Occupational Therapy Aide Job Description Sample
Occupational Therapy Aide ,Cota
PRN COTA for a long term care facility.
Physical Therapy Aide
Performance Physical Therapy is looking for the next Physical Therapy Aide to join our team! We provide physical therapy throughout the Sacramento area, with clinics located in Rancho Cordova, East Sacramento, Folsom, and Roseville.
Who are we?
Performance Physical Therapy was established in 1996 and continues to grow! We provide the best physical therapy and customer service available! We do what we love and help the community in the process. How would you like to join our team and make a difference too?
We're looking for an organized and detail oriented candidate who is friendly, outgoing, and demonstrates excellent communication skills throughout our organization. This position plays a vital role in our company's reputation and success. Though we are 4 clinics strong, we work as a team company wide.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Greets patients with an inviting and comforting demeanor.
· Prepares treatment room and patient for treatment according prescribed procedures and protocols.
· Assists Therapists with patients' treatment performing modalities including: applying heat packs; applying ice packs; paraffin dips; fluidotherapy; ultra sound; and electrical stimulation.
· Monitor the clinic floor: assisting patients onto exercise equipment and observing the gym environment.
· Ensures patient safety with proper use of equipment and exercise routines.
· Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
· Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
· Provides equipment and supplies by sterilizing and delivering equipment and supplies to treatment area; positioning equipment for therapist access; positioning patient on equipment.
· Maintains physical therapy supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies.
· Serves and protects the clinic by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
· Assist the front office staff in patient coordination services including: answering phones, scheduling patients, taking payment, filing clinic documents and assist in answering clinic related questions.
· Ability to work well with people and maintaining positive attitude
· Multi-tasking skills
· Some lifting may be required, ability to lift 20 lbs
· High school diploma or equivalent
To apply, send us a current resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes the answer to the following question:
When was the last time that you helped someone and how did it make you feel?
Applications without the information above will not be reviewed.
We hope to speak with you soon!
We believe we have put together the most professional, caring and experienced rehabilitation team in the Sacramento Valley. We think you will too!
Physical Therapy Aide
World renowned Alternative Pain and Physical Therapy Center looking for a friendly and energetic individual who is capable of working in a fast paced center specializing in hands-on treatment of patients from around the country and abroad. Located along the Main Line in Malvern, PA. Individual will primarily be interacting with patients and therapists constantly throughout the day, cleaning treatment rooms, doing wash, mailing letters to physicians, maintaining inventory, scheduling patients, ordering supplies and assisting with other projects as needed.
HOURS: Full time Monday thru Friday. Hours vary day/evening. Flexibility is a must.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greet patients, provide modalities (heat/ice)
- Communicate on a regular basis with the PT as to the status and needs of the patient
- Manage schedules of 5 physical therapists
- Assist patient under the direction of the Physical Therapist
- Maintain inventory of clinic supplies and equipment
- Maintain cleanliness of treatment rooms and common areas
- Perform daily checks and maintenance of hot tub to keep chemicals at the proper levels
- General office help (answering phones, filing, patient services, scheduling patients, etc.)
- Administrative duties, mailing letters, managing visiting therapists' daily schedules, etc.Position
- Background in healthcare is a plus. Must have understanding of medical terminology.
- Must be able to manage time efficiently and handle multiple projects.
- Must be detailed oriented and good at multitasking
- Must be energetic, friendly, compassionate, patient, and reliable.
- Must be team player and able to work well with co-workers.
- Must be personable and attentive to the needs of visiting clinicians and patients
who travel to our facility for 1-3 weeks at a time.
-Must have reliable transportation and be dependable.
-Good oral and written communication skills.
-Pre-Physical Therapy Students will be considered on a case by case basis.
*Please email your resume along with your salary request*
*Full time benefits package included*
Physical Therapy Aide
Supports physical therapy care delivery by preparing treatment area, patient, equipment and materials; performing procedures, under the supervision of a physical therapist.
Physical Therapist Aide Job Duties:
- Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patients for physical therapy treatment by welcoming, comforting, providing and/or assisting patient into physical therapy apparel or apertures.
- Provides information to patients by answering questions and requests; allaying fears.
- Helps treat patients by applying heat packs; paraffin dips; assisting patients into whirlpool; helping patients onto exercise equipment, monitoring motion; tracking walking time and distance; measuring mobility; performing prescribed exercises and strengthening techniques.
- Educates patients by demonstrating proper use of equipment and exercise routines.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Provides equipment and supplies by sterilizing and delivering equipment and supplies to treatment area; positioning equipment for therapist access; positioning patient on equipment.
- Ensures operation of physical therapy equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instruction; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains physical therapy supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; requesting and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Serves and protects the medical community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances physical therapy department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Verbal Communication, Listening, Coaching, Patient Services, Self-Development, Coordination, Teamwork, Multi-tasking, Supply Management
Recreational Therapy Aide
We are looking for a Per-Diem Recreational Therapy Aide to join our team. The Recreation Therapy Aide, under supervision, coordinates the Therapeutic Recreation programs as assigned and evaluates the progress of the participants. Performs other related duties as requires.
High School diploma or GED required. A minimum of 6 months experience in acute psychiatric setting or health care setting preferred.
For acute inpatient services we provide Medical, Surgical, and Critical Care. We also provide clinic services at the Family Clinic, which is located across the street from the hospital. College Medical Center also provides Behavioral Health services for inpatients as well as a Partial Hospitalization Program. We are very proud that College Medical Center is now focused on serving the needs of the residents of Long Beach and surrounding communities.
Physical Therapy Aide
Private Outpatient Physical Therapy Clinic is looking for an part time aide to join our team. We prefer someone who is interested in pursing a physical therapy career, no experience needed. Candidate should have knowledge of basic anatomy, biology, highly motivated, and comfortable interacting with patients. Duties include: cleaning rooms, cleaning and organize the gym, laundry, patient setup for ice and electrical stimulation. Please contact us by email ASAP if interested.
Physical Therapy Aide
PHYSICAL THERAPY AIDE - Part time or Full time $11/hour - state your availability Monday to Saturday when applying
We are open 730am to 900pm daily.
The ideal candidate should have knowledge of the human body and anatomy, be versed in physical therapy exercises, have excellent time management, organization, attention to detail, be efficient, prompt, great listener and be able to perform under pressure.
This position is ideal for candidate who wishes to become a Physical Therapist in the future.
Experience preferred but NOT required. Interest in Physical Therapy as future profession is required and makes this position a valuable piece of your future
If you speak another language (Bengali, Spanish, Arabic, is a strong plus) please state this as well.
Overall, our ideal candidates should be confident, responsible, caring, take pride in their work, and can problem solve on the spot.
To apply to Physical Therapy Colleges you need volunteer experience. So if you don't have experience you can volunteer, get your requirement for college completed and get trained simultaneously.
Currently hiring for a full time Therapy Aide in El Dorado. This position is responsible for implementing therapy programs to maximize independence and support the highest quality of life possible for individuals who have severe developmental disabilities and other special needs.
We offer paid training, medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401K, and employer paid life insurance.
Apply online at www.easterseals.com/capper/who-we- are/careers-at- es/.
Certified Physical Therapy Aide - Canonsburg - Part Time
GENERAL OVERVIEW Assists therapist in patient treatments in accordance with practice act; maintains equipment, organizes and cleans department equipment, charge entry, clerical duties and patient scheduling and all other duties as assigned by manager.
Assists physical therapist and/or occupational therapist in providing therapeutic intervention to return patient to maximal level of functioning. (40%)
Maintains clean and safe environment within department to assist in efficient operations. (10%)
Transports patients, records, equipment and supplies, in accordance with established protocol under the direct supervision of a Physical Therapist or Physical Therapist Assistant. (20%)
Assist with daily operations as directed by Supervisor, Physical Therapist, Physical Therapist Assistant or Occupational Therapist or Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant. Performs clerical duties to facilitate smooth department operations. (30%) QUALIFICATIONS
Computer experience and data entry experience required.
Experience with direct patient care or patient transport in the healthcare setting is required.
- Certification preferred if available REQNUMBER: J113649
Physical Therapy Aide I - Physical Therapy - Per Diem 8 Hour Days
Physical Therapy Aide I - Physical Therapy - Per Diem 8 Hour DaysApplyPhysical TherapyGlendale, California MAJOR FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
Assists the Physical Therapist in treating patients: this may involve the applications of heat, cold, electrical stimulation, ultrasound, JOBST compression, whirlpool, massage or monitoring an established exercise program. The aide will be able to demonstrate competency in the utilization of all modalities and to understand their precautions and contraindications.
Follows all safety procedures as well as all hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
Maintains the patient’s rights (for privacy, informed consent, confidentiality, right to refuse treatments, etc as outlined in the Patient's Rights Policy).
Maintains a safe environment.
Works with the team to promote the highest quality patient care possible.
Demonstrates the ability to distinguish situations requiring a Physical Therapist’s attention and intervention both through verbal testing and actual practice during the first 30 days of employment.
Obtains information in order to have a current knowledge base for the child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient population; attends 1 inservice per month (within the department) applicable to their job duties.
After receiving training, will be able pass the CPR written test and practical demonstration.
Assists a PT Coordinator or the PMR Director as requested within the scope of their capabilities.
Able to write accurate daily treatment notes.
Demonstrates a basic understanding of the science behind modalities utilized.
Able to perform all basic duties to the satisfaction of a PT Coordinator according to the job’s performance appraisal. Insures that the equipment and the work areas are in an orderly, clean condition:
sets up treatment areas,
cleans hydrotherapy tanks following department procedures,
cleans equipment as necessary,
reports any unsafe equipment and / or condition. Learns to assist with basic receptionist tasks:
answers the telephone,
transfers telephone calls to other departments,
understands the use of office equipment,
greets patients, notifies therapists of their arrival and directs them to the appropriate area
- understands all areas of the hospital at a basic level to assist patients. Minimum Experience/
• Be able to follow oral and written instructions in English and to effectively communicate with patients, Physical Therapists and other departments within the hospital. • Be able to relate to supervising therapist any problems with patients, department operations or problems from other areas. • Capable of reading the policy and procedure manual and understanding the information that relates to listed job duties as well as general information available for all employees of the hospital. • Capable of demonstrating compliance with safety, hazardous waste and infection control procedures. • Utilizes proper body mechanics with patients in order to prevent injury to the patient or to self. • Capable of working assigned shifts, overtime when approved and weekends if requested. • Adheres to all hospital and departmental policies and procedures, including annual updates of emergency procedures • Minimum of one year experience in a Physical Therapy Department working in an aide position, utilizing modalities as indicated in the Major Functions, Duties and Responsibilities area. Minimum Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. Further education relative to the health sciences preferred. As part of Keck Medicine of USC, USC Verdugo Hills Hospital is the only community hospital in the Foothills area of Los Angeles backed by an academic medical center. With its 40-year legacy of personalized care from expert physicians, experience nurses and a dedicated staff the community has come to know and trust, USC–VHH brings patients the latest medical advancements and 24/7 emergency services. Join this world-class team providing highly-specialized care, up-to-the-minute research and innovative clinical trials. REQ20050634 Posted Date: 01/09/2018
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!