Molding Supervisor Job Description Sample
We offer great benefits including:
- No Sunday work
- Quarterly bonuses based on profitability
- Ownership in the company through our ESOP plan (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Outstanding health and dental insurance
- Leading a small team of people in execution of daily production tasks and in continuous improvement
- Troubleshooting injection molding processes and equipment. Performing problem-solving to develop corrective actions for customer issues or to initiate continuous improvement
- Scheduling people and making assignments to accomplish the daily schedule
- Writing and giving employee performance reviews in a timely manner
- Sequencing production orders and ensuring we meet customer requirements
- Working with a setup person to perform mold and color changes
- Maintaining production of quality product that meets customer standards
- Maintaining the area, equipment and molds to provide the team with an organized workplace and proper tools
- Responsible for machine safety and for following all prescribed lock out procedures.
Royal is a diverse manufacturer of injection molding, urethane foam and assemblies. We serve the automotive, furniture, and consumer products industries. We are growing and looking for talented individuals to join our team!
People who succeed at Royal are those who share the values of our company: Integrity. Stewardship. Teamwork. Hard work. Excellence.
We're committed to being the employer of choice. Our goal is to build a culture of commitment where everyone is respected and valued. Where everyone participates. Where everyone matters. We give our employees the responsibility -- and the authority -- to make decisions. We try to provide the best possible work environment. We encourage creativity. We applaud ingenuity. We reward problem solving. And we recognize that we are only a part of our employees' lives. Our culture embraces the family. We celebrate accomplishments -- both inside the workplace and out. We aim to replicate the family structure on the manufacturing floor by establishing work teams committed to one another -- and to our customers.
Blow Molding Department Supervisor
#3454: Blow Molding Department Supervisor: TX location, 30 miles northeast of the Dallas area. Plastic manufacturing facility needs an experience and highly motivated Blow Molding Department Supervisor to join their team.
- Candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the Blow Molding production / operations are running in a timely manner in order to meet daily production, support and distribution activities.
- You must be a high school graduate or have obtained your GED and a minimum of five (5) years experience in injection molding with good plastic processing knowledge and a minimum three (3) years in a supervisor role with demonstrated leadership skills.
- Must have the ability to coach, develop and exercise effective priorities and decisions with production staff.
- Must have machine start-up and shutdown of all injection molding machines and auxiliary equipment.
- Must have strong trouble shooting, evaluating and/or correcting processing experience.
If you feel you meet these qualifications and would like more information, please send your resume in today. Company is offering a competitive salary depending on experience. Ability to work in the US without sponsorship is required.
Manager, Operations - Injection Molding
BWAY - Mauser is one of the largest manufacturers of metal, plastic, and fiber containers in North America, Europe, Latin America and Asia. Our diverse products and broad geographic reach (50 plants throughout North America) have made us a market leader in the general line packaging industry. This position is based in our XXX location.
The Operations Manager is responsible for leading day to day operations of a manufacturing location/area to include safety, quality, efficiencies and meeting customer expectations. Provides leadership to supervision and employees and ensures they have the proper tools to perform their job safely and efficiently.
Leads daily Team Performance Center meetings with Operations team to review safety, quality and production performance.
Conducts production Gemba walks to optimize production flow and efficiencies.
Participates and practices Lean Manufacturing practices to such as Six Sigma, 5S, FMEA, 8D Problem Analysis.
Engages the team in identifying and implementing continuous improvement projects.
Engages production floor employees in problem resolution in order to improve production issues/efficiencies utilizing Lean Manufacturing techniques as needed.
Performs necessary administrative functions such as budgetary administration, employee safety, performance reviews and employee counseling.
Participates in weekly forecast calls to meet customers' shipment deadlines.
Reviews and updates Key Performance Indicators KPIs (Daily, Weekly and Monthly) to ensure facility is on track.
Attends pre-shift meetings to observe and provide feedback to operations team focusing on continuous improvement.
Conducts Behavior-Based Safety observations and works with employees to ensure they are performing their job in a safe manner.
Participates in monthly site safety review to understand problem areas and establish plans to improve overall safety record and reduce incidents.
Meets with Planning and Operations team members to discuss production schedules and changes in the schedule that are needed. Works with production team to ensure vacancies are covered for any planned/unplanned absences.
Interfaces with customers and suppliers. Visits both as necessary.
Coordinates with the Maintenance Department to prioritize maintenance work orders in an effort to improve OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) and downtime.
Ensures employees are properly trained in all aspects of their jobs. Identifies training gaps and develops training plans.
Works with Quality team to review Quality issues through HFI (Hold for Inspection) and scrap process. Minimize rework and/or scrap due to non-conformance through problem resolution.
May participate in Union Leadership/Management meetings and follows-up as necessary if site is unionized.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor degree in engineering or operations management
7-10 years operations experience and 3 years supervisory experience in manufacturing environment or equivalent.
Experience in Injection Molding is a MUST.
Experience in Blow Molding is a MUST.
Management experience in operations, maintenance, engineering and/or process improvement roles including managing teams of people
Previous experience working in a Lean environment; Embraces continuous improvement. Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification a plus
Strong financial acumen including an understanding of the budgeting process and how they relate to KPIs
Machine Setter Molding
MF3000: Machine Setter Molding
To set up, maintain and operate molding machines in assigned area to produce product. Assign work, train
and instruct employees
Tools and Equipment:
Molding machines, auxiliary equipment, secondary equipment, assembly machines, special purpose
machines, air drivers, ultrasonic welder, scales, gauges, hand and power tools, fixtures, hand trucks.
Material: Plastic, steel, brass
Responsible for assigning work and training new employees
Set up from sample parts, set up data sheets, or supervisor's instructions. Setups involve changing of
molds, setting a variety of limit switches to achieve proper mold height, stroke, closing, etc. Set injection
pressures, adjust material feed and back pressure and ram speed. Set heat controls and timers. Set up
automatic product removal system and conveyor for automatic operation and adjust ejection system for
proper removal of product. Perform wiring hookups required for limit switches. Adjust ejection system
for proper removal of product. Install necessary plumbing apparatus and connect temperature control
equipment, parts separation equipment and wiring hookups.
Set up other equipment involving the changing of tools, fixtures and jigs for a variety of operations.
Check first pieces, obtain Q.A. approval and turn machine over to operators. Spot check work and
make adjustments to maintain tolerances.
Monitor operation of automatic equipment, unload parts, cut off sprue and gates and place in container.
Mark correct identification and count on containers. Spot check work and make adjustments to maintain
Make minor repairs to fixtures and equipment, unload parts, cut off sprue and gates and place in
container. Mark correct identification and count on containers. Spot check work and made adjustments to
Lubricate machines as required. Troubleshoot process problems as they occur.
Assign work to employees to meet production schedules. Instruct operators in proper operating
procedures. Make minor repairs to fixtures and equipment and lubricate machines as required. Fill in on
production equipment in absence of operators, maintain dept. in absence of supervisor.
Perform necessary material requirements of the job, mix material as required to support production
requirements. Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
Process Engineer (Injection Molding - Thick Wall)
- The Process Engineer is responsible for developing and implementing process, product and equipment improvements in the plant.
- A background with Plastic Injection Molding or Thick Wall Molding is required.
- A background with Paulson's training is a plus.
- Interacts with operators, engineers, management, maintenance, and customers.
- This position is responsible to develop and maintain robust systems related to plant wide optimization of cycle efficiencies (long cycle times) and job changes. In addition, this position will also coordinate all Major Engineering projects and process or product improvements in conjunction with Corporate Engineering.
- Provide technical expertise for all Engineering and molding operations.
- Provide process improvements through evaluating opportunities inside and outside the organization. Provide focused attention to the quality of the products and processes of company's business, and ensure the safe, efficient and responsive operation of manufacturing operations.
- Challenges of this position include the difficulty of implementing standardized processes and disciplines into an existing culture, the use of process optimization techniques and improvement of processing methods for the manufacturing operation.
- The Process Engineer will have a functional responsibility to implement major projects and product or process changes driven by Engineering , and also assist with new product development assigned to the plant.
- The Process Engineer interacts on a continuing basis with Corporate Engineering and will foster open and accurate communication of information between the plant and all levels of the organization.
- Provide ongoing technical support to plant operations to insure safety, productivity, quality and delivery performance for the plant
- Develop and maintain plant wide systems to manage long cycle times (5 minutes cycle times) minimize changeover time (SMED) and minimize unscheduled downtime.
- Product and process improvement of existing operations.
- Establish guidelines for preventative maintenance of molds and machines. Working in conjunction with Corporate Engineering and machine suppliers
- Assisting plant production and quality assurance in maintaining processes and maximizing machine performance, safety and quality .
- Assist Corporate Engineering with the investigation and implementation of advances in tooling, molds and equipment
- Evaluate and implement material advances in conjunction with Corporate Engineering
- Assist in new product specifications and product refinements; implementation of new product specifications and supplier specification changes.
- Assist in component evaluation for new products and new product testing
- Resource for mold and equipment repairs.
- Establish new process refinements/process controls
- develop standard operating procedures for molding machines and related equipment
- New mold and equipment installations.
- Packaging optimization.
- Provide sales with technical support as needed
- This position requires a minimum 5-10 years experience in a related position in the molding industry, with a preferred background in packaging manufacturing.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the Plastics Industry.
- The position requires extensive knowledge of the molding process, molding equipment and mold tooling. Experience is required in handling multiple projects, simultaneously.
- The job also requires knowledge of the packaging industry, its products, major markets, and requirements for manufacturing.
Molding Material Handler II (Night Shift)
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
This position is responsible for inventorying, testing, mixing and delivery of materials to the Molding department. Responsible to ensure that labeling of materials is accurate and conforms to the requirements of the Good Manufacturing Practice. Trains and mentors other Molding Material Handlers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
Trains and mentors other Molding Material Handlers.
Works with Engineering for process changes/improvement as well as for test runs of new materials and work orders with an assigned EPWO.
Receives and locates incoming materials and colorants to inventory locations.
Tests materials as needed for UV inhibitors.
Responsible for calculations and mixing of materials and colorants.
Mixes raw materials and colorants.
Ensures that labeling and documentation is accurate, and documentation is traceable.
Prepares and stages materials needed for molding schedules.
Configures work orders, materials and equipment. Ensures correct material/machine combination.
Cleans drying equipment, hoppers, central vacuum and material inventory areas.
Ensures there is no machine down-time for material and warehouse shortages; informs in advance supervisor/management of potential shortages or risk of machine down time.
Ensures that materials are properly dried per the manufacturing process specification (MPS's) and tables.
Keeps accurate inventory of all materials and performs cycle counts as directed.
Assists with material transfers and coordination.
Places orders for material shortages or upcoming schedules.
Ensures that lot traceability is not compromised.
Performs other duties and tasks as required.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
Lifting -- Not to exceed 50 lbs. -- local practice may apply.
Field of vision/peripheral
Fine motor skills
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or experience equivalent to a high school diploma.
Two years of related work experience in molding or manufacturing.
Ability to read, write and understand written instructions.
Ability to follow oral instructions.
Ability to learn about and remember key information about parts, materials and equipment.
Demonstrated human relations and effective verbal/written communication skills.
Ability to work overtime is required.
Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
Forklift certification or the ability to obtain certification within 90 days of hire.
Material mixing and labeling
Equipment programming and cleaning
Infectious Control Risk Category III:
The risk category explains whether or not employees are likely to come into contact with blood or body fluids while performing their jobs. Risk category III states employment and procedures that do not require exposure.
Maintenance Molding Technician
As a trusted name in building and infrastructure for more than 50 years, we're a customer-focused company that grows through product innovation broadening the solution for the entire industry. We are dedicated to providing an engaging and positive work environment. Many of our employee’s have enjoyed working for us the greater part of their careers; we have many employees with 20, 25 and even 30 years of experience. IPEX offers opportunities for learning and advancement.
Our Pineville Plant is looking for a Maintenance Technician to join our Team! The successful candidate will be responsible to support Molding machinery and facility maintenance activities. These maintenance activities are to be conducted while ensuring and maximizing safety, product quality, production output, housekeeping and cost control to achieve plant goals.
- Makes repairs to all plant equipment - troubleshoot, repair and maintain all plant equipment and diagnose operational problems in either electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or mechanical phases.
- Regular upkeep of electrical controls, process instrumentation, PLC programming and troubleshooting.
- Modify mechanical blueprints, sketches, and electrical schematic diagrams as required.
- Perform daily shop inspections and preventative maintenance.
- Exposure to metal fabrication, welding (Stick, Mig, and TIG) rigging & advanced Pipe fitting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Electrical, Mechanical, Pneumatic, Piping, and Welding
- Must have experience repairing injection Molding machines, IE Engel, Toshiba, Sumitomo, Husky etc.
- Requires ability to repair and maintain all plant equipment and diagnose operational problems in electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, or mechanical phases without instruction or supervision.
- Welding Certification or in progress (Stick, Mig, and TIG)
- Completion of high school education or equivalent is a minimum.
- Must have the ability to read, write and do advanced mathematics.
- Must be licensed to operate forklift truck, pallet truck and other material handling equipment.
- Have an understanding of all procedures and instructions as required by ANSI/ASQC A9002.
- Must be able to read/modify mechanical blueprints, sketches, and electrical schematic diagrams as required.
- Must have advanced knowledge of operation of shop fabrication equipment.
- Requires ability to design and specify materials
- Successful candidate must complete a background check
Injection Molding And Coater Technician (Valley, Ne)*
At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives. With $33 billion in sales, our 93,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
3M is seeking an Injection Molding and Coater Technician located in Valley, NE. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The person hired for the position of Injections Molding and Coater Technician will provide cross-functional technical support to injection molding and coating operations. Assist in maintaining documentation systems to support safety, housekeeping, quality, and equipment preventive maintenance systems. Provide technical support for injection molding, mold maintenance, assist in mold repair, coating operations, machine trouble shooting, machine repair, process adjustments, projects, experiments and process improvement teams. Promote safety, housekeeping, teamwork, and positive attitudes.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Follow all 3M Plant and Departmental Safety Rules and Regulations, including Lock Out/Tag Out procedures.
Promote and train on injection molding and coating equipment as required by the job
Follow Plant and Departmental LEAN 5S guidelines
Train injection molding and coating personnel on fundamental process controls, material handling, material flow, mixing, and general injection molding and coating operations.
Must be able to follow procedures and assist updating documentation, such as equipment Standard Work, Standard Operating Procedures, Make Orders, Standards, Operating Test Methods, Bill of materials, etc. as needed
Strong working knowledge and able to train on injection molding and coating controls. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, email, and other department equipment computer programs which are widely used within the department is required
Will be required to use test equipment, record test results, and make changes based on test results, using test instruments as prescribed by the documentation. Must be able to operate a balance, calculator, stop watch, caliper, etc., and read precise settings on the testing instruments. Determine process disposition of materials produced per documentation. Follow plant procedure for non-conforming products and escalate quality issues as determined by standards
Set up, heat up, start up, operate, troubleshoot, and adjust process settings on the injection molding and coating equipment per standard. This includes cool down, controlled and emergency shut down on the injection molding equipment. Will be required to identify potential malfunctions on injection molding and coating equipment. Required to contact maintenance, process engineering, technical support or supervision as needed per escalation process
Operate hoists and PIV's that are required used in the area
Adhere to waste stream profiles
Assist department technical personnel with problem solving and experimental activities
Assist maintenance with troubleshooting and equipment repair as directed
Provide analysis, spreadsheets, charts, and graphs related to injection molding processes
Active in process improvement teams
Maintain good work ethic and confidentiality
Successfully complete all designated training
Provide required communications to all levels in our focus factory
Perform other duties as required by supervisor
This position will require:
- Working a fixed 2nd or 3rd shift
This position may require:
Working on holidays as needed
Short notice shift coverage or on-call work
Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
Possesses or in the last six (6) months of completing a two (2) year technical degree in a Machine Tool Technology, Injection Molding Technology, Plastics Technology, or Tool and Die field
Experience troubleshooting and problem solving in a manufacturing environment
Five (5) years manufacturing experience
Experience with hydraulic and electric injection molding processes, and coating processes
Experience in mold care, repair, installation & removal of molds
Location: Valley, NE
Relocation: Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
Responsibilities of this position may include direct and/or indirect physical or logical access to information, systems, technologies subjected to the regulations/compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws.
U.S. Export Control laws and U.S. Government Department of Defense contracts and sub-contracts impose certain restrictions on companies and their ability to share export-controlled and other technology and services with certain "non-U.S. persons" (persons who are not U.S. citizens or nationals, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., refugees, "Temporary Residents" (granted Amnesty or Special Agricultural Worker provisions), or persons granted asylum (but excluding persons in nonimmigrant status such as H-1B, L-1, F-1, etc.) or non-U.S. citizens.
To comply with these laws, and in conjunction with the review of candidates for those positions within 3M that may present access to export controlled technical data, 3M must assess employees' U.S. person status, as well as citizenship(s).
The questions asked in this application are intended to assess this and will be used for evaluation purposes only. Failure to provide the necessary information in this regard will result in our inability to consider you further for this particular position. The decision whether or not to file or pursue an export license application is at 3M Company's sole election.
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Molding Machine Maintenance Technician
Machine Maintenance Technician
Molding Machine Maintenance
Start up machines.
Adjust the process to meet quality product standards.
Perform minor repairs on molds and machines as necessary.
Perform all other duties as directed by the Molding Supervisor.
Responsibilities include assuring compliance with federal, state, government
and/or any appropriate regulatory law or guidelines
Assist in other departments as requested by the manager, supervisor and/or lead
Follow all Safety Guidelines and wear all required safety equipment
High school diploma or equivalent.
Injection molding processing experience.
Self starter with eagerness to learn and take initiative.
Tow Motor experience a plus
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Must be able to work overtime as needed
Inspect and repair hydraulic, electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic, systems on Husky injection molding machines.
Looking for technical person to solve problems by getting to root cause.
Minimum of 2 years injection molding experience.
Perform preventive maintenance procedures as specified.
Must be able to read hydraulic and electrical prints to troubleshoot.
Maintain neat and orderly appearance of plant and molding machines.
Able to use computer to troubleshoot and calibrate a machine is a big plus.
Knowledge and experience on Husky Injection Molding Machines a big plus.
Injection Molding Manufacturing Coordinator
Responsibilities: The Molding Manufacturing Coordinator performs a wide variety of tasks associated with operating machines and producing good quality parts.
Shift: Must be willing to work any shift
Hours of Work: 12-hour shifts (either 6 am
6:12 pm or 6 pm
Troubleshooting mold process problems
Maintain a safe working environment
Effective communication of machine, tooling and quality problems
Ensure that the correct production orders are running to the correct specifications on assigned machines.
Ensure that assigned machines are running at the standard cycle.
Monitor assigned machines throughout the shift, periodically checking parts, performing inspection, and testing according to the appropriate data acquisition plan.
Troubleshoot quality defects and make any process changes necessary to eliminate the defects.
Record corrective actions using available software programs.
Maintain assigned molds, machines, and auxiliary equipment in proper working order.
Effectively communicate machine, tooling, and quality problems.
Perform machine start-ups and shutdowns and ensure line clearances are performed per appropriate instructions.
Perform Inspector Packer and/or Material Technician duties when necessary.
Participate in routine practices and team projects relating to TPM, 5S, Six Sigma, Scrap, SMED, Safety, Quality, etc.
Develop a team environment on the shop floor
Participate in on-going training programs.
Train fellow associates and perform other duties as assigned.
Strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills (written and oral)
At least one year of experience in a manufacturing environment.
Basic mechanical, math, and computer skills.
Ability to organize workloads and work independently.
Technical training or equivalent experience in injection molding technology and/or processing preferred.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with assistance, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and occasionally exposed to various types of equipment that have vibration.
The noise level in the work environment requires hearing protection.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!