North Hollywood Job Description Sample
Counselor - Granada Hills
A small Non - Profit Agency supporting individuals for over 35 years, seeking a kind, compassionate and patient person to work with adults with intellectual disabilities in a 100% community based day program. This position entails teaching life skills in a community based setting, counseling with an emphasis on behavior shaping, transporting clients to various community locations; malls, movies, bowling, museums, electronic stores etc. Counselors will teach appropriate social and behavioral skills and provide close supervision. Meet in the park and spend the day in the community!!!
This job is a great opportunity to learn about mental health and developmental disabilities. You will make a difference in someone's life by enriching their day!!! Work with a great supportive team!!!!
Hours: M-F 8:30 AM -3:30 PM. Paid 35 hours. Location: Granada Hills $14.25 per hour . Cash incentives approximately every two months!!!
A high school diploma and one year of work experience.
Must be 21 years of age and have three years of driving with a clean record!
Must have your own reliable vehicle, and car insurance.
Physical exam and TB test required
Background check required.
Preferable that candidate live in the San Fernando Valley
Health and dental benefits, approximately two weeks of vacation and sick time, 403b plan available and agency retirement plan , 12 paid holidays.
Please visit see our website to learn more about our exciting programs!! www.vistasprograms.com
Restaurant Team Member
Partner - Tax
- Lead growth efforts through active involvement in the delivery of client service and the development of new clients
- Demonstrate knowledge of firm policies applicable to tax practice and professional standards
- Work with Partners and other lines of business in order to provide exceptional client service
- Have a solid understanding of the client’s industry, business, objectives and risk tolerance
- Perform detailed and technical tax review, approval and signing of all tax returns of any complexity
- Perform, delegate and manage tax projects
- Navigate the discussion of complex tax issues with ease to taxpayers and management
- Present tax returns to Board of Directors at the client site and/or via telephone
- Keep current with and implement new professional standards applicable to clients and industries
- Ensure timeliness of deliverables and accept final responsibility for decisions
- Act as a resource for tax staff on tax issues and/or questions
- Maintain and mentor staff on client service, business development, standards of practice, tax practice quality, and risk management
- Supervise staff and provide on-the-job training to minimize voluntary turnover
- Act as a technology champion
- 15+ years of experience in public accounting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent required
- Strong communication, organizational, and technological skills
- Experience in managing staff members is preferred
- Knowledge of income tax returns in the areas of individuals, partnerships, S Corporations, C Corporations, nonprofits and foundations, complex real estate transactions, trust accounting, foreign tax matters and merger & acquisitions
We are an equal opportunity employer.
General Manager- CA
Business Development Manager
As the Business Development Manager, you will work with the Marketing Manager to develop business development strategies and tactics that support the firm’s overall marketing and growth plans. You will also be responsible for coaching staff on how best to convey business development information and ideas.
Ideal candidate will have 10+ years in accounting, professional services, or other B2B business development.
- Work with marketing manager to develop business development strategy
- Targeting and research – identify new business opportunities that support the firm’s goals
- Train and coach partners and senior managers on effective business development techniques, how to better articulate the firm’s brand position, and in pursuing new sales opportunities
- Present and share knowledge on developments and trends
- Develop proposals, presentations, and other prospect documents
- Build strategic relationships and connect partners with quality prospects
- Promote cross-selling
- Manage new business website inquiries
- Track and analyze results, generate reports, proactively provide feedback to improve success
- Help identify and select sponsorship, speaking, and event opportunities
- Support partner involvement in civic and professional associations to further brand awareness
- Attend networking events
- Serve as a brand ambassador
Individuals who will thrive in this role will bring critical thinking, emotional intelligence, an executive presence, intellectual curiosity, and be results-driven. The successful candidate should also have the following skills:
- Understanding of the business issues associated with the accounting and professional services industries
- Ability to develop and hone proposals that align with the firm’s principles and branding
- Be an adoption leader with unwavering commitment and enthusiasm to help drive the firm’s growth
- Ready to foster a culture of collaboration & growth
- Relationship builder – takes care in cultivating internal and external relationships
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Exceptional oral, written, and presentation skills – ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and management; comfortable advising and coaching partners of the firm
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Intermediate to Advanced skill level in Adobe InDesign (for proposals)
- Committed to quality and continuous improvement
- Strong multi-tasker who can manage multiple projects
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong capabilities in data analysis and market research
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Adobe: Photoshop, Illustrator
- CRM systems (Salesforce, Hubspot, or others)
- A graduate with a bachelor’s degree (equivalent experience may also be considered
Senior Associate, Audit
- Plans financial audits by understanding organization objectives, structure, policies, and internal controls.
- Examining and analyzing records, reports, operating policies, and documentation.
- Completes audit work papers and memoranda by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Responsible for analyzing accounting records and executing audit program steps, testing general ledger, and account balances.
- Responsible for and supervising audit engagements; and communicate audit progress and findings by providing information in status meetings, highlighting unresolved issues, and reviewing work papers.
- Prepare financial statements and review returns.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, and reading professional publications.
- 2-5 years of public accounting experience. Experience with employee benefit plans, 401k audits, and labor organization services preferred.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully communicate with people at all levels of the organization
- Computer proficiency in TR AdvanceFlow Software (preferred) and Microsoft Office suite, and other Accounting related programs
- Strong professional service ethic
- Must possess strong analytical and prioritization skills
- Manage multiple tasks
- BA or BS Accounting Degree required
- CPA or CPA candidate desired
- Stay current on the latest GAAS practices and knowledge of GAAP matters
Our philosophy – listen, then advise – has made Miller Kaplan one of the top 100 certified public accounting firms in the United States. Established in 1941, we provide audit, accounting, tax, business management, licensing and royalty, industry metrics, and consulting services from our offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle, Las Vegas, Denver, and Sun Valley, ID. We know that the best way to serve our clients is with a smart, productive, and happy team of professionals which is why we provide quality training, a lifetime learning experience, and a positive work environment. The firm offers competitive salary with full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), LTD, FSA, and paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave.
Security Officer - High Rise Commercial Real Estate
Pharmacy Technician (Part Time)
Project Engineer, Systems Engineer, IT Support Level 2/3
Are you the escalation point for IT issues in your current role? Do you have the rare and special combination of IT chops and customer service skills it takes to roll out major IT initiatives at an enterprise client? We'd love to speak with you!
We are seeking an A-player to join our growing team and be a part of our thriving culture. This is not just another grind-it-out IT job-this is a career in a cool industry that will get you trained and hands-on with cutting edge tech that you simply won’t touch anywhere else.
GPL Technologies is hiring a IT Engineer for a front-line, client-facing role that requires fortitude, patience, and extremely quick thinking to be successful. We're a Managed Services provider and VAR with media & entertainment clients in the greater LA area who need a solid Level 2 Engineer to help them keep their systems and infrastructure working in harmony.
- Respond to incoming Help Desk calls & tickets
- Perform day-to-day System Administration of client environments, including but not limited to system monitoring, troubleshooting, and capacity management.
- Clearly document actions taken in our ticketing system.
- Work with senior engineering staff to ensure client environments are healthy and SLA goals are met.
- Assist operations staff with inventory management.
- Participate in on-call rotation and respond to emergency calls as required in a timely manner.
- Maintain vendor certifications and engage in continuing self-improvement studies.
Founded in 2003, GPL Technologies has been building a team of talented professionals in entertainment media/ post production information technology. Our team consists of client focused account managers, certified and trained IT specialists, vendor partners, and a stimulating culture that isn’t present in most IT companies.
To match the consistent growth of GPL Technologies, we are looking to add value to our team. We seek driven professionals with a knack for entertainment, a cultural fit, and a focus in unparalleled service to be provided to clients. Professionals within GPL are given tools to work with and the necessary training to use them. We invest in our employees to ensure that we offer superior service to clients, may it be vendor training or hardware/software certification, we invite you to be part of that growth.
- 5-10 years professional IT experience
- Experience supporting Windows, iOS, & Linux
- Relevant certifications a plus (MS, Linux, VMWare)
- Experience with Media & Entertainment clients a big plus
GPL provides health, dental, and vision benefits along with a 401k plan. In addition, GPL has positive work-life balance and a very liberal vacation/personal time policy. Lastly, GPL provides partner vendor training, education and certification.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!