Molding Cutter Job Description Sample
Blow Molding Process Technician
Come Grow With YAPP USA Automotive Systems, Inc.
We are currently seeking highly qualified Blow Molding Process Technicians for our NEW Manufacturing Plant located in Romulus, Michigan.
We offer competitive wages and benefits as well as the opportunity to join a team where your opinions and ideas matter. We are a Tier 1 supplier of Automotive Fuel Systems.
The Blow Molding Process Technician is directly responsible for:
- Setup and the correct processing of all machines, equipment and/or processes at YAPP USA Automotive Systems, Inc.
- To ensure that quality parts are produced effectively and safely at all times.
- To contribute to a work environment where fairness, equality and non-discriminatory practices are the standard.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Setup and operate a variety of material handling, molding, finishing, welding and assembly equipment. Examples: mold setup, welder setup or cutter adjustments.
- Ensure that equipment is operating safely and is producing proper quality parts and meets standard cycle time for each process.
- Monitor processes throughout the shift and effect any adjustments necessary to the process. This would include both production rates and part quality issues.
- Monitor scrap being produced from process and effect changes needed to eliminate root cause of scrap.
- While monitoring process record all required process data in either hardcopy or electronic form as prescribed.
- Maintain and clean machines throughout shift.
- Provide recommendations to engineering about process improvement opportunities.
- Duties as assigned by management.
- Ensure there are no quality or production interruptions or errors due to a lack of giving or seeking information.
- Inform Production Leadership, where necessary, of all events affecting the flow of production.
- Recommend and participate in changes to improve efficiency of the process(s).
- Communicate with on-coming team members with respect to shift performance and scrap.
- Take action to promptly correct or remove all workplace hazards.
- Technical Capacity.
- Time Management.
- Organizational Skills.
- Communication Proficiency.
Supervisory Responsibility This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This job operates in a manufacturing environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to grasp small items, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms This position requires the ability to lift 60 lbs. on a non-repetitive basis. Must be capable of working on concrete floors for 8 hours per day.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- The Process Technician position is manned on all three shifts, with hours to be determined by shift. The employee must be flexible to work the “off-shift”, overtime, and on-call hours, both during the week and on weekends.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of High School Diploma or GED
- Six (6) months experience in a fast pace manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Training or certified in hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical, mechanical, PLC, robotics and processing
- Computer literate
NOTE: Over 5 years experience in Manufacturing Industry with familiarity with the listed “Required and “Preferred” can be used for the above.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to troubleshoot hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and complex mechanical equipment
- Technical Capacity
- Learning Orientation
- Problem Solving/Analysis
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- Must have valid working documents to work in the United States.
AAP/EEO Statement To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. Employment decisions at YAPP USA Automotive Systems. Inc. will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Employment decisions shall comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws prohibiting discrimination or harassment in the workplace. YAPP USA Automotive Systems, Inc. does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, weight, height, familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
YAPP USA Automotive Systems, Inc. uses a proprietary blow molding process for filler pipe systems that enables a reduction in components required as well as improved product quality, for example, fuel filler pipes with molded in tabs and featuring multi-layer conductivity.
Molding Technician For Plastic Injection Molding Machines
Great Company! Leading laboratory products manufacturing company located in Petaluma is seeking an experienced Molding Technician for Plastic Injection Molding Machines.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Set up plastic injection molding machines to run concurrent production.
- Has responsibility for following molding operating procedures. Visually inspects molding machine and mold before placing mold in the machine.
- Use hoist, if necessary, to place mold in machine.
- Be able to set up assignments and complete work orders.
- Following set up procedure and evaluation of work order data, to proceed to set up the running operation of the injection molding machine.
- Be able to enter data in computer.
- Before running determine that all auxiliary equipment is available and production is ready. Checking dryers, chillers, mold heaters, chutes, special nozzles, and cleans area.
- Monitor production to run as close as possible to the standard cycle time.
- Operate machinery within the guidelines of all safety standards.
- Maintain quality of product.
- Visual inspection by use of calipers, comparators and gauge pins.
- Removing of molds by following department procedures.
- Responsible for shut down and lock-out procedures.
- Be able to rotate shifts for the purpose of covering sick, vacations and training purposes from days to nights and vice versa.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with a minimum of 3 year experience in a manufacturing environment (injection molding machines a plus).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to operate injection molding machines and auxiliary equipment and applicable tools.
- Bilingual a plus
Senior Molding Technician – Injection Molding (Swing Shift)
Senior Molding Technician – Injection Molding (Swing Shift) Publication Date: Jan 11, 2018 Working Place:Oakland, CA Senior Molding Technician – Injection Molding (Swing Shift) Working at Mettler Toledo means you are impacting the world in important ways.
Our precision measuring devices span the world's laboratories, production facilities, and retail stores. We design, manufacture and service instruments that detect, measure, and weigh - from the infinitely small to the largest of vehicles or airplanes. Working with us means food products are free of contaminants and substances are measured to the highest accuracy requirements for use across the largest manufacturing and pharmaceutical firms.
Mettler Toledo Rainin manufactures pipettes, one of the most basic tools used in every type of chemistry laboratory and many kinds of biological laboratories. Rainin's pipettes consistently rank among the top premium pipette brands in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. We are currently hiring a Senior Molding Technician for the 2nd (Swing) shift to operate and optimize our injection-molding machinery that produces pipette tips and select pipette component parts.
We Have: Global market strength and leadership in our category A brand name that is identified worldwide with precision, quality, and innovation Thousands of patents, design and innovation awards across the Mettler Toledo and Rainin brands Global recognition for the quality of our pipettes which accurately measure and transfer liquids in basic research, clinical, and industrial laboratories. Do You Have?
A high school diploma or GED and 5+ years of related experience in the plastic injection molding industry. A strong mechanical background. A commitment to company safety policies to keep yourself, your coworkers, and the workplace operating effectively and safely.
As a Plus, Do You Have? Prior lean manufacturing experience within a fast-paced, high-volume production environment. Scientific Molding knowledge.
Familiarity with Microsoft Office and SAP software. Can You Picture Yourself? Installing molds into state of the art injection molding machinery.
Verifying the existing mold setups are correct and ready for production. Starting and maintaining proven molds. Recommending and developing process improvements.
Maintaining adequate inventory of molding supplies and place orders for replenishment. Creating and maintaining molding process setup datasheets, work instructions, protocols, and other process documentation. Maintaining a clean, orderly, and safe work environment utilizing 5S processes and other lean methodologies.
Developing and performing formal individual and group injection molding training sessions. Working different shifts to support the molding department as needed. Performing and documenting quality inspections and acting as the owner of molded part quality.
Monitoring machine performance and maintaining production standards at all times. Troubleshooting and eliminating various molded part defects utilizing formal root cause analysis techniques. Consistently maintaining a positive attitude Acting as the molding team leader and team mentor for the assigned work center.
Developing processes for new molds using scientific molding practices when applicable. Lifting and moving 25 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds a few times per shift; standing, squatting, climbing ladders, twisting, bending, and reaching. Using appropriate personal protective equipment on every shift.
We Give You: Medical, dental and vision care coverage and a 401(k) savings plan with company matching – all starting on date of hire Gym discounts, tuition reimbursement, educational matching gift program Paid time off, flexible spending, short-and long-term disability, basic life insurance, business travel insurance, Employee Assistance Program, and domestic partner benefits APPLY HERE. For those who prioritize precision, Mettler Toledo is precisely where you belong.
Learn more about us at www.mt.com/rainin or watch our latest video. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We give consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or protected veteran status.
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here. Mettler Toledo endeavors to make www.mt.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at EEO@mt.com.
Injection Molding Technician
Job Description: s: Ammeraal Beltech Modular, Inc. has a great opportunity for a person in the Injection Molding field wanting to join an excellent team with robust training program including exchange program with sister company in Denmark! Primary Responsibilities and Duties
Ensures all safety procedures are followed and actively works to improve our safety program
Ensures all quality procedures are followed and actively works to improve our quality program
Follows all procedures & work instructions
Works to maintain a clean & organized working environment (5s)
Assists with mold changes as necessary
Participates in shift change meetings at the beginning and end of each shift
Restart molding machines as issues arise
Handle materials required for each individual work order
Assists other technicians as needed to include covering for scheduled time off Required Experience: Knowledge and Skill Requirements
HS Diploma or equivalent
Trade school a plus
Tow motor experience/pallet jack preferred
Must be able to work in the US
General maintenance and tool knowledge required + 3+ years Injection Molding experience ideal
Proficient math skills and attention to detail
Must be able to work 3rd Shift on 24/7 rotation schedule Competencies
Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the injection molding field ideal.
Strong attention to detail
Ability to prioritize and follow-up on tasks with timely completion
Works well within a Team environment
Experience working in a fast paced environment with limited supervision Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this job. Reasonable accommodates may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to frequently lift up to 55 pounds.
This position is very active and requires frequent standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, climbing; use of hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms.
This position requires frequent communications with other employees and freight carriers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Keyword: Injection Molding Technician From: Ammeraal Beltech
Molding Setup Technician
Molding Setup Technician
About Us: The position is with Specialty Product Technologies (SPT). SPT manufactures and markets products that sense, measure and control temperature, position, quantity, time, level and flow in the Process Automation and Factory Automation Markets. The Specialty Product Technologies business unit generates approximately $100m in revenue combined with significant operating profit.
With two locations; Elizabethtown NC (approximately 60 minutes from Wilmington NC suburbs) and Plainville CT (approximately 20 minutes from Hartford, CT), the business unit has more than 350 associates performing marketing, sales, product development, manufacturing, engineering, supply chain management, human resources, finance and customer service activities. The business is comprised of a variety of product lines under industry recognized brand names including Veeder Root, Eagle Signal, Namco, Dolan Jenner, Joslyn Clark, Superior Electric, Thomson, Hecon, and Partlow. The markets served include electronic timers and counters, mechanical times and counters, voltage control components, variable transformers, thermoplastic bearings, safety light curtains, proximity sensors, fire pump controllers, limit switches and chart recorders.
Plans and performs a normal range of mold set-up, process set-up and adjustments, material replenishment, etc. of all different plastic injection materials, maximizing efficiency and assuring quality specifications are met. This is a 2nd shift position 3:00PM to 11:30PM This position is located in Elizabethtown North Carolina
Basic Duties and
• Setup molds per manufacturing requirements • Keep work area equipment clean and in proper working condition • Work in tandem with peers to achieve SMED setup time reductions • Load Material/Clean Hoppers • Mount and clamp tools in machine • Check parts for dimension and finish using precision measuring instruments, make final adjustments, and submit parts to first piece inspection for approval before turning machine over to operator. • Perform minor repairs on setup as directed. • Operate machines or perform other related work as requested by leader. • Works with Maintenance Technicians to assure maximum machine up-time and repair/avoid any machine related downtime issues • Performs all other tasks assigned by team leader as necessary.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS : • High School Diploma; technical associate’s degree preferred • 2-5 yrs experience in injection molding and set up experience preferred; • Knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of injection molding and troubleshooting • Ability to work from drawings, sketches, and process sheets. • Blue Print Reading • Ability to use specifications, charts and tables • Working knowledge of machine capacities of injection molding machines • Strong problem solving abilities • Must be familiar with Microsoft Windows operating systems To be successful in this position, one must be quick to learn, detailed and dependable, flexible, and able to function efficiently and independently in demanding situations. Must have good performance and attendance record in current position. Physical
(0%=Never; 10-20% = Rarely; 11-35% = Occasionally; 36-65%= Frequently; 66-100%=Continuously) Light physical effort, normally 10-20 lbs. = Frequently Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. = Occasionally Good manual dexterity = Continuously Good vision required = Continuously Standing at workstation for long periods of time, in excess of 8 hours = Frequently
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit: www.fortive.com .
Primary Location: North America-United States-NC-Elizabethtown
Other Locations: North America-United States-NC-Wilmington, North America-United States-North Carolina, North America-United States-NC-Fayetteville
Req ID: SPE000158
Process EngineerBlow Molding
About Continental With sales of €40.5 billion in 2016, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 227,000 employees in 56 countries. As a division in the Continental Corporation, ContiTech is one of the world's leading industrial specialists.
Its customers can be found in key industries such as machine and plant engineering, mining, the agricultural industry, and the automotive industry. With around 43,000 employees in 44 countries, the company uses its development and material expertise for products and systems made of rubber, polyamide, metal, textile, and electronic components to combine these with individual services. ContiTech always thinks in terms of customer-friendly and environmentally-friendly solutions – going well and truly beyond its roots as a producer of rubber products. With sales of approximately €5.5 billion (2016), this international technology partner is active with core branches in Europe, Asia, North and South America.
Auto req ID 79656BR
Job Title Process EngineerBlow Molding
Job Description Provide engineering support for Plastics Blow Molding Process focusing on process development, troubleshooting and documentation. 1. Create and maintain process flow diagrams, PFMEA’s, and control plans. 2.
Create SOP’s for operation of Blow Molding Area equipment. 3. Support Production by providing blow molding and plastic welding processing expertise. 4. Use processing expertise to improve process quality and productivity. 5.
Participate in improving preventative maintenance program for blow molding area equipment. 6. Troubleshooting of PLC based control systems. 7. Project Management for assigned programs. 8.
Support APQP activities for assigned programs. 9. Provide support and participate in internal continuous improvement projects (e.g. Scrap and Waste Reduction Programs).
Bachelors Degree in Plastics / Polymer Engineering, Materials Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or related discipline. Specific Skills & Abilities: • Strong computer and mathematical skills are required. • Solid working knowledge of MS Office Suite. • Background in automotive industry design and manufacturing processes is helpful. • CAD are desired (experience with Unigraphics NX preferred,). • Good oral and written communication skills are a must. • Must be able to provide clear and concise direction, guidance and feedback to subordinates.
EEO Statement EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply.
If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Manufacturing Team Member II- Molding 3Rd Shift
At Integer, our vision and values are embedded in everything we do!
If you want to work for an organization that values customer focus, teamwork, respect, integrity, communication and innovation, apply now!
Adheres to Integer Values and all safety, environmental, security and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, Environmental and Security Management Systems, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
Sets up equipment needed for assembly/inspection as per Manufacturing Process Instructions (MPI’s) and Quality Work Instructions (QWI’s).
Understands own tasks and how they relate to others in their team. Works under moderate Supervision where duties are clearly defined. Will follow Standard Work where applicable.
Understands overall production flow within their department.
Assembles component parts as per print. Utilizes both manual and automatic machine operation.
Visually and/or dimensionally inspects parts and/or completed assemblies for conformance to specifications. Identifies and escalates quality non-conformances.
Completes required Device History Records and other manufacturing documentation per Good Documentation Practices (GDP)
May package assemblies for shipping.
Participates in team activities focusing on process/product improvement, problem resolution, and customer satisfaction.
Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
Actively participates in “flex break” programs as required.
Expands skill base through on the job training, cross training and classroom instruction.
Performs other functions as required.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
Minimum Experience: + 1 year of Integer related work experience and/or 2-4 years light assembly experience in a regulated industry required; medical device experience preferred.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow detailed instruction. Must possess the ability to recognize defects in workmanship. Demonstrate competency in assembly processes.
- Ability to read blueprints preferred. Familiarity with microscopes and measuring devices preferred. Previous light assembly experience in a regulated industry with Medical devices preferred. Certification for industry specific assembly requirements such as IPC soldering standards for the Medical device and Military markets.
- Proficient in assembly operations. Work is closely supervised. Integer Holdings Corporation (NYSE:ITGR) is the largest medical device outsource (MDO) manufacturer in the world serving the cardiac, neuromodulation, orthopedics, vascular, advanced surgical and power solution markets. The company provides innovative, high quality medical technologies that enhance the lives of patients worldwide. In addition, it develops batteries for high-end niche applications in energy, military, and environmental markets. The company’s brands include Greatbatch Medical, Lake Region Medical and Electrochem. Additional information is available at https://integer.net . Integer is committed to equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, gender, and gender nonconformity), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, veteran or military status past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local law. Greatbatch Integer complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Consistent with those legal requirements, Integer will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with a known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with a disability if such accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity and feel believe you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the ADA, please contact us at 716-759-5412.
Injection Molding Press Operator*
Saint-Gobain, the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, designs, manufactures and distributes building materials, providing innovative solutions to meet growing demand in emerging economies, for energy efficiency and for environmental protection. Saint-Gobain is a welcoming, solid, open-minded company that offers long-term career opportunities. Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics is one of seven businesses within the Innovative Materials Sector, which is spear-heading the advancement of innovation within the Group. Performance Plastics is a recognized leader in the advanced polymer technology market with access to state-of-the-art manufacturing and research & development facilities around the world. Through close partnerships with our business leaders, our team works to support the achievement of business goals while emphasizing the PPL values of accountability, trust, initiative, respect and helping. By joining the Innovative Materials Sector you are becoming a part of Life’s Material Difference. This position operates and maintains injection-molding presses or other manufacturing equipment to standard rate and check product being produced to specified Quality Inspection Plan to assure conformance to requirements. Follow 5S Housekeeping requirements to ensure work area is neat and orderly.
Safely operate production equipment in order to produce injection molded products according to customer and quality specifications
SPC and data entry
Packing, cleaning, assisting, other duties as assigned
Come to work, prepared and ready to perform the assignment of the job every scheduled day (100%) Required qualifications include:
Stand on one's feet 8 or 12 hours per day depending the shift
Able to push, pull, lift 25 lbs. are a regular basis - This involves repetitive motion
Able to visualing inspect products in order to meet the customer's specifications
Proficency in the English language to read and undestand operating instructions and safety requirements
High school diploma or equivalent OR commitment to complete GED within 2 years monppl Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Molding Injection Process Technician
Job Description Stanley, Black & Decker is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth. Global Tools and Storage (GTS) plant in Mission, TX is looking for an Injection Molding Process Technician who will ensure that the injection molding machines run within quality standards and meet all production goals. Provides technical leadership, interacts with other departments to resolve problems that interfere with productivity. Holds a good understanding of manufacturing operations and related processes.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: * Support the molding operations in the daily work tasks.
Installs and removes molding dies from machines, including auxiliaries and automation.
Set process conditions and start molding machines on initial runs.
Adjusts process conditions as required to maintain quality/production levels.
Performs minor cleaning and adjustments on molding dies, auxiliaries and automation as required.
Performs preventive and minor maintenance on molding machines.
Monitors and keep process conditions up to date an accurate.
Maintains set up equipment, supplies up to date and orderly.
Continuous improvement on emphasizing defect prevention and the reduction of variation and waste.
Responsible to stop the production’s flow to correct quality issues and document any findings and/or adjustments on designated log.
Works with Quality department to improve process control.
Troubleshooting processing problems including normal adjustments and checks.
Verifies process’ parameters and set up machines per set up sheets.
Ensures scrap issues are addressed and fixed in a timely manner.
Assist the Process Engineer in keeping the operations running smoothly.
Enforces safety guidelines and company standards
Performs all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures.
Maintain a clean, safe and healthy work environment.
Other duties may be assigned to meet the business needs.
* High School diploma or GED required.
Associates Degree in a related field preferred. * 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment with relevant exposure to Molding Injection processes (Engel Machines) preferred.
Minimum 3 years of experience as Injection Molding Process Technician.
Scientific injection molding is a plus.
Basic knowledge of Pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanic and hand tools.
Strong verbal and written communication skills Stanley Black & Decker offers its employees a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401K, retirement savings, vacation, paid holidays, and more! "In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire." ## EEO Statement All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
Requisition Number: 52023BR
Business:* US - GTS - Power Tools & Equipment (PTE)
Senior Injection Molding Technician
Senior Injection Molding Technician
Location Clarksville, Tennessee Department (Org 2) HA Business Operations - S20231
Job Requisition 21165
Production At LG we make products and services that make lives better, easier and happier through increased functionality and fun. Put simply, we offer the latest innovations to make “Life Good” – from home appliances, consumer electronics, vehicle components and mobile communications to business innovations in digital signage, air conditioning, solar and LED lighting. As a global leader, we strive for greatness in product leadership, market leadership and people leadership to realize our growth strategies. Talk about a mantra. Life’s Good with LG! We offer an environment that enables colleagues to demonstrate their capabilities, focus on their work and create value. At LG, you're encouraged to take a creative and individual approach to challenges with strong emphasis placed on performance and skill—and equal, merit-based opportunities across the board. We want our colleagues to grow with our global business. That's why we deliver sure rewards for exceptional performance and offer industry-leading benefits. Come join the team!
We are currently seeking a Senior Injection Molding Technician
to join our new and dynamic team in Clarksille, TN as part of the Manufacturing and Production Team! Senior Injection Molding Technician's primary role is to train employees on injection molding and equipment in an advisor/coaching role. In addition, assists with maintaining injection molding schedules, evaluating parts based on quality standards and customer specifications, and assists injection molding operators as needed. Assists with the setup and breakdown procedures.
Responsible for training Injection Molding Operators on equipment and processes
Assists Injection Molding Operators in diagnosing mechanical problems and determining how to correct
Identify training and development needs through regular conversation and observation
Assists Manager with reviewing Injection Molding Operator performance
Assists in the development and update of Injection Molding training manuals
Responsible for visual inspection of production for defects based on standard
Monitor product for any quality issues
Achieve established daily performance target
Operate the Injection Molding Machine, and make necessary changes to ensure product specifications are met
Perform basic troubleshooting and routine maintenance on Injection Molding Machine and auxiliary equipment
Get the proper material to the required machine in a safe and efficient manner
High School Diploma
Over 10 years Injection Mold experience preferred
Experience in mentoring and/or coaching Injection Molding Operators
Strong understanding of production of complex equipment and system integration
Strong knowledge of manufacturing methods and process improvements
Ability to use strong skills in analyzing, troubleshooting and evaluating problems
Exceptional written and oral communication skills
Strong knowledge of manufacturing including machine capabilities and efficiencies, etc.
Some occasional international travel required
- LI-JK1 LG Electronics, USA Inc.; LG Mobilecomm USA, Inc., LG Mobile Research USA LLC, and Zenith Electronics LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the Company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!