Nurse Office Job Description Sample
Education: 1. Associate's Degree in the field(s) of nursing Required 2.
Individuals hired after August 1, 2013 must obtain a BSN within 2.5 years of hire Credentials: 1. CPR 2. Registered Nurse in the state of IL 3.
Additional Information: ACLS is required at time of hire, or within the first 6 months. Must run MVR annually. 4.
Valid Driver’s License in the state of IL 5. Other: Proof of insurance. Experience: 1. 1-3 years of experience in/with strong clinical skills appropriate to the age and needs of patient population.
Prior experience in an ambulatory or medical office setting is preferred. Cardiology background is preferred. Coordinates patient care activities and the flow of patient information by effective communication with other office staff, physicians, patients, families and a variety of health care agencies and appropriate documentation to ensure continuity of care. 1.
Demonstrates critical thinking in prioritizing patient care. 2.
Possesses ability to communicate effectively with providers, staff and patients to assist in identifying and solving problems. 3.
Assists with orientation of new staff, nursing and medical students and residents. 4.
Conducts appropriate and timely documentation of patients concerns, problems and/or symptoms in medical record. 5. Reviews medical records through office audit for complete and thorough documentation by provider reflecting patient's encounter. 6. Assists or performs prescribed treatments/procedures ordered by the provider to help with patient's plan of care.
Ensures maintenance of therapeutic and teaching environment that promotes effective and cost efficient patient care and provides for the safety of patients, staff and visitors. Coordinates and participates as an effective member of the health care team to ensure high quality care and patient satisfaction by providing a professional and congenial work environment for patients, office staff and physicians. 1. Collaborates and integrates individual efforts with those of the other health care team members. 2.
Promotes a professional and congenial work environment. 3. Promote the comfort and support of the patient through a friendly, caring manner. 4. Maintains and order medical supplies and medications. 5.
Triage telephone calls and handle effectively, efficiently and in a timely manner. 6. Maintain a clean and safe therapeutic environment, applying principles and policies related to infection control and safety. 7. Participates in educational opportunities and meetings to enhance job skills and increase knowledge. 8.
Assumes a leadership role by acting as a clinical resource person within the office setting. 9. Coordinates, organizes and assesses the needs of patients and staff. 10. Participates in Cardiac projects. 11.
Provides support functions to clerical staff. 12.
Provides support functions to laboratory staff. Implements nursing procedures and uses nursing knowledge and skills to provide high quality comprehensive patient care in an ambulatory setting 1.
Remain knowledgeable of established office and MMCI policies and procedures 2. Works independently within established guidelines 3. Collects data, observes, assesses, evaluates, records symptoms and progress of patients 4.
Obtain, label and perform appropriate laboratory tests as necessary. 5. Performs resting EKG's and rhythm strips Provides patient education through application of teaching-learning principles appropriate to the age and needs of the patient population served by the office. To help problems and to promote a healthy lifestyle. 1.
Demonstrate the knowledge and skills of age appropriate care 2. Assesses information and data indicative of the patient's learning capabilities 3. Interprets information relative to the age-specific needs of the patients 4.
Promotes effective communication by providing effective learning techniques to patient and family members. 1. To provide high quality professional nursing care as a member of the health care team, which serves the Cardiology patient population.
Provide an environment to enhance the continuity of patient care.
Requisition ID: 2017-35918 Street: 112 NE Crescent Ave Name: 5020 UnityPoint Health Methodist Medical Center Name: Cardiology - Main- UPC FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.0 FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Scheduled Hours/Shift: 40/First External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org
Office Nurse LPN Or CMA Ortho/Sports Office
We are looking for highly motivated LPN’s and CMA's to join our ever growing team here at Bingham. You must be willing and able to learn new skills and adapt to change often, as the medical field is ever changing.
You must have good communication skills and be detail oriented. We have multiple providers of all specialties and are located in several of our surrounding areas. If you are looking for a rewarding and fulfilling career and enjoy fast paced environments this will be a good fit for you.
Full Time position available in our Orthopedic/Sports Medicine Office. Greets patients and escorts them to the patient room. Obtains necessary medical information and checks patient's records for omissions and accuracy.
Assists provider in medical procedures. Makes referral appointments and prescriptions calls at provider's direction. Arranges for diagnostic testing and follow up appointments.
Maintains medication and lab records. Maintains clinic inventory. 2+ years related clinical experience in a physician's office preferred. Must have an LPN license.
Current CPR certification. ID: 2018-2111 External Company Name: Bingham Memorial External Company URL: www.binghammemorial.org
Office Nurse (Dermatology)
Northwestern Michigan Dermatology is looking for an office nurse MA, LPN, or RN (dermatology experience, Moh's experience, or surgical experience a plus). Candidate must be a team player, flexible, and focused on providing exceptional patient care. EMR experience is preferred. Position could be full-time or part-time. Full-time offers a 4 day work week, health insurance, and exceptional retirement benefits. Please send cover letter and resume to for immediate consideration.
This job is located in Traverse City, MI
Monday thru Thursday, no weekends, no nights, no holidays!
Full time, benefits including an excellent retirement program!
Great staff and excellent working environment!
We know that convenience and accessibility are important to your selection of a dermatologist. That's why we've developed a web site with valuable information about our practice. Our web site provides you with a background about our physicians, office hours, policies, map, directions to our office in Traverse City, and other useful information. Please browse the web site at your convenience. We want you to feel confident that when you choose Northwestern Michigan Dermatology, PC, you're working with caring professionals who are committed to making the practice convenient and accessible.
We also invite you to call us for any questions you have or request an appointment. Thank you.
Nurse Practitioner For Plastic Surgery Office
Our plastic surgery office in Oak Park is seeking a full time nurse practitioner to provide non-surgical cosmetic services including injectables (Botox, fillers, etc.), Cool Sculpting, chemical peels, and laser treatments. We are looking for a long-term team member who will embrace our practice ethics and deliver outstanding results as well as an exceptional experience for our patients.
Our new team member will have the hands-on support of the surgeon but will also enjoy the autonomy to develop their own relationships with current and new patients.
- Must have 2+ years experience as a nurse injector
- Earn a highly competitive salary plus generous bonus structure based on productivity
- Benefits including a health insurance stipend, retirement plan, and treatment perks
- Our ideal candidate would have a passion for aesthetics, a strong work ethic, exceptional organizational and communication skills, and the ability to inspire confidence and trust in people we treat.
Outpatient Clinical Nurse Office Practice Open House Thursday, 2/15/2018 At 5 Pm Rockville Centre, Long Island
Outpatient Clinical Nurse Office Practice Open House Thursday, 2/15/2018 at 5 pm Rockville Centre, Long Island
Job Posting Number: 18471 Nursing – Ambulatory Rockville Centre,NY January 3, 2018
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Job Details: Are you interested in learning about Oncology Nursing at MSK and how you can become part of our dynamic Outpatient Clinical Care team? Please join us at our Information Session to explore Outpatient Clinical Nurse Office Practice positions. Date: Thursday, 2/15/2018 5 pm -7 pm in Rockville Centre Long Island The Outpatient Center is located at 1000 North Village Avenue, Rockville Centre, New York 11570 Rockville Centre Outpatient site You will have an opportunity to learn about how the nurses at MSK provide expert Oncology care to this special patient population. You will also learn about the resources and extensive training offered to nurses transitioning into outpatient roles. Positions are available in New York City, Westchester, Long Island and New Jersey Outpatient settings. The Outpatient Office Practice Nurse at MSK, provides patient and family centered care. You will work directly with patients throughout their entire cancer care continuum. As a core member of the team, you will collaborate with physicians and other members of the interdisciplinary team. Each day, you will clinically monitor patients, assess and report patients’ symptoms, provide patient and family support and education and ensure patient safety. In this important role, you will contribute to the advancement of evidence-based oncology care by advocating for patient safety, performing nursing assessments of patients, engaging in patient treatment and offering patient and family education. You will:
Work within a Nurse-Physician based Ambulatory Care Practice Model.
Manage a select caseload of patients being treated for specific Oncology disease on an outpatient basis.
Provide outpatient oncology care to patients and their caregivers:
Patient and caregiver education
Perform outpatient assessments, patient education and participate in coordinating patients’ oncology care throughout the care continuum.
Act as part of a multidisciplinary team that provides continuity of care throughout various stages of treatment and follow-up.
Participate in the implementation of clinical support programs to ensure optimal care throughout the treatment process. You need:
New York State or New Jersey State RN license and BSN + 1. 5 years of related medical or surgical experience required + 1. 5 – 2 years of oncology experience strongly preferred
Strong communication skills Pre-register for this event by clicking ‘Apply’ now. Please note, space is limited, and if selected, guests will receive an event confirmation by February 13,2018. #LI-MM1 MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
Registered Nurse (Rn) Office Staff
The position we are looking to fill is for a bi-lingual office based, staff RN.
Responsibilities will include training and supervision of home care aides and support and assistance as needed in the agency's nursing office. The position also requires field nursing visits for our Westchester based home care patients, as needed.
All candidates must be fluent in both English and Spanish
Home Care experience is strongly preferred.
Family owned and operated for over 50 years.
Nurse Practitioner For Busy Pain Management Office
An established integrated health organization is seeking a full time or Part time experienced Nurse Practitioner preferably with pain management experience. Our health organization consists of Onsite Ambulatory Surgical Center, Medical & Pain Management) Clinics, Anesthesia.
This candidate will work in our pain management clinics with multiple locations or in one set location. We are seeking a Mid level provider to join the team in this multidisciplinary environment. This chosen candidate will Should be energetic, motivated and able to perform general medical duties.
JOB DESCRIPTION for Advance Nurse Practitioner for Pain Management
- Perform Interventional Joint and trigger point injections
- Evaluate Patients
- Obtain and record health histories
- Perform physical and development assessments
- Order appropriate diagnostic tests and labs
- Diagnose and treat health conditions
- Manage the health care of those patients for which they have been educated to provide health teaching and counseling
- Initiate referrals as appropriate consulting with Supervising Physician
- Complete all documentation timely, efficiently and in its entirety
- Maintain health record and document all items required for Meaningful Use
- Daily responsibilities
- Accurately completes all patient notes within 48 hours
- Forwards completed documentation to Supervising Provider for signature
- All outpatient patient charges are entered at the end of each patient encounter
- Addresses and completes all patient tasks daily
- Assists supervising provider with completion of their tasks
- Assist with paperwork and forms as directed by the physician
- Returns patient calls as needed
- Call and hospital coverage
- Completes end of day process
- Verify all messages have been handled for the day
- Ensure tasks, labs, diagnostics have been reviewed and addressed as needed
- Communicate with supervising physician any items that need to be addressed for the clinic
- Log off their work stations properly
JOB REQUIREMENTS for Advance Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant for Pain Management
- Must have an Advanced Practice Professional Degree from an approved college of Medicine/Osteopathy/Nursing or Physician Assistant Professional Degree
- Must be a board certified Midlevel Provider
- MUST have minimum of 3 years pain management experience
- Understanding of Interventional Pain Management Procedures
- Must have a New york medical license, & DEA
- Must be comfortable working in a small clinic environment
- Must be a team player and be willing to put the needs of the patients first
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong computer proficiency
- Ability to plan ahead, organize and manage multiple priorities
Excellent company benefits package includes: Attractive Compensation is offered commensurate with experience. Plus productivity bonus
LVN - Office Nurse - (Direct Hire)
We are seeking an LVN - Office Nurse (Direct Hire) for established specialty practice in
- Room patients, take vitals and patient history: medication, allergies, smoking, family, etc.
- Document patient information electronically,
- Manage prescription refills for the practice and train to do medication authorizations
- Train to work back office desk: including scheduling procedures, follow-up appointments, etc.
- Train to run computerized tests - i.e., Attention Deficit, Memory tests, on patients.
- Train in ultrasound and electrical stimulation.
- LVN, will mix Botox and inject patients who have headaches.
- Prep patients for biopsies.
- Monitor and report changes in patient symptoms or behavior
- Communicate with physician/specialist regarding patient care
- Educate patients about upcoming procedures - preparation and post care
- Maintain accurate patient medical records
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous experience as Nurse in physicians office
- Familiarity with medical equipment and Electronic Medical Records
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Part Time Clinical Nurse Manager/ Office Nurse
MUST HAVE AN INDIANA RN LICENSE: Job Description Medical Staffing Solutions, LLC is seeking a PART TIME (PRN) people-friendly office nurse needed for a fast-paced work environment.
We are looking to add to our growing team inside our corporate office This role will require someone with the ability to interview medical personnel for both local and national temporary staffing positions, create written profiles, handle complaints/concerns for both employees and clients, and the potential to work PRN clinical shifts locally for our clients. Office Hours: M-F 8am-430pm CST (part time hours will vary based on availability) Candidate must be flexible with
Licensed Nurse Practitioner- OB Office
A-Line Staffing is looking to hire Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) for a a hospital system in Kansas City. The Licensed Practical Nurse will work within an OBGYN office M-F 8a-4:30pm. For more information contact Jessica Lang at (877)782-3334.
- Rooms patients which includes: escorting patients to the exam room, obtaining patients’ weight and vital signs, reviewing patients’ medication list and referring physician information, proactively reviewing chronic/preventive services needed or overdue, providing patients with educational materials, and notifying provider when patient is ready for evaluation
- Completes all FMLA and STD paperwork for provider to approve
- Coordinates with clerical and medical staff to provide efficient patient flow and quality patient care and satisfaction.
- Performs injections, spirometry and EKGs as needed
- Performs prior authorizations on medications when needed; refills medications according to the refill protocols
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
- Must possess a current, unencumbered registration as a LPN issued by the State.
- Must have OB experience.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!