Monomer Purification Operator Job Description Sample
Recombinant Protein Expression And Purification Associate
Looking to grow your experience in a great company that is truly employee-centric? Here’s the opportunity to work with a great team with excellent growth potential! ATUM is looking for a new member for our purification team.
ATUM is a world leading bioengineering company. The company has developed an integrated bioengineering pipeline for gene and protein design / optimization / manufacturing as well as unique proprietary platforms for protein and strain engineering. The pipeline relies on state-of-the-art Synthetic Biology and Machine Learning to provide custom made solutions for our customers, including large and small pharma and biotech, as well as agricultural and industrial biotech companies across the globe. ATUM is a 15 year old, heavily science driven company that currently employs ~100 people. For more information visit www.atum.bio
This position is within our protein group. The ideal candidate will be responsible for purification and characterization of a variety of protein types including therapeutic proteins, antigens and assay reagents expressed in E.coli and Yeast expression systems. They will not be satisfied with just doing their part but being part of a collaborative team that aims to continually improve. Proteins will be purified at various scales ranging from high throughput robotic purification to many grams. The incumbent is expected to become a subject matter expert in yeast and E.coli fermentation, in addition to downstream purification operation, including chromatography, membrane separation, targeted precipitation, and protein refolding of inclusion bodies.
- Have 3 to 5 years of demonstrated skills in E.coli/Yeast expression systems, and protein purification.
- Are hands-on
- Possess excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Love to work in a team environment
- Have a demonstrated ability to contribute intellectually to projects
- Are able to complete projects under strict deadlines
- And are comfortable working in a fast-paced setting while retaining impeccable organizational skills
…we want to talk to you!
If you also have experience with protein refolding of inclusion bodies and protein characterization that’s a plus!
PhD degree in Biochemistry or related field, or Bachelors/Masters with industry experience. Must have 3-5 years hands-on experience in E.coli/Yeast recombinant protein production.
This position requires the ability to frequently and repetitively move and/or pour a minimum of 5lbs (up to 25lbs may occasionally be required) as well as other physical activities, including:
- Constantly opening and closing lab receptacles, including removing and adhering plate seals, twisting caps, lifting lids.
- Occasionally ascending/descending a ladder to retrieve lab supplies.
Constantly positioning self to pour or pipette reagents used for the lab process, including large and small volumes.
- Be part of the next gen bio-tech revolution: Quantitative Biology
- Learn new concepts and experiment with new technologies
- Free catered lunch (everyday)
- Excellent benefit package, PTO, Holidays, and more!
- 401(k) & Safe Harbor plan
We encourage qualified veterans to apply.
Phone calls not accepted.
Associate Scientist, Biologics Purification
Scientist II, Protein Purification
Process Development Associate, Downstream Purification
Encoded Therapeutics Inc. is a biotechnology company advancing precision medicines for a broad range of genetic disorders. Our mission is to unlock new opportunities for viral gene therapy through genomics-driven discovery. We focus on delivering life-changing advances for individuals with genetic disorders not addressable with current approaches. For more information, please visit www.Encoded.com.
We are recruiting a Process Development Associate to join our Process Development team. This is a unique opportunity to work at the intersection of genomics and therapeutics and participate in the development of a diverse therapeutic pipeline driven by a transformative core technology. The successful candidate will function in a fast-paced and dynamic environment to support the downstream process development team to develop and characterize AAV based gene therapy therapeutics.
- Responsible for downstream process development related activities and manufacturing of AAV based therapeutics.
- Assist in the development and scale-up of Encoded’s downstream production platform across multiple pre-clinical programs and disease areas, either working independently or in a team-based environment.
- Work in a dynamic environment with upstream and downstream PD Process Engineers/Scientists, Analytical Development and QC personnel and pre-clinical groups to assist in the execution of process procedures, assay development and qualification, study plans, record keeping, technology transfer, writing and execution of SOP’s.
- At least 2-4 years of industry and/or academic experience
- B.S or M.S. in a relevant area of specialization (biochemical engineering, chemical engineering, biological sciences, virology, molecular biology, or biochemistry)
- Strong background in column chromatography and scale-up techniques using AKTA Pure, Avant and Pilot based systems is essential
- Strong experience and fundamental understanding of separation technologies: affinity, ion-exchange and multimodal chromatography, tangential flow filtration is essential
- Must have mathematical ability to develop formulas for preparation of buffers based on normality, molarity etc.
- Must be a team player, exhibit the ability to interpret scientific data, write detailed protocols, contribute to reports, SOP’s and display a willingness to meet project timelines and multitask effectively
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential as well as effective interpersonal, technical discretion and troubleshooting skills
- Computer skills (proficient in use of Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, and Word, GraphPad Prism, SoftMax Pro and Unicorn).
- Proficiency in using molecular biology, biochemical assays and analytical assays such as ddPCR, ELISA, SDS-PAGE and HPLC is desired
- Comprehensive benefits package, including competitive employer premium contributions
- Meaningful stock option grants
- PTO, sick time and holiday pay
- Generous Parental Leave program
- Pre-tax medical and dependent care programs
- STD, LTD, Life and AD&D
- Professional development opportunities
- Team-building events
- Fully stocked kitchen
Encoded is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Encoded is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Encoded are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, color, national origin, gender, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the location in which we operate. Encoded will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Encoded encourages applicants of all ages.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at +1 650-491-0272.
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Is Looking For A Research Associate Who Brings Enthusiasm, Intellectual Curiosity, Scientific Rigor And A Desire To Innovate New Medicines For Patients. Participate In The Development Of Robust, Scalable Purification Processes For AA
Associate Scientist, Purification & Formulation Development – Job #1005
Senior Associate Scientist, Purification Process Development, Bioprocess R&D
Associate Scientist, Purification Process Development, Bioprocess R&D
Associate Scientist, Purification Process Development
Research Scientist Iii-Protein Expression And Purification
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!