Motorboat Mechanic Job Description Sample
Boat Mechanic- Marine Technician- Marine Mechanic- Motorboat Mechanic- Full time Permanent role
A popular mid-sized Marina under new management is seeking a hardworking, self-motivated Boat Mechanic to join their team and grow with them long-term. We need someone who can diagnose, maintain, and repair outboard and inboard engines. Marine industry certifications are preferred, but not required.
- Diagnosing and repairing outboard engine issues
- Performing routine maintenance
- Using diagnostic tools to test engine and boat components
- Performing quality inspections
- Operating the Forklift and Travel Lift
- Winterization and shrink wrapping of boats
- Winterizing AC/HEADS with additional systems
- Experience working as a Boat Mechanic
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of and ability to block boats for Winter
- Ability to drive a Travel Lift and Forklift
- Marine Industry Certification is a plus, not a must
- Detail oriented and deadline driven
This is a direct-hire permanent position with a full-time schedule Mon-Fri starting in March. Generous compensation offered based on experience and qualifications. Don't miss this unique opportunity, apply today for immediate consideration.
Carpentry Jr. Mechanic - Full Mechanic
Open your windows to a new opportunity !
We are seeking carpentry installers for our High End Custom Windows & Doors.
- Performs all tasks involved with the installation of Reilly Windows and Doors (RWD) product.
- Follow all standard work methods designated by supervisor and practice safe work habits to ensure productivity is efficient and safe as per company / regulatory guidelines.
- May be required to perform other related or unrelated tasks as necessary.
- Work schedule is contingent upon location and client needs (Overtime available as necessary).
Essential Job Functions :
- Individual must ensure successful completion of all facets of product installation which may include; workspace alignment transporting units, affixing hardware, mobilizing of materials, fabricating fixtures, assisting in “team-lifts”, etc.
- Familiarity with power tools used in construction.
- Candidate should possess experience working on jobsites with multiple active contractors.
- Perform all necessary fabrications including; cutting; sanding; gluing; clamping; glazing; caulking; for installation purposes.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures instituted by RWD.
- Uphold professional demeanor and exceptional level of respect while interfacing with clientele.
- Maintain communication and direction with site supervisor to manage jobsite progress.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
Must be able to follow specific directions.
- Read blue prints / cut lists as assigned by Jobsite Supervisor.
- Field Installation Technician is required to possess strong attention to detail.
- Candidate must be able to provide basic to moderate collection of hand tools. For individual use a list will be provided. Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to self-check own work to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be self motivated.
- Applicant must be motivated, optimistic and have a good positive attitude, and be able to function in a group of like-minded individuals, in a team effort
- Experience – Training:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Additional training may be provided onsite.
- OSHA 10 hr. Course a plus
- Physical Demands:
- Position may require extended periods of standing, kneeling, walking, bending, lifting, and or otherwise handling of large / heavy / bulky materials. Such materials include partially assembled and completed units.
- Must be able to lift / carry / move materials as heavy as 100 lbs. individually, or units exceeding 100 lbs. via “Team-Lift”.
- May require candidate to work from ladders, scissor lifts, scaffolding, or other complex locations.
- Personal Protective Equipment:
*We are committed to hiring those that have unwavering reliability, strong work ethic and integrity! We look forward to speaking with you and thank you for your interest. These immediate positions will be filled with first qualified candidates- Yes Plural we are quite busy. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
As a valued member of our team, all regular full-time and part-time employees of Reilly Windows & Doors are offered a competitive and comprehensive benefits package which include two plans under Blue Cross Blue Shield with either an HSA or FSA available, Dependent care, Dental, Vision, Aflac Personal Indemnity Policy, Aflac Cancer Indemnity Plan, Retirement Plan, and an Employee Assistance Program. This package is available to support employees and their families to maintain health, wellness and financial stability. Reilly Windows & Doors offers a Cafeteria Plan therefore benefits that may be chosen are taken out on a pre-tax basis. These benefits will be available to you the first of the month after hire. We look forward to meeting you. !
Automotive Mechanic Technician "And" Mechanic Apprentice
Whether you join us as an entry-level General Service Technician or veteran Master Mechanic, you’ll benefit from our hands-on training and ASE Certification reimbursement programs. The role of the mechanic is to inspect, diagnose, prepare, estimate, repair, and install mechanical services including brakes, driveline suspension systems, wheel alignments, and oil changes.
· Conducts vehicle inspections for mechanical services
· Performs general mechanical repairs
· Assist in the Tire installation, balancing, and repairing
· Perform schedule maintenance services on vehicles
· Ability to work a flexible retail schedule including weekends, evenings and holidays
· Valid Driver’s License
· Criminal Background Check
· Pre-employment Drug Screen
· 18 years or Older
· Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
· 401(k) with company match
· Generous paid vacation and PTO programs
· Tuition/ASE Certification Reimbursement
· Career Path Development Plans
· Tool Insurance
WIDE-OPEN, FAST-PACED, ACTION-PACKED! That’s how we describe our working environment. It’s what sets life at TBC apart from the rest. There’s never a dull moment when there’s always a chance to thrill a customer, make the organization more profitable and enjoy greater career success. Nine simple words neatly summarize the essence of our culture. If it matters to YOU, it matters to TBC! APPLY TODAY! www.tbccareers.com
TBC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Work Environment
TBC Corporation - Ahead of the Curve
For nearly 60 years, TBC Corporation has committed itself to being "a tire company ahead of the curve." In large measure, that has meant anticipating key market trends, and successfully capitalizing on them at every turn. From wholesale to retail, both nationally and internationally, that foresight has allowed TBC to become the industry leader in the private brand tire category.
Diesel Mechanic And Trailer Mechanic
Commercial Carriage LLC has an opening for a diesel/trailer mechanic. Our fleet needs a qualified individual that must have full knowledge of diesel engines and tractor repair that includes troubleshooting, air systems, electrical systems, brake systems and suspension. The individual must also have knowledge of trailers electrical system, tires, air systems, structural checks, decks, wheel seals and brakes.
Wage depends on experience. Commercial Carriage offers medical, dental & vision benefits, paid holidays, and vacation.
Sr. Mechanic / Mechanic 1St And 2Nd Shift
The Mechanic, under limited supervision, will perform maintenance and repair work to prevent or correct breakdown on machinery, process equipment and facility systems and components. The Mechanic works from blueprints and verbal/written instructions on installation, repair, replacement and /or maintenance involving machinery, plumbing and piping, basic electrical and sheet metal work for facilities and equipment. The Mechanic may perform metalworking including welding, grinding, polishing, cutting, drilling and machining. A Mechanic will also initiate purchase orders for parts, machines or contracted services. The mechanic will be required to document maintenance and repair work. In addition, it is important that the Mechanic be self-motivated and proactive in identifying and correcting mechanical and safety issues.
• 5 years minimum related experience and/or combination of experience and training
• High school diploma or equivalent required Analytical Skills
• Read and interpret simple engineering and electrical drawings is a plus
• Able to troubleshoot problems using a logical, thought-out approach Trade Skills
• Mechanical: Disassemble/reassemble precision mechanical devices (following procedures, tolerances, torque values, etc. detailed in a repair manual) under limited supervision
• Plumbing: Pipe fitting/threading Copper (sweated/pro-press fittings) Plastic (PVC, ABS)
• Electrical: Understand all functions of a multi-meter. Read and interpret simple electrical drawings. Identify and understand function of electrical components (motor starters, contactors, inverters, controllers etc.)
• Welding: Gas (sweat soldering fittings, silver solder) Mig/Tig experience a plus
• Competence with basic shop tools (cold saw, band saw, shear). Able to fabricate/modify simple brackets and miscellaneous fittings, tap/cut threads.
• Familiar with capabilities of machine shop (CNC/Manual mill, lathe etc.) Machine shop experience a plus.
• Familiar with precision measuring devices (calipers, micrometer, dial indicator, feeler gauges, height gauge).
• Candidate will have experience with rotating equipment, working on mechanical seals, lip seals, bearings, packing, etc.
Mechanic - Bus Mechanic - CDL
MECHANIC - BUS MECHANIC - CDL
Looking for a bus mechanic, must have a CDL and be able to operate all vehicles owned by G. Davis with clean record. Please send resume to: email@example.com
Auto Body Mechanic / Body Man / Body Shop Metal Mechanic
Lynn Smith Chevrolet in Burleson, Texas
is seeking an experienced
Auto Body Mechanic / Body Man / Body Shop Metal Mechanic
We only provide the highest quality repair services in the Fort Worth area.
Must have experience with metal.
GM experience preferred.
I-Car Certification a plus, but not required.
We are seeking a candidate with a stable work history as a technician and verifiable references. Must have a valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and be able to pass pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Flat rate hourly pay plan commensurate with experience
Benefits- Insurance- 401K
Five-Day Work Week- Full Time Employment
Drug Free Work Environment
Family owned and operated dealership
•We are one of the North Texas’ most respected auto dealers, family owned and operated for over 24 years.
•We are looking for a professional, dedicated, hardworking individual to join our team.
•We truly care about the wellbeing of our employees and their families, and we promote from within!
•We promote a workplace of integrity and respect. We care about our customers and it shows!
•Act now! Our business is booming and we need to fill this position now!
Lynn Smith Chevrolet
925 N. Burleson Blvd.
Burleson, TX 76028
Interviews are by appointment only
No drop-ins please.
Submit your resume to this job posting.
Please include your name, address, email address and phone number on your resume.
Search engine keywords:
Technician, mechanic, body man, reconditioning, recon, buffing, detailer, detail, detailing, service advisor, parts, automotive, automobile, car, truck, Driver, delivery, service, auto, collision, dealer, part time, full time, body shop, painter, repair, tech, acura, aston martin, audi, bentley, bmw, buick, cadillac, chevrolet, chrysler, corvette, daihatsu, dodge, ferrari, fiat, ford, gm, gmc, general motors, honda, hummer, hyundai, infiniti, isuzu, jaguar, jeep, kia, lamborghini, land rover, lexus, lincoln, lotus, maserati, mazda, mercedes-benz, mb, mercury, mg, mini, mitsubishi, nissan, oldsmobile, peugeot, pontiac, porsche, regal, renault, rolls-royce, saab, saturn, smart, subaru, suzuki, toyota, volkswagen, VW, volvo, yugo
Burleson, TX 76028
Diesel Mechanic / Trailer Mechanic 210-381-3132
- Full Time
- High School Diploma
- Tractor Trailer Experience Minimum 1 Year
- Diesel Mechanic 1 Year
- 5 day work week
- Competitive pay/based on experience
- Uniforms Provided
- Bilingual is a Bonus
- Perform Preventative maintenance
- Inspections on all equipment before returning them to service
- Diagnose, repair, replace mechanical, electrical and other systems according to established service criteria
- Trouble shoot procedures and failure analysis of components
- Lift and install heavy components of CMVS such as starters, clutches, brakes and other parts
- Ensure Parts and Labor are accurately charged to the proper repair order
- maintain a clean and safe work environment that complies with osha regulations
- Keep track of inventory and work paperwork for maintenance records.
We will only accept applicants with Resume.
Mechanic - Diesel & Trailer Mechanic
We are looking for a Semi Truck & Trailer Mechanicto join our team! You will be responsible for repairing various makes and models of Semi Trucks & Trailers. We pride ourselves on our ability to provide high quality, professional truck maintenance services ranging from Mechanical Maintenance and repair, PM's, DOT Inspections, Trailer & Truck Lubes, Changing tires.
- Repair various makes and models of semi trucks & trailers
- Perform routine vehicle maintenance
- Use diagnostic tools to test vehicle components
- Perform quality inspections prior to returning the vehicle to the customer
- Change tires
- Previous experience as a mechanic
- Knowledge of shop equipment
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Have own tools for performing repairs
Aircraft Mechanic I (Uh-60 Mechanic Specialty) Afghanistan
The Aircraft Mechanic I (UH-60 Mechanic Specialty) troubleshoots malfunctions in aircraft structure, landing gear, flight surfaces and controls, anti-icing, pneudraulic, engines, auxiliary power unit, and ventilation and heating systems.
- Repairs, replaces, and rebuilds aircraft structures, such as wings and fuselage, and functional components including rigging, surface controls, and plumbing and hydraulic units, using hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment such as shears, sheet metal brake, welding equipment, rivet gun, and drills.
- Reads and interprets manufacturers' and airline's maintenance manuals, service bulletins, technical data, engineering data, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Performs 100-hour, progressive, isochronal, phase, periodic, and other hourly or calendar inspections, examines reciprocating engines for cracked cylinders and oil leaks, and listens to operating engine to detect and diagnose malfunctions, such as sticking or burnt valves, inspects jet engines and components for cracks, corrosion, foreign object damage, burned areas, distortions, security, warping, wear, and missing segments.
Inspects jet engine turbine blades to detect cracks, distortion, corrosion, burn-out, security, or breaks, tests engine operation, using testing equipment, such as ignition analyzer, compression checker, distributor timer, ammeter, and jet calibration (Jetcal) tester, to locate source of malfunction.
- Work involves: replacing or repairing worn or damaged components, such as carburetors, alternators, magnetos, fuel controls, fuel pumps, oil pumps, and engine mounted gearboxes, and compressor bleed valves using hand tools, gauges, and testing equipment; removing engine from aircraft, using hoist or forklift truck, disassembling and inspecting parts for wear, cracks, security, or other defects, and repairing or replacing defective engine parts and reassembles and installs engine in aircraft.
- Adjusts, repairs, or replaces electrical wiring system and aircraft accessories, performs preflight, thru-flight, and post-flight maintenance inspections, performs miscellaneous duties to service aircraft, including flushing crankcase, cleaning screens and filters, greasing moving parts, and checking brakes.
- Supervises the jacking and towing of aircraft, enters in the maintenance records description of the work performed and verifies the work was performed satisfactorily, may service engines and airframe components at line station making repairs, short of overhaul, required to keep aircraft in safe operating condition, may specialize in work, repair and modification of structural, precision, and functional spare parts and assemblies, and may specialize in engine repair.
Must have the following verifiable experience
- Minimum of 1 year of experience within the past 3 years in the field consistent with the requirements set forth in individual task orders.
- Completion of U.S. military tactical aircraft maintenance or U.S. military technical school is desired.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience within the past 3 years experience in maintenance, modification and repair of tactical aircraft systems of the type being serviced and their associated components is required.
- Valid drivers license required.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!