Nurse Manager Job Description Sample
Registered Nurse Manager / Registered Nurse RN
We are seeking a Registered Nurse Manager / Registered Nurse RN to join our team! You will be responsible for the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of assigned patients.
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, or disabled patients
- Diagnose and establish patient treatment plans
- Monitor and report changes in patient symptoms or behavior
- Communicate with collaborating physicians or specialists regarding patient care
- Educate patients about health maintenance and disease prevention
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities
- Maintain accurate patient medical records
- Provide advice and emotional support to patients and their family members
- Previous experience in nursing or other medical fields
- Familiarity with medical software and equipment
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
We offer the following benefits:
Paid Sick Leave
Paid Major Holidays
Medical and Dental Insurance
Please call or email us or visit us for a quick job placement!
708 3rd Avenue 5th floor
New York NY 10017
T: 212-951-0430 Ext 1
Registered Nurse (Rn) - Nurse Manager - Resident Care
Centra Healthcare Solutions is seeking an experienced Registered Nurse (RN) that is licensed or in the immediate process, and qualifies, of obtaining RN licensure in this respective state to work as a Nurse Manager in the specialty area of Resident Care.The Nurse Manager assumes responsibility and accountability for incorporating the vision, values, mission and critical goals of the organization into their job performance. Provides clinical management and operational direction for areas of responsibility.
Provides leadership and coordination within their areas of responsibility. Serves as tactical point person as it relates to patient care, staff development, physician relationships, quality initiatives, program development, and system-wide success. Assures evidence-based patient care by creating an environment that encourages the use of research in practice.Minimum Requirements include:2 years of recent experience as a Nurse Manager in Resident Care.Current Registered Nurse License within the state of practice.Current BLSCurrent ACLS/PALS (if applicable, per facility requirement)About Centra:Centra Healthcare Solutions is a nationwide employment firm focusing on talented Nursing professionals.
We have many dynamic positions with cutting edge programs throughout the entire United States and various settings to meet each healthcare professional's criteria.Benefits of a Full Time Permanent Position within Centra's Network:We have an expanded list of preferred clientele that have requested confidential searches that you may not be able to find on the general job boards advertisement.You will have a designated representative that will get to know your ideal career and work exclusively with you.We will assist with the entire negotiation process, including but not limited to sign on and / or retention bonus opportunities and ensure a highly competitive compensation package.Benefits of a Local Contract or Travel Assignment through Centra:Highly competitive pay rates.401(k) plan.Direct deposit and weekly pay.CEU Reimbursement.A chance to explore new places and new opportunities throughout the United States.The opportunity to make sure that the career you choose is a good fit before committing to a permanent scenario.100% coverage of the premiums of a comprehensive health insurance plan.Licensure reimbursement.Housing accommodations or a very competitive tax advantage plan (if you qualify).Flexibility of work schedule, including guaranteed hours (if applicable).Assignment completion bonuses (if applicable).Mileage reimbursement (if applicable).Please apply online for this fantastic opportunity or feel free to contact us at 1-800-###-####. We look forward to assisting you in finding an optimal career.
Associated topics: ccu, coronary, intensive, intensive care, nurse, nurse clinical, psychatric, psychiatric, registed, tcu
Nurse Manager | Registered Nurse | Patient Support & Telehealth
One of the largest healthcare systems in California is searching for an experienced Registered Nurse to Manage their Patient Support Center and Telehealth Nursing program.
This company is connected to virtually every major hospital and health plan in the Los Angeles & South Bay area, and they have thousands of highly skilled Nurses and Physicians that specialize in managed care for every patient type.
On top of offering unlimited growth opportunity, this company really takes care of it's employees by giving them weeks of PTO/Holidays, 401k, Medical/Dental/Vision coverage and much more.
- Ensures appropriate staffing levels by scheduling on a daily and monthly basis within budgetary guidelines.
- Ensures compliance in licensing, certification and competencies.
- Evaluates nursing competencies and nursing decisions according to current nursing practice.
- Mentors and trains teammates in collaboration with the Site Administrator, lead clinician and people services department
- Functions as a resource and serves as a liaison between administration, clinicians, teammates, other departments, patients and vendors.
- Identifies and participates in quality improvement projects for the site.
- Conducts monthly teammate meetings to evaluate departmental needs and to communicate operational updates.
- Maintains clinical standards outlined in the clinical operations policies and procedures manual. Identifies deficiencies and recommends changes.
- Participates in educational programs to enhance nursing and management knowledge.
- Anticipates the needs of the Primary Care Physician (PCP) and carries out orders.
- Checks Electronic Health Records (EHR) for patients' arrival status and escorts patients from waiting area to exam rooms.
- Assists clinician and teammates in responding to patient emergency situations as per Emergency Response Protocols
- Participates in visit closure with patient and clinician by explaining next steps for lab, X-ray, referrals, Durable Medical Equipment (DME), etc.
- Facilitates the transfer of pertinent patient information between site and referred Specialists, Hospitals, Urgent Care Centers, Ancillary Testing Facilities, etc.
- Forwards all pre-op information to hospital surgeon.
- Registers new patients and refers them to the Eligibility department as needed
- Provides direct patient care as needed.
- BSN Preferred
- Current California RN license
- 3+ Years of Nurse Management experience
- Current Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation Certification Preferred
- Current Basic Life Support, ACLS and/or PALS certification preferred
Compensation is dependent upon experience and education
As healthcare recruiters we recognize that there is a shortage of good people in the healthcare industry. Today it is essential to utilize the efforts of a professional healthcare recruiter that can offer a creative sourcing procedure while being cost effective.
Our team of healthcare recruiters has access to, and strong relationships with, a broad spectrum of healthcare talent both in clinical and healthcare operations. We meticulously search and maintain contact with the very best people in the healthcare industry. We have a large referral network, a successful website and a proven track record of finding and placing the best available candidates.
More importantly, the best candidates know how to find us! Candidates refer us to their friends and colleagues and as such, our candidate pool is a dynamic database that changes every single day.
RN Manager Of Oncology, Oncology / Med Surg Nurse Manager
We are seeking an Oncology Med / Surg Nurse Manager to join our team! Come work for a fantastic Health Care system located just 20 miles West of Dallas, TX!
-Position: Manager of Oncology
To direct and coordinate the departmental function and plan for the delivery of patient care while containing costs. To maintain working conditions which enhance the competence, autonomy and accountability of the employees on the unit. To ensure adherence to hospital and departmental business/strategic plan and to nursing procedures, standards and practices. As a member of the team, the employee makes a significant contribution to the public's perception of the hospital through patient care/treatment with consideration of the age/condition of the patient. Patient population served include early adult to geriatric adult. The employee performs additional tasks/activities as assigned. In addition to overseeing the operations of Oncology, this position is responsible for overseeing the dialysis and Wound care program.
Requires basic understanding and ability to utilize the nursing process; requires knowledge, ability and judgment necessary to:
Exercise judgment within the guidelines of the medical plan of care, department policy and licensure practice act.
Oversees the supervision of personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
Create or assists with the development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization and nursing standards.
Promotes effective communication within the multi-professional team.
Requires understanding of management and delegation principles.
Performs additional assignments/activities as assigned.
Current Texas State RN license or compact license is accepted.
Current CPR - healthcare provider, issued by American Heart Association.
Recent experience at the level of staff nurse, preferably within the last two years.
Additional significant experience in area of specialty is preferred.
Three years of management experience preferred. .
Case Manager RN - Case Manager Registered Nurse - Travel Nurse
MedPro is hiring RNs for immediate and future 13-week travel contracts in your area and across the US. Specialties include ER, ICU, TELE, OR, MED SURG, LABOR and DELIVERY and more!
MedPro is a company run by nurses, for nurses. As part of the MedPro team, you will enjoy competitive pay and a comprehensive set of benefits including health, life and disability insurance; matching 401(k); company-paid accommodations; travel reimbursement and more. In addition, all MedPro nurses will automatically become a part of the MedPro Experience personalized employee experience program that embraces and celebrates travel professionals!
Nurse Coordinator/Assistant Nurse Manager
At least two years of acute care RN experience in Critical Care, specifically in Cardiothoracic ICU or Cardiac Cath / EP Lab
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
Current New York State RN license (or willingness to obtain)
Director Of Nursing - RN - Registered Nurse - Nurse Manager
We are seeking a DON/Administrator for a long-term rehab and skilled nursing facility in Shakopee, MN. The company offers comprehensive benefits and career advancement opportunities. Candidates must have an active RN license in MN, experience in long term care and preferably supervisory/management experience.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please reply with a current resume and contact information, and feel free to contact me directly by phone for a quick interview. I look forward to speaking with you soon. Thank you.
Chris Smith, Senior Recruiter
Kaiser Permanente- Nurse Manager Registered Nurse RN
KAISER PERMANENTE- NURSE MANAGER Registered Nurse RN
Nursing Department Manager-Fast Response
- BSN or BA in health care related field.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Current California RN license required.
- BLS required. 2 years experience in both patient care and management/leadership roles.
- Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission, and other local, state, federal regulations. 4 years supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication skills.
- 8 Hour Days and Nights available
- 12 Hour Days and Nights available
Care for members and patients is focused on their total health and guided by their personal physicians, specialists and team of caregivers. Our world-class medical teams are supported by industry-leading technology advances and tools for health promotion, disease prevention, care delivery and chronic disease management.
Nurse Manager – Registered Nurse
Volunteers of America is looking for a Registered Nurse Manager to join its team. As a Registered Nurse Manager your job is vital to increasing the quality of cares given to residents in order to enhance the functionality of the clinical team.
OBJECTIVE: The primary purpose of the Nurse Manager is to supervise the day-to-day activities of the assigned nursing station(s). The Nurse Manger is responsible for the coordination, planning implementing, and evaluating the nursing services provided to each resident on a 24-hour basis.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Current licensure in the state of employment as a Registered Nurse.
2. Registered Nurse with previous long-term care experience.
3. Good problem solver with abilities to make independent judgments utilizing initiative, discretion and the nursing process as needed.
4. Demonstrates leadership ability.
5. Effective communicator with staff, families and outside agencies.
6. Ability to prioritize duties.
7. Customer service oriented with knowledge of successful customer service techniques.
8. Ability to complete assigned duties within a constantly changing environment.
9. Must possess effective management and supervisory skills.
10. Clinical competence to utilize the nursing process to perform physical and cognitive assessments of residents.
11. Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Nursing Care Functions
a. Directs and oversees the nursing staff to ensure the nursing procedures are followed and reflect the current policies and procedures of the facility.
b. Monitor medication passes and treatment schedules to assure that medications and treatments are being administered as ordered.
c. Perform direct care related activities as the need arises.
d. Participates in the development of policies and procedures pertaining to resident care.
e. Perform daily rounds of the nursing unit to ensure that all nursing service personnel are performing their work assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards.
f. Assist in developing methods for coordinating nursing services with other resident services to ensure that continuity of the residents total regimen of care.
g. Participate in the development, maintenance and implementation of the facilities CQI/QA program.
h. Complete and investigate accident/incident reports and assist with abuse/neglect reporting to specific agencies as needed.
i. Acts as a liaison between physician, resident, family and resident care team to ensure physician orders are accurately carried out and documented using the information from the residents plan of care.
j. Completes and updates the HCFA 802 weekly in preparation for the weekly interdisciplinary meetings.
k. Initiate and resolve follow-up and problem charting as needed.
l. Participates in weekly resident and family care conferences.
2. Care Plan and Assessment Function:
a. Review new admission and transfers for appropriate assessment and documentation.
b. Assure completion of all necessary assessments required for the RAI process.
c. Participation in the development and ongoing review of the written plan of care for each resident for appropriate resident goals, problems, approaches and revisions based on nursing needs.
d. Assist in the monitoring and assessment of seriously ill residents as needed.
e. Determine and authorize with the interdisciplinary team the appropriate use of chemical and physical restraints/devices when necessary in accordance with facility policy.
f. Review nurses notes, NA care sheets to ensure compliance with the resident plan of care.
g. Complete and/or participate in the MDS/RAI process as determined by facility policy. Review for accuracy and timeliness per Federal Requirements.
h. Direct communication with the MDS/PPS Coordinator and/or Medicare Nurse.
3. Committee Functions
Serve on, participate in and attend various committees and meetings of the facility to which you are assigned.
4. Personnel Functions
a. Assists with the coordination of staffing patterns and productive nursing hours as delegated by the Director of Nursing.
b. Responsible for holding staff accountable for correctly following policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook and nursing job descriptions.
c. Completes employee evaluations in a timely manner as directed.
d. Assists with disciplinary actions as assigned by the Director of Nursing.
e. Coordinates and conducts routine nursing staff meetings on assigned unit.
f. On-call as delegated by the Director of Nursing Services.
g. Attends required in-services and completes assigned on-line modules.
5. Staff Development
Assist the education director in identifying ongoing educational and training needs.
6. Environment, Safety and Sanitation
a. Follow up on all accident and incident reports and give to Director of Nursing within facility time protocol.
b. Observes staff for proper safety techniques and infection control policies and procedures.
c. Ensure the environment on the nursing unit is clean, safe, clutter-free and homelike.
d. Supervision of meal service to ensure quality of life with regards to the dining experience.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Through our hundreds of human service programs, including housing and healthcare, Volunteers of America touches the lives of more than 1.4 million people in over 400 communities in 46 states as well as the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico each year. Since 1896, we have supported and empowered America's most vulnerable groups, including veterans, at-risk youth, the frail elderly, men and women returning from prison, homeless individuals and families, people with disabilities, and those recovering from addictions. Our work touches the mind, body, heart — and ultimately the spirit — of those we serve, integrating our deep compassion with highly effective programs and services.
- See more at: https://www.voa.org/about-us#sthash.7mwK9Jco.dpuf
Nurse Manager - Registered Nurse
Daily Responsibilities of Chief Nursing Officer:
- As a Chief Nursing Officer, CNO, you will ensure the administration of quality of patient care.
- You will also, oversee, guide and mentor the entire nursing, rehab and respiratory staff to ensure the plan of care for the patient population.
- Leading the interdisciplinary team which consists of Nursing, Respiratory Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Speech and Language Pathologist and the Dietician
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- RN License in OH
- 5+ years' recent clinical care nursing experience (ICU/CCU/ER/LTAC)
- 2+ years' management/training/coaching experience
M-F 8am - 5pm
Advantages of this Opportunity:
- Competitive salary, negotiable based on relevant experience
- Benefits offered, Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Fun and positive work environment
If you are interested in applying to this position, please click Apply Now for immediate consideration.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!