Oakland Job Description Sample
Veterans Canteen Service is a Federal agency, seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated Operations Manager with strong leadership skills to assist with the day to day operations of our Patriot Cafés and Patriot Stores in the VA Medical Center.
This person must have proven operations management experience in food/retail industry. We are seeking managers who are dedicated with a commitment to excellence, professionalism, and a passion to serve others.
Duties Include: Inventory control, labor cost, and budget management. P&L experience in a multi-unit fast food or full service restaurant environment. Administrative controls, reviews processes relative to the operation. Oversees all Oracle Inventory management/accountability processes involving retail operations. Develops and implements local promotional programs. Supervise assigned personnel. Conducts interviews and recommends selections and all other personnel actions. Assigns/oversees housekeeping and sanitation schedules. Directly responsible for cash accountability and controls.
Must have 1 year of fast food/full restaurant exp.
Must be able to pass background check
Must have 1 yr. inventory mgt., supply cost and shrinkage control; food gross and POS systems
Proficient computer skills using Microsoft applications (Word, Excel etc.)
Associate Degree preferred, but not required, in Business, Hospitality or Management
Serv-Safe certification required or obtained within 90 days of hire date.
Competitive Salary $35,253 - $37,602
Vacation Leave (13-26 days per year)
Sick Leave (13 days per year-Unlimited accumulation)
Paid Holidays (10 paid holidays each year)
Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
Federal Retirement Programs
Thrift Savings Plan (401K)
E-mail resume to the Operations Manager at VCSJOB@va.gov, make sure you have Attn: Recruiter-LU, Your City and State in the subject line.
To learn more about VCS, go to www.vacanteen.va.gov.
Nanny/Babysitter/Child Care Provider
Employer is the fastest growing on-demand childcare and kids rides service provider network trusted by thousands of parents. We take pride in being the most trustworthy transportation and child care partner of a working parent - ensuring their kids never miss any school or activity for need of a safe ride or care. We use state of the art mobile technology to connect parents with our network of highly reliable and trustworthy child care providers and drivers - “ Employerers” - who can pickup and drop kids safely to their destination, babysit them at home or just stay back with them at an activity.
About being a Employerer :
As a Employerer, you are more than a nanny, babysitter, driver or childcare provider. You are part of a larger purpose - to support better parenting. Through caring for a family’s well-being, you are empowering working parents to excel in their professional and family lives. Employerers serve families by driving their kids to school/activities and providing care. The ideal Employerer exhibits: thoughtfulness and a willingness to go the extra mile for parents and children. With us, you can work at flexible hours of your choice and ‘earn as you go’ on a per trip basis.
Who are we looking for?
- Stay at home Moms
- Graduate students
- Part-time professionals (teachers, instructors, musicians)
Basic Qualifying Criteria:
- Must be 21 years old or older
- At least 2 years of child related education/work and driving experience
- Own a 2006 or newer 4 door car - great exterior and interior to meet our 22 point inspection criteria
- Valid California state license and driver’s insurance
- Impeccable driving and background record (willing to undergo DMV and Background checks)
Perks of Joining the Employer Team:
- Flexible hours: Choose your own time slots/days and rides
- Have the work come to you - our mobile app will automatically bring work to you everyday
- Highest pay in the industry - our Childcare providers and drivers say they make 100% more than average nanny jobs
- Safe environment and convenient hours
- Fun and active
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $32.00 /hour
- Childcare: 2 years
- Conversational English
Required license or certification:
Intern 2018 - Release Quality Engineer
We have an exciting summer Intern opportunity for a student pursuing a Master's Degree in computer science. You could be the ideal candidate if you're interested in learning more about what happens after a complex mobile application used by tens of millions of people is released and consumed. Despite good development and testing processes, bugs will occur in the hands of users. One of the responsibilities of the Release QE team is to understand what those bugs are, how and why they occur, and how much impact they have. This helps us to prioritize bugs for investigation and fixes, and also helps us to improve our testing so we have a better chance of finding similar bugs in the future.
We have a variety of data available to us about bugs occurring in production. This summer intern project is about making those data sources more useful together. There are two possible approaches to this. The first is a student interested in using Big Data to solve real world problems. You'd be familiar with how to mine very large data sets and search for correlations that could be statistically significant and useful for informing the pursuit of the goals above. The second is a student interested in mobile app development, but wanting to follow the lifecycle beyond writing the code, to provide supportability features in the app to make it easier to achieve the goals above.
This position requires strong software engineering proficiency, and familiarity with mobile app development on one or both of iOS and Android. You should also have strong problem-solving skills and passion for making data useful.
* Currently hold a BA/BS in Computer Science or a related field, currently pursuing Master's.
* Java programming experience.
* Comfortable programming in common scripting languages, e.g. Python
* Strength in one of the following, and some familiarity with the other:
* Big data query and visualization tools such as Hive and Tableau, and some understanding of statistical methods such as determining statistical significance and error ranges
* Mobile app architecture and development on iOS and/or Android
* Passion for user satisfaction and the business success of mobile apps
* Ability to tackle problems in an iterative manner: explore options,investigation promising ones, propose a direction, try it out, evaluate progress, repeat
* Excellent team player, with the ability to collaborate across teams and leverage expertise and knowledge from a variety of disciplines
* Superior written and verbal communication skills
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to This email box is designed to assist job seekers who require a reasonable accommodation to the application process. A response to your request may take up to two business days.
In your email, please include the following:
* The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application.
* The location or office to which you would like to apply
* The subject of the email should read "Request for Reasonable Accommodation".
Caviar Driver Full Time - San Francisco
Become a Courier
Earn up to $25/hr on a Flexible Schedule
Easy Money. Deliver food in your city and earn up to $25/hour! Money is deposited into your bank account each week.
Flexible schedule. Work as a driver on weekdays or weekends.
Or both. Experience the freedom of working whenever you want.
What is Caviar? Caviar is a service that provides food delivery from local restaurants to homes and offices. Founded in 2012, Caviar has helped thousands of people earn income as bike couriers and drivers.
How do I get paid? Couriers are compensated for each successful delivery with a task-based fee. Money is deposited into your bank account each week.
Who can become a Caviar Courier? Anyone with a vehicle (car, truck, bike, scooter, or motorcycle) and a customer-service mentality is eligible.
You must be 18 years or older with a smartphone to use our mobile driver app. Drivers must have 2 years of driving experience. Other applicants have previously been delivery drivers, Uber drivers, Postmates, bike couriers, Lyft drivers, or store associates.
What is the time commitment? You have the flexibility to choose your own delivery hours!
Caviar is typically busy during the lunch and dinner delivery shifts, open 7 days a week from 8am—11:30pm. The more you work as a driver, the more you'll earn.
How does the application process work? A Caviar representative will contact you after receiving your application.
The process includes an interview and an in-person session. You may be subject to a background check following your interview or after you have received a conditional offer, in compliance with local law. After you and Caviar have agreed to the Courier Terms and Conditions, you can make yourself available to deliver for Caviar. You'll be out on the road and delivering in no time!
Is Caviar in my city or town? Caviar is expanding its delivery service into new markets very rapidly.
We are currently in more than a dozen metropolitan cities across the United States. If Caviar is not in your area yet, please continue to check back.
Other successful couriers with Caviar have also worked with Uber, Lyft, Doordash, Postmates, and other food delivery, rideshare, courier, driver, delivery, or cab jobs!
This is an opportunity for an independent contractor courier. Couriers who deliver with Caviar are subject to a background check.
Local Pick UP & Delivery -Class A CDL - Home Nightly Hayward CA
SEE WHAT YOU'VE BEEN MISSING
Central Freight Lines offers Pick-Up/Delivery Drivers great pay and an exceptional work environment!
You may not even know it, but Central Freight Lines is one of the top carriers in the trucking industry and YOU can be a part of it too. As a Pick-Up/Delivery Driver for Central Freight Lines, your earnings will be higher"and so will your job satisfaction!
Our Pick-Up/Delivery Drivers:
Various Start Times
10-11 Hr Shifts
Hourly Pay (Depending on location/experience)
Pick up and deliver freight within your local city area
Load, unload, stack and secure freight
Inspect tractor and trailer to insure proper working order
Based out of Waco, TX, Central Freight Lines has been in operation since 1925, hauling less-than-truckload (LTL) general freight communities.
We're fully dedicated to our drivers and have been since the very beginning. If you're a driver with a knack for customer service, your success starts HERE"apply today to be a Pick-Up/Delivery Driver for Central Freight Lines and see where we can take you!
Delivery Driver - Be Your Own Boss
If you have a vehicle, a smart phone, and a friendly, professional work ethic we have an opportunity for you.
From day to day, you decide if and when you'll be available for deliveries. When a call for delivery comes in, you pick up, you deliver, and you earn.
All the steps to get started can be done online. You could be receiving your orientation and accepting deliveries the following week.
Earn quick extra income that is:
Pick up. Drop off. Earn. No commercial license required.
You choose your hours depending on your availability.
Get out and about, make someone's day, interact in your community—and get paid for making deliveries. Be a part of a fun and growing network.
Sound Like You?
Consent to and pass a background & DMV check
Are passionate about stellar customer service
Own an Android or iPhone with data & text plan
Have a 2-door, 4-seat car or bigger
Have a year 2000 or newer vehicle with air conditioning
Are 18 years of age or older
Have a valid driver's license, vehicle registration, and insurance
Are able to lift up to 50 pounds
Foreman Superintendent For Ground Up Commercial Job
We are looking to hire 1 Foreman/Superintendent who can perform a ground up build of a commercial project. Please send resume today as for we are looking quickly. Travelers are okay on this job as we do pay per-diem.
-Must have your own vehicle to and from the jobsite.
-Foreman or Superintendent experience with new construction and ground up builds.
-Work with sub-contractors and vendors.
-Work with running labor and skilled trades crews.
-Daily reporting and constant communication with the office.
-Must be able to clear background check and drug screening.
With over 40 years of combined service in the industry, Arena's team includes certified staffing professionals from the industrial, construction, and agricultural sectors. Call today for a free consultation on your current workforce, and find out what path is best for your employees and your company. Arena's offers many hiring incentive programs that ease the pain of training costs and reduce the risk of turnover in the 1st 90 days. .
Operating Room - OR RN - Travel Nurse
As an OR Travel Nurse, you will assist physicians and medical staff in caring for surgical patients, as well as providing pre- and post-surgery care and education to the patient. Circulating OR Nurses work within the operating suite but outside of the sterile field; Scrub OR Nurses handle and prepare operating instruments and equipment within the sterile field. Surgery responsibilities may include preparing instruments for specific surgical procedures, monitoring and observing the patient during surgery, and responding to potential complications alongside the physician.
As an OR Travel Nurse, you should be prepared to perform the following tasks:
- Provide basic bedside care.
- Prepare, administer and record prescribed medication, reporting any adverse reactions to treatment.
- Serve as the communication liaison between patients' family members and members of the operating team.
- Ensure that the correct procedure(s) is being performed on the correct patient.
- Initiate patient education plan as prescribed by physician; teach patients and families how to manage medication and home care needs.
- Responding to comfort and safety needs of patient.
- Accurate care and handling of specimens.
- Monitoring equipment used during surgery.
- Inventory of surgical items pre- and post-procedure.
- Selection and handling of surgical instruments and supplies during procedures.
- Inventory of surgical items pre- and post-procedure.
- Assist physicians by delivering direct surgical care.
- Help control bleeding.
- Suture patients following surgery.
Associated topics: ccu, domiciliary, intensive, intensive care unit, mhb, nurse, psychatric, psychiatric, surgery, unit
Senior Agile Test Engineer
Mosaic makes it simple to go solar by leveraging technology and financial innovation, with a goal of providing access to clean energy for everyone. We are looking to collaborate with passionate, thoughtful people who want to make a real social impact while working to solve climate change. Come join our team centrally located in beautiful downtown Oakland and help build the movement towards 100% clean energy for all.
Mosaic is actively looking for ambitious Agile Test Engineers to join an innovative and growing test engineering team. If you enjoy working with cutting-edge technologies, and want to make an impact on promoting the growth of renewable energy, then you should definitely check this out!
- Drive our Behavior Driven Development based quality strategy by collaborating with product managers and developers to ensure correctness of both the requirements and implementation.
- Use your advanced SQL skills to verify the data integrity of a complex relational database and to catch data anomalies before they can impact our customers.
- Develop and execute exploratory testing charters.
- Perform weekly release readiness testing.
- Keep track of testing activities and progress using TestRail, Jira, and Jenkins.
- Help automate functional tests using the Scala, Selenium, and REST API testing tools.
What you bring to the team
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- 5+ years of total experience in QA
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Efficient in effort estimation, planning, prioritization and time management
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal direction
- Experience in a fast-paced, collaborative, startup environment
- Have at least 2 years experience mentoring junior staff members
- Test automation experience with Selenium
- Familiarity with Linux and MySql
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization, there are many exciting reasons to join the Mosaic team. We provide competitive salaries, quality healthcare and an enjoyable, be-yourself office environment. We are deeply mission and vision driven, have unlimited vacation days, and support flexible schedules when needed. Mosaic has a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment, which requires a professional, flexible, self-starter attitude. We believe in hiring the best, the brightest, and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Cdl-A Dedicated Company Truck Driver
You know the name, now get the REWARDS that come with it- Dedicated CDL-A Company Truck Driver jobs available with UPS Truckload
UPS Freight Truckload is hiring individuals to work as full-time, Dedicated OTR Dry Van and Dedicated Dry Van operators. As a driver, you can expect to drive a delivery of freight to two or more locations.
You will typically run freight for a single dedicated customer, and may be assigned to an operation based at a specific customer location. Dedicated OTR Dry Van drivers can expect to be on the road from seven to ten days at a time. Dedicated Dry Van routes offer multiple home time options, including nightly home time, out 1-2 nights per week, or out 3-5 nights per week.
Must pass a DOT physical & successfully pass a UPS Freight road test
Must have a valid CDL-A with HazMat endorsement
Must comply with all appearance standards
Must be at least 21 years of age
Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language
Must meet the Department of Transportation (DOT) and company mental & physical requirements
Must be mentally and physically able to perform the essential job functions without obvious risk of injury to the employee or co-workers
Must receive satisfactory results from a background check, as conducted in accordance with applicable laws
Must pass a drug screening
This job posting includes information about the minimum qualifications (including the UPS Uniform and Personal Appearance Guidelines), locations, shifts, and operations within the locations which may consider an application. An applicant or employee may request an exception, change to, or an accommodation of any condition of employment (including the UPS Uniform and Personal Appearance Guidelines) because of a sincerely held religious belief or practice.
UPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!