Novi Job Description Sample
Costing Specialist - Structural Products
Team Member: Service Champion
Team Member: Food Champion
Assistant General Manager
Business Development Manager
Vector provides OEMs and suppliers of automotive and related industries a professional and open development platform of tools, software components and services for creating embedded systems. Vector CANtech is an industry leader in Vehicle Networking technology based on CAN, J1939, LIN, MOST, Ethernet, FlexRay and AUTOSAR, supplying powerful development/analysis tools, software development and quality integration services.
We have an immediate need for an experienced Business Development Manager for our Networking and Distributed Systems Group to:
- Develop and implement business development plans to meet product line and sales goals.
- Manage and expand continued business with key customers; identifies needs to be filled and work with internal groups to fill these needs.
- Proactively initiate customer contact on a regular basis to develop positive, long-term, business relationships.
- Identify market potential by qualifying customers. Expand sales in existing accounts by introducing new products, processes and services.
- Contribute information to market strategy by monitoring competitive products and providing feedback from customers.
- Identify, specify and propose projects to assist customers integrating Vector tools into their processes.
- Identify and facilitate support solutions for Vector networking and test tools used by product developers and test engineers at OEM’s and suppliers.
- Identify and propose customer training opportunities, define scope of instruction and possibly act as the lead trainer for the class.
- Conduct demonstrations and customer workshops to promote Vector tools within customer organizations.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven track record developing and closing business opportunities
- 5+ years of experience performing vehicle networking and test system related business development/testing/support activities
- Experience using/implementing automotive networking standards such as CAN, CAN FD, J1939, LIN, MOST, Ethernet, FlexRay, AUTOSAR.
- Knowledge of C/C++/C# for embedded systems is desirable.
- Knowledge of XML, .NET and MATLAB/Simulink a plus.
- Knowledge of diagnostic standards such as UDS (ISO14229), ISO15765, SAE J2534, ODX (ISO22901), WWHOBD (ISO27145) and measurement and calibration standards such as CCP/XCP desirable
- Knowledge of OEM/Tier1 automotive ECU development and testing process.
- Previous experience with Vector tools (CANalyzer, CANoe, CAPL, Data Loggers, VT System) is desirable
- Strong communication skills including verbal and listening skills.
- Strong persuasion and facilitation skills to be effective with different personnel levels and functions both at the customer and internally.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a sense of urgency to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Ability to wear several hats to perform various product line responsibilities.
- Ability to travel to customer sites outside SE Michigan as necessary (typically < 30%).
- B.S. in EE/SE/CE/CS or related field or equivalent combination of education/experience.
What we offer you:
- A core business in growing and exciting technologies.
- The atmosphere of a small company with the resources of a global organization with offices in Europe, the Americas, and Asia.
- A privately held enterprise: Our products and strategic direction are based on our customer's needs, not outside investment interests.
- An engineering company run by engineers. If you’re an engineer, we speak your language.
- An 'open-door' environment: Communication with management is simple and direct, no rigid protocol to follow.
- The work-life balance of our employees underlies everything we do at Vector: For instance, we request input on decisions that directly affect our employees, or promote social events open to all employees.
Your work is our source code. Your passion and creativity is our success. You generate ideas and results, and in return, we provide an attractive, high-tech working environment with a generous Total Rewards Program. For example, our employee benefit package and flextime environment have consistently ranked in one of the top 3 categories of our annual employee survey.
Vector offers an excellent total rewards package. This is an excellent opportunity for the right person.
Emergency Medical Tech
Team Lead - ABI
Field Service Technician (Digital Service Engineer)
Temporary Retail Sales Advisor
Retail Department Manager
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!