Nurse Case Manager Job Description Sample
RN Case Manager - Registered Nurse Case Manager
The case manager acts as an advocate to coordinate the continuum of care for our patients. This role requires a high level of interaction with our patients to:
- Perform effective telephonic and face to face, in-home outreach to complete necessary health and social assessments
- Engage them in the development of an integrated, patient-centered care plan that takes into account needs across the continuum of care (health, social, psycho-social)
- Support the patient in achieving their own goals as stated in their care plan as well as monitor adherence to treatment plans or other disease/chronic condition management programs
- The care manager works with a multi-disciplinary care team to develop interventions and changes to the care plan in response to patient’s needs and promotes positive health outcomes.
- Perform comprehensive, team-based, and person-centered patient engagement
- Conduct patient onboarding, including performing health risk assessments in accordance with (health plan) model of care requirements
- Creates and develops patient care plans that address all problems, goals, and interventions identified using appropriate mediums (e.g. historical claims data, outreach logs, completed assessments, etc.) in Concerto’s care coordination record system
- Identify high-risk patients (based on risk stratification criteria) who require a high frequency of care coordination and contact
- Identifies caregiver training needs and tracks impact of needs and or training
- Completes transition of care process in accordance with health plan guidelines; includes outreach during hospitalization, and conducting assessments upon discharge to ensure successful transition to another setting
- Identify the appropriate utilization of resources across the continuum of care
- Participate in quality improvement and evaluation processes
- Work closely with the Pharmacy Benefit Manager and community pharmacies to help coordinate medication accessibility and medication refills
- Perform and document reassessments, revisions to care plans, and coordinate interdisciplinary care team meetings in accordance with the (health plan) model of care requirements
- Conduct face to face, in-home visits with members in accordance with health plan model of care requirements
- Coordinate activities with Treating Providers, Utilization Management Team, Social Services Team and Disease Management Team as needed
- Complete all mandatory regulatory and other pieces of training required (including but not limited to: compliance training, first tier downstream and related (FWA) entity training, model of care training, etc.)
- Knowledge of Healthcare Effectiveness Data Information Set (HEDIS) and engagement with members on care gap closure
- Regular and consistent attendance
- Other duties as assigned
- Current RN License in good standing in the state of practice required
- Preferred Certified Care Manager (CCM) certification or commitment to completion within 1 year of hire
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a clinical setting
- Demonstrates the ability to triage and apply critical thinking skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally
- Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid care management requirements in accordance with CMS and MDHHS guidelines (or similar program for dual eligible beneficiaries)
- Health Plan, Patient-Centered Medical Home or CPC+ experience is preferred
- Proficient in computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word) knowledge, ability to navigate internet-based tools, and proficient in computer typing (do we want to suggest a WPM requirement)
- Demonstrate ability to perform multiple concurrent tasks with minimal supervision and meet compliance deadlines
- Ability to work in fast-past environment
- Experience working in field-based role
- Reliable transportation is required
- Person-centered care plan preparation experience is required
RN Case Manager - Registered Nurse Case Manager
Registered Nurse Clinical Supervisor
Together Healthcare is expanding its Clinical team! We are looking for compassionate nurses who share our passion for providing next level care to our patients. Together is a provider of in-home services to vulnerable patients at risk of needing institutional care. We work to ensure that our patients can maintain their independence in a safe and clinically supported environment.
Important Responsibilities for the
Clinical Supervisor Role:
· Perform comprehensive client assessments to ensure continuity of patient-focused care
· Create and implement clinical care plans and service assignments
· Ensure timely and accurate communication and documentation, both in the office and in the field
· Provide clinical oversight of the field staff’s adherence to plans of care (both Home Health Aides and Nurses)
· Maintain confidentiality of all agency and patient related information
· Ensure effective communication to patients, family members and physicians
· Participate in staff meetings, required in-services, and agency PI activities
· Use effective time management skills to complete tasks in a timely manner
· Degree in Nursing
· Current Indiana State licensure as a Registered Nurse
· Minimum 2 years of nursing experience
· Minimum 1 year of supervisory or administrative experience
· Must have reliable transportation
· Weekly Pay
· 15 Days PTO
· Company paid health insurance
· A fun office environment
Salary: $60,000.00 per year guaranteed with additional bonus opportunities as well as car reimbursement and cell phone reimbursement
Case Manager - Nurse Case Manager
We are seeking an RN-Case Manager for Home Health to join our team! You will be responsible for the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of assigned patients.
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, or disabled patients
- Diagnose and establish patient treatment plans
- Monitor and report changes in patient symptoms or behavior
- Communicate with collaborating physicians or specialists regarding patient care
- Educate patients about health maintenance and disease prevention
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities
- Maintain accurate patient medical records
- Provide advice and emotional support to patients and their family members
- Previous experience in nursing or other medical fields
- Familiarity with medical software and equipment
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Case Manager RN - Case Manager Registered Nurse - Travel Nurse
MedPro is hiring RNs for immediate and future 13-week travel contracts in your area and across the US. Specialties include ER, ICU, TELE, OR, MED SURG, LABOR and DELIVERY and more!
MedPro is a company run by nurses, for nurses. As part of the MedPro team, you will enjoy competitive pay and a comprehensive set of benefits including health, life and disability insurance; matching 401(k); company-paid accommodations; travel reimbursement and more. In addition, all MedPro nurses will automatically become a part of the MedPro Experience personalized employee experience program that embraces and celebrates travel professionals!
Registered Nurse Case Manager
Provide independent integrated case management to New Hampshire seniors and adults with chronic illnesses and/or disabilities in accordance with agency policy, applicable state regulations and accepted professional standards of practice. Work is performed with minimal supervision and a high degree of self initiative and independence in keeping with the standards of excellence set forth by the program. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Current RN license issued by the State of NH Board of Nursing. Working knowledge of behavioral health, substance abuse and human service resources. Experience working as a team member with the demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment, effective communication, and organizational skills.
Certified Nurse Case Manager - Bilingual
Are you looking for an exciting position with a new innovative medical center? AbsoluteCARE of Baltimore could be your answer; it is a Chronic Care Patient-Centered Medical Center in Greenbelt, Maryland. We are searching for a dynamic Certified Nurse(RN) Case Manager with experience with the Baltimore City population to help coordinate care and manage a population of patients in a team-based model—a Chronic Care Patient-Centered Medical Home. The Certified NurseCase Manager must be comfortable with and have experience managing a complex patient base and be familiar with Greenbelt, MD both with its population as well as its geography. The CertifiedNurse Case Manager will be a key member in the full multi-disciplinary team working in collaboration with a multitude of other medical personnel, in order to help patients become healthier and lower their unnecessary medical utilization. They will be responsible for following patients through the whole care continuum including helping navigate different transitions of care. The CertifiedNurse Case Manager works with patients, the member's family, and providers (both within AbsoluteCARE, as well as coordinating care with providers outside AbsoluteCARE) to help reduce preventable ER visits and hospitalizations. The Certified Nurse Case Manager is responsible for developing a plan of care for the member, in conjunction with the providers and the whole multi-disciplinary team. This includes working with the patients very closely to address different clinical gaps in care and alleviating non-clinical social barriers to care.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides face-to-face and telephonic Case Management services to assigned members;
- Develops and implements an individualized plan of care for each member;
- Communicates and participates with the entire AbsoluteCARE multi-disciplinary team;
- Coordinates with the member, family, and caregivers to help resolve barriers to care;
- Evaluates member/family strengths, health behaviors, and resources;
- Intervenes with at-risk members to avoid unnecessary hospitalizations;
- Successfully collaborates with member and family to assure comprehension of available resources;
- Considers member/family physical, educational, and financial resources;
- Other duties as required, including but not limited to cross-coverage of other office functions.
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Preferred Bilingual
- Currently licensed as an RN in the State of Maryland.
- Three (3) years related experience in Case Management
- Extensive knowledge of population, geography, and resources
- The requirement for excellent interpersonal and communications skills cannot be over emphasized.
- Experience working with psychosocially and medically complex patients
- Must be able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team with constant collaboration within and across provider teams.
- Must be a creative and innovative self-starter to help solve patient's problems
- Meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Effectively adapt and respond to a complex, fast-paced, and results-oriented environment
- Knowledge and experience using Electronic Medical Records and ability to analyze and leverage their reporting capabilities is a significant advantage.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Handle confidential health care information following all HIPAA guidelines
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Free Life Insurance (up to 50 K)
- Free Short Term Disability
- Free Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off Plan
- 401k Plan with discretionary match
- Growing company with opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Free garage parking 24/7/365
- Friendly staff in a very pleasant work environment
- Latest technology
We aim for the highest quality and most cost effective medical and wellness care in a private setting that offers comprehensive medical, laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, nutrition, educational and support services. AbsoluteCARE provides Compassionate, Confidential, Comprehensive and Culturally-Effective Care for Patients and their Families.
Hospice Registered Nurse Case Manager (Rn) - Full Time
The Hospice Visiting RN will be responsible for providing care and services for a group of hospice patients, visiting patients where they reside, which could include private homes, assisted living inpatient facilities and hospitals. This position is a contributing member of the interdisciplinary team, providing expertise regarding psych-social assessments, interventions, and knowledge of community sources.
One-on-One Care: The hospice care setting allows you quality time with your patient.
Supportive Team Environment: Our wonderful, responsive internal team truly allows you to function remotely and independently or collaboratively in the inpatient facility.
*Competitive Salary, Benefits Package, Company Care Program*
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the agency state of operation
- Current CPR certification
- 1 year of previous Home Health or Hospice LPN/RN nursing preferred, Admissions experience a plus
- Valid NY driver's license for the agency state of operation or surrounding area with appropriate auto insurance
- Case Management
You have your own unique story and reasons for choosing a career helping others. Your goals and the things you love about what you do are personal and important. We take the time to understand a candidate’s journey and what is meaningful to them.
Why do all job opportunities sound the same?
How can you distinguish which organizations and environments are right for you?
We are guided by the principle that people fulfilling their potential in meaningful ways have better lives and better careers; this only happens when meaning is shared between you and the organization you help steward. If you are an engaged and passionate candidate who is motivated to join healthcare organizations that you share meaning with, our Essence Miners would love to connect.
The Pathways Team
Registered Nurse Case Manager
Registered Nurse Case Manager: Florida Hospital Carrollwood
With many opportunities for career advancement and growth, this facility is conveniently located in beautiful north Tampa, just a short drive from Tampa International Airport on Dale Mabry Highway. We are proud to offer our neighbors advanced, compassionate care in a cutting-edge, state-of-the-art environment.
Our campus features our main hospital, an educational auditorium, a 20,000-sqaure-foot medical office building and another brand-new 54,000-square-foot medical office facility. It is also just a short driving distance to the West Coast beaches and 1 ½ hours away from the Orlando theme parks.
On the weekends, you can enjoy exploring other nearby cities, including Clearwater, St. Petersburg and Orlando. These areas offer countless attractions; including theme parks, museums, concerts, beaches, sporting events, gardens and more.
You will be responsible for:
Patient satisfaction scores meet organizational goals, HCAHPS Discharge Planning question percentile target score.
Consistently utilize 5 fundamentals of AIDET Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation, Thank you.
Respects patient privacy, confidentiality, and dignity by adherence to all HIPAA regulations.
Maintains a professional appearance and manner.
Consider factors related to patient safety, effectiveness, cost and impact on practice in the delivery of Case Management services. Strives to reduce Medicare and ALOS below established benchmarks.
Assess appropriateness of setting as indicated for medical necessity according to the approved InterQual ISD criteria. Initial and concurrent clinical reviews contain needed elements to sufficiently support.
Utilizes InterQual®ISD & or Milliman criteria to ensure appropriate level of care settings.
Passes Annual Inter-Rater reliability testing for InterQual®.
Inpatient, Observation or Outpatient in a bed admission status.
Introduce self to patient/family within 24 to 48 hours of identification of high risk criteria or referral for specified populations and explain CM role. Complete discharge planning screening tool within 24 to 48 hours for patients with high risk criteria, and cases received by referral. Provide Parent/Patient/ Guardian/ Significant Other with discharge planning education/instruction based on assessed education level, barriers to learning and learning preferences to assure a positive discharge outcome.
Strives to reduce the Medicare & ALOS to below established benchmarks.
Strives to reduce the number of observation cases and the number of hours patients remain in observation status.
Ensures appropriate referral of cases to EHR for second level review.
Enhances professional knowledge & development through participation in educational programs and in-service meetings. Stays current with journal articles etc.
Completes annual mandatory education, attend and contributes to 95% of staff meetings.
Application of InterQual® Criteria set.
Assessment competency and knowledge application for all ages from newborn to geriatric.
Assessment competency for appropriate use of hospital services and care coordination.
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, Specific Degree/Major: Nursing.
One year experience in Case Management in an acute care environment.
Greater than three years experience (preferred)
Current license of registered nurse in Florida or licensure from another state with verification of application of eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Hospice Nurse Case Manager - Registered Nurse
Bridge Hospice Bay Area is a leading post-acute healthcare provider in California. Our mission is simple, "Committed to excellence in serving our community". We are committed to providing the highest quality home-based patient care in an atmosphere of respect for human dignity. Our highly trained clinicians and therapists strive to exceed the expectations of our patients, families, caregivers and physicians. Our goal is to become the premier provider of post-acute services. We are currently looking for healthcare professionals who share our Mission, Vision and Values and want to become part of our growing family.
Bridge Hospice Bay Area is growing and we want you to join our growing organization! We are currently looking for a Full Time RN Hospice Case Manager to join our growing family. We are currently offering a $3,000 sign on bonus for qualified applicants. The ideal candidate will have prior Hospice experience and a passion to provide end of life care. The RN completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness. Develops a care plan, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions.
* Registered nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state.
* Graduate of National League for Nursing accredited school of nursing.
* Maintains a current CPR certification.
* Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.
* Minimum of two years experience, at least one of which is in the area of public health or home care nursing is preferred.
* Self directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
* Demonstrates excellent observation, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
* Shows ability to organize and prioritize workload independently.
* Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising home health aides.
* Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift, position, or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
Lead Case Manager - Nurse Case Manager
Department: MD140_64550 Care Management
Expected Weekly Hours: 40
Shift: Weekend Shift
Position Purpose: This position is for a full time Lead Case Manager working weekends - Four 10 hr. days: Friday, Sat, Sun and Mon
Job Description Details:
Serves as the senior clinician for case managers in the case management department. With the managers, develops and implements standards which enhance the quality of case management interventions, consistent with the professional model and with the mission and policies of Holy Cross Hospital. Provides process oversight and education toward new staff orientation, staff competency development, and the continuous documentation improvement program (CDIP). Supports the Mission of Trinity Health and Holy Cross Hospital. Minimum Licensure/Certification Required (if applicable): RN, Licensed by State of Maryland.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required: RN with BSN; Masters Degree or Certification in Case Management preferred. Extensive case management experience may be considered in lieu of advanced education.
At least two years case management experience required, to include Quality Improvement and Clinical Documentation enhancement experience in the acute hospital setting. Previous management/supervisory experience preferred. Knowledge of overall hospital operations, especially in areas of reimbursement and regulatory matters.
Highly articulate with strong written and verbal communication skills.
Demonstrated ability to act in an assertive, diplomatic and innovative manner. Demonstrated public presentation skills.
Demonstrated ability to maintain cooperative relationships with medical staff, nursing and other professional staff. Demonstrated leadership ability. Computer literacy and analytic skills required. Demonstrated ability to work with all age groups of patients.
Physical Requirements : Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
Visual Acuity : The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
Environmental Conditions : None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work.)
Reporting Relationship: Reports directly to and is evaluated by the Director of Case Management. Serves as a senior clinician and resource person to case managers regarding utilization review, care coordination, CDIP and discharge planning activities.
Facilitates competency development. Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) status.Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity. Trinity Health offers rewarding careers in a community environment with all the advantages of working at one of the nation's largest health systems. We provide high-quality, people-centered care in 22 states through our network of hospitals, facilities, community-based services, and continuing care locations - including home care, hospice, Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE), and senior living facilities.
If you are looking for a rewarding clinical or administrative position, you'll find exceptional career possibilities, opportunities for advancement and a job with meaning at Trinity Health. Trinity Health employs more than 131,000 colleagues across 22 states. We honor and embrace a diverse representation of people, ideas and backgrounds.
Our dedication to diversity is evident in our commitment to training, education, recruitment, retention and development, as well as community partnerships and supplier diversity. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences and health practices of the communities we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive outcomes. We recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world, and that our differences not only serve to unite us, but also lead to innovative solutions.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!