Nondestructive Tester Job Description Sample
This NONDESTRUCTIVE TESTER position, is located in the Aircraft Structural Maintenance Section of an Air National Guard aircraft Maintenance Group, Maintenance Squadron, Fabrication Flightand is part of the CA 146 AW, National Guard.
Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of the NONDESTRUCTIVE TESTER, WG-3705-10, is to inspect aerospace weapon systems components and support equipment for structural integrity using nondestructive inspection methods and performs fluid analysis.
May make additional selections within 90 days of eligible(s) issuance.
This is an open until filled position (see what to expect next)
25% or less - Some, 1 to 5 days per month
- Job family (Series)
3705 Non-Destructive Testing
HelpRequirements Conditions of Employment
CALIFORNIA NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED: This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the California National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
Compatible military grade and assignment is required. If you are interested in joining the California National Guard, please contact a California National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position. https://state.nationalguard.com/California
Compatible Military Assignments DAFSC: 2A7X2
Non-DMOS/DAFSC applicants are encouraged to apply for the positions if experience is held. A two year compatibility waiver MAY be obtained.
Priority Areas(s) of Consideration:
AREA I= Current California National Guard technicians who are serving on a Permanent/Indefinite/Temporary dual status appointment.
AREA II= Current California National Guard members.
AREA III= Current military members of the Air Force/Army National Guard, Air Force/Army Reserve or Air Force/Army Active Duty. (Applicants who are currently in other Air/Army branches and NOT currently a member of the California National Guard (CNG) must become a member of a compatible unit of assignment within the Air Force CNG commensurate with the military grade listed in this announcement prior to federal assignment.)
(non-bargaining units may receive more than one area of consideration depending on the applicant pool)
Military Grades: E-3 through E-6
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive MAY BE authorized, subject to National Guard Bureau approval.
Relocation Costs MAY BE authorized subject to provisions of the Joint Travel Regulation and an agency determination that a Permanent Change of Station (PCS) move is in the Government's best interest.
Must maintain appropriate level of security clearance.
Must wear appropriate military uniform including required grooming standards.
Must maintain a compatible military unit, grade and job assignment as required by current directives.
Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
General Experience: Experience or training which demonstrates the ability to set up and operate test equipment, use test apparatus to apply tests to material or products, record readings, observe and record established reactions, and classify according to defined categories.
NONDESTRUCTIVE TESTER, WG-3705-10: Must have at least 18 months experience or training in using ultrasonic and/or eddy current inspection techniques to observe, measure, and detect discontinuities and flaws. Experience classifying test results, identifying material deficiencies and recommending courses of action for items of equipment. Experience recommending engine components to be inspected and forwarding results to the appropriate authority. Experience performing scheduled inspections of testing equipment ensuring compliance with established technical regulations and procedures.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies:
Ability To Use and Maintain Tools and Equipment
Attention to Detail
Technical Practices (theoretical, precise, artistic)
Nondestructive Testing Technician - 2Nd Shift
Do you have a mechanical aptitude and a quality background? Harrison Steel has an opening on second shift in its quality department for a nondestructive testing technician.
This position is responsible for nondestructively inspecting steel castings to ensure they will hold up to the hundreds of tons of weight their vehicles are designed to move. This position uses various methods of inspection including visual inspection, large gauges, and both wet and dry magnaflux nondestructive testing methods.
Qualifications and Skills
Strong mechanical aptitude
Basic math & reading skills
Good problem solving skills and knowledge of safety practices
High level of personal accountability
Previous quality experience is perferred
The employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts, extreme heat and fumes or airborne particles, and is frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. Also exposure to outdoor weather conditions, non-weather related extreme cold, water and humidity, and the risk of electrical shock.
The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places. The usual noise level is very loud. Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About Harrison Steel:
Harrison Steel is a family owned company that engineers and manufactures castings of 350 to 12,500 pounds, net casting weight, for businesses in industries such as agriculture, mining, and oil and gas. The benefits of working at Harrison Steel include 401k and profit sharing, full health, vision and dental plans available, vacation, career opportunities to move into other departments and supervisory roles, and the WeCare Clinic, available to employees and family members for a variety of medical visits with no out-of-pocket costs.
HS is located in Attica, Indiana, where it was founded in 1906 by J.W. Harrison, as the National Car Coupler Company. Attica is a rural city surrounded by traditional Midwest farmland that about 3,200 residents call home. The foundry is a 40-minute drive from Lafayette, Indiana or Danville, Illinois, and 1.5 hours from Indianapolis.
Aircraft Mechanic / Nondestructive Testing
Description:This position will be part of the aircraft maintenance team supporting the F-35 aircraft maintenance at Luke AFB, AZ. This position will accomplish inspections in a non-destructive and dimensional inspection of aircraft structural assemblies, forgings, or sonic configurations in maintaining F-35 aircraft as part of the aircraft maintenance unit supporting aircraft flight operations.
This position will support F-35 Maintenance, Launch, and Recovery activities, ensure aircraft are in good mechanical condition and safe for flight. Perform maintenance, inspections, and servicing requirements in accordance with applicable Joint Technical Data (JTD). Assist in Field-Level Modifications, Time Compliance Technical Data (TCTD) maintenance activities. Maintain and update aircraft records and status.
Keep aircraft crew chief and associated maintenance manager updated with aircraft status. Must be able to obtain an Interim Secret Clearance or have had a clearance of Secret within the last two years" Experience and knowledge of Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) and Portable Maintenance Aid (PMA) activities such as aircraft forms documentation. Experience in aircraft structure inspections, to include low observable surface inspections.
Experience in fighter aircraft crew escape systems (i.e. canopy and ejection seat. Knowledgeable of Safety, Tool Control, Foreign Object damage (FOD), Supply, Hazardous Material (HAZMAT), Training Management System (TMS), Quality, and Security programs.
Regularly required to lift up to 50 pounds and perform repetitive movements, work overhead, use hands to grasp, handle, and/or feel, reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, squat, crawl, and twist
Candidate will deploy to launch, recover and repair aircraft at various locations. Considered candidates must be capable of working first (1st), second (2nd), or third (3rd) shift(s) dependent on customer needs.
Must be able to obtain and keep a secret clearance and must have at least an interim secret clearance to start.
- Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
4 years hands-on working experience as 5 or 7- skill level mechanic discipline in USAF AFSC, Navy NEC, or Marine MOS, and/or equivalent commercial airframe experience.
Candidate requires Nondestructive Testing - Level II Certification.
Minimum (4) years working on aircraft utilizing NDI tools, probes, etc. in performance of NDI inspection specifications for the performance of required inspections on fighter aircraft.
F-35 aircraft or Fifth generation aircraft maintenance experience.
U.S Air Force, U.S. Navy, or U.S. Marine Corps aircraft maintenance experience
Level III Certification desired
Understanding of Fighter Aircraft systems and general operations
Experience and knowledge of Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) and Portable Maintenance Aid (PMA) activities such as aircraft forms documentation and supply chain management activities.
Experience in aircraft structure Nondestructive inspections repairs and low observable system maintenance requirements.
Experience in fighter aircraft crew escape systems (i.e. canopy and ejection seat).
Knowledgeable of Safety, Tool Control, Foreign Object damage (FOD), Supply, Hazardous Material (HAZMAT), Training Management System (TMS), Quality, and Security programs.
Ability to perform multiple maintenance discipline activities on aircraft to include day-to-day actives such as launch and recovery, standard component removal and replacement, structure maintenance to include low observable maintenance processes and procedures.
Good communication skills.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
CCP Nondestructive Examination Cognizant Engineer
United States of America
- New Mexico, Carlsbad
Nuclear Waste Partnership, an LLC of AECOM, is seeking a
Central Characterization Program (CCP) Nondestructive Examination (NDE) Cognizant Engineer to be based in our Carlsbad, New Mexico location.
The successful candidate will report to the CCP Technical Support Manager as the lead technical resource for implementation of CCP NDE processes including Real-Time Radiography (RTR) and Visual Examination (VE). Determines education, qualification and training requirements for CCP RTR and VE operators by completing Job Needs Analyses in accordance with the CCP Training Program. Will review and approve CCP NDE training material and RTR Training Container scans and determines operator pass/fail and notifies CCP Training of results. Will maintain CCP NDE procedures. Will represent CCP during audits and inspections as the CCP NDE lead technical resource. Provides technical leadership in developing process improvements and corrective actions.
Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, or a science related field and two (2) years of experience in nondestructive examination processes, or
Associate's Degree with six (6) years of NDE processes, or
High School Diploma or GED and ten (10) years of experience in NDE processes is required.
Must be able to work in a dynamic environment.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Applications.
Due to the nature of work, candidates must be US Citizens.
- NDE Level 2 or Level 3 is preferred.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.
Company: Nuclear Waste Partnership LLC (NWP)
Position Title: Site Project Manager
No. of Openings: 1
NWP Requisition No.: 18:140
Hiring Manager: M. Ramirez
This position is being posted for NWP. NWP will follow their own hiring processes and procedures but will document steps in Brass Ring. AECOM works under a corporate reach back agreement with them.
Hiring documents are available at the LLC site with LLC HR Representative.
Job Category Engineering
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 202779BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Location: Reston, VA
Client will sponsor Public Trust. Candidate must be clearable.
Work Status: U.S. Citizen or Green Card
Position Status: Long term, Open ended Contract
Our client is looking for QA Tester candidates for a position located in Reston, VA. The client is a well-known consulting firm with clients in both the public and private sectors. Qualified candidates for this role will have experience in both testing and developing test scripts.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Some experience testing for Agile (Novice experience accepted)
- Experience with testing automation strategies
- Experience with functional testing and development of test scripts
- Understanding of Defect Management process
- Experience with testing administration tools (Rational, CQ, etc.)
Seneca Resources is client driven provider of strategic Information Technology consulting services and Workforce Solutions to government and industry. Seneca Resources is a leading IT services provider with offices in Virginia, Alabama, & Dallas that service clients throughout the United States. The key to our success lies within our strong corporate culture which drives our business. We challenge our staff through engaging work, and we reward our staff through competitive compensation, extensive professional training, and excellent opportunities for career advancement. In turn, we look for only the best and brightest to join our team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
Location: Tampa, FL.
Job Duties :
• Review of Customer’s Xcelys performance and regression test cases for coverage and completeness, identifying potential gaps, if any, that merit additional test cases
• Specify for inclusion and providing specifications and data for such additional test cases when warranted
• Review results of Customer’s Xcelys performance and regression testing to either validate or challenge findings, and, when appropriate, suggest additional and/or alternative test executions to enhance the quality and completeness of Xcelys on Exadata.
• Share with Customer and execute Client set of Xcelys functional regression test cases assembled from several recent Customer requested enhancements to Xcelys
• Investigate root cause of Xcelys processing failures encountered under Exadata testing but successful under AIX testing, assist in identification of means to fix, remediate or otherwise resolve Xcelys code or configuration to obtain acceptable Xcelys functional behavior on Exadata as same is experienced on AIX.
• Review the following supplemental considerations for executing Xcelys on Exadata, provide recommendations for identified concerns, if any, and initiate remediation discussions as necessary with Customer:
o Java database connectivity (JDBC) driver compatibility.
o Transaction management.
o Oracle 12c Exadata defects on inconsistent query plan (volume dependent).
o Validate the degree of parallelism for Xcelys tables.
o PL/SQL engine performance on Exadata.
o Premium Billing module typically fetches single records for every SQL execution, whereas Exadata performs better for bulk fetches.
o Exadata service nodes configurations dedicated for Xcelys. Deliverables Deliverables or work output will consist of the following
• Recommendations resulting from reviews of Customer’s Xcelys performance and regression test cases, if any.
• Recommendations resulting from reviews of results of execution of Customer’s Xcelys performance and regression testing, if any.
• Results of execution of Client Xcelys functional regression test cases.
• Definition and associated results of any additional test cases, if applicable, that may be introduced by Client
• Recommendations related to Client s review of supplemental considerations for executing Xcelys on Exadata
• Recommendations on configuration and/or infrastructure changes.
• Conclusion as to the Production-readiness of Xcelys on Exadata.
Central Business Solutions, Inc,
37600 Central Ct.
Newark, CA 94560.
Japanese Web Application QA Tester
- Have knowledge of testing strategies/methodologies that can be applied in websites and web application testing.
- Comprehends the full scope of a web application or website to develop applicable and comprehensive testing procedures.
- Applies appropriate test methodologies including writing test plans, test cases, conduct manual tests.
- Provides feedback on cause and effect of bugs and errors in a given test situation.
- Provides clear and concise feedback on bugs, usability and other test findings/results.
- Implements a work-flow standard for the full project life-cycle.
- Distinguishes between user error and actual application bugs.
- Defines project expectations and timelines for deliverables to fellow team members.
- Monitors and maintains lab machines regularly with software updates and upgrades.
- Identify and advocate QA testing standards and processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
read and (and preferably write) basic automation code
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to hold self and others accountable for results in a respectful and constructive manner
- Knowledge of testing tools (like Selenium, QTP, other) preferred but not required)
- Experience with devices (iPhone, iPad, android etc.) preferred.
- Experience with defect tracking systems preferred.
- Basic HTML, CSS, coding knowledge preferred.
- Technical certification in a computer or web related field; or, equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years of demonstrated QA skills such as test planning, writing test specifications, ad hoc and planned test execution, bug isolation, troubleshooting and bug reporting.
- Working knowledge of web design and web programming preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with Windows operating systems, MAC and Mobile devices.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Fluency in Japanese
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to analyze needs and product requirements to provide solutions.
- Ability to identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Ability to manage own time and work effectively with other team members.
Rate: $17-19 per hour
(No Corp to Corp or visa sponsorship at this time)
API Tester // Immediate Placement
Kansas City, MO
Any Visa fine
Need Passport Number
It’s very important that the person have at least one year of experience working with API’s and Web Services.
- Relevant experience minimum 4 years in Manual testing
- Experience in Web Application Testing is a must.
- Hands-on in Webservices testing with Rest is required.
- Experience in banking domain will be added advantage.
- Experience with agile methodology.
- Basic exposure to security testing is expected (accessing same URLs across different roles/users etc.)
- Experience in Functional Testing is mandatory.
- In-depth knowledge of SDLC and STLC phases and testing methodologies, processes
- Expertise in designing, writing and executing the test cases.
- Must have knowledge of logging and tracking defects using a test management tool
- Ability to interact with clients and the ability to work independently and within a team is essential.
916-646-2080 EXT 222
Full Time Opportunity
What are we looking for?
An experienced Quality Assurance Software Test Engineer to guide the team in terms of test automation. It is your responsibility to support an Agile team in analyzing, designing, building and testing high-quality automated testing solutions that ensure our product meets customer expectations.
This is a hands-on, technical position, and as the QA Tester you must demonstrate a high level of technical aptitude and excellent problem-solving skills. A deep understanding of automated testing concepts and professional experience creating automated test scripts is required.
If you are an eager Tester with the ability to learn new skills and technology – we want to talk to you!
- 3+ years of web application or mobile application test experience – mobile experience is a plus
- Not looking for a coder, but definitely want a QA Tester with good understanding of coding
- Strong automation experience with Selenium – Cucumber, Jasmine, Mocha, Junit will work
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Build Systems such as Jenkins or Bamboo
- Knowledge and experience in documenting test plans and test cases
- Work closely with scrum team members to evangelize the value of producing a high-quality product throughout the entire SDLC
- Identify gaps and weaknesses in user stories, technical requirements and acceptance criteria
- Create test plans, test cases and automation based on user stories and true business intent
- Develop modular and robust automated test scripts and infrastructure to ensure maintainability, extensibility and scalability
- Conduct test case and test script reviews to ensure scenarios accurately capture functionality
- Communicate testing activities and findings in oral and written forms
- Continuously make improvements to agile processes, testing practices and QA methods
Penetration Tester / Red Team
- As an experienced professional, provide advice to client management with regard to moderately complex security issues. Assists in the review, development, testing and implementation of security plans, products and control techniques.
- Coordinates the reporting data security incidents. Provides technical support to the client and management and staff in risk assessments and implementation of appropriate data security procedures and products.
- Monitors existing and proposed security standard setting groups. State and Federal legislation and regulations.
- Identifies and escalates changes that will affect information security policy, standards and procedures.
- Executes security controls to prevent hackers from infiltrating company information or jeopardizing e-commerce programs.
- Researches attempted efforts to compromise security protocols. Administers security policies to control access to systems and maintains the company firewall.
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
- Work leadership may be provided by assigning work and resolving problems.
- Must have a strong Red Team Penetration Testing background
- Must have experience and be very proficient with the common tools associated with penetration testing (Metasploit, Burp Suite, Cobalt Strike, etc)
- Must have a solid understanding of voice and data networks, major operating systems, active directory, and their associated peripherals
- Must demonstrate knowledge of tactics, techniques, and procedures associated with malicious insider activity, organized crime/fraud groups and both state and non-state sponsored threat actors.
- Must be able to critically examine an organization and system through the perspective of a threat actor and articulate risk in clear, precise terms.
- Must be able to both work independently as well as effectively work in teams with individuals with a variety of skills and backgrounds
- Ability to effectively code in a scripting language (Python, Perl, etc)
- Desirable certifications: OSCP, GPEN, OSCE
- Previous experience working in the financial industry
- Typically 5-7 years of IT experience.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!