Motion Picture Projectionist Job Description Sample
NYC National Publicity Intern, Motion Picture Group - Summer 2018
NYC National Publicity Intern, Motion Picture Group
- Summer 2018
OVERVIEW: The Publicity department in New York creates and executes campaigns for all Columbia Pictures titles, which include elements of broadcast, print, and online media. The team currently consists of eight members (six in national publicity and two in field publicity). Together they build interest and awareness of their film titles through the press which include screenings, stunts, and talent participation.
RESPONSIBILITIES:Intern responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following: • Researching and creating a comprehensive report on the competitive climate • Managing a weekly newsletter to be distributed department wide keeping the team informed of news relevant to our industry and location • Helping out at screenings, which includes checking in attendees and writing recaps • Assisting with talent at special events, screenings, and broadcast appearances • Attending and contributing to brainstorming meetings for all film campaigns • Updating important documents to aid in campaign strategy planning • Researching and planning events for film participation and promotions The intern will gain experience/exposure to the following: • An understanding of the broader landscape of film publicity, and how a campaign is built from the moment a movie is greenlit to its release • How the publicity department works alongside other departments including digital, social, and marketing • Learning how to effectively research using traditional outlets as well as creativity • Red carpet events with high caliber talent • How to plan grassroots events to promote our films
QUALIFICATIONS: • Enrollment in an accredited college/university for the duration of the internship is required (third or fourth year is preferred) • Demonstrated interest in publicity through relevant coursework and experiences • Excellent written and verbal communication skills • Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment • Fluent in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Power Point, as well as all forms of social media • Passion for the entertainment industry as a whole
SPE INTERN PROGRAM DETAILS: The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allow you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further.
You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, and valuable networking opportunities. This Summer internship is from Wednesday, May 30th or Tuesday, June 5th through August 31st but is flexible based on school schedule. All candidates must be able to work 40 hours a week and be returning back to school in the Fall. *Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics. * Sony Pictures
- NY - New York City Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.
Video Projectionist / LED Video Screens Engineer
LARGE SCREEN VIDEO, LLC, a Prominent Production Rental & Staging Company, with operations in Miami, Los Angeles, & Las Vegas, is seeking an experienced Video Projectionist / LED Video Screens Engineer. This position is based in South San Francisco and can require travel in U.S. & Canada, for a dynamic person with solid presentation technology skills. This is exciting opportunity to apply presentation technology skills to countless interesting projects, and presents opportunities to work with LED Video Display Creative LED Scenic applications.
- Must be personable, presentable, and client friendly.
- Requires the ability to solve problems and to be flexible and adaptable to changing situations.
- Must be familiar with current DLP & LCD Large Venue Video Projectors from BARCO, Digital Projection, Christie Digital, etc.
- Project-Management ethos and problem-solving mindset an absolute must.
- Ideal candidate should be competent with PC and MAC hardware and operating systems, understand video signal formats, edge-blending and mapping techniques, be in good physical condition, have good eyesight and a critical eye for color balance, a clean driving record (CDL a plus), Experience with Video-walls and rigging also a plus.
Compensation commensurate with industry, experience, and capability.
LARGE SCREEN VIDEO, an industry leader in cutting-edge a/v technology, provides digital signage, projection, content delivery systems and customized audio visual packages. Our professional crews bring vast expertise, staging advice, and technical support to each production.
Creativity and flexibility in bright, beautiful a/v technology. And impressive images for your big ideas. That's LARGE SCREEN VIDEO.
Custom Picture Framer
The Custom Picture Framer works with clients to create beautiful designs, then fabricates those designs using high quality standards in an efficient manner. We are a design focused business who looks for employees with a creative eye, strong work ethic and seeking long term employment.
The candidate best suited for this position is a reliable self-starter with a dedication to superior craftsmanship and excellent organizational abilities. The most successful employees have exceptional customer service and sales skills while always focusing on quality control standards throughout the framing process.
Responsibilities also include working off-site at trade shows setting up, working the booth, and breaking it down. We are a small business and all staff members help out with activities in all departments at Willow Street Pictures: Production, Marketing, and Photo Shoots as needed.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Custom Picture Framer is responsible for everything that happens in the picture framing department.
· Solving problems in order to address customer needs
· Proper storage of materials
· Ordering from suppliers
· Construction of the frames
· Cutting mats and glass
· Maintaining a high-level organization and cleanliness in the custom framing department
· Inputting, tracking and scheduling client framing appointments by using company software
· Utilizing a “relationship selling strategy” via a calm and reassuring approach when discussing, presenting and closing sales.
· General cleaning of framing department
Qualifications and Skills
Custom picture framing is a luxury business, and previous sales experience to this type of an upscale client is preferred. This also means that a candidate should be well spoken. They should feel comfortable asking questions to determine customer needs, finding creative solutions while over-coming objections and closing the sale.
Good basic math skills required; candidate will need to add fractional numbers every day in order to calculate and cut to the proper sizes. Along with that, excellent color vision is required, as working with color.
The candidate is required to use standard computer programs such as Word and Excel at a basic level, and will need to learn several other programs that are used on daily basis. Also, this position requires standing on your feet for 8 hours each day. You should truly enjoy constructing and building things, as 80% of each day will be spent working with your hands and constructing framing packages for customers.
Previous production-type work experience could be beneficial, as we build frames to a schedule, accurately and efficiently. Dress code is business casual, including slacks, dress pants, skirts, dresses and shirts with a collar.
- Paid Vacation
- HSA Insurance plan
- Paid Holiday
- Paid Sick Day
- Simple IRA Retirement plan
- Company vehicle, laptop, tablet, cell phone
- Working with a small group of passionate people
picture framing, picture framer, custom picture framing, art, artist
Teller 1 - Picture Hills (20Hrs)
Tellers are the faces of our company to many of our customers and non-customers alike. Tellers help customers meet their financial goals by handling routine financial transactions (deposits, withdrawals, advances, loan payments, merchant transactions, etc.) and giving a warm welcome to everyone who comes into the branch. Tellers inform customers of other products and services that meet their needs. At U.S. Bank, you’ll get the incentives, support and tools you need to meet your goals and build a meaningful career. We reward top performance and ethical team players. Tellers have flexible schedules that may include weekends (depending on branch location). We’re looking for people who want more than just a job – who want to make a difference in the communities where we live and work. Apply today and explore what’s possible with a career at U.S. Bank.
High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum six months of experience in cash handling and customer service
Physical requirements: May be required to stand for extended periods of time and may be required to lift bags/boxes of coin weighing up to 50 pounds Preferred Skills/Experience
Basic clerical and processing skills
Effective interpersonal/customer service skills
Basic reading, writing and mathematical skills
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with customers and coworkers
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Bilingual language skills a plus
Job: Branch Banking
Primary Location: Missouri-MO-Kansas City
Average Hours Per Week: 20
Requisition ID: 170039859 U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
M-F, 8-5, overtime when needed. Benefits, sick/ vacation pay. bonuses Please email your resume.
1) Frames pictures in custom-made or stock frames: Mounts picture on backing, using glue. 2) Cuts mounted picture to fit frame, using paper cutter or power saw. 3) Cuts glass to fit frame, using glass-cutting tool. 4) Cleans glass and places it in upturned frame. 5) Places picture on top of glass. 6) Cuts piece of cardboard to fit frame, and places it on back of picture. 7) Pushes or taps brads into frame or uses stapler to staple picture in place. 8) Glues paper cover to back of frame. 9) Attaches screw eyes and wire to frame, using hand tools or staple gun. 10) May frame oil paintings that do not require glass fronts or paper covers. 11) May repair and redecorate old or broken frames.
Cash Office & Custom Picture Framer
Pat Catan’s Craft Centers, Mt. Vernon, is currently seeking individuals for the following part-time positions: Cash Office
Responsibilities include coordinating all cash office operations, deposits, change and credit reconciliation, as well as performing daily sales closing activities and assisting management with monthly sales reports. Basic accounting and bookkeeping knowledge and skills required, as well as strong customer service skills. Custom Picture Framer
Candidates will have strong organizational and customer service skills and the ability to work in a fast paced setting. Custom Framers will have excellent math and measurement skills. Art/Design and Fundamental Framing experience is preferred We
Picture Framing - Auto Mat Cutter, Jersey Sew-Downs, Hinging Artwork.
Special Projects Position
We are an award winning custom picture framing company celebrating over 39 years of continuous growth and success. We are currently seeking a detail-oriented person to work in our high volume special projects department.
We have found that applicants with an aptitude for illustration turn out to be some of our best employees to work on pre-designed framing layouts.
The position requires efficiency, a precise and delicate hand, while measuring accurately.
Good communication skills and stable work history are a must.
Full time work + When Necessary, Overtime, which is mandatory.
Starting Pay : $12.50 to start + excellent benefits.
•Medical, dental and vision insurance
•Short-Term Disability/Long-Term Disability
•Flexible Spending Account
Among many other benefits!
Apply thru Zip Recruiter
OR , You can fill out an application in person, Tues, Wed, Thurs, 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m., or mail to :
Artists' Frame Service Inc.
701 N. Albany
Chicago, Il. 60612
The concept that picture framing is a service that can be done better and more efficiently by using the latest machinery, having better-trained employees, and buying materials direct from manufacturers has been the root of Jay Goltz's vision, since our doors opened in 1978.
Customer Picture Framer
North Scottsdale custom picture framing studio is expanding and looking for the right candidate to fulfill a position as a full-time custom picture framer. Experience is preferred, but not required The ideal candidate will have an interest in art and design and be comfortable working with their hands.
The right candidate must be able to do the following:
* Work standing up for up to 8 hours a day
* Be able to lift 50 pounds
* Able to read a measuring tape and do simple calculations converting fractions to decimals
* Be familiar with operating a computer
* Pay attention to detail
Job responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
* Sizing matboard and foamboard
* Mat cutting
* Folding protective corners
* Assembling laser logos
* Peeling matboard
* Chopping and joining frame moulding
* Shop maintenance (sweeping, cleaning equipment, etc.)
This is great opportunity with an exciting and fast-growing company.
Please send complete resume including job history and pay requirement with a cover letter describing yourself and why you are a great fit for this position. Incomplete submissions will be removed from consideration and must be submitted via this listing.
Experienced Sale / Experienced Custom Picture Framer
Best Lil Frame Shop is seeking an experienced Picture Framer, with experience cutting and joining frames, cutting mats glass and mounting boards using manual and computerized equipment. Experience with framing sales software is also desired but not required.
- Cutting and building frames with miter-saw and pneumatic joiner.
- Cutting mats and backing with Wizard and Fletcher equipment.
- Archival treatment of artwork
- Lifesaver sales software familiarity a Plus!
- Part-Time employment with the possibility of becoming full-time.
Sales Rep - Picture Framing Supplies Company
Company: Don Mar Frame & Moulding
Don Mar Frame & Moulding is a regional picture framing distributor founded in 1969. Our main location is in East Providence, RI with additional locations in Wallingford, Connecticut and Moorestown, New Jersey. We are looking for a Sales Rep for New York City and surrounding areas.
- Develop new business with provided and cultivated leads.
- Manage and expand our current accounts
- Generate and submit quotes.
- Visit and maintain communication with customers to provide top notch customer service.
- Attend trade shows to work company booth.
- Most customers are within a 100 mile radius. However, some overnight travel will be required.
- Previous sales experience, especially in the distribution field.
- Proficient with a PC and the ability to use MS Office.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good work ethics and a positive attitude.
- 4 year degree a plus.
To the qualified applicant we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Car allowance.
- Sales expenses covered.
- Health and Dental benefits.
- 401k Plan
- Holiday and vacation pay.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!