Senior Motion & Graphic Designer
JOB TITLE: SENIOR MOTION & GRAPHIC DESIGNER
LOCATION: NEW YORK, NY
JioSaavn is South Asia's leading music streaming service. We are over 200 entrepreneurs, across New York, California, Mumbai, Gurgaon, and Bangalore, who help music lovers access, discover, and listen to their favorite songs across languages and genres. In early 2018, a merger between JioMusic and Saavn was announced; creating a combined entity valued at over $1 billion.
We blend digital technology, data analysis (which we have affectionately coined Music Science), and a strong, fearless business acumen to reach all corners of the globe. Through partnerships with Apple, Google, Amazon, Facebook, Twitter and Shazam - to name a few - JioSaavn reaches more music fans across the world. Our award-winning mobile products, partnerships, innovations and thought leadership have been featured in some of the world's leading publications, from The New York Times, to The Wall Street Journal, The Economic Times to Forbes, and many more. We are well-funded by some of the world's most successful institutional investors and global media companies as well as a number of strategic individuals. Beyond investing, they are advisors and supporters of our vision, our passion, and our collective ability to deliver a revolutionary music experience as the leader in India.
At JioSaavn, we ignite passion and performance to work towards a collective goal: creating the perfect mobile entertainment ecosystem that delivers the best possible music experience to millions of listeners around the world. Our default mode is that of perpetual innovation. Together, we form a concerted rhythm that goes beyond borders. We don't just go with the flow, we create it.
JioSaavn offers a dynamic and unconventional work environment, full of fun wholesome experiences – from in-office performances by some of the world's most beloved musicians to opportunities for international travel. We believe creativity and technology blend together like sweet melodies. When you choose JioSaavn, you join a diverse world of high-calibre techies, artists, and inventors hailing from companies like Yahoo!, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google, Qualcomm, HBO, Microsoft, Flipkart, Amazon, Paytm, Quikr, MSN, and NDTV. We are one of the few digital companies to provide employment opportunities that meet the Silicon Valley benchmark – right here in Mumbai! Figures, since we've got Silicon Valley covered, too.
Our value-based, people-first work culture is about empowering every individual in our global team to be catalysts for change in this dynamic digital world. Every day is an opportunity to bring your vision to life, and to expand, learn and grow. No idea is left unconsidered. No voice is left unheard.
With listeners speaking multiple languages in almost every country in the world, we like to think we have the most diverse user base on the planet. This has only been made possible because of the value we place on radical inclusivity in our offices across the globe. We believe different is wonderful, and what sets us apart is also what brings us closer. JioSaavn prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We have committed ourselves to creating a safe environment with fair and equal access and opportunities, sans discrimination. We encourage everyone to be open to experiences and perspectives beyond their normal; divergent thinkers create differentiated products, and even better music.
If our vibe matches with yours, we'd love to hear from you!
JioSaavn is seeking an experienced motion designer, animator, and graphic designer to grow and advance our graphic, motion, and video production efforts. You'll work out our offices in New York, Mountain View, or Mumbai, India, and join a team of design junkies, obsessed with type, layout, and style. You'll be responsible for supporting graphic design, animation, and video production needs for multiple groups across the company, from Product to Content to Marketing to Sales.
You should be a self-starter, with the ability to juggle multiple simultaneous projects while maintaining freakishly high standards and consistency with rigorous attention to detail. You're not afraid to edit or cut out anything that isn't essential. You have a passion for storytelling and engaging an audience effectively, often with limited resources. You have a strong point of view, and an ability to articulate and back up your decisions.
* Create beautiful simple animations and videos that inform and delight viewers.
* Design or edit existing brand and content graphic assets.
* Create concepts that achieve business objectives and effectively tell a story.
* Have an opinion, produce consistently great work, and champion simplicity.
* Communicate flawlessly across teams, driving concepts, and mentoring others to help deliver their best work.
* Shepherd the feedback and iteration process effectively, designing and developing assets for various teams and mediums.
* At least 3-5 years of professional experience editing, animation, and/or producing video and graphic design.
* A reel and portfolio showcasing amazing work… knock us out!
* Expert knowledge of After Effects, Premiere Pro, and/or Final Cut Pro.
* Strong knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, or Sketch.
* Strong grasp of design, motion, color, and typography.
Ideally, you'll also excel at least a few of the following:
* Original animation design.
* Directing and shooting live footage.
* Copywriting and/or screenwriting.
* Hand-sketching and illustration.
* Ability to balance multiple, often vastly different, projects and campaigns.
* Conceptualizing multiple solutions to a problem.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
At JioSaavn, we blur work and play, and you get all the perks of a global company. You will get to work with a dynamic group of entrepreneurs, who are delivering results and working zealously across time zones to make a difference in the way the world experiences music. We love what we do, and we think you will too.
* Premium health coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
* Discounted gym membership
* 401K matching contributions
* Flexible vacation policies
* Free healthy (and unhealthy) lunches, snacks, and drinks
* JioSaavn-sponsored team outings
WE ARE PROUD TO BE AN EEO EMPLOYER M/F/D/V
POST JOBS FOR FREE