Oakland Job Description Sample
Flexible Truck Driving Jobs
Do you have a Class A CDL? We are hiring for flexible truck driving jobs. We will work with drivers to determine what routes work best for you. Centerline is looking for people who can represent us and our clients with professionalism while maintaining safety at all times.
Flexible truck driving jobs
Endorsements are a plus
Familiar with DOT protocol
- May be required to assist in loading/unloading We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Experience
- Minimum one year (no less than 12 months) of recent CDL experience + 22 years of age or older
Valid CDL Class License and Medical Card
Willing to load and unload
Ability to pass drug screen
No DUI/DWI convictions that are less than 7 years old Flexible Truck Driving Jobs' additional information in Piedmont, California: The City of Piedmont is located in the beautiful Oakland Hills, overlooking the San Francisco Bay. Piedmont is centrally located within a few minutes from Oakland and San Francisco on the West and Concord and Walnut Creek on the East. The city is currently in need of Class A tractor trailer drivers, to deliver packaging material to mail delivery stores in 30ft to 40ft trailers. These are temp-to-hire positions and will be graded based on performance.
Senior Electronic Technician
AC Transit is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Electronic Technician. Under general supervision, this position performs journey-level installation, testing, diagnosis, and repair of electronic systems and equipment used by the District; in assigned maintenance facilities and in the field. This is an excellent opportunity to work at one of the largest bus agencies in California. In addition to working with some of the best in the business, AC Transit also has an outstanding benefits package that includes pension, medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible spending and a 457 savings plan.
- Installs, tests, and repairs fare boxes; computer-aided dispatch, fixed-point and mobile transmitting, receiving, and radio communications systems; audio-video equipment; and destination signs following manufacturers' specifications. Performs both corrective and preventive maintenance.
- Performs shop and field tests using diagnostic tools such as service monitors, spectrum analyzers, frequency counters, digital voltmeters, oscilloscopes, audiometers, ammeters, and microwave test equipment. Tests for power output, audio quality, frequency sensitivity, and frequency selectivity.
- Calibrates and repairs test and diagnostic equipment.
- Troubleshoots and repairs printed circuit boards to component level.
- Designs and fabricates templates, patterns, and communications mounts of materials that include metal, wood, and plastic.
- Oversees and inspects the work of contractors working on computer-aided dispatch, and radio communications equipment.
- Compiles and maintains computerized and paper records related to work completed, and inventory of parts, supplies, and materials used.Enters and retrieves data from District computer programs.
- Compiles and organizes updated manufacturers' specifications to keep service manuals current; and reports specification changes and parts substitutions to the Procurement department.
- May provide work-related information to other Electronics Technicians regarding accepted electronics industry and manufacturers' installation and maintenance procedures; as well as District policies and procedures.
- May work on high structures and open towers.
- Performs related duties as required.
Education/Training : Equivalent to completion of two (2) years of college with an Associates degree in electronics from an accredited college; and/or successful completion of a recognized electronic technician training program.
Experience : A minimum of two (2) years of recent and verifiable experience as an electronics technician; including a combination of experience in at least two of the following areas: digital, analog, electro-mechanical, or industrial electronics.
Physical Requirements : Must possess the physical condition necessary to: (1) stand, walk, sit, pull, push, balance, kneel, crouch, twist, and reach occasionally or frequently; (2) lift weights of up to 50 lbs occasionally, and between 50 and 75 lbs rarely; (3)perform tasks occasionally in an office setting operating a personal computer, keyboards, and other peripheral equipment; and (4) maintain mobility in order to travel locally and frequently to various locations within the AC Transit District to perform job functions.
THIS POSITION IS A UNION POSITION, REPRESENTED BY IBEW
The Selection Process: The Human Resources department must receive a completed online application by the filling date. If this recruitment is "Continuous," it may be closed at any time without notice. Applications will be screened for job related qualifications, and those candidates who best meeting the qualifications listed on this Job Announcement will be invited to participate in an examination process that may include written, oral and/or performance segments. Current District employees must have satisfactory attendance and performance records up to and throughout the recruitment process. Finalists will be placed on a ranked Eligibility List. When filling vacancies, the Human Resources Department will refer the top candidates to the hiring department for final screening and recommendation. Per Board Policy , selected candidates may require background checks performed on their criminal and/or financial records.
Benefits: All employees hired on or after January 1, 2016, will be in the District's Tier II pension plan covered by the Public Employees' Pension Reform Act of 2013 (PEPRA). As such, he/she may be required to contribute 6% or more of annual income towards the cost of his/hers District pension.
ADA Compliant and Drug Free Workplace: The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the recruitment/examination process to accommodate applicants with disabilities. If you have a need for an accommodation, please call the Human Resources at .
The Alameda Contra Costa Transit District has established the goal of a 100 percent drug and alcohol-free workplace. Applicants will be required to undergo drug and alcohol testing prior to employment and those in safety sensitive positions will be subject to further drug and alcohol testing through their period of employment, including random drug and alcohol testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer
PEPRA: All employees hired on or after January 1, 2016, will be in the District's Tier II pension plan covered by the Public Employees' Pension Reform Act of 2013 (PEPRA). As such, he/she may be required to contribute 6% or more of annual income towards the cost of his/hers District pension.
Medical, dental, orthodontic, vision, and prescription insurance coverage for employees and qualified dependents; plus regular retirement pension with a five (5) year vesting. Depending on length of service, up to six (6) weeks of vacation and up to twelve (12) days of sick leave per year. Holidays: eleven (11) per year. Free transportation on AC Transit system. Group Life Insurance.
Strategic Market Planning & Execution (Intern-Undergrad)
Description: Lay the groundwork for a dynamic future with an industry leader.
At Kaiser Permanente, you'll forge lasting relationships with colleagues across the organization while enjoying the opportunity to grow your experience and hone your expertise on assignments that have real impact. Our interns have worked on everything from analyzing financial software and developing new marketing strategies, to designing mobile apps and helping clinicians improve care delivery. We want you to get the most out of your time here and will give you projects that challenge you to think freely, question thoroughly, and explore deeply.
Strategic Market Planning & Execution provides analytical, project management, and strategic consulting services program-wide. More specifically, the department
Provides strategy consulting for lines of businesses, including Large Commercial (CA Only), Small Group, Individual & Family, Medicare, and Special Programs (CA Only)
Consults on the development of national rate setting and strategic plan materials, while directly leading and/or supporting rate setting and strategic plan development in CA
Supports the execution of line of business strategies
Provides ad hoc support for strategic projects for all regions
Department Intern Responsibilities:
Our department has several potential projects that can be described by the below description, including local market and business line strategy. Multiple projects that could use support from an intern are ongoing at any one time.
Under the direct supervision of one of our internal Consultants, the Intern will work on market assessment and strategy development. Activities may include:
Membership, product and financial analysis: data gathering, presentation and analysis of results
Market & competitor research
Project management and tracking
Contributing to a designated project or initiative to meet a KP business objective.
Report development and analytics.
Project management - planning, execution, and measurement.
Learning new applications needed to complete assignments or support the execution of business objectives.
Job shadowing in other functional areas.
Performing additional duties as required.
Pursuing a bachelor's degree or have graduated from an accredited university within the last year.
High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
Aptitude to perform data and process analytics and formulating solutions
Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
3.0 GPA or above.
Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
Proven ability to build effective working relationships as well as strong interpersonal skills.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to learn quickly and experience producing high quality work in short periods of time.
Primary Location: California,Oakland,Ordway One Kaiser Plaza Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift:
Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri Working Hours Start: 9:00 AM Working Hours End: 5:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type:
Internship Employee Status: Temporary Employee Group/Union Affiliation: Non-Union, Non-Exempt Job Level:
Entry Level Job Category: Administration, Clerical and Support Services Department: Strategic Market Planning & Execution Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Click here for additional requirements > SDL2017
* 1+ year of experience interacting with people or customers
Cash handling experience
Experience offering products and services
Experience working in a fast-paced environment
Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
Basic Microsoft Office skills
Customer service focus with the ability to stay positive in interactions with customers and team members
Good communication skills including speaking clearly, succinctly, and accurately while using a pleasant tone and common conversational courtesies
Ability to meet or exceed performance objectives
Relevant military experience including working with military protocol and instructions, enlisted evaluations, officer/leadership reporting
Relevant military experience including working in personnel benefits management, processing military personnel orders or transitions, wartime readiness operations, human resources or military recruiting
Ability to stand-for extended periods of time
Ability to work weekends and holidays as needed or scheduled Job Expectations:
Ability to stand-for extended periods of time
Ability to work weekends and holidays as needed or scheduled How to Express Interest in This Job: Wells Fargo invites you to apply for this job at https://employment.wellsfargo.com/psp/PSEA/APPLICANT_NW/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=5387379&PostingSeq=1. All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act. Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women. Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation. Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women. Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Class A CDL Delivery Truck Driver
CDL CLASS-A DELIVERY DRIVER - McLane Company
$5,000 Sign-On Bonus
Our driver teammates have guts, grit and a go-getter attitude, and we’re looking for more of it.
Do you have a CDL-A license? Would you like to work with the best team in the industry? McLane Company in Tracy is looking for qualified candidates to join our driver team. Apply today and ROLL WITH US.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
Safely operate an over-the-road tractor trailer and deliver product to a specified route of restaurants on time with the best accuracy possible and in a friendly professional manner.
Drivers make multi-¬stops on their routes and are required to unload freight at each customer stop.
McLANE DRIVER TEAMMATES ENJOY:
$80,000 Average Annual Salary
$5,000 Sign-On Bonus
Short Haul and Same-Day Routes
Solo and Team Runs
Generous Benefits Day 1
Industry Leading 401(k) with Company Match
Paid Vacations and Holidays
Company Paid Life Insurance
21 Years of Age, HS Diploma or GED
Must pass a hair follicle drug test
Must pass a criminal background check
Must Have 1 Year or 50,000 Miles of Verifiable Tractor Trailer Driving Experience
Meet DOT physical and medical requirements
- Click for More Information or To Apply Now
McLane is a wholly owned unit of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. (NYSE: BRK) and employs close to 22,000 teammates, operates 80 distribution centers and owns one of the nation’s largest private fleets.
McLane is an EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Retired Nurses, Flexible Positions In Home Care
Are you compassionate, patient, and caring? Do you believe taking care of our elderly is one of the most important and fulfilling jobs on the planet? We sure do.
Honor is the fastest growing home care company in the Bay Area. We're looking for amazing caregivers to provide non-medical care to older adults. Honor provides in-home senior care, helping older adults continue to live well and independently at home. We are not a typical agency, we are disrupting the in-home care industry using technology and care. Caregivers are at the heart of Honor and we treat them better that anyone else, our company culture is based on respect.
Schedule: Full-Time (30-40 hours/week) /
San Francisco, Peninsula, South Bay, Oakland, Fremont & Hayward (Immediate Open Positions)
- Must be 21 or older
- A valid CA driver's license
- Your own car with valid proof of insurance
- Minimum of 6 months paid caregiving experience (non-family member) or one of the following certifications: RN, LVN, CNA, HHA
- Must have experience lifting and transferring
- Must have experience diapering and changing briefs
- Must have experience bathing, toileting and/or bed bathing
- Negative TB test or chest x-ray
- 2 Professional References in health care (private caregiving, facilities, nursing homes, hospitals, etc)
What Honor offers:
- Honor App to help prepare for work and leave notes
- Paid overtime
- Paid sick leave
- Paid orientation and training
- Paid holidays at the rate of 1.5x
- Direct deposit, paid weekly
- 24/7 Honor Care Team Support
- Generous referral bonus program
- Health benefits based on eligibility
Want to meet a real Care Pro? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCOroZE50po
Drivers - Deliver Retail Items From Your Own Car!
If you have a vehicle, a smart phone, and a friendly, professional work ethic we have an opportunity for you.
From day to day, you decide if and when you'll be available for deliveries. When a call for delivery comes in, you pick up, you deliver, and you earn.
All the steps to get started can be done online. You could be receiving your orientation and accepting deliveries the following week.
Earn quick extra income that is:
Pick up. Drop off. Earn. No commercial license required.
You choose your hours depending on your availability.
Get out and about, make someone's day, interact in your community—and get paid for making deliveries. Be a part of a fun and growing network.
Sound Like You?
Consent to and pass a background & DMV check
Are passionate about stellar customer service
Own an Android or iPhone with data & text plan
Have a 2-door, 4-seat car or bigger
Have a year 2000 or newer vehicle with air conditioning
Are 18 years of age or older
Have a valid driver's license, vehicle registration, and insurance
Are able to lift up to 50 pounds
SLP Travel Job Speech Language Pathologist - Master's Degree Required
- Master's Degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited educational program
- Current state license in good standing with the State License Board, state and contract-required competency tests and credentials
- Current Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) granted by the American Speech and Hearing Association
Awesome Benefits Your First Day:
- Weekly, On-Time Pay because that's how it should be.
- Customized Packages built specifically for you that may include referral bonuses, license and CEU reimbursement, and housing and relocation costs.
- Transparent Recruiting Process that won't leave you in the dark about where you're going or what you're getting.
- Flexible Work Schedules: You pick the contract option that fits you best from travel, local, part-time to flexible scheduling.
- Competitive Referral Bonuses
- 24/7 Recruiter: Your main point of contact available by text, phone or email
- 401k Matching Plan & Full Medical
- 100% Paid Housing & Travel Reimbursement Available
- Travel & License Reimbursement
Associated topics: cfy, language, language pathologist, slp, slpa, speech, speech and language pathologist, speech language, speech language pathologist, speech therapist
Company Drivers - New Pay Packages & Sign-On Bonus
NEW PAY PACKAGES!
Up to $.50 CPM
Guaranteed Pay Packages
PTO for all Drivers after 90 days
Pet on Your Truck
Medical, Dental & Vision
Generous Home Time
May Trucking Company
Call Today for more Details
1-800-547-9169 (Dial 1)
or check us out online at: https://www.maytrucking.com/lp/contact.html?utm_source=LinkUp&utm_medium=posting&utm_campaign=Drivers
Celebrating over 71 years in business May Trucking Company knows that our people make us a success. We employ only the most talented drivers, latest technology, and best equipment to ensure that May Trucking Company remains second to none.
Due to our excellent safety, compliance, and vehicle inspection record the State of Oregon recognizes May Trucking Company as a Trusted Carrier. Special license plates on May Trucking Company tractors identify our drivers to the public and to enforcement agencies as among the safest and most compliant drivers in the nation.
Call 1-800-547-9169 for more information, or visit: https://www.maytrucking.com/lp/contact.html?utm_source=LinkUp&utm_medium=posting&utm_campaign=Drivers
Director Of Sales (West Coast)
Mosaic is building upon its success in solar and expanding into home improvement, making it easy by leveraging technology and financial innovation, with a goal of providing access to clean energy for everyone. We are looking to collaborate with passionate, thoughtful people who want to make a real social impact while working to solve climate change. Come join our team centrally located in beautiful downtown Oakland and help build the movement towards 100% clean energy for all.
To complement our rapid growth, we are seeking an experienced and driven Director of Sales (Home Improvement) to join our amazing Sales team. This is an opportunity for someone to manage a team of regional sales managers who will build and manage a network of strong local and regional contractors to promote our home improvement financing program. An ideal candidate is someone who has proven experience leading a team to outperform, as well as strong relationship building skills, particularly in B2B sales. If you are passionate about helping to grow our partner/dealer network and enthusiastic about our company, then this is the role for you.
- Lead and motivate team of regional sales managers to exceed sales volume targets and quality goals
- Provide ongoing feedback, coaching, and training to enhance the sales team's ability to succeed
- Promote Mosaic financing program to new dealers and support dealer relationships as needed
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, acting as the voice of the channel to drive product innovation for our home improvement program and features
- Oversee improvements in the sales process and organization to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the team
- Forecast and maintain the budget for the team
What you bring to the team
- Proven leadership skills: managing, motivating and earning the respect of a team
- Strong relationship building and sales skills, especially managing a B2B dealer network
- Experience selling consumer financial products
- Demonstrated experience balancing dealer needs and requests with Mosaic business objectives and limitations
- Proven history of exhibiting accountability and exceeding goals
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
- Data-driven by nature
- Problem-solving skills with the capability to mediate tough issues
- Ability to adapt to a competitive, dynamic, high growth environment
- Ability to travel (up to 30% of time)
- Experience with home improvement industry
- Strong understanding of financial services, compliance, lending
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization, there are many exciting reasons to join the Mosaic team. We provide competitive salaries, quality healthcare and an enjoyable, be-yourself office environment. We are deeply mission and vision driven, have a generous PTO program, and support flexible schedules when needed. Mosaic has a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment, which requires a professional, flexible, self-starter attitude. We believe in hiring the best, the brightest, and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!