North Houston Job Description Sample
Executive Director For Non-Profit Drug Treatment Organization
The Executive Director is the key management leader of Matthew’s Hope.org. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach.
- Works with board to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for leading Matthew’s Hope.org in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Founders and Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Founders and Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Founders and Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of Matthew’s Hope.org, to include submission to the Founders and Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support Matthew’s Hope.org’s mission.
- Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible effective administration of operations.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.
- Planning and operation of annual budget.
- Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
- Serving as the primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media and the general public.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the state and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance the organization’s mission.
- Report to and work closely with the Founders and Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the Foundation throughout the State.
- Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
- Strategic planning and implementation.
- Oversee organization, board and committee meetings.
- Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Founders and Board of Directors.
- A bachelor’s degree
- Transparent and high integrity leadership
- Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience in a drug treatment organization, specifically geared towards opioid addition.
- Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of Matthew’s Hope.org’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
- Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking ability
Our mission is to clinically and financially empower physicians to maximize the health and well-being of their patients. We aim to be an innovator within the healthcare delivery system and a revolutionary force in shaping new clinically relevant responses to the healthcare needs of the people we serve.
Our executive team is composed of thought leaders in both healthcare and business, who are committed to transforming the delivery of quality healthcare. Our executives are often featured as experts in the media as well as at industry events.
Peritoneal Dialysis Registered Nurse
Our San Antonio Clinic is seeking a PD Registered Nurse to be responsible for the delivery of all dialysis related nursing services for the End Stage Renal Disease patient in a PD (peritoneal dialysis) setting. This position reports to the Facility Administrator/Director of
- Supervise and enforce all company and facility approved procedures and policies.
- Complete admission process as outlined in policies and procedure.
- Complete pre-and post- treatment physical and mental assessment.
- Supervise the peritoneal dialysis patients:
- Report machine problems to manufacturers
- Be familiar with all emergency equipment and all emergency operational procedures.
- Teach patients by using appropriate nursing standards requiring assessment, planning and delivery of patient care.
- Assist physician during patient rounds
- Administer medications to patients
- Analyzes patient assessment, laboratory data and when concerns are noted, brings issues to the attention of the physician
- Transcribe and implement physician orders
- Seek to improve work processes and participate in work improvement process and committees.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement activities.
- Participate in Patient Care Plan meetings
- Help gather data for comparative and trending; to help identify opportunities for improvement
- Report all incidents, information, complaints, or problems to the director of nursing or facility administrator.
- Recommend changes in patient treatment based on patient’s current needs.
- Communicate with the physician(s), social worker(s), and dietitian(s).
- Supervise and maintain all documentation of patient information
- Meet routinely with the director of nursing or facility administrator to discuss patient care status.
- Assume primary responsibility in an emergency situation.
- Facilitate communication among patient and family and team members
- Establish and maintain an ordering system that ensures the patient receives all supplies in timely manner
- Communicate in writing at least monthly through progress notes that document continuity of care.
- Prepare and implement patient care plans as required
- Maintain a schedule that ensures that each patient receives a clinic visit at least once a month
- Others duties as assigned
Skills / Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- Current licensure as an RN in the state of
- At least 12 months’ experience in clinical nursing and an additional 6 months’ experience in the specific modality
- Satisfactory professional references
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the English language and be able to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Complete all training requirements of the Texas Health Department as found in the training and competency policy of this section of policies and procedures.
Business Development Center Representative
We currently have an opportunity available for a Business Development Center Representative/Coordinator. Qualified candidates will share our passion for great customer service and have the drive to go above and beyond the minimum standard. The Business Development Center Representative is responsible for receiving all incoming sales calls, establishing relationships with customers and scheduling appointments for the sales team.
The BDC Representative interacts daily with the Sales Associates, Sales Manager, Finnance Manager, support staff, and customers.
He/She will receive inbound sales phone calls and leads, identifying the customer's needs and scheduling appointments, placing outbound phone calls to potential leads, ensuring all customers concerns are addressed prior to appointment date, contacting customers prior to appointment date to confirm the appointment, following up post visit to ensure customer satisfaction, update the customer's status using the CRM (Customer relationship management) software.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Extensive customer service, sales, or telemarketing background
- Computer literacy, strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Related experience and/or being bilingual is a highly preferred skill for the position.
- Competitive compensation and generous bonuses structure will be offered to the right candidate.
The Clinical Coordinator is responsible for assisting with management and operation of the clinic. This position assumes full responsibility for the dialysis clinic in the absence of the Facility Administrator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works with Administrators on developing optimal staffing and patient schedules.
- Implements and ensures compliance with all organization standards, guidelines, rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Works with the Facility Administrators to maintain chronological, thorough, and appropriate documentation in the patient record.
- Assists the Facility Administrator with necessary Corrective Action Plan development, implementation and follow up as required.
- Serves as a resource/subject matter expert for patient needs and issues, staff education and in-service sessions as necessary, working closely with the Educators.
- Acquire information in the latest developments of dialysis techniques (and dialysis related services, if applicable) by participating in all scheduled in service classes.
- Collaborates in the development, implantation and maintenance of a Quality Assessment and Improvement Program (QAPI) to ensure the provisions of quality patient care and compliance with all Joint Commission requirements. Maintain documentation of all activities. Inform Director Operations/Area Manager/Clinical Manager of progress made in aspects of Outpatient Care Program.
- Participate in QAPI meetings on a monthly and quarterly basis quarterly to assure proper reporting of outpatient QAPI activities.
- Collaborates with Clinical Manager by conducting and documenting Outpatient staff meetings on a regular basis if appropriate.
- Assess daily patient care needs and communicate concerns to attending physician. Implement changes in patient care/treatment as directed.
- Coordinate and schedule direct patient care staff to provide coverage of outpatient dialysis treatment in facilities and ensure efficient patient scheduling and staff utilizations.
- Communicates with the physician and other members of the healthcare team to interpret, adjust, and complete patient care plans.
- Monitors patient condition with regard to problems and potential complications associated with dialysis.
- Administer medications to patients per physicians orders.
- Coordinate with appropriate technical staff to ensure preventative maintenance program for routine machine maintenance, to ensure the timely repair of disabled machines, to coordinate infection control measures, routine water culturing, water testing, logging of results, transportation of equipment and supplies, and communicate technical information to the staff.
- Others duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred (Graduation from an accredited school of nursing).
- Current licensure as an R.N. in the state of Texas.
- Demonstrates ability to function in a leadership position and to perform in new and emergent situations with sound judgment.
- At least six months experience in performing hemodialysis obtained within the last 24 months.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the English language and be able to communicate verbally and in writing
- Be physically able to lift patients from stretcher or wheelchair or assist patients from stretcher or wheelchair as necessary. And, be able to lift at least 30 pounds from floor level using proper body mechanics, and be capable of carrying two thirty pound containers of concentrate solution. Additionally, must be able to stand for periods of up to 4 hours, during the dialysis process, normal breaks excluded.
Full Stack Web Developer
Who we are:
Global Healing Center is a leading manufacturer, distributor, and retailer of healthy living products, specializing in cleansing and detoxification. Our mission: create and market the best products possible, help as many people as we can through education, and provide customers with solutions to live a healthy lifestyle. Check us out at www.globalhealingcenter.com if you are truly interested in working with us.
Here's the job:
You will be leading and managing a team of front-end and back-end developers to maintain and carry out web development projects for our websites. This includes our main ecommerce site and several microsites. You must have a deep understanding of ecommerce and CMS platforms, extensive LAMP stack experience, and hands-on front-end/back-end development. You will be expected to be an effective leader and contribute creative solutions for our growing web technology needs.
- Effectively lead, coach, support and develop the Web Development Team;
- Manage resources, assignments and tasks across the Web Development Team;
- Coordinate with the CTO and other team managers to ensure optimized workflow between teams;
- Effectively track and manage projects to completion to meet deadlines, through our project management software;
- Configure and maintain Magento and WordPress to work with other business tools;
- Implement/consume REST services;
- Maintain PCI compliance requirements;
- Provide suggestions and recommendations for new technology solutions;
- Administer, configure, monitor and test application servers;
- Implement and monitor scheduled database and application backups;
- Monitor and maintain LAMP stack servers (security patches, updates, etc.);
- Create, maintain, and enforce code standards;
- Maintain and manage the web infrastructure for high availability of critical e-commerce operations.
- Balance management and development duties;
- Take initiative and set the energy for the team;
- Manage updates to the organization's web presence including reporting on usage analytics;
- Lead continuous web site improvements and optimizations;
- Review, evaluate, analyze and modify existing programming as necessary;
- Work collaboratively with other teams on projects to improve and enhance our websites.
- Manage all phases of special projects: from development, design, testing, production release, to monitoring, operations and performance management.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or another related field;
- Minimum 3 years of hands on back/front-end web development experience;
- Minimum 3 years of team lead, supervisor or manager experience;
- Knowledge of e-commerce operations, managing server environment, and database operations;
- Solid understanding of W3C web standards;
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) such as S3 and EC2;
- Comfortable in a Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP (LAMP) environment;
- Experience with responsive design;
- Strong knowledge of web frameworks;
- Strong PHP, OOP, and MVC principles and design patterns;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, task-focused, team environment;
- Strong initiative and self-starting approach;
- Ability to operate effectively during rapid growth;
- Great attention to details;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Experience working with responsive and mobile web development;
- Experience collaborating on and managing large software projects;
- Experience in leadership role or similar experience;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with low tolerance for error.
- Knowledge of or experience in natural health industry;
- Actively embraces healthy living;
- Believes in helping others;
- Enjoys making a positive change in the world;
- Knowledge of SEO best practices;
- Available after-hours for servers/application troubleshooting;
- Relational DB concepting and modeling.
- Paid Time Off (PTO);
- Company covered health, dental, vision, and life insurance;
- 5% 401(k) match plus an additional 4%;
- Allowances for gym, continuing education, preventative care and other reimbursements;
- Employee store credit;
- Company sponsored events;
- Fun team-building activities.
How do I apply?
Fill out the online application and please be sure to include a copy of your resume AND a cover letter to us in PDF or Word Format.
This job description reflects our initial assessment of this position. It in no way is meant to limit or exclude any task which may be assigned. We are excited to add a new member to our team, and we believe strongly in growing from within. Please expect to learn new things while working here, and realize that you will be a valuable asset to the company.
Lead Teacher / Instructor – After School Steam K-5
IMMEDIATE HIRE! Tutor Doctor of Houston is looking for passionate lead teachers / instructors for part-time positions for elementary students in grades K-5 throughout the 2017-2018 Academic School Year to inspire students as learners, collaborators, and leaders. Certified Teachers with experience or interest in S.T.E.A.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math) is preferred.
We are looking for individuals who can manage a mixed-age classroom, inspire excitement about learning, channel the enthusiasm that comes from hands-on learning into productive outcomes, maintain a friendly learning environment, and create a sense of community in the classroom. We are also hiring INTERNS who want to learn project management skills and practice classroom instruction. If you have these type of skills and want to make a difference then we want you on our team!
Tutor Doctor is an educational agency that provides personalized instruction in support of classroom instruction, as well as, after-school enrichment programs for schools. Services are customized to school preferences and student needs. We match instructors with students based on qualifications, skills, and personality. This is an independent contractor position. Hourly wage varies based on qualifications, experience, and location. Please send your resume ASAP and visit www.tutorsofhouston.com for more information about Tutor Doctor of Houston or call us at 281-2-1-TUTOR (281-218-8867)
Ideal candidates should have these qualities:
- Minimum 2 years of teaching and classroom management experience
- Experience with and interest in S.T.E.A.M. – teaching, making, coaching, and playing
- Ability to be flexible and patient with children
- Creativity in a classroom, be willing to roll up sleeves and get messy during hands-on science and building activities
- MUST be able to pass a Background Check as required with Houston ISD and Harris County Department of Education
- Teaching / Childhood Psychology Degree / Certification a Plus
- College degree or working towards a college degree
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven track record of dependability and professionalism
- Ability to travel to schools
- Be dependable and responsible
- Good interpersonal and rapport building skills, with students, teachers, and parents.
- Own Transportation
- Teach 1-5 days a week during Monday – Friday, 3:30pm-5:00pm
- Inspire, engage and teach a group of up to 22 elementary students
- Take care of classroom and program materials (including daily set-up and clean up)
- Assist students with their personal projects
- Be resourceful, energetic and actively encourage children as they progress on their activities towards their final project presentations
- Send weekly email summary after each class
- Maintain communication with Program Director
- Provide feedback / enhancements to the existing lessons / projects
Please note all materials and lessons will be provided following Buck Institute of Education’s Engineering Design Process; along with, on-going support from the Program Director.
Class A Heavy Haul Flatbed Truck Driver
Class A Heavy Haul Flatbed Truck Driver with TWIC
Here at ProDrivers we are in search of experienced heavy haul flatbed truck drivers with a class A license. Driver will need to be experienced with permit and/or oversized loads. Flatbed driver will be responsible for the transportation of steel, pipe, and beams. Deliveries are local. The shift is 5:30am, Monday through Friday. EXTENSIVEOVERTIME hours. Driver must have TWIC. Here at ProDrivers our most valuable asset is our drivers. Our goal is to keep you home with your families and provide a steady reliable work place to work.
- Shift Monday-Friday 4:30-5:30am start time
- $1000+ per week
- 50-60 hours per week
- Home everyday
- 2 years verifiable Class A flatbed driving experience
- Valid Class A License required
- Clean driving record
- Heavy haul or permit load experience
- Weekly Pay, Direct Deposit
- Bonuses, Holiday Pay
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- IRA Options
- Coffee and fresh baked cookies daily
Our Track Record of Success
ProDrivers is the largest truck driver services company in the United States specializing in CDL drivers. Through our experience and scope, we are able to provide unsurpassed value to our clients and drivers. For our clients, we have developed time-tested and tailored programs to meet their specialized needs, while for our drivers we offer highly desirable employment opportunities that match their personal preferences and career goals.
Our Values Make a Difference
Our corporate values are not just words on a paper, they are how we behave and what we look to to help us navigate in difficult situations.
Integrity- We do what we say we're going to do
Honesty- Candid and complete communication; that's the cornerstone of any successful relationship
Maturity- We enter relationships for the "long haul"
Passion- To be great takes more than experience and skill; we love what we do
Family First- When our employees and drivers are happy at home, it shows in their work
Value for Clients
Reliable supply of highly qualified drivers when and where you need them.
Services tailored to meet your needs.
Elimination of time-consuming and costly regulatory compliance in regard to driver training and certification.
Assistance in meeting CSA obligations.
Outstanding customer service.
Value for Drivers
Wide selection of jobs.
Flexibility in scheduling.
Full- or part-time employment.
Respectful employer who treats you as a professional and accommodates your personal life.
About Our Parent Company
ProDrivers is proud to be a part of the EmployBridge family of specialty companies. Each of EmployBridge's business units focuses on a dedicated specialty in order to deliver a superior level of service to employment candidates and clients.
Our specialty brands have served a wide range of business segments for over 30 years, providing specialized services in:
Electric Motor Winder
We are currently looking for a Motor Winder in the Heights area of Houston to start immediately.
Must have experience!!!
Role and Responsibilities-
Re-wind various types of electro-mechanical equipment including but not limited to single phase, three phase, armatures and wound rotors.
-Inspect various types of electro-mechanical equipment for damage and evidence of electrical malfunctions
-Ability to dismantle, strip and record coil data for AC/DC machines (motors/generators)
-Cut and remove defective coils, record data and remove insulation from core slots.
-Cut and form insulation and insert into rotor, stator, or armature slots
-Install and align formed or random coils in slots
-Replace defective coil leads and solder/braze connections of coils in specified sequence
-Test condition of windings according to EASA standards
-Prepare all reusable parts for rewinding and inspect refurnished parts for hidden, structural damage or unusual conditions
-Test rewound electro-mechanical equipment and document test results
-Operate specialized repair and testing equipment including but not limited to winding machines, test panels, surge testers, core-loss testers, cut-off saws, burnout ovens, bake ovens, grinders, cranes, forklift, brazing units, dip tanks, VPI systems and various handheld power and non-power tools, etc.
High School Diploma or GED
Minimum of 3 years exp.
Location- Heights area
If you meet these experience and qualifications you may go online to expresspros.com and complete online application. you may also contact us at 713-523-5530 for more information!
The University of Houston has an immediate opening for a Journeyman / Electrician on campus. Ideal candidates will have a minimum of 1+years of experience, high school diploma and/or GED, valid drivers license, and most importantly a valid Electrician License. Please include Electrician License number on your resume.
Under general supervision, maintains electrical service to university owned buildings. Maintains branch circuits for convenience outlets, lighting, motors and controllers. Maintains emergency power circuits.
- Inspects and repairs electrical service within buildings, including electrical distribution, branch circuits, associated breakers and distribution panels.
- Inspects and repairs emergency power circuits within buildings, to include distribution and branch circuits.
- Repairs/replaces damaged or faulty electrical devices in electrical distribution throughout buildings, i.e., breakers, wiring, controllers, convenience outlets, light fixtures, lights, etc.
- Completes work orders, emergency tickets and preventative maintenance assignments.
- Works with outside electrical supplier (HL&P) to ensure that all power lines are free of obstacles; works with suppliers and outside contractors in restoring overhead power to buildings.
- Serves on special task force during periods of emergency, such as floods, storms, hurricanes, etc.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
THIS JOB REQUIRES A VALID TEXAS DRIVER'S LICENSE.
High school and/or GED and 1+ year experience
Requires technical certification or licensing directly related to the job, as specified on a job description addendum.
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED.
At the University of Houston we prepare students to envision their future, emerge as leaders and launch careers that transform the world.
Manager, Tax & Audit
Baker & Baldwin, a Houston based executive search firm, is seeking a Manager of Tax & Audit for a prominent client. This is a full time direct hire position offering a competitive base salary and benefits.
Develop and maintain productive relationships with client management.
Participate in performing audit procedures and tax compliance work for assigned clients.
Understand the client's needs and recognize key performance drivers and business trends.
Stay informed of general business/economic developments and their impact to the audit client.
Conduct timely performance reviews and provide performance feedback/training.
Use technology to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery.
Maintain an educational program to continually develop skills.
Maintain cooperative relationships with other teams.
Understand the firm and its clients and actively assess/present ways to apply knowledge.
Develop long-term relationships and networks both internally and externally.
5+ years of professional experience in public accounting.
CPA license preferred.
BA/BS degree in Accounting, Master's preferred.
Dedication to teamwork and leadership.
Integrity within a professional environment.
Excellent verbal and writing skills with a professional demeanor.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!