Motor Vehicle Light Assembler Job Description Sample
Light Electronics Assembler
We have an excellent opportunity for a Light Electronics Assembler for a leading manufacturing company in Boothwyn. This is a contract to hire opportunity. Responsible for assembling small electronic components utilizing soldering and hand tools as necessary. Accuracy and speed are essential.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities
- Perform variety of tasks to assemble electronic components, subassemblies, or products.
- Join or secure parts in place, using hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment.
- Perform on-line testing and inspection using magnifying devices, measuring instruments, and electronic test equipment, to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards.
- Follow production drawings and sample assemblies or verbal instructions carefully and consistently.
Personal Qualities for Job
- Sit and work at a bench for extended periods of time
- Perform repetitive tasks carefully and consistently
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance
- Work closely with others in a team environment
- Communicate effectively with fellow team members
- Track and contribute to production goals
- Cross train and learn in the different production areas
- Fine motor skills and manual dexterity
- Adequate vision to perform tasks
- Reading and following instructions
- High school degree or equivalent
Please email your resume and salary requirements for immediate consideration
Motor Vehicle Operator (Secret Clearance Required)
Motor Vehicle Operator (Secret Clearance)
Schofield Barracks, Hawaii.
Clearance Needed: Active Secret or Higher
Salary: Competitive and Negotiable with benefits
Full Time (40/hrs a week)
Operates gasoline and diesel-powered trucks or truck tractors, buses, fuel trucks, forklifts and material handling equipment. Works under general supervision and guidance of the Operations Branch Supervisor.
Essential job functions include:
- A dedicated professional with a good work ethic.
- Operates gasoline and diesel powered trucks or truck tractors with or without semi-trailers or full trailers coupled by use of a turntable (fifth wheel) or pivotal hook to transport articles and materials on government and public roads/highways.
- Operates a bus for transporting military and civilian passengers with rated capacity of 10 or more passengers on scheduled and special long and short trips over government and public roads/highways.
- Ability to obtain Material Handling Equipment (HME), such as forklifts with the capacities varying from 2,000 - 45,000 lbs. and Container Handler (RETCH) with the capacity of 50,000 lbs. certifications, respectively, as high as 168 inches to move, load or unload, transfer, transport, and stack or unstack palletized goods, boxes, crates, merchandise, Hazardous and Non-Hazardous materials and supplies from one location to another.
- Operates fuel truck and distributes fuel to customers for use in generators, light sets, fuel cans, etc.
- Ensures loads are loaded accurately and properly and performs pre-trips and post trips inspections daily.
- Utilizes Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), as required for the task.
- Ability to follow complex and simple instructions and completes missions safely and within prescribed safety standards and contract requirements, while adhering to all Federal, State, local regulations and company policies/procedures, etc.
- Ability to adapt to an ever changing environment (delays, unexpected events, etc.) and enjoys a fast-paced environment.
- Will be required to perform housekeeping of work area and may be assigned to support contract support requirements in a job-related area such as environmental, safety, and security.
- May be required to handle hazardous material/hazardous waste, if proper certification is held, and be cross-utilized in other job areas.
Additional duties may include: coupling truck tractor and semi-trailer or truck and trailers; direct the arranging of and proper security of cargo.
• Occasionally will drive other types and sizes of vehicles (i.e., tactical vehicles, etc.) for which qualified and licensed, when required due to workload/mission requirements.
• May assist customers during loading and unloading.
• Assists in evaluating CDL A Company employees.
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Experience working at a government site/facility Appropriate certifications and experience as determined by company's Safety Officer.
- U.S. Citizenship Current DoD Secret Security Clearance required.
- Current/Clean Hawaii Class A Commercial Driver license required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Passenger (P) and Tanker/Hazardous Material (X) Endorsement within 120 days of employment.
- All candidates will be required to pass a consumer report and/or consumer investigation to include SSN, Driver Record and Criminal Background Investigation.
- Pre-employment drug testing required, random drug testing is also a requirement on this contract.
- Pre-employment physical required.
Motor Vehicle Mechanic
The Motor Vehicle Mechanic repairs, rebuilds, or overhauls major assemblies of internal combustion automobiles, buses, trucks or tractors. Work involves most of the following: Diagnosing the source of trouble and determining the extent of repairs required; replacing worn or broken parts such as piston rings, bearings, or other engine parts; grinding and adjusting valves; rebuilding carburetors; overhauling transmissions; and repairing fuel injection, lighting, and ignition systems. In general, the work of the Motor Vehicle Mechanic requires rounded training and experience usually acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent.
Be advised that you are only required to apply for ONE position. Pick your best employment opportunity and only apply once. If you apply for more than one position, all applications will be deleted and you will not be considered for any open positions.
Ensure you have all the qualities and experience listed in the job description before applying or your resume will be discarded.
If directions are not followed as per above, your resume will be deleted form the system and you will be forced to re-apply following all terms outlined.
Motor Vehicle Clerk
Motor Vehicle Clerk - Experienced motor vehicle clerk needed for multi-franchise dealership.
Competitive salary and benefit package.
Ideal candidate would have experience:
Processing out of state and/or NJ DMV
Motor Assembler III
The Motors Assembler III assembles new electric motors and repairs motors that have been in service for one or more years.
For new motors, all material is received from the Stock Room, Machine Shop, or Winding Room. Repair Motors go to the Test Department first for electrical tests - then to the Motor Assembly & Repair Department.
- New Motors are assembled by Motor Assembler I, II and III depending on size and complexity. Repair Motors are Evaluated and Repaired only by Motor Assembler I.
- For New Motors:
- Parts are stockpiled until there are no parts missing.
- Armature or Rotor is balanced on Balancing Machine to eliminate vibration and noise.
- Parts, including frame, brackets, stator, rotor, and many others are assembled per the drawings and the motor is checked for run-out.
- It then goes to test and is checked for opens or grounds.
- After test, it goes to painting and shipping
- For Repair Motors:
- Motors first go through an Evaluation. The motor is torn down completely, all parts are identified, and recommendations concerning what parts should be replaced are entered into the Evaluation & Repair Report and the motor is stored
- Evaluation is then checked by QA and all information is sent to Sales. The Customer Service Specialist contacts the Customer and the motor is either scrapped or refurbished. If it is a Government motor, and it is scrapped, it must be witnessed by a Government Representative.
- If the motor is refurbished, it is put on a local Manufacturing Department schedule.
- A Refurbishing Kit that was previously assembled is used.
- The parts are all washed in dielectric solvent
- Armature or Rotor is balanced on Balancing Machine to eliminate vibration and noise.
- The motor is assembled based on the drawings and the parts list, and then goes to Inspection and Test - minor adjustments are sometimes required.
- The motor then goes to Painting
- It is then returned to Motor Assembly & Repair for the installation of stencils, nameplates and external hardware
- The motor then goes back to inspection and is shipped.
Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor Motor Assembly & Repair / Winding.
Setup- Operation- Maintenance- Has attained a moderate level of proficiency and requires general supervision. Experience runs from Entry Level up to 2 or more years. Must have Mechanical Ability and a basic knowledge of Hand Tools. Learning to use Inspection Equipment.
Quality/Continuous Improvement/Productivity - Inspects own work - assists in improving assembly and disassembly procedures. Participates on Continuous Improvement Task Teams.
Problem Solving- Can work out many of the problems that arise concerning work being performed- Utilizes the experience of the Level I & II Motor Assembler, Job Leader Motor Assembly and the Supervisor- Motor Assembly & Repair and Winding.
Blueprints & Traveler- Learning to read Blueprints. Can correctly interpret the assembly requirements and Traveler documents, but may need some assistance when working on new, or more complex, jobs.
Job requires both sitting, standing and walking. Overhead cranes are available in all work areas. There is no requirement to lift more than 50 pounds.
Environmental / Safety Issues
- Keeps work area clean and free of extraneous materials.
- Spends 75% to 95% of time in Motor Assembly & Repair work area.
- Ensures that all safety procedures are followed as stated on posted signs and in Company policy.
- Has normal exposure to dielectric solvent.
- Follows all safety rules applicable to machines and equipment as stated on posted signs and in Company policy.
Cross Training: Cross trains on all types of motors as directed by Supervisor Motor Assembly & Repair / Winding.
Finished Product: Ensures that the equipment meets all required tests and that it is moved to the next position on the Traveler in a timely manner.
Education / Certification
High school or trade school graduate preferred with a minimum of up to 2 years' experience in Motor Repair for entry level position.
Motor Vehicle Mechanic Helper
Motor Vehicle Mechanic Helper
Description Cleans, inspects and performs light maintenance onlight duty motor vehicles. Assists inthe pick-up and delivery of test vehicles. Drives specified routes to collect on road data. Assists mechanics andengineers with other garage and lab related tasks as requested. Qualifications
Required: HighSchool graduate. Minimum of 5 years of relative experience in an automotiveindustry related business. Requiresexperience with inventory control, ordering of materials, stocking and storingof automotive related items. Experience with vehicle cleaning, oil changes,tire repair and basic vehicle maintenance, repair or restoration. Proficient in use personal computers and someexperience with use of MS Word, Excell and Outlook office applications. Ability to drive light duty commercial trucks andmanual transmission vehicles. Must have extensive customer service andsupport work experience. Some pastexperience in work place safety programs. Well organized individual that enjoys multi-tasking on daily basis Must currently have less than 4 points ondriving record and without DUI/Visibly Impaired or Reckless Driving charges forthe past 5 years.
Desirable: Vehicle knowledge and or experience withdriving test vehicles. CDL “A” License Some experience with major vehicle repairs and passionof working with motor vehicles. Unusual or SpecialPhysical Requirements of Position Specify % of Time Physical
* PPE required includes safety glasses, safety shoes, gloves, lab coats, bump cap, and occasional hearing protection - 100% * Lifting up to 50 pounds - 10% * Climbing - 0% * Crawling under vehicles to perform maintenance and / or equipment installation - 5% * High noise level - 5% Description of WorkEnvironment Specify % of Time Work Environment:
Inside facility - 90%;Standard office 10% Garage or Lab setting
Driving consumer and customer vehicles on public roads - 10% Equipment and
Machines Involved in Work Tasks Specify % of Time Equipment and Machines:
Computer - 50% * Copier - 20% * FAX- 20% Criticality ofAttendance
Monday through Friday with occasional overtime which may include weekends as required
Regular attendance and punctuality is critical
Primarily dayshift with flexibility to change hours or shift with notice Other EssentialFunctions
Must take and pass a drug test and background check.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
Must possess a valid MI driver's license. Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Primary Location United States-Michigan-Ann Arbor
Req ID: PFO0000Y7
Home Delivery Motor Vehicle Operator (Flex)
United States-Hawaii-Honolulu Job Number: 170003MX MUST HAVE VALID CDL DRIVER'S LICENSE WITH A CLASS "A" OR "B" ENDORSEMENT. ABLE TO PASS A MOTOR VEHICLE RECORDS CHECK AND PRE-EMPLOYMENT
Operates a truck having a gross vehicle weight over 26,000 lbs and under 32,000 lbs on public roads to deliver merchandise.
Prepares and packs merchandise; delivers and installs in customer's homes. Duties and
Operates a motor vehicle having a gross vehicle weight over 26,000 and under 32,000 pounds to pickup and deliver home furnishings and related items to customer's homes. Completes trip tickets and driver accident reports.
Completes pre and post trips inspection reports and performs preventive maintenance on assigned vehicle (or vehicle being utilized for that days work).
Loads and unloads vehicle, using handcart, pallet-jack, forklift, etc. ensuring care is taken to prevent damage. Installs merchandise in customers homes.
Assembles furniture prior to delivery or in customer's homes using common hand tools.
Exercises tact and courtesy when assisting and dealing with customers.
May repair minor damage to furniture using stain, glues, etc.
May perform warehousing duties associated with the receipt, storage and issue of resale merchandise. May assist in moving merchandise in the showroom for display purposes.
May be assisted in delivering merchandise by another associate.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. PHYSICAL EFFORT:
Light physical effort is used in operating the controls of the vehicle and heavy effort may be required in frequent handling and lifting objects over 100 lbs with assistance. WORKING CONDITIONS: Works outside and is occasionally exposed to bad weather while loading or unloading vehicles.
Is exposed to the possibility of accidents while driving in all types of weather; is subject to cuts, bruises and broken bones as a result of accidents while driving or unloading/loading vehicles. Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the applicant fails to report to the scheduled drug test appointment.
Incumbents of drug testing designated positions will be subject to random testing. Drug test results will be provided to the employing activity/command
One year of experience that provided the knowledge and ability to perform the duties of operating a large vehicle. SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE:
One year of high school education may be substituted for 3 months of general experience up to a High School Diploma or GED for one year of general experience.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Three years of experience operating a large vehicle with a gross vehicle weight between 26,000 lbs. to 32,000 lbs. Possession of a valid state commercial driver's license (CDL) with a class "A" endorsement for tractor trailers and combination vehicles.
Must meet Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and medical requirements and pass a pre-employment drug screening. Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the applicant fails to report to the scheduled drug test appointment.
Incumbents of drug testing designated positions will be subject to random testing. Drug test results will be provided to the employing activity/command. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Driving requires physical effort in operating, turning, backing, and controlling vehicles which carry heavy loads. May lift and carry supplies and material over 100 pounds with assistance.
Motor Vehicle Mechanic
Job Title Motor Vehicle Mechanic Location CA - Ridgecrest, CA Requisition Number 11629 Job Function Operations Years of Experience 0-5 Minimum Education High School/GED Percentage of Travel No Travel Job Responsibilities Saalex Solutions, Inc. is an engineering and information technology company with a focus on Range Operations and Maintenance, Information Technology, Engineering Services, and Integrated Logistics Support. We understand your user requirements, your acquisition processes, and your state-of-the-art technologies.
Customers appreciate our in-depth knowledge of integrated systems and programs, which allows us to address not only easily measured objectives, but those more difficult to define criteria, such as quality, utility, and effectiveness. We believe we can consistently offer the best value alternative for mission accomplishment, regardless of the level of technical complexity. Performs troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance on fleet and target vehicles as assigned.
Completes repair orders and associated vehicular documents either manually, or electronically. Repairs are done on light and heavy-duty trucks, heavy equipment, various military vehicles, and others assigned to the task order, and consist of vehicular mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems. Other duties to include but not limited to; equipment operation, target construction, and other task order related assignments as needed.
Work is accomplished in open bay, outdoor duties also required. Temperatures vary throughout the year. Overtime may be required.
Experience/Education RequiredHigh School Diploma or Equivalent. Journeyman level vehicular repair experience, minimum 2 years and training from authorized trade school or military training school. Practical knowledge of proper and safe use of tools and equipment. CA Driver License
Motor Vehicle Mechanic (Ase Certified)
Job Summary Performs routine maintenance, safety inspections and repairs, rebuilds, replaces and/or overhauls major assemblies and subassemblies of internal combustion automobiles, buses, and light trucks. Work involves most of the following: Troubleshooting and diagnosing the source of trouble; determining the extent of the problems and making the repairs required; replacing worn or broken parts such as alternators, starters, brake components, and clutch assemblies; overhauling engines, transmissions, and differentials; troubleshooting and repairing electrical systems, heating and air conditioning systems, ignition systems, and fuel delivery systems; performing engine tune-ups. In general, the work of the Motor Vehicle Mechanic requires rounded training and experience usually acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience. Performs other duties as assigned.
Must have knowledge of principles applicable to general-purpose vehicles; interpretation of parts lists and assembly drawings: theory of mechanics; knowledge of technical orders; diagnostic and maintenance procedures.
High school education or equivalent.
Must possess CFC Refrigerant Certification.
Must possess a minimum of three ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) certifications, with one being an ASE for brakes.
Must have and wear at all times, hard-toed ankle-height safety shoes that meet ASTM F2413-05 standards.
Successful candidate will be subject to a government security investigation and must continually meet eligibility requirements for access to all areas of Naval Submarine Base Kings Bay.
Physical Requirements (Activities performed during a typical day): Walking: Frequent Standing: Frequent Reaching: Frequent Bending/Stooping: Frequent Lifting: Up to 50 lbs. Personal Protective Equipment will be required. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled Applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may make their request known by e-mailing HRQuestions@cbifederalservices.com or calling 855.343.5600 for assistance.
Light Vehicle Technician - Travel & Earn An Extra 16%!
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. Government, its allied partners and international organizations. As it enters its 60th year of business, PAE’s current portfolio includes capabilities in critical facility infrastructure, aviation, logistics, training, range operations and national security solutions, to support some of the most meaningful and exciting missions in the world.
Today, the approximately 15,000 members of our global workforce perform with excellence and dedication in roughly 60 countries, on all seven continents, in some of the world's most challenging regions. We attribute our success to the quality of our work and the integrity and high ethical standards that define our business operations. PAE is headquartered in Arlington, Va.
We are currently seeking a Light Vehicle Technician to support a unique mission with the National Science Foundation’s Antarctic Support Operations for work at McMurdo Station in Antarctica.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe workplace and ensuring that safety is the highest priority.
- Inspects, services and repairs light vehicles and equipment according to schedule.
- Uses diagnostic procedures and test equipment to identify and correct equipment faults.
- Maintains detailed and accurate records on inspections completed and work performed.
- Operates shop equipment including welders, overhead cranes, compressors, presses and wheel alignment equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance, repairs and service.
- Operates recovery vehicle and performs recovery functions, sometimes outdoors under extreme environmental conditions.
- Performs quality work in a timely manner and accurately records service performed.
- Complies with all Environmental, Safety and Health, and Quality Assurance requirements and goals.
- Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED required.
- Two years training at a technical school is preferred.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in vehicle maintenance and repair.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Car dealership experience on a broad range of vehicles, specifically Ford, is preferred.
- Previous experience with remote polar operations is preferred.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS: US citizenship or US Permanent Resident is required.
PHYSICAL AND / OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: The successful candidate must successfully complete the drug test, any physical, dental and psych (in case of winter) examinations, as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer.
ABOUT ANTARCTICA AND THE PROGRAM:
Please visithttp://www.usap.govfor USAP and ASC details. Additionally, http://lockheedmartin.com/us/products/antarctic-support-contract/jobs-in-antarctica.html includes a video with an overview of the program.
The USAP Participant Guide (http://www.usap.gov/travelanddeployment/contenthandler.cfm?id=541) is a pretty comprehensive booklet which includes a great amount of useful information.
The Antarctic Sun: http://antarcticsun.usap.gov/ has some great articles describing the science as well as the Antarctic Photo Library (http://photolibrary.usap.gov/) which has thousands of fabulous photos.
Today, the approximately 15,000 members of our global workforce perform with excellence and dedication in roughly 60 countries, on all seven continents, in some of the world's most challenging regions. We attribute our success to the quality of our work and the integrity and high ethical standards that define our business operations. PAE is headquartered in Arlington, VA.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
PAE is a drug free workplace.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!