Motor Power Connector Job Description Sample
Power Connector Product Design Engineer
This position is based in San Jose, California, reports to the Engineering Manager and will be responsible for designing and documentation high current (25A to 1000A) power and signal connectors to support aggressive sales targets. Requires supporting Engineers & Business Development Managers for all related activities.
Design innovative new power and signal connector products.
Create new product concepts, develop connector products or families of products, and fashion variants of exiting connector product lines.
Make inclusive use of computer aided graphic design modeling tools such as SolidWorks.
Communicate with customers on designs and technical information.
Manage project issues and schedules. Coordinate activities of the design, development, manufacturing process, and qualification of connector projects.
Prepare and interpret detail documentation including mechanical drawings, descriptive geometry, and layouts for both individual components and assemblies. Also prepare technical documentation including specifications, test plans, performance and application guidelines.
Perform research and development tasks on materials and processes related to interconnection technologies.
Perform engineering analysis of products and components. Carryout design risk reduction modeling, testing, and problem analysis.
Adopt relevant engineering standards and practices. Comprehend industry standards; specifically Underwriters Laboratory and Electronic Industries Alliance Standards or equivalent included as strategy toward power connector design.
Provide technical expertise and engineering support or training to marketing/sales, customers and suppliers, and manufacturing services. + "End-to-End" product development life-cycle exposure (from conception to market).
Conduct studies on customer proposals for mechanical connector systems.
Engineering degree or equivalent work experience required.
Experienced in Computer Aided Design using programs such as SolidWorks, Pro-E and Inventor.
Strong and effective communication skills
Organized with strong attention to detail
Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
CMS experience a plus
Some Project Management experience preferred.
5 - 10 years of experience in Design and Analysis of connectors. Methode Electronics is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: EEO Poster, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (708) 867-6777 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requisition ID: 2017-1295 Division: Power Solutions Group (PSG)
Power Connector Product Design Engineer
Overview This position reports to the Engineering Manager and will be responsible for designing and documentation high current (25A to 1000A) power and signal connectors to support aggressive sales targets. Requires supporting Engineers & Business Development Managers for all related activities.
Responsibilities Design innovative new power and signal connector products. Create new product concepts, develop connector products or families of products, and fashion variants of exiting connector product lines. Make inclusive use of computer aided graphic design modeling tools such as SolidWorks.
Communicate with customers on designs and technical information. Manage project issues and schedules. Coordinate activities of the design, development, manufacturing process, and qualification of connector projects.
Prepare and interpret detail documentation including mechanical drawings, descriptive geometry, and layouts for both individual components and assemblies. Also prepare technical documentation including specifications, test plans, performance and application guidelines. Perform research and development tasks on materials and processes related to interconnection technologies.
Perform engineering analysis of products and components. Carryout design risk reduction modeling, testing, and problem analysis. Adopt relevant engineering standards and practices.
Comprehend industry standards; specifically Underwriters Laboratory and Electronic Industries Alliance Standards or equivalent included as strategy toward power connector design. Provide technical expertise and engineering support or training to marketing/sales, customers and suppliers, and manufacturing services. "End-to-End" product development life-cycle exposure (from conception to market). Conduct studies on customer proposals for mechanical connector systems. Qualifications Engineering degree or equivalent work experience required.
Experienced in Computer Aided Design using programs such as SolidWorks, Pro-E and Inventor. Strong and effective communication skills Organized with strong attention to detail Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) CMS experience a plus Some Project Management experience preferred. 5 - 10 years of experience in Design and Analysis of connectors.
Sales Manager : Electric Motor, Drives, Power Transmission, And Electric Motor Accessories
Job Summary Has a comprehensive knowledge of electric motors, drives, power tarnsmisisons, pumps, electric motor accecories and will build relationships with all current and potential key customers both directly and through the sales force. Qualifications College degree in business and/or industrial electricity and 5 years or more experience with large electromechanical equipment.
Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in sales and customer service. Supervisory and leadership experience preferred. Special Skills Ability to interact with other employees in a team effort is essential.
Ability to deal with customers effectively and promote strong company image. Work Preformed Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals. Forecasts sales activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
Assists with sales training and works with inside and outside salesmen to improve their knowledge of service related issues and to help maximize their opportunities with customers. Promptly investigates and either assists or directly resolves customer complaints. Company policy requires complete satisfaction to the customer in every case where the complaint is legitimate and justified.
Analyzes sales statistics to better understand past and present trends, thus being better able to manage future opportunities. Researches new potential markets to direct efforts toward services that meet or exceed our profit plan. Regularly travels with individual sales personnel in order to maintain strong ties to the customer and gain knowledge of expectations and needs relating to large rotating equipment.
Prepares and delivers sales presentations to key clients, alone and in coordination with sales representatives. Continuously gains a working knowledge of competing products, services and companies. Creates and maintains strong communication between sales, production and the customer.
Prepares and presents annual sales budget for large rotating equipment. Analyzes and controls expenditures to conform to budget and maximize value. In coordination with the marketing and business services manager, promotes the company in the community as well as demonstrate appreciation to our valued customers.
Cincinnati Enquirer. Keywords: Sales Manager, Location: Cincinnati, OH - 45212
Mechanical Engineer - Connector Systems
1) Initiate new product concepts from Customer Specifications or for internal Marketing initiatives.
2) Assist Sales by performing Customer Specification Reviews, developing Product Requirements based on Customer Specs, and performing customer technical presentations of new product proposals.
3) Turn concepts into product designs. Create and maintain the Product Mechanical DFMEA.
4) Create 3D models and 2D drawings. Must adhere to Product Release, Design and PDM guidelines. Perform analysis such as FEA, Thermal, Tolerance stacks. Prefer Mold Flow as well.
5) Stay current with latest Connector System market trends, manufacturing process and product technologies, developing new technologies as required.
6) Participate on and/or lead concurrent engineering teams. For some projects maintain project schedule, action list, facilitate team meetings, communicate with Suppliers and other functional disciplines, and communicate with Customer technical counter-parts. Adhere to TS-16949 Quality Plan procedures.
7) Direct and manage the prototyping plan to support the concept, design, and production validation phases.
8) Assist creation of DVP&R validation plans, oversee and sometimes perform validation testing, review and sometimes write test reports, provide Engineering disposition/conclusion.
9) Trouble shoot performance or manufacturing issues on new designs, determine root cause. Assist with root cause analysis on field issues.
10) Train/assist less experienced engineers regarding technologies, engineering tools, project management.
Education / Experience / Skills / Qualifications (minimum/preferred):
· B.S.M.E plus 5 to 15 years industry experience. M.S.M.E a plus.
· Must have Solid Works experience, prefer also PDM or ePDM.
· Must have experience with DFMEA, DFM, GD&T, 6sigma, 8D problem solving.
· Must have Microsoft Office software experience: MSWord, Excel, MSProject, PowerPoint.
· Must have automotive Product Development process experience, prefer APQP and TS-16949 experience.
· Must have knowledge of typical automotive environmental and reliability requirements (typical example: GM 3172).
· Must be familiar with USCAR industry standards.
· Must have Connector Systems product design experience. Prefer as many of the following as possible:
· Connector designs and processes for high volume applications
· PCB/ECU housing applications, complex lead frames
· Connector systems such as:
· high-density, techniques for reliable pin alignment, forces
· stackable/modular constructions,
· polarization techniques,
· environmental sealing,
· hybrid combined signal/power connector designs,
· PCB applications:
· space saving techniques for PCB trace routing,
· compatibility with PCB high temperature lead-free through-hole (pin-in-paste) and surface mount reflow processes, and lead-free selective wave soldering processes,
· press-fit/compliant pin design,
· Terminal designs such as:
· Low voltage electrical and electronic signal challenges (examples: Low Voltage Differential Signaling (LVDS), Ethernet, USB technologies, EMI shielding requirements),
· High current/high voltage technologies as in electric vehicle stamped circuitry and busbars,
· IDC connections,
· mating/un-mating forces,
· cable shielding,
· conductor metallurgy and platings.Company Description
Broadcast Connector Technician
Experience with the below: -Low Voltage Cabling
IDFs & MDFs
Running cables and terminating into patch panels
Coax cable using BNC Connectors
Runs, terminates,labels and dresses network cable DIN Connectors: https://www.markertek.com/product/0345-e00-c7202n/kings-0345-e00-c7202n-din-1-0-2-3-3-piece-connector-for-belden-1855a HD BNC connector: https://www.amphenolrf.com/connectors/hd-bnc.html Mini BNC connector: https://www.showmecables.com/bnc-male-3-piece-crimp-connector-mini-rg62-rg59?gclidEAIaIQobChMIqbSfqbHs2AIVDBWBCh0S6AElEAYYBCABEgJjDPD_BwE RG 6 Standard BNC https://www.amphenolrf.com/connectors/bnc.html RG 11 BNC Connector: https://www.markertek.com/product/icm-fs11bnc/icm-fs11bnc-rg11-75-ohm-bnc-connector?utm_mediumshoppingengine&utm_sourcegooglebase&cvsfa3786&cvsfe2&cvsfhu49434d2d46533131424e43&gclidEAIaIQobChMI7u-g1bHs2AIV2B6BCh2imQW7EAQYBSABEgI_MPD_BwE
Engineering Manager Automotive Connector
Develop short and long term business strategy to improve market share and technological presence at Ford
Travel to support programs as necessary
Develop project timelines with input from all relevant parties
Provide leadership for issues between Sales, Manufacturing, and the company
Must be fluent within automotive connector design
Strong customer interface skills
Good English language skills, both written and verbal
Must have knowledge of injection molded components
Connector Assembler II (2Nd Shift) 3:00 PM - 11:30 PM
Under general supervision, prepares cable, assembles and solders connector plugs to cable for use in ultrasonic sensors.
While in the performance of job requirements, observes all safety regulations including personal protective equipment applicable to the use of electrical tooling and equipment and applicable to the use of chemicals including isopropyl alcohol, flux, solder, glues, epoxies and aqueous cleaning solution.
- Operates carpenter cable stripper to strip cable jacket to appropriate length as needed.
- Able to use and apply rulers and other measuring devices.
- Removes foil and cellophane with Exacto knife.
- Strips insulation off wires to exact length using an automatic wire stripper.
- Dips wires and connectors into flux for tinning and into filled heated solder pot, or manually tins with solder.
- Slips plug into wheel vise and with needle nose pliers and soldering iron, attaches the wire to the proper pin on the plug. Ensures that proper soldering techniques are followed.
- Uses a heat gun and shrink tube over cable where needed.
- Operates crimping machines as required and performs hand crimping when required.
- Performs a wide variety of assembly operations including phono plugs; 2, 3, 4, 5, and some 8 pin plugs with various cable size.
- Completes daily labor ticket and paperwork.
- Reads and understands schedules and cable prints, Bill of Materials, specification sheets and work instruction sheets.
- Recognizes different types of cables: i.e. able to differentiate cable lengths and color code ties and recognize discrepancies if they exist.
- Winds, assembles and tests transformers, and performs junction box assemblies and switch assemblies as required.
- Knowledge of cable reeling and rolling sheets helpful.
- Responsible for repairs or rework.
- Tests completed cable assemblies for electrical shorts or other defects and assure cable assemblies are properly wired.
- Responsible for any repairs or rework.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area.
- Performs other related duties as may be required or directed.
- Ability to interact positively as a team member with co-workers and supervisor.
High school education or equivalent background.
General soldering experience. Good manual dexterity.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES:
Individuals may possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirements include: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting.
- Ability to wear protective clothing such as gloves, safety glasses and or safety shoes as required.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with mechanical assembly and/or visual inspection involving small parts/defects.
- Ability to perform repetitively or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.
[Engineering] Mechanical Engineer, Connector Design
We develop innovative, noninvasive monitoring technologies that save, extend and improve the lives of people of all ages, in all walks of life. These revolutionary technologies are helping to solve "unsolvable" problems that have plagued the healthcare industry, while taking the pain and discomfort out of blood monitoring. For more than 25 years, innovation has been and will continue to be our passion.
To learn more about us, please visit: www.masimo.com Mechanical Engineer, Connector Design The Mechanical Engineer, Connector Design will be responsible for the design and development of custom interconnect solutions for our latest medical device instruments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Responsible for the mechanical design and development of custom interconnects, connectors, and cable assemblies for medical devices.
Staying current with latest interconnect technologies, manufacturing processes, and market trends. Responsible for 3D CAD modeling and release of 2D detailed drawings of parts and assemblies. Responsible for managing plastic injection molded parts, tooling, and first article approvals.
Interfaces with project management, suppliers, electrical, software, manufacturing, tooling, and other engineering disciplines to ensure the successful development and launch of new products. Develops mechanical requirements, test plans, and procedures. Coordinates validation testing on new and modified designs.
Participates and contributes in cross-functional design reviews. Utilizes best-in-class tools to develop innovative solutions to highly complex problems. Minimum & Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
Minimum Qualifications: Must have 4 or more years of experience in designing custom interconnects, connectors, and/or cable assemblies. Strong background in designing injection molded plastics Experience with over molding with thermoplastics and elastomers.
Knowledge of contacts, terminations, and strain relief techniques and principles. Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) and stack up tolerance analysis. Experience designing for manufacturability and sensitive to cost of goods.
Excellent conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving skills. Detail-oriented with attention to product quality and reliability. Ability to excel in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to interface effectively with management and cross-functional teams.
Strong background in mechanical design of electronic devices and electro-mechanical packaging.
Familiarity with regulated medical product development practices and standards. Experience designing products for both high and low production volumes. Experience with FEA and Stress Analysis simulation packages.
Experience with SolidWorks modeling and surfacing. Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline. Physical requirements/Work Environment This position primarily works in an office environment but will spend a fair amount of time in a production environment.
Must be able to travel both domestic and international including Mexico on a periodic basis. The ability to operate a motor vehicle and maintain a valid Driver’s license is required. Daily use of a computer and other computing and digital devices is required.
May stand or sit for extended periods and require being able to lift/carry up to 50 Lbs. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.
We are proud to offer if eligible a highly competitive compensation plan with an excellent benefits package including 3 weeks vacation, stock options, 401k match, medical, dental, vision plans and much more! Masimo is an Equal Employment Opportunity Commission / Affirmative Action employer, We encourage Minorities, Females, Disabled and Veterans to apply. NO AGENCIES PLEASE Thank you!
Care Connector Technician
It s Time For A ChangeYour Future Evolves Here Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day.
We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely56.7% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2016. Are we recognized? Definitely.
We have been named one of Becker s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016 and 2017, and one of the 50 Great Places to Work in 2017 by Washingtonian, and our CEO was number one on Glassdoor s 2015 Highest-Rated CEOs for Small and Medium Companies. If you re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
What You ll Be Doing: Conducts outbound member calls following scripted protocols meeting both productivity and performance expectations as identified by the Manager and/or designee. Conducts all calls in a courteous and customer friendly manner. Verifies member eligibility according to the appropriate eligibility system. Documents agreement to participate in Care Coordination program according to prepared script and protocols. Conducts outreach calls, collecting demographic and survey data according to script, tools, and protocols. Refers member to a case/care manager when indicated based on established guidelines. Communicates directly with members to identify any care coordination needs and to provide information regarding health care access and preventive health interventions/screening. Completes member specific interventions according to program guidelines and the member specific care plans developed by case/care managers. Identifies members immediate and future CM, Special needs, Behavioral Health, and Disease Management needs according to program guidelines. Improves and/or maintains the member s health status and quality of life. Educates members regarding community resources and access to care. Increases member's adherence to program guidelines by coordinating with primary care physicians. Interacts with providers and other plan staff as needed to meet member objectives and improve health outcomes Reports member status/progress to the designated case/care manager and Manager and/or designee. Performs clerical responsibilities such as processing/scanning documents, mailing requests, faxing documents, and document retrieval. Enters member data into various software platforms: Identifi, EPSDT application, Incentive application and Mommy Steps database. Communicates case specific information as indicated to providers. Information includes, but is not limited to, member identification number, status of health screens and immunizations. Assists members with: obtaining physician appointments, resolving transportation issues, obtaining appointments for preventive health screenings, and telephonic appointment reminders. Assists with the generation and processing of member correspondence and educational material. Documents information required for the purpose of outcome measurements. Participates in program activities and project work. Attends required training on an annual basis. Complies with Passport and HIPAA confidentiality standards to protect the confidentiality of member information. Completes reports as requested by Supervisor or Manager, such as incentive reports or individual production reports. HRA entry via forms received in the mail or during inbound/outbound phone calls. Perform other duties and projects as assigned. Key Competencies/Success Factors: Lives the values: Integrity, Community, Collaboration and Stewardship, as defined in the performance appraisal. Strong project management, time management, and leadership skills. Proficient experience using Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint in a Windows operating system. Solid problem-solving and business acumen skills. Able to manage multitask work in a strong-paced environment. Able to work alone on a broad variety of projects. Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in course of work. Position Qualifications/
Education, Training and Experience: Bachelor s degree preferred. Medical assistant, home health aide, nursing assistant, or other similar health care para-professional training preferred. 1-3 years of experience as a Case Management Technician or comparable experience preferred. Licenses, Registrations or Certifications Certification as a para-professional, medical assistant, home health aide, or nursing assistant preferred. Valid driver s license with car insurance. Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Retail Connector - LA
PLEASE APPLY THROUGH https://ryuapparel.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=64 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE.
As our Retail Connector, you embody what it means to be beautiful tough. You are passionate about connecting people with products and services that will enhance their lives while being supported by a team that’s building an award-winning legacy as the world’s next iconic global brand.
Working inside our store, you connect athletes with products, training, nutrition and their community. You are an active listener, always willing to “make it work” with the support of your team. Most importantly, you embody the RYU culture and brand by championing each individual on their personal athletic journey as far and as fast as they choose to go.
Who We're Looking For
- You are bright, fun, athletic and open-minded
- Deliver an exceptional customer experience
- Connect with each and every athlete through authentic interactions
- Ensure athletes are aware of upcoming RYU events
- Share your energy and passion for RYU
- Are a RYU fit, fabric and function expert
- Live the RYU culture of respect, curiosity, bold expression, aliveness and discipline
- Demonstrate healthy living and an active lifestyle
- Always strive to grow personally and professionally
- Prepare the store daily – restocking garments, sizing, folding, style and section organizing
- Stay on top of new products, trends and initiatives
Education and Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years experience in a retail sales & customer service
- Must be Athletically minded
- Grade 12 education
- Performance sport apparel sales an asset
- Microsoft office knowledge
- Enjoy 60% employee discount
- Be part of a movement that is disrupting athletic apparel innovations
- Free new team member gear
- Join the best community builders in town
- Surround yourself with athletic minded individuals
- Free or discounted workout offered by partner companies
- Grow with us ... our team has grown 45% in 2017
- Competitive Pay
- #4 of 16 best Vancouver companies to work for!
Where your passion meets your career.
PLEASE APPLY THROUGH https://ryuapparel.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=64 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE.
Respect Your Universe is tailored innovation for the urban athlete. Designed without compromise, RYU apparel and accessories are built to facilitate human performance.
Come work with us - RYU was just ranked #4 of 16 best Vancouver companies to work for!
Like what you hear? If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, apply with your resume and cover letter. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in RYU.
If you’re bright, fun, athletic and want to work with a talented team please send your CV today!
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!