Nurse Case Manager Job Description Sample
Registered Nurse Case Manager - Rncm - Registered Nurse
In conjunction with the respective job duties, all employees are expected to uphold the Vision, Mission, and Guiding Principles that Evergreen Home Healthcare has set forth. All services and operations provided by staff will remain in alliance with Evergreen Home Healthcare’s Core Values.
Responsibilities of theRegistered Nurse Case Manager (RNCM)
- Instructs, supervises, and evaluates that the care provided by the Certified Nursing Assistant/LPN is appropriate and follows the physician ordered plan of care.
- Monitors and manages patient care to promote continuity of care, optimal patient outcomes, patient satisfaction, cost efficiency, and compliance.
- Maintain current and accurate patient records
- Have good organizational and communication skills
- Be able to maintain relationships and communication with patients and care team
Requirements of theRegistered Nurse Case Manager (RNCM)
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Registered Nurse with current license in good standing
- 2 years of Nursing experience as an RN
- Reliable transportation, dependable, and have good references
- BLS - CPR Certified
- Pass a national background check
- Must be passionate about caring for people
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions, as well as document the services provided (in English)
- Must have regular access to the Internet and email
*PTO is available for all direct care staff employees
* $1500 sign on bonus upon completions of internal policy requirements
Since 2007, Evergreen Home Healthcare, LLC has helped hundreds of patients of all ages with a multitude of medical needs and conditions receive the in-home care they need. We provide comprehensive home healthcare, including acute care and long-term medical care, specialized pediatric care, in-home therapy sessions, and more from compassionate caregivers.
We specialize in providing pediatric home healthcare services to families with children with disabilities that want to care for their loved ones at home.
We have a large support staff of home care employees including RNs, CNAs, and therapists that are available to provide the necessary care for you or your family member.
We employ and train capable individuals, including family members, to be the home care provider for their loved one. This includes helping individuals get their CNA license at one of the many schools in the area that we work with.
Private Duty Nursing For Patients Of All Ages
We provide Private Duty Nursing with our RNs and LPNs for patients of all ages, from pediatric home care to the elderly, requiring the highest levels of nursing care at home on a long-term or acute basis. Evergreen is a great employer for healthcare professionals looking for full and part-time employment. We offer career growth opportunities, as well as an extensive benefits package including traditional and Roth 401K, health insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and PTO for ALL full and part-time employees.
Fully Licensed & Insured
Evergreen Home Healthcare is a fully licensed and insured home care agency and accepts Medicare, Medicaid, private insurance, and private payment. Please contact us for any questions regarding our company, we look forward to hearing from you!
Registered Nurse (Rn) - Nurse Case Manager
You will be able to work from home, travel locally and have a flexible work day.
M-F Work Week
No Night Shifts
We are a Nurse Case Management company, specializing in Workers' Compensation injuries.
Currently, we are hiring in multiple Los Angeles County Cities:
Bilingual (Spanish) Registered Nurses
Experienced Workers' Compensation Nurse Case Managers
Benefits: Top Salary and Full benefit package including:
=> Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance
=> 401K Pension Plan
=> Paid Vacation and Sick days
=> Flexible hours
=> Company laptop and a cell phone
NO HANDS ON NURSING REQUIRED!!!!
California Registered Nurse (RN) license
2+ years clinical nursing experience (or occupational health)
1+ years Workers' Compensation Case Management experience or fluent in Spanish .
Valid Driver's License and CA Auto Insurance
Ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel efficiently
RN will facilitate and coordinate all aspects of Medical and Non-Medical care experienced by those who have sustained work related injuries. You will interact with insurance company adjusters, attorneys, physicians, and other health care professionals involved. You will oversee the care of these patients, attend medical appointments, visit hospitals, coordinate medical equipment and home modifications, and any other services or products that are needed.
is a corporate search firm specializing in the Healthcare and Consumer Products industry. The category emphasis for most of our search is in Allied care. We are focused on Respiratory/Sleep Lab, Occupational/Physical Therapy, Lab Tech/Lab Management, Pharmacy, Radiology/Imaging, Nurse/Nurse Management, Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant, Hospice/Home Health/Skilled Nursing and all aspects of Management/Executive Healthcare recruitment. We also recruit Physicians for private practice and Hospitalists for our clients.
Our organization is committed to excellence in recruitment. With our staff of experienced recruiters, we provide each client with a vast knowledge of the industry and the tools necessary to be competitive in your important search.
Case Manager - Nurse Case Manager
We are seeking an RN-Case Manager for Home Health to join our team! You will be responsible for the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of assigned patients.
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, or disabled patients
- Diagnose and establish patient treatment plans
- Monitor and report changes in patient symptoms or behavior
- Communicate with collaborating physicians or specialists regarding patient care
- Educate patients about health maintenance and disease prevention
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities
- Maintain accurate patient medical records
- Provide advice and emotional support to patients and their family members
- Previous experience in nursing or other medical fields
- Familiarity with medical software and equipment
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Certified Nurse Case Manager - Bilingual
Are you looking for an exciting position with a new innovative medical center? AbsoluteCARE of Baltimore could be your answer; it is a Chronic Care Patient-Centered Medical Center in Greenbelt, Maryland. We are searching for a dynamic Certified Nurse(RN) Case Manager with experience with the Baltimore City population to help coordinate care and manage a population of patients in a team-based model—a Chronic Care Patient-Centered Medical Home. The Certified NurseCase Manager must be comfortable with and have experience managing a complex patient base and be familiar with Greenbelt, MD both with its population as well as its geography. The CertifiedNurse Case Manager will be a key member in the full multi-disciplinary team working in collaboration with a multitude of other medical personnel, in order to help patients become healthier and lower their unnecessary medical utilization. They will be responsible for following patients through the whole care continuum including helping navigate different transitions of care. The CertifiedNurse Case Manager works with patients, the member's family, and providers (both within AbsoluteCARE, as well as coordinating care with providers outside AbsoluteCARE) to help reduce preventable ER visits and hospitalizations. The Certified Nurse Case Manager is responsible for developing a plan of care for the member, in conjunction with the providers and the whole multi-disciplinary team. This includes working with the patients very closely to address different clinical gaps in care and alleviating non-clinical social barriers to care.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides face-to-face and telephonic Case Management services to assigned members;
- Develops and implements an individualized plan of care for each member;
- Communicates and participates with the entire AbsoluteCARE multi-disciplinary team;
- Coordinates with the member, family, and caregivers to help resolve barriers to care;
- Evaluates member/family strengths, health behaviors, and resources;
- Intervenes with at-risk members to avoid unnecessary hospitalizations;
- Successfully collaborates with member and family to assure comprehension of available resources;
- Considers member/family physical, educational, and financial resources;
- Other duties as required, including but not limited to cross-coverage of other office functions.
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Preferred Bilingual
- Currently licensed as an RN in the State of Maryland.
- Three (3) years related experience in Case Management
- Extensive knowledge of population, geography, and resources
- The requirement for excellent interpersonal and communications skills cannot be over emphasized.
- Experience working with psychosocially and medically complex patients
- Must be able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team with constant collaboration within and across provider teams.
- Must be a creative and innovative self-starter to help solve patient's problems
- Meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Effectively adapt and respond to a complex, fast-paced, and results-oriented environment
- Knowledge and experience using Electronic Medical Records and ability to analyze and leverage their reporting capabilities is a significant advantage.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Handle confidential health care information following all HIPAA guidelines
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Free Life Insurance (up to 50 K)
- Free Short Term Disability
- Free Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off Plan
- 401k Plan with discretionary match
- Growing company with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Free garage parking 24/7/365
- Friendly staff in a very pleasant work environment
- Latest technology
We aim for the highest quality and most cost effective medical and wellness care in a private setting that offers comprehensive medical, laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, nutrition, educational and support services. AbsoluteCARE provides Compassionate, Confidential, Comprehensive and Culturally-Effective Care for Patients and their Families.
Registered Nurse Case Manager
The RN provides skilled professional nursing care to the patient/family/caregiver as prescribed by the physician and in compliance with the scope of practice established by the California State Board of Registered Nursing. Ability to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served in his/her assigned service area. The skills and knowledge needed to provide such care may be gained through education, training or experience.
1. Is currently licensed as an RN through the California State Board of Registered Nurses.
2. Must have a minimum of (a) one year of experience as a professional nurse within the last three years; or (b) have a baccalaureate degree in nursing from a program accredited by the National League for Nursing and a current RN license.
3. Complies with accepted professional standards and principles.
4. Understands Hospice philosophy, principles of death/dying.
5. Has presented a pre-employment physician’s health clearance including a negative TB skin test and/or CXR and other tests as required by the organization’s policy.
6. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured.
7. Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
8. Has satisfactory references from nursing school, previous (or current) employers and/or professional peers.
9. Has excellent observation, good nursing judgment and communication skills. Ability to provide good written documentation in a timely manner.
10. Is self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision.
11. Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling role obligation and has ability to work within an interdisciplinary team.
1. Seeks and obtains sufficient information necessary to function effectively in the Hospice setting where patient/family/caregiver are requiring care.
2. *Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of nursing process.
3. *Assesses and evaluates patient’s status by:
A. Participating in writing and initiating the plan of care
B. Regularly re-evaluating patient/family/caregiver needs which include the impact of the terminal diagnosis on the patient’s physical, functional, psychosocial and environmental needs and activities of daily living
C. Revising the plan of care as necessary]
4. *Initiates and sustains as needed the implementation of orders for medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
5. Initiates and applies appropriate preventative and therapeutic nursing procedures and techniques and maintains communication regarding patient care with the physician and supervisory personnel.
6. Completes, maintains and submits accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding patient’s condition, care given and demonstrates progress towards establishing goals.
7. Uses supplies and equipment effectively and efficiently.
8. Observes the patient for changes in condition and reports these changes and the patient’s/family’s/caregiver’s needs to the attending physician and appropriate supervisory personnel. Records pain/symptom management changes/outcomes as appropriate.
9. Assists the patient with the activities of daily living and facilitates the patient’s efforts toward self-sufficiency and optimal comfort care.
10. Provides education regarding the disease process, end of life care, self care techniques and processes for dealing with issues of ethical concern. In addition, provides medication, diet and other instructions as ordered by the physician and recognizes and utilizes opportunities for health counseling with patients/families/caregivers. Works in concert with the other Hospice interdisciplinary team members.
11. Provides and maintains a safe environment for the patient.
12. Assists the patient/family/caregiver and other team members in providing continuity of care.
13. Works in cooperation with the family/caregiver and Hospice interdisciplinary team members to meet the emotional needs of the patient/family/caregiver.
14. Supervises ancillary personnel and delegates responsibilities when required.
15. *Performs within the limits of preparation and experience.
16. *Accepts responsibility of assignment to perform a specialized procedure, such as IV Therapy, only when qualified with specialty training, proven competency, clinical background, and expertise in the specialty area.
17. Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development and maintains and upgrades professional knowledge and practice skills through attendance and participation in continuing education and inservice classes.
18. Fulfills the obligation of requested and/or accepted case assignments.
19. Actively participates in quality management program.
Optimal Health Services provides home health care and hospice care to patients and families in the comfort of their own homes. Helping people who have experienced illness or injury to remain in their home environment safely and comfortably is our goal. And we have the privilege of providing health care in homes for almost 30 years.
We strive to take care of every family as though they were our own. Whenever you or a loved one needs home health or hospice care, we hope you will invite us into your home.
The Human Resources Department at Optimal Health Services actively recruits and hires for positions related to home health care, hospice, and corporate office services.The job summaries listed on our website are some of the most often recruited; for further information on any of the summarized positions or other available positions please contact the Human Resources Department.
As one of the premier providers of healthcare services in California, Optimal Health Services knows that our most valuable resource is the team of professionals who make this care possible. We take pride in our team members and their continued commitment to compassionate and professional care.
Maintaining a high standard of caring support for families, we appreciate individuals who share our passion and commitment to serve our community. Regardless of job title, we value each employee who joins our team and will do everything we can to help them to succeed in their area of expertise.
A career at Optimal Health Services gives you an independent and flexible work environment, as well as the one-on-one patient care experience that so many health care professionals desire. We also offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
The demand for quality healthcare continues to grow, so we often have a variety of career opportunities available for both licensed and support staff. We encourage you to take a moment to look at our current list of current openings and check back regularly. We welcome your interest in our company and look forward to hearing from you
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Rn)
RN’s, looking for a new environment? Oxford HealthCare is hiring! Home health care is just what you are looking for. $3500 sign on bonus. Positions in Springfield and Monett.
Oxford HealthCare is seeking a dedicated Registered Nurse Case Manager, to provide skilled, specialized nursing for our clients, enabling them to stay in their homes. Current state Registered Nurse License required, with one year experience as an RN within the last three years. Oxford HealthCare offers the hours and benefits you are looking for!
Join the Oxford HealthCare team and enjoy:
Paid training, Mileage, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts, Retirement Savings-403-B, Flexible Spending Tax Savings Plan, Affordable Insurance Options, Cox Medical Clinic, Fitness Center Discount, Competitive wages, Flexible Scheduling, Weekly Pay, Direct Deposit and MORE!
Apply with the leader in home health today!
Working at Oxford HealthCare means you are working with the home and health care provider trusted by more physicians, families and patients to provide compassionate care, innovative services and cutting-edge technology. Not all positions require previous health care experience. Some clients simply need a little help around the house and we will provide the training you need. We are looking for compassionate people, with a desire to touch the lives of others. If that is the career you want, Oxford HealthCare is the place for you.
Travel Nurse Case Manager (Rn), Worker’S Compensation
Purpose of the Field Nurse Case Manager (RN) Position:
Medically assess and manage cases to facilitate a return of the injured/ill client to productivity and achieve maximum medical improvement in an efficient cost effective and timely manner. It requires up to 75% travel.
Must Speak English & Spanish
Main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Using clinical/nursing skills to help coordinate the individual’s treatment program while maximizing cost containment.
Serving as an intermediary to interpret and educate the individual on his/her disability, and the treatment plan established by the case manager, physicians, and therapists.
Explaining physician’s and therapists’ instructions, and answers any other questions the claimant may have in an effort to facilitate his/her return to work.
Working with the physicians and therapists to set up medical assessments to develop an overall treatment plan that ensures cost containment while meeting state and other regulator’s guidelines.
Researching alternative treatment programs.
Coordinating all aspects of the individual’s enrollment into the programs, and then monitors his/her progress, in an effort to maximize cost containment and minimize time away from work.
Working with employer on modifications to job duties based on medical limitations and the employees functional assessment.
May provide testimony on litigated cases.
Documenting and reporting all case activity for accurate case management and billing procedures.
Preparing detailed evaluation reports, as per account guidelines, and case recording documenting for each phase of activity as it is completed.
Reporting billing hours in accordance with case activity and billing practices.
Maintaining phone contact with all parties involved to monitor, update, and advance case activity to ensure the progress of the case.
Compiling a case inventory on a monthly basis for submission to the branch manager to allow for proper billing.
Completing insurance carrier reports on a monthly (or as required) basis, as well as other necessary paperwork for the insurance company, state, or other regulatory bodies.
Maintaining the necessary credentials and demonstrates a level of professionalism within the work place and in dealing with injured workers reflects positively on the company as a whole.
Acquiring and maintaining knowledge of developments in the medical case management field.
Keeping abreast of state by state workers’ compensation laws and regulations, as well as other issues related to the case management/managed care industry.
We are the franchisor and back office support team for Trojan Labor and Acrux Staffing offices across the country. Trojan Labor provides temporary staffing services which includes general labor, industrial, and construction personnel. Acrux Staffing provides temporary staffing services which includes skilled, semi-skilled and general labor industrial personnel, as well as clerical and secretarial personnel.
About the Higher Quest Foundation:
The Higher Quest Foundation was established in 2006 by the shareholders of Hire Quest LLC. Although the Foundation is closely tied to Hire Quest LLC, it is a separate legal entity. The Higher Quest Foundation has tax exempt 501 (c) (3) status as a non-profit operating entity in the United States. We provide funds for direct grants in two distinct categories: international hunger relief efforts and support of local community charities.
Nurse Case Manager (Nci)
Within the Leidos Biomedical Research Inc.’s Clinical Research Directorate, the Clinical Monitoring Research Program (CMRP) provides high-quality comprehensive and strategic operational support to the high-profile domestic and international clinical research initiatives of the National Cancer Institute (NCI), National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), Clinical Center (CC), National Institute of Heart, Lung and Blood Institute (NHLBI), National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS), National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences (NCATS), National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS), and the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH). Since its inception in 2001, CMRP’s ability to provide rapid responses, high-quality solutions, and to recruit and retain experts with a variety of backgrounds to meet the growing research portfolios of NCI, NIAID, CC, NHLBI, NIAMS, NCATS, NINDS, and NIMH has led to the considerable expansion of the program and its repertoire of support services. CMRP’s support services are strategically aligned with the program’s mission to provide comprehensive, dedicated support to assist National Institutes of Health researchers in providing the highest quality of clinical research in compliance with applicable regulations and guidelines, maintaining data integrity, and protecting human subjects. For the scientific advancement of clinical research, CMRP services include comprehensive clinical trials, regulatory, pharmacovigilance, protocol navigation and development, and programmatic and project management support for facilitating the conduct of 400+ Phase I, II, and III domestic and international trials on a yearly basis. These trials investigate the prevention, diagnosis, treatment of, and therapies for cancer, influenza, HIV, and other infectious diseases and viruses such as hepatitis C, tuberculosis, malaria, and Ebola virus; heart, lung, and blood diseases and conditions; parasitic infections; rheumatic and inflammatory diseases; and rare and neglected diseases. CMRP’s collaborative approach to clinical research and the expertise and dedication of staff to the continuation and success of the program’s mission has contributed to improving the overall standards of public health on a global scale.
The Clinical Monitoring Research Program (CMRP) provides clinical research nursing support to the National Institutes of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) the Division of Clinical Research (DCR).
The Nurse Case Manager (NCM) II provides direct nursing care to an assigned caseload of patients within NIAID utilizing the nursing process to assess, plan, intervene and follow-up on disease-related features as outlined in the clinical protocol.
- Coordinates patient schedules to meet the required procedures, data collection timepoints and nursing care as defined by the clinical protocol.
- Inputs and/or directs input of patient travel and remuneration according to the clinical protocol.
- Assists health care team members in, and/or performs, protocol required procedures such as, but not limited to, phlebotomy and peripheral intravenous catheter placement.
- Enters proxy orders that are defined by the clinical protocol into an electronic charting system
- Reviews the results, and alerts the appropriate health care team members to abnormal outcomes or problematic trends
- Serves as the main communication liaison between an assigned caseload of patients and other health care team members to ensure appropriate interventions are instituted for any research or health-related event
- Functions as the case manager during any period of the Clinical Center inpatient or outpatient visit, collecting and documenting protocol data
- Provide patient education
- May triage and use nursing assessment skills to evaluate a patient in a clinical research setting
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Possession of a current unencumbered professional license as a Registered Nurse (RN) from any U.S. state
- Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency
- A minimum of six (6) months nursing/clinical experience
- Ability to function independently and work collaboratively within a team setting
- Demonstrates highly effective problem-solving, planning and organizational skills
- Effectively manages complex research protocols in a large institutional setting
- Possesses strong working knowledge of clinical research concepts, ethics, processes and protocol implementation and management
- Possesses background knowledge in clinical trials or pharmaceutical projects
- General knowledge of biological principles and scientific methods
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Prior experience in adult/pediatric clinical trials management
- General knowledge of biological principles and scientific methods
- Experience with international clinical trials is a plus
- Case management in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology and/or clinical environment and/or Certified Case Manager (CCM) credential
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Registered Nurse Case Manager
Registered Nurse Clinical Supervisor
Together Healthcare is expanding its Clinical team! We are looking for compassionate nurses who share our passion for providing care to our patients. Together is a provider of in-home services to vulnerable patients at risk of needing institutional care. We work to ensure that our patients can maintain their independence in a safe and clinically supported environment.
Important Responsibilities for the
Clinical Supervisor Role:
· Perform comprehensive client assessments to ensure continuity of patient-focused care
· Create and implement clinical care plans and service assignments
· Ensure timely and accurate communication and documentation, both in the office and in the field
· Provide clinical oversight of the field staff’s adherence to plans of care (both Home Health Aides and Nurses)
· Maintain confidentiality of all agency and patient related information
· Ensure effective communication to patients, family members and physicians
· Participate in staff meetings, required in-services, and agency PI activities
· Use effective time management skills to complete tasks in a timely manner
· Degree in Nursing
· Current Indiana State licensure as a Registered Nurse
· Minimum 2 years of nursing experience
· Minimum 1 year of supervisory or administrative experience
· Must have reliable transportation
· Weekly Pay
· 15 Days PTO
· Company paid health insurance
· A fun office environment
Salary: $60,000.00 per year guaranteed with additional bonus opportunities as well as car reimbursement and cell phone reimbursement
Registered Nurse Case Manager
FAMILY FIRST PALLIATIVE HOME CARE
Hiring full time Registered Nurse Case Manager. Home Health experience strongly preferred. Apply in peron: 107 S.W. Main St., Ennis, TX.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!