies on machine, according to work order specifications, using clamps, bolts, and handtools.
Sets machine controls, regulating molding temperature, volume of plastic, molding pressure and time, according to knowledge of plastics and molding procedures.
Dumps premixed plastic powders or pellets into hopper, and starts machine.
Pulls lever to close dies and inject plastic into dies to cast part.
Removes finished product from dies, using hand tools.
Trims excess material from part, using knife.
May mix thermoplastic materials and coloring pigments in mixing machine, according to formula.
May grind scrap plastic into powder for reuse.
Maintains a clean and safe work area.
Performs other jobs as assigned by Supervisor.
Completes all associated documentation as deemed necessary by Supervisor.
Adheres to all safety rules and guidelines.
Creates and embraces culture of equal responsibility of safety.
Participates in safety activities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel classified under this job title.
Minimum High School diploma, or 3 years of experience. Desirable to have a Certification through the American Welding Society.
Welding equipment requires technical know how, as does reading blueprints and understanding how the final product should look.
Willing to work in fast paced environment
Willing to work Overtime when necessary
Attention to Detail: Welders need to make clean lines and cuts when welding. Paying attention to the job at hand is necessary.
Strength: welders often need to lift or hold 35lbs.
Welders should see flaws in welds or structural imperfections in the metal.
Good Vision: Keeping a steady eye on the weld as it takes form requires good vision
4 Positions Available!
Major Company in Torrington, CT
3rd Shift: 11:00 PM -7:30 AM
Drug Screen Required (No Background)
- Operates machinery and/or assembles components to produce a finished plastic product that meets customer requirements
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Operates injection molding machines and /or secondary equipment so that cycles and standards are maintained while producing parts that meets customer requirements
Performs a wide variety of functions to process the product to a finished condition
Assures that the completed product meets quality standards and is properly packed
Relieves other operators as necessary
May train new employees as needed
Refers problems to supervisor
Performs other duties as directed by supervision
Maintains Clean Area
Will do a matrix run
Some knowledge of machine and/or assembly operations.
Ability to perform repetitive motion work.
Ability to read and write in English.
Ability to understand instructions and give instructions
Ability to work with measuring tools
- Stands for extended periods of time, performs repetitive motion work and be able to lift 15 lbs. frequently, occasionally up to 30 lbs. Must be able to read and follow work instruction and procedures, write measuring and other information on work sheet.
- Able to train other associates
- Able to make some minor decisions while following work instruction and procedures
- Must be able to communicate work instruction to other associates
Results of Action
- Basic measuring equipment, hand tools, injection molding machines and other secondary and/or assembly equipment, scale and taping machines.
- Manufacturing work environment, some noise.
At Kelly Services®, we work with the best. Our clients include 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 70,000 hiring managers rely on Kelly annually to access the best talent to drive their business forward. If you only make one career connection today, connect with Kelly.
About Kelly Services®
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Blow Molding Assistant Manager
Warren Oil Company has an immediate need for a dynamic Blow Molding Assistant Manager for our San Antonio, TX facility. We are looking for a driven individual with strong manufacturing acumen. The Blow Molding Assistant Manager's primary responsibility is to focus on extrusion and blow molding processes. They will assist in the supervision of the production staff for all shifts and act as Manager when necessary.
Why Warren Oil:
Full time opportunity
Full benefits (medical, dental, vision)
401k with company match
Plan, coordinate, and direct activities within the blow molding area to attain maximum output, with high quality and minimum cost
Oversee the Blow Molding equipment and mold maintenance
Collaborate with Blow Molding Manager in planning work schedules
Assist in the supervision of production staff for all shifts
Identify repair priorities based on the daily production schedule and ensure that all required equipment is operable
Plan and implement effective procedures and policies to maintain all equipment is in top working condition to minimize downtime
Provide technical knowledge and expertise to solve blow molding problems such as mechanical, electrical, hydraulic or pneumatic to blow molding
Adhere to strict quality guidelines established such as weights, neck measurements, wall balance, thickness, etc.
Promote, monitors and maintains high quality standards for all department functions
Perform other job duties as assigned
Associates degree in Mechanical/Plastics Engineering or related field preferred
3-5 years' experience in Blow Molding/Operations Management or plastic processing field
Excellent communication and managerial skills
Experience with or leading maintenance activities including troubleshooting controls and hydraulic systems
Must be familiar with programmable logic controllers
Proven ability in reading and sketching mechanical drawings
Demonstrates initiative and motivation and excellent math skills
Strong leadership and teamwork mentality
WARREN OIL COMPANY, INC. began in 1976 with one semi-automatic packaging line. Warren Oil Company, Inc. owns and operates six manufacturing and packaging facilities strategically located to serve customers in the Northeast, Southeast, Southwest, Midwest, and West coast. Warren Oil Company, Inc. exports to more than 50 countries. Warren Oil Company purchased three of its five plants from Pennzoil. All of Warren's facilities are equipped to manufacture and package a diverse product slate ranging from automotive motor oils to charcoal lighter fluid.
Warren Oil Company, Inc. holds the distinction of having the largest number of American Petroleum Institute engine oil licenses and certifications. Warren Companies manufacture and package lubricants under several proprietary registered trademarks; e.g., Warren, Lubriguard, Autoguard, Itasca, Coastal, LubriGold and Saxon. Additionally, Warren manufacturers and packages automotive, truck and small engine lubricants for several large corporations.
We are and Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Operator II- Injection Molding
Eaton's Aerospace division is currently seeing an Operator II-Injection Molding on 2nd shift to join our team.This position is based at our Camarillo, CA facility.
The Operator I will run production molded parts per workorder instructions with the ability to make minor adjustments on the productionprocess when necessary.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion ofevery employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity,invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. . It's where bold,bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you canhelp us reach ours
You will read and understand basic work orderinstructions/procedures
You will train on controls and functions of moldingmachines, auxiliary equipment and related tooling
You will train on setup of tooling into mold bases andsetup of mold bases into machines
You will adhere to company and department procedures
You will correctly fill out documentation as required
You will sandblast parts and materials
You will select the appropriate mold and arbor combinationto get the desired parts
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives andbackgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company —are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employmentopportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions arebased upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin,disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, orany other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
Must have a high school diploma or equivalentfrom an accredited institution
No relocation provided. Candidates mustreside within 50 miles of Camarillo, CA to be considered.
Must be authorized to work in the UnitedStates without company sponsorship.
This position requires use of information oraccess to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in armsregulations. All applicants must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR.ITAR defines a U.S. Person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident,Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Minimum 2 years of experience as a moldingoperator within a manufacturing environment
- Mustbe able to lift 25 pounds on a continuous basis
Plastic Injection Molding Process Engineer
Overview:"Hands-On" Injection Molding Process Engineer; plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing equipment and processes to produce high quality injection molded products. The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating molding efforts for new program launches, setting up and/or revising manufacturing processes and assisting the manufacturing operations in problem solving and continuous process improvements.
- Develop new processes, assess and document new and existing processes. Implement and evaluate changes to existing processes designed to improve product quality, productivity and overall equipment efficiency.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to process technicians, operators and other molding personnel.
- Maintain and update all 2D and 3D data to latest Engineering level.
- Provide primary tooling, component and packaging cost inputs for quotation of new business.
- Monitor all manufacturing processes and maintain optimization of all equipment and provide support to all ISO structure.
- Work with equipment and material vendors to resolve machine and material issues.
- Monitor and report issues with injection molds, make recommendations for refurbishment based on production factors such as cycles, process capability and tooling history.
- Interact with customers to resolve issues and provide new project updates.
- Implement technical solutions including statistical methodology to meet customer cost, quality, and delivery expectations.
- Facilitate and support facility and manufacturing safety, environmental, and ergonomics efforts.
- Develop and install all new injection molding equipment and document all implementation processes for all molded products.
- Prepare all specifications of all plastic processes and execute all gages to maintain optimal quality and assist to design all control plans.
- Manage all cost requests and establish all manufacturing costs and equipment and maintain knowledge on all safety requirements for various processes.
- Acts as a role model of desired workplace behavior and conveys a positive can do attitude thus enhancing internal and external customer relations.
- Assure professional standards in all conduct and communications and maintain an upbeat and positive attitude.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Proactively supports the ISO process approach to quality management and the Syteline MIS system.
Education, Experience &
- 5 years experience as a Mechanical Engineer preferably in Injection Molding environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in plastics, chemical, mechanical engineering, or mechanical engineering technology
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer (PE), highly preferred
- Experience working with computer-aided engineering (CAM) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAE)
- Experience with mathematical computing and analysis tools knowledge (Matlab, LabView)
- Superior computer skills; well-versed in Microsoft Office Suite (particularly strong with Excel); ProEngineer/Creo/Solidworks/Mastercam/Surfcam or particular program utilized in Company preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of product lifecycle management (PLM), finite element analysis (FEA) and computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
- Knowledge of PLCs and ladder logic.
- Create 2-D or 3-D designs to run simulations, analyze, and tests
- Provide leadership or mentorship among team members; provide support and encourages collaboration
- Strong and diverse technical background in injection molding processing, tooling, equipment, materials, manufacturing and quality.
- Lift up to and including 35 lbs.
Submit resume and salary requirements for consideration. Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. Direct hire, full-time.
Manufacturing Associate - Molding
We are always in search of Difference Makers to help us generate solutions and solve problems so that we can continue flooring the imagination of our customers; while providing value to their lives. We're redefining flooring with products that not only minimize climate impact but also foster beauty and allow people to connect and thrive.
If you would like to make a direct impact with a multi-billion dollar Fortune 500 global leader in flooring fashions, while making the world a better place, then we have an exciting leadership opportunity for you!
Mohawk Industries is the world’s largest flooring company – and we are growing. We are a Fortune 500 company (NYSE: MHK) and our competitive advantages are huge.
Responsible for producing 1 st quality molding products while meeting or exceeding expected safety, quality and production goals. Maintains line efficiencies by operating machine controls, numeric controls, and cutting modes.
Performs required quality tests and measurements using gauges, visual inspections and product order data. Use business operating systems to track and post shift production results. Assist in closing orders and beginning new orders, operate the glue mixing systems.
Monitor molding machine lines and troubleshoots where feasible. Writes data onto process tickets, finished product and enters data on computer system as needed. Must be flexible to work 10 to 12 hour shifts as production schedules may fluctuate.
High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
Minimum of 1 year previous manufacturing experience.
Ability to read and comprehend manuals used in the plant.
Perform mathematical calculations, including conversion to metric systems.
Previous experience in an automated manufacturing production environment is highly preferred.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring.
Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC , Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Job ID 2019-40364
FLSA Status Hourly
Job Group Manufacturing
We offer great benefits including:
- No Sunday work
- Quarterly bonuses based on profitability
- Ownership in the company through our ESOP plan (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Outstanding health and dental insurance
- Leading a small team of people in execution of daily production tasks and in continuous improvement
- Troubleshooting injection molding processes and equipment. Performing problem-solving to develop corrective actions for customer issues or to initiate continuous improvement
- Scheduling people and making assignments to accomplish the daily schedule
- Writing and giving employee performance reviews in a timely manner
- Sequencing production orders and ensuring we meet customer requirements
- Working with a setup person to perform mold and color changes
- Maintaining production of quality product that meets customer standards
- Maintaining the area, equipment and molds to provide the team with an organized workplace and proper tools
- Responsible for machine safety and for following all prescribed lock out procedures.
Royal is a diverse manufacturer of injection molding, urethane foam and assemblies. We serve the automotive, furniture, and consumer products industries. We are growing and looking for talented individuals to join our team!
People who succeed at Royal are those who share the values of our company: Integrity. Stewardship. Teamwork. Hard work. Excellence.
We're committed to being the employer of choice. Our goal is to build a culture of commitment where everyone is respected and valued. Where everyone participates. Where everyone matters. We give our employees the responsibility -- and the authority -- to make decisions. We try to provide the best possible work environment. We encourage creativity. We applaud ingenuity. We reward problem solving. And we recognize that we are only a part of our employees' lives. Our culture embraces the family. We celebrate accomplishments -- both inside the workplace and out. We aim to replicate the family structure on the manufacturing floor by establishing work teams committed to one another -- and to our customers.
Sr Process Development Engineer - Molding
The Sr. Process Development Engineer - Molding at the MedtronicEnergy and Component Center (MECC) works closely with Design, ProgramManagement, Sourcing, Quality, Reliability, and Operations to develop injectionmolding processes that produce products of the highest quality and reliability.MECC Development seeks candidates who will meet or exceed our customers'expectations by striving without reserve for the greatest possible reliabilityand quality in our products, processes, and systems by being accountable,having a voice, and taking action.
A Day in the life:
- Develop and implementnew injection molding processes for existing or new products, including
Fixturing, Equipment, and Process qualification; creation of Manufacturingprocedures, BOMs, Routers, Item Masters, Routings
Provide input into thedesign of new injection molded products to improve their reliability and easeof manufacture
Manage the developmentof new and improved injection molded products, components, and processes perthe design plan.
Manage required buildsfor new product development in a pilot or production setting, includingtraining of operators, coordination with production planning, preparingmanufacturing procedures and work-orders as well as assist in troubleshootingassembly issues.
Work effectively inhighly cross-functional project teams and work independently to accomplishproject goals.
Address broad designissues that impact the success of current and future products.
Develop methods,techniques, and evaluation criteria for product related research and development.
Development and Operations and utilize DRM /COS/ lean principles to createtechnical solutions for product assembly that are consistent with organizationobjectives.
Daily interaction withpilot development teams providing hands-on support for developmentbuilds.
Create equipmentspecifications to procure and integrate systems that will deliver highlycapable processes, cost effective lean tooling and equipment that enable COS.
Utilize DRM tothoroughly evaluate requirements for new products in terms of the test method,process capability and relationship to the customer needs.
Lead developmentactivities through interactions beyond work group with frequent managementinteractions to achieve business commitments including attainment of Safety,Quality, Service, Project Schedule and Cost goals.
Follow establishedprocedures to perform and lead improvement initiatives for detailed, accurate,and compliant engineering documentation for Master Validation Plans, pFMEA,Equipment Installation, Characterization, Qualification and Validation.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
Designs manufacturing processes, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling.
Designs arrangement of machines within plant facilities to ensure most efficient and productive layout.
Designs sequence of operations and specifies procedures for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance.
Adapts machine or equipment design to factory and production conditions.
May incorporate inspection and test requirements into the production plan.
Inspects performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency, and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality.
Develops manufacturing processes that are applicable to statistical process control, and may develop those techniques.
Provides guidance to engineering regarding design concepts and specification requirements to best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques.
Ensures processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
Bachelor of Science in Engineering; Plastics preferred
Injection Molding experience required
4-7 years of relevant experience or an advanced degree (MS) with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
Knowledge of computer applications (i.e.: Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Windows, Visio, etc.) required.
Knowledge of statistical techniques and software.
Experience in developing and / or implementing new processes for existing or new product.
Equipment and process validation (IQ,OQ,PQ)
Fixturing Design, Creation of Manufacturing Procedures, Bill of Materials (BOMs), Routings, Item Masters
Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and applicable Quality System Standards.
Technical knowledge of manufacturing processes
Experience handling multiple tasks concurrently
Experience interpreting mechanical drawings
Experience conceiving and communicating mechanical design concepts to drafting team
Excellent data analysis skills, and proficient in the use of statistical tools in problem solving
Computer skills such as Word and Excel
Knowledge of quality systems
Nice to Have:
DRM Green Belt Certification
Experience with Medical Device Regulation
Experience in medical product mfg / assembly operations
Experience with project management and using Microsoft Project
Tool design experience
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!