Newport Beach Job Description Sample
Industry Application Manager (Aerospace)
The Aerospace Application Manager will be responsible for expanding our visibility and market success in the aerospace industry, by focusing on the applications for all of the MSC’s technologies to challenges faced by the global aerospace customers.
Responsibilities for this position will include:
- Own the industry segmentation - Develop strategies to grow market segment in the aerospace industry
- Application Strategy – Work with the strategy team and the field industry team to identify the top priorities of customer challenges and MSC applications. Incorporate the industry big trends and where the customers are investing the most into the strategy.
- Evangelist Strategy – Become the MSC technology evangelist by attending and presenting at customer meetings, industry conferences, and MSC marketing events across different regions. Focus on how passionate and successful we are in solving the industry challenges and the customers’ pain points.
- Sales Enablement – Collaborate with the marketing team, product team, and the field experts to ensure that the value of your applications is clearly communicated to potential customers. Work together with the team to create marketing collateral and sales tools such as Solution Brief, Application Presentations, Competitive Analysis, Case Studies, Demo Models, and so on.
- Industry Campaign – Establish industry leadership and generate leads by working with the marketing team on application campaigns that include global webinars, workshops, publishing articles on industry magazines, social media posts, momentum press releases and so on.
- Field Operations – Work with the application engineers and field sales organization to engage with customers to identify and validate priorities for challenges and applications that need to be addressed to grow revenues. Collaborate with the field team to implement the application campaigns with the materials/messages that you created together. Global travel will be required.
- Inter-regional Communication – Work as the liaison person for the industry teams in different regions. Create the platform for them to share their successes, sales wins, competitive challenges or anything that helps to replicate the application successes to the maximum level on a global scale.
- Partnerships – Working with the Technology Partner Manager, identify and consummate partnerships that enhance MSC solutions and provide a competitive advantage. Once partnerships are concluded, serve as the liaison to make sure that the partnership is win-win.
- Education Market – Ensure that leading schools globally that specialize in aerospace education are using MSC products in their curriculums, research or competitions. Expand the usage of our technology among the next-generation aerospace engineers.
- Graduate degree in engineering
- 10+ years of aerospace industry experience
- Experience with the application of simulation products in the aerospace industry
- Experience with typical engineering business processes used in the aerospace industry
- Excellent combination of business, marketing, and technology skills to interacting with technical and business professionals in a highly technical market
- Strong customer presence, interaction, presentation and application demonstration skills
- Team player that can work effectively with other senior members of the management team to deliver rapid results
- Must be a self-starter, able to take initiative, manage projects with limited supervision, and be able to make good decisions with limited information
- Study sales records and inventory levels of current stock to develop strategic purchasing programs
- Manage the inventory supply chain for the Skin Laundry clinics and wholesale retailers globally.
- Uses current computer software to organize and locate inventory to maintain quantity levels
- Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time and resolve problems related to undelivered goods
- Confer with staff, users, and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action
- Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine need for changes
- Maintain and review computerized and/or manual records of items purchased, costs, deliveries, product performance, and inventories
- Interview vendors and visit suppliers’ plants and distribution centers to examine and learn about products, services, and prices
- Arrange the payment of duty and freight charges
- Write and review product specifications, maintaining a working technical knowledge of the goods or services to be purchased
- Lead functional activities with internal customers to assist in formulating best practices and procedures for bid proposals and procurement of goods and services beneficial
- Negotiate prices, discount terms and transportation arrangements for materials to purchase the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible price and in correct quantities; based on specification requirements and other factors
- Interview and work closely with vendors top obtain and develop desired products
- Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requisitions for goods and services.
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier’s reputation and history;
- Analyze proposals, financial reports, and other data and information to determine reasonable prices
- Monitor and follow applicable laws and regulations.
- Negotiate, renegotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Business related field
- Minimum of 2 years beauty or cosmetic industry experience
- Solid background in inventory/materials management
- Planning and organizational ability, very organized, detail oriented.
- Demonstrates “Global thinking” mentality.
- “High energy”, self-driven to goals and results with a positive “Can Do” attitude.
- Strong Communication & Organizational skills
- Self-motivated, critical thinker
- Ability to identify and solve problems
- Work well in a team environment
- Customer Oriented & focused (internally and external)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, Excel, Word, Power Point, Access
- Proficient using ERP & WMS programs
- Newport Beach, CA
Compensation: $14.00 Per Hour
Responsibilities of the Hotel Housekeeper
- Perform vacuuming, sweeping, dusting, mopping floors and stairs of guestrooms and/or suites
- Clean, sanitize, and restock supplies in bathrooms, guestrooms, and common areas using wheeled carts
- Empty all trash cans and replace liners; clean receptacles as necessary
- Dust and clean guestrooms, furniture, windows, windowsills, curtains, mirrors, and counter tops
- Keep storage areas and carts well stocked, clean and tidy
- Observe precautions required to protect hotel/guest property and report damage, theft and found articles to Supervisors
- Must have at least one (1) year experience as a Hotel Housekeeping/Room Attendant
- Knowledge and ability to use standard methods, practices, tools, and equipment utilized in the cleaning industry
- Must be able to perform physical activities such as lifting, walking, stooping, handling and moving objects up to 50-70 pounds
- Use of appropriate Personal Protective Equipment at all times
- Ability to stand long periods of time
- Availability for weekends and/or holidays may be required
Sr. Accountant - Controller
- Prepare monthly consolidated financial statements and budget analysis reporting
- Manage accounting process for the Company and related entities, including supervision of accounts payable, payroll and accounts receivable
- Maintain fixed asset records
- Manage corporate treasury functions
- Assist CFO with development of an improved accounting environment to effectively manage operations and accountability
- Develop policy and procedures for Company accounting operations consistent with sound internal control, data integrity and financial and managerial reporting practices
- Responsible for daily operations of accounting system and Company general ledger
- Work directly with external CPA to provide schedules necessary for tax preparation and accounting oversight
- Responsible for monthly closing entries, financial statement presentation and other reports as required
- Supervises employees in the accounting department
- Support the overflow needs of the finance/accounting department
- Perform other duties in accordance with this position as deemed necessary by the immediate supervisor
- Minimum of five years of experience in accounting/financial management.
- Extensive knowledge with quality control development and maintenance, tax and other compliance reporting issues related to corporate accounting
- Maintain the confidentiality of information, data and records
- Strong accounting and communication/interpersonal skills and customer skills in the performance of job duties
- Properly use tact, diplomacy, discretion and judgment
- Self-starter, highly motivated and well-organized
- Excellent organizational and administrative abilities, including demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
- Highly professional in integrity and demeanor
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related discipline required, CPA or CMA preferred
- 5-8 years of working experience in a related field
- Experience with GAAP accounting
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Outlook)
- Experience with ERP system Sage Intacct a plus
- Excellent analytical and financial modeling skills
Digital Product Manager
Public Area Attendant
Compensation: $12.25 Per Hour
Responsibilities of the Pool Attendant
- Empty trash cans and replace receptacle liners as needed
- Clean and sanitize bathrooms
- Maintains pool and pool areas
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping and vacuuming
- Clean or supply restrooms; sanitize and restock supplies
- Additional duties as requested by management
- Knowledge of standard methods, practices, tools and equipment of the janitorial cleaning industry
- Ability to operate and use janitorial tools, equipment, cleaning compounds and solutions
- Must be able to perform physical activities such as lifting, walking, stooping, handling and moving objects up to 50-70 pounds
- Use of appropriate personal Protective Equipment at all times
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Availability for weekends and/or holidays may be required
CSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.M/F/V/D
Line/Prep Cook - Fashion Island
The ideal line cook is motivated, results oriented and committed to providing outstanding customer service every day.
A day in the life…
Prepare food items consistently and adhere to all recipe standards
Maintain a safe working environment by using proper food handling skills and food safety guidelines
Complete kitchen tasks such as line setup, food preparation, cleanup and breakdown
The hours and schedule for this position will vary by week depending on business needs
You own this if you have…
The ability to communicate clearly and professionally with customers and coworkers
Successfully thrived in a fast-paced environment
The ability to work a flexible schedule
A food handler's card where required by local and state regulations
1+ year experience in food service/hospitality preferred
We've got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits. We listen to what's most important and continue to evolve our offering to support both our employees and their families.
Beyond strong health, retirement and time off benefits, Nordstrom is proud to offer:
100% Paid Parental Leave
Charitable Giving and Volunteer Match
Nordstrom Stock Purchase Plan
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
Regional Director - Merchandising Service Team
The closing date of this posting is 10/23
The primary purpose of the Regional Merchandising Service Director role is to optimize merchandising service and product reset execution performance (maximum 11 Markets) within a Region, with focusing on adherence to merchandising service standards, reset quality and timely and accurate execution.
The Regional Merchandising Service Director oversees the work of the Merchandising Service teams across the market and seeks guidance from the Director Deployment Planning and Execution for merchandising focus, process and system support, and direction on store priorities and sales support.
The job is expected to improve the customer experience through increased store standards and profitability by approaching the business strategically, studying issues and opportunities within the local markets, and working to develop/implement long-range plans that drive business objectives.. The job will coach and develop the leadership talent in the Region and constantly prepare and lead people through change. The job must empower Market Merchandising Service Managers to lead the Reset Projects and manage Merchandising Service execution autonomously and efficiently within the stores. Regional Merchandising Service Directors are expected to have all stores within the Region in a state of sales and service readiness at all times and ensure that all corporate-originated Resets and Merchandising initiatives are optimally implemented.
Partners with the VP Store Operations to review Market strategies and then takes specific tactical steps to execute the strategy successfully across individual Markets within the Region and ensures Market Merchandising Service Managers understand his/her impact and responsibility in delivering to that strategy
Drives the execution of all corporate and regional Reset and Service initiatives designed to drive sales and service in the stores; establishes a high performance execution standard by setting clear and measurable goals for Merchandising Service teams; holds Market Merchandising Service Managers accountable for attaining those goals while also helping them understand the intent and inspiring them to drive for results on their own
Ensures that Markets within the Region meet or exceed Merchandising service and Reset execution expectations; ensures Market Merchandising Service Managers understand level of service offered by competition and capitalize on available opportunities; champions and embraces Corporate initiatives / technologies and leverages them to create a differentiating level of execution and customer experience through top notch store standards
Establishes key Market priorities and communicates those priorities to Market Merchandising Service Managers to ensure the alignment of the Region with the overall company strategy
Makes regular visits to Market Stores to validate that the Lowe's Brand presentation standards are maintained at all times; takes swift and appropriate action when standards do not meet expectations
Reviews Regional staffing/payroll and other controllable expenses reports (e.g., sales/payroll weekly reports, FT/PT ratio reports, controllable expense reports, T&E budgets) and takes action when something does not meet company standards; actively looks for new ways to improve market staffing productivity and ways to reduce expenses; partners with and supports Staff to ensure execution of operational programs
Develops Market Merchandising Service Managers into leaders who run their Market Merchandising Service programs autonomously and at the highest level of consistent performance; works constantly to stretch, challenge and develop leaders in stores in an effort to keep the leadership pipeline full; attracts and develops talented and diverse employees to drive overall sales and profitability performance within the Market
Works with Regional Loss Prevention to communicate reset, project safety, display disposition, and potential shrink issues to solicit their support and partnership
Partners with key field and corporate leadership (e.g., VPSOs, Director Deployment Planning and Execution, Market Directors, etc.) to help define the service support needs, goals, and concerns of the stores and ensure in-store service needs are met
Develops and manages working relationships with independent third party service providers, product vendor direct field management, and Lowe's Project Managers
Provides insight to teams regarding future projects and execution expectations
Develops and presents goals and action plans for the Markets within their Region
Works with the Market Merchandising Service Manager to coordinate travel and store visits within each market
Stays overnight or multiple nights with overnight stay as needed
Reviews and approves Market Merchandising Service team travel expenses in a timely manner
Reviews payroll reports to identify exceptions, trends, and opportunities
Manages the overall travel and expense budget for the Market Merchandising Service teams, ensuring that travel costs are optimized
Hires qualified individuals into the Market Merchandising Service Manager role, whether external or internal, to assemble the most talented staff possible that is motivated to deliver assigned goals and embody Lowe's values;
Oversees effectiveness of onboarding, training, and career development of the Merchandising Service teams within their assigned Region; (e.g., Loss Prevention training, ongoing positional training)
Administers performance management for Market Merchandising Service Managers and provides second-level approval for Merchandise Service Managers (e.g., pay increases, corrective action, documentation, termination, commendations)
Partners with Human Resources to handle personnel changes and concerns (e.g., Workers Comp claims, hiring, PDC, termination)
Leads Merchandising Service team to achieve the highest level of performance by communicating goals, measuring accomplishments, holding individuals accountable, encouraging open communication, and creating a culture that thrives on timely, behavior-based constructive feedback
Onboards, trains, and develops Market Merchandising Service Managers to ensure the team has the capability to deliver assigned goals and embody Lowe's values
Creates tailored development plans for Market Merchandising Service Managers by analyzing metrics and individual strengths, weaknesses, and needs
Shares results of impact analyses with the Service teams in the market to demonstrate the positive impact of Merchandising
High school diploma or equivalent.
10 years customer service or retail experience in a fast-paced retail environment OR 6 years Lowe's store experience.
6 years of supervisory experience including coaching/training team members.
Licensed driver with reliable transportation and ability to pass MVR screen.
Ability to travel between stores within market and work overnight and weekends as required.
- 4 years of experience leading a distributed workforce (e.g., multiple units across stores).
- 4 years product merchandizing experience including reading planograms, setting up and tearing down displays.
Lowe's is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
Quantitative Researcher For Algorithmic Trading Analytics
Job Responsibilities (include, but not limited to the following):
Development of statistical models and machine learning frameworks for evaluation of
execution methods and algorithms
Development, analysis and optimization of systematic trading strategies to minimize
Development of customized TCA (transaction cost analysis)
Research market impact and information transfer phenomena for various asset classes
Development of predictive short-term price or fair value models
Market data modelling
Minimum B.S. or B.A. with a focus in mathematics, physics, computer science or similar
field of study. M.S., M.F.E or Ph.D. degree in technical field highly desirable.
Minimum two years of TCA experience with a focus on one or more of the following
areas: futures, rates (government bonds, interest rate swaps), corporate bonds,
commodities, FX, options
Experience with Market Data and Market Microstructure
Minimum 1 year of experience with Big Data Analysis, Machine Learning, Neural
Networks, and or Deep Learning
Hands on problem solver, diligent, motivated by challenging projects
Programming skills – minimum of two years of experience:
o Experience with kdb+/Q (desirable)
o Proficiency in at least one compiled language like C++/Java/Go/Scala (required)
o Proficiency in at least one scripting language like R/Python/Ruby (required)
o Experience with modern development stack
Ray-Ban - Licensed Optician (Newport Beach)
Requisition ID: 84379
Store #: 006107 Optical Shops of Aspen
RAY-BAN Timeless style, authenticity and freedom of expression are the core values of Ray-Ban, a leader in sun and prescription eyewear for generations. From its debut in 1937 with the now-iconic Aviator model created for the American Air Force to today, Ray-Ban has maintained a unique cultural relevance and has become a symbol of cool, worn by celebrities and public figures all around the world.
As part of an eyewear industry leader, Luxottica, a career in retail with Ray-ban gives you exposure to an innovative and iconic brand, plus the backing of the global leader in eyewear & eyecare.
GENERAL FUNCTION The Licensed Optician assists in leading the Luxury Retail stores to success by building and maintaining a strong client following. Consistently delivers an exceptional experience in order to exceed service and sales expectations. Support the Store Manager in ensuring that all optical quality controls are in compliance
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Maintains extremely high standards of sales and service.
Meets and exceeds all client service and sales standards by consistently delivering an exceptional experience.
Connects and develops strong relationships with customers in order to build and maintain a strong client following.
Expertly guides customers in selecting frames and lenses that are best suited for their lifestyle, wardrobe, RX and price needs.
Demonstrates flawless accuracy in taking and recording measurements, adjusting and fitting eyewear, and execution of all details.
Ensures finished eyewear meets the Luxury Retail standard of flawless accuracy.
Stays current on product knowledge and fashion trends in order to drive sales.
Maintains presentation standards both on the sales floor and back office.
Maintains inventory controls.
Understands and supports all Luxury Retail policies and procedures.
Trains and mentors Managers and Associates.
Supports set-up and execution of all events.
Exemplifies Luxottica Retail vision, mission and values; celebrates Wins; leads by example.
High School Diploma
State licensure or certification by a nationally-recognized opticianary association as an optician
2+ years sales experience in the luxury service industry
Knowledge of current optical theory and practices
Natural ability in building a client following
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Strong Interpersonal skills
Resourceful and result driven
Flexibility to work non-traditional hours including evenings and weekends
ABO Certification in non-licensed states
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please contact Talent Luxottica at outside of US) or email
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law.
ABO Sales Associate
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!