Motor Room Controller Job Description Sample
Senior Principal Mechanical Engineer (Solid Rocket Motor Nozzle Design)
Type: Full-time direct employment with Vitaver Staffing Client
Salary: $110,000 to $150,000 range depending on your level of expertise.
Additional Information: Full-time benefits, relocation assistance and interview travel reimbursement are available.
Description: Our Client, a technology and innovation leader in defense and cybersecurity solutions is hiring a Senior Principal Mechanical Engineer (Solid Rocket Motor Nozzle Design) in Sacramento, CA.
• Design, analysis, fabrication, integration and testing of solid rocket motor nozzles;
• Responsible for requirements as it pertains to environmental loading and flow down to mechanical subsystems, putting forth and leading the mechanical architecture of a product;
• Lead the design phase enabling early cycles of learning, establishing critical design elements and processes;
• Lead the delivery of the Tech Data Package (TDP);
• Influence integration & qualification plans and model correlation;
• Maintain the design integrity during the production sustainment life cycle;
• Lead diverse teams, providing technical oversight to a team often comprised of cross functional disciplines, leveraging their network of Subject Matter Experts;
• Perform a wide variety of design tasks in support of the engineering and manufacturing organizations;
• Develop solutions to a variety of complex problems using established precedents and policies for guidance;
• Responsible for control and release of drawings / models using data management tools such as Windchill;
• Occasional travel may be required.
• Experience in mechanical design of solid rocket motors (10+ years);
• Experience with propulsion systems;
• Experience of CREO Parametric (Pro / Engineer) solid modeling CAD tool and using Windchill data management (PDM) tool;
• Experience as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in conceptual, developmental, and production design phases;
• Experience as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in basic principles, theories and concepts for creation and preparation of engineering design documentation;
• Experience performing complex tasks such as preparation of all types of detail drawings, large assemblies, castings or other preforms, interface drawings, various layouts for design concepts, and many other high level tasks;
• Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and first order tolerance analysis;
• Experience with leading teams and projects and demonstrates leadership skills;
• Experience with and presenting to FRB, ERB, CCB, MRB, PCB, PMAB, etc. (preferred);
• Existing DoD Secret clearance (preferred);
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering (required).
• Join a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world;
• Work with a stable company with a track record of success and growth since 1922;
• Benefit from health, vision and dental insurance plans offered to employees;
• Become eligible for disability insurance and employer matching 401(k) program;
• Enjoy paid time off, vacations and holidays and flexible work schedule;
• Get incentive towards your Master's degree.
Temporary Motor Vehicle Compliance Technician
Sr Engineer - Solid Rocket Motor Nozzle Design
Sr. Principal Mechanical Engineer: Solid Rocket Motor Nozzle Design
Job Type: Full-Time
The Mechanical Subsystems Directorate (MSD) is seeking a Principal Mechanical Engineer at our Sacramento site that is responsible for solid rocket motor nozzle design. The candidate should have significant experience in the design, fabrication and testing of a variety of nozzle configurations including simple fixed nozzles and complex, movable nozzles. The candidate should also be familiar with different industry nozzle materials and manufacturing processes associated with the fabrication of nozzles as well as the development testing and qualification of nozzles for production.
Candidate will be responsible to requirements as it pertains to environmental loading and flow down to mechanical sub-systems, putting forth and leading the mechanical architecture of a product, leading the design phase enabling early cycles of learning, establishing critical design elements and processes, leading the delivery of the Tech Data Package (TDP), influence integration & qualification plans and model correlation, and maintain the design integrity during the production sustainment life cycle.
This position will focus on design, analysis, fabrication, integration and testing of solid rocket motor nozzles. The candidate will be expected to effectively present their work in program and business unit reviews and to provide expert counseling and mentoring. The selected candidate will be expected to lead diverse teams, providing technical oversight to a team often comprised of cross functional disciplines, leveraging their network of Subject Matter Experts.
The candidate will perform a wide variety of design tasks in support of the engineering and manufacturing organizations. They will develop solutions to a variety of complex problems using established precedents and policies for guidance. The work is performed without appreciable direction either individually, in a team environment, or in a supervisory capacity. The senior level designer will use Computer Aided Design (CAD) systems to prepare mechanical design layouts, detail and assembly drawings and models (including but not limited to packaging, mechanisms, and castings) and related documentation in conformance to appropriate program and/or military specifications. The candidate will also be responsible for control and release of drawings/models using data management tools such as Windchill.
As a Principal Engineer, the individual is expected to function without appreciable direction or supervision exercising considerable latitude in defining terms and conditions of deliverables in collaboration across Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, and Quality. Candidates should possess and articulate a proven record of delivered performance through data driven decision making, risk and opportunity management, and systems thinking to assure delivered product performance relative to the brand name. Additionally, the candidate will promote a teaching culture in developing new talent through intentional engagement of early career and mid-level engineers to share knowledge, lessons learned, and best practices.
Education & Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Minimum of ten (10) years of mechanical design experience in solid rocket motors
- Expert experience of CREO Parametric (Pro/Engineer) solid modeling CAD tool and expert using Windchill data management (PDM) tool
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in
- Conceptual, developmental, and production design phases
- Basic principles, theories and concepts for creation and preparation of engineering design documentation
- Ability to identify and correct design, model, or drawing errors/omissions/deficiencies and recommend corrective actions or improvements
- Expert knowledge with the ability to perform complex tasks such as preparation of all types of detail drawings, large assemblies, castings or other preforms, interface drawings, various layouts for design concepts, and many other high-level tasks
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) expert and perform first order tolerance analysis
- Experience with leading teams and projects and demonstrates leadership skills
- Ability to obtain secret clearance, with US Citizenship
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities from multiple sources
- Demonstrated ability to put forth and drive technical execution plans
- Experience with and presenting to FRB, ERB, CCB, MRB, PCB, PMAB, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; ability to learn and use internal tools
- Effective interpersonal, communication and networking skills, ability to work well with others including customers and suppliers
- Motivated self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work in a team environment with timely problem resolution utilizing a professional, positive, proactive attitude, strong customer focus, and a desire to help others
- Ability to recognize roadblocks/issues and elevate/suggest appropriate corrective action
- Strong attention to detail and work ethic
- Existing DoD Secret clearance preferred
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment
Motor Vehicle Compliance Technician
Motor Shop Lean Site Technician Lead
Motor Vehicle Office Manager A
Motor Vehicle Specialist, MV Spec II Or MV Spec III - Centennial
Motor Vehicle Dispatcher- Pfpa CHS
Ops Motor Vehicle Operator - 67965392
Commercial Motor Vehicle Driver
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!