Office Clerk Job Description Sample
The Office Clerk assists in the completion of all plant office work required to keep accurate information flowing between the plant and Corporate Office.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Responsible for answering phone/switchboard, taking messages as necessary.
Assists in typing correspondence, faxing and copying.
Inputs daily receipts for incoming raw materials in Excel and AS400 system.
Responsible input and printing of plant daily/weekly reports which includes grease routing, raw materials, fleet, and sales.
Works directly with HR Dept. on payroll, benefits, new hires, etc.
Inputs all accounts payable; sets up vendors; handles A/P inquiries.
Distributes all incoming mail; manages outgoing mail.
Responsible for Bio-security sign-in sheet; monitors all traffic through office.
All other duties as assigned by management.
High School Diploma / GED.
Minimum of 1-year prior office experience; telephone usage, Microsoft Office and use of various office machines.
Communicates clearly in verbal and written form.
Highly organized; superior time management skills.
Excellent math skills.
Must be able to type; proficient in Microsoft Office.
Frequently required to walk, stand, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crawl, and crouch.
Frequently lifts up to 10 lbs.
Long periods spent sitting in front of computer.
Regularly required reach with hands and arms.
Job functions will be carried out in an office environment.
Darling Ingredients Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or, protected veteran status. EEO is the Law: If you would like more information, please click on the link or paste into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Benefits we can offer you: Health, Dental and Vision, Life and Disability insurance, 401(K) with Company contribution & paid time off. You will gain new skills by: training on the job, developing relationships with our clients, multi-tasking with variety of computer and customer service related activities.
What it's like to work here: Secure, clean, plenty of parking. Work Monday-Thursday 8 am to 4:40 pm and Friday- 8 am to 4 pm. Work with and learn from a great team!
Administrative support for Service Department
Excel and database experience required
Assists the Service Manager in operation of the department
Works with Service Manager to prepare reports for the department
Generates work orders for the branch
Customer service duties to internal and external customers via email, telephone, etc.
Performs dispatching duties for the department
Timekeeping system review and updating for the department
Other duties as assigned by management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
Excellent organizational skills
Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
Advanced computer skills
Ability to interact with all levels of the organization
Excellent telephone and customer service skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or GED required; some college preferred. Two years of experience as an Administrative Assistant or CSR preferred. Demonstrated ability to work independently.
The Office Clerk in the Finance and Accounting department will assist full time staff with various administrative and clerical projects.
Essential Job Functions:
Utilizing ERP system for electronic filing
General filing and organizing paper documents
Other duties as assigned
Current High School or College Student
Summer Availability (June through August 2018)
Ability to work as work independently
Ability to follow written and oral instruction
Familiarity with computer programs, such as Microsoft Office software
Attention to detail
Good communication skills
While performing the duties of this job the employee is often required to sit, use computers, read, write, type, use fax and copy machines, file paperwork, use telephones and utilize written and oral communication to interact with clients and co-workers.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Doble Engineering Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Apply On-line Send This Job to a Friend
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Copyright © Ultimate Software
Professional Civil Process (PCP) is looking for an Office Clerk for our Office – a person who wants to go above and beyond for the legal support industry. We’re looking for someone who is a self-starter and with exceptional energy and enthusiasm to join our Field Operations Team.
- PCP is the leader in the legal support industry providing filing, serving, and skip tracing services.
- We’re a family owned business serving the legal community for over thirty-five years.
- PCP currently handles over 140,000 services of process documents annually.
- Our corporate headquarters is in Spicewood, Texas with 22 offices throughout the State of Texas.
- PCP is a founding member of the National Association of Professional Process Servers (NAPPS) and the Texas Process Servers Association (TPSA).
About the position:
- Manage and performs the daily operations of the San Antonio Field Office
- Processes incoming citations by retrieving them from the court and uploading them to the PCP system
- Picking up documents at the court
- Inputting filing information into the PCP system
- Scanning of documents
- Work through and complete certain reports
- Contacting courts and clients for needed information
- Responds to email and voice-mail in a timely manner
- Work closely with other office staff to complete all necessary clerical tasks
- Work closely with Process Servers by assigning them jobs for service and monitoring papers out for service
- High school diploma or equivalent - required
- 1 year of clerical work experience - preferred
- Typing skills (at least 35 wpm) - test will be administered
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Organizational skills
- Flawless attendance
- Basic computer skills - test will be administered
- Effective multi-tasking skills
- Excellent customer service and written & verbal skills
- Accuracy in grammar and spelling
- Commitment to team results; a team player, but can work alone
- Legal documents and court system knowledge - PLUS
- Clean driving record for the past 5 years
Compensation, Hours, and Benefits:
- Pay: $13.00/hr
- Full-Time: Monday – Friday, 8:00a – 5:00p
- Dental/vision plan - available upon hire
- MEC Plus "Minimum Essential Coverage" Health Plan - after sixty (60) days of service
- Nine (9) paid holidays per calendar year - after six (6) months of service
- Paid Time Off (PTO) – after six (6) months of service
- 401k savings plan – after one (1) year of service
- Casual work environment
- Casual attire
The Office Clerk is responsible for the proper weighing of inbound and outbound truck scale traffic. In addition responsibilities may include accurate data entry, pricing and payment along with correct completion of scale paperwork.
This position also answers the incoming calls and transfers them to the appropriate person. Microsoft Office skills are a must. This person must comply with confidentiality requirements.
- Operates truck/warehouse/rail scale properly, maintaining accurate records of inbound and outbound loads. Comply with Radiation procedures and policy.
- Strive to create the most value for the customer (internal & external) which results in mutual long-term success. Demonstrates dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of customers. Professional presentation of self and company.
Managing Multiple Priorities
- Handles multiple assignments and priorities yet still fulfills all commitments. Readily accepts new responsibilities and adapts well to changes in procedures. Gives appropriate priorities to various work demands.
- Maintains work area so that it presents a safe, organized, efficient and clean environment.
Occasionally, Sitting, Stooping/Kneeling/Crouching/Crawling, Stooping/Kneeling/Crouching/Crawling
Regularly, Standing, walking, reaching, pushing, pulling, Lifting up to 5 lbs, Lifting 5 - 15 lbs
We offer a full benefit package that includes great health insurance benefits, paid time off, paid holidays, Life Insurance, 401k with company match and many other perks!
Degree/Diploma Obtained: High School Diploma
Program of Study: General Studies
We are looking for a competent part-time Office Clerk to perform various administrative and clerical tasks to support our office. You will undertake a variety of activities in the office ranging from scanning documents, filing and answering the phone to basic Accounts Payable functions.
An effective office clerk has the ability to work timely and diligently to help maintain smooth and accurate office operations. You must be reliable and hardworking with great communication skills. The ideal candidate will also be familiar with office equipment and procedures.
This position is part-time, working 24 hours (3 days)/week.
- Maintain working knowledge of all office roles
- Assist with daily reconciliation and posting of billing invoices.
- Daily scanning of billing invoices into Edgar Software
- Daily scanning of Purchase orders into Edgar Software
- Weekly ordering of office supplies
- Answering phones, directing calls to proper person.
- Assisting Sales reps with adding to orders.
- Daily processing of Accounts Payable EFT’s
- Assisting Customers at the window
- Monthly e-mailing of Sales Billbacks to Suppliers
- Supplier AR Report biweekly to corporate office
- Cover some Accounts Payable and Reconciliation duties when necessary
- Assist throughout the office as requested
- Other duties as assigned
- Proven experience in an office clerk role or other clerical position
- Familiarity with office procedures and basic accounting principles
- Working knowledge of office devices and processes
- Very good knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Very good organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent
* This description is not intended as a written or implied contract and may be revised by the company at any time. Furthermore, no verbal contract by the supervisor or other company representative is binding and employment is at the will of the company.
16250 HWY 3, Webster, Texas 77598 United States of America
U-Haul is looking for a personable, courteous, and professional Reservation Agents to work in our regional marketing office to assist customers with reserving U-Haul Trucks, Trailers, and other related rental equipment.
Primary responsibilities include:
Direct incoming U-Haul equipment to dealerships and moving centers to fill every confirmed reservation
Assist in controlling rental equipment inventories within the assigned marketing company geographic area
Monitor current competitor rates and maintain inventory records
Update, review, and audit inventory reports
Answer customer inquiries
Click on the link below to learn more about the job.
Very Competitive Pay
Military Veterans highly encouraged to apply
Must have impeccable customer service skills and be excellent communicators
Working knowledge of office equipment such as multi-line phones, copiers, fax machines, and scanners
Be detail-orientated and enjoy assisting others
Basic computer proficiency
Data entry experience
Bilingual preferred, fluent in English and Spanish
High School Diploma or equivalent
U-Haul is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, provincial, state or local law. Individual accommodations are available on requests for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Information obtained during this process will only be shared on a need to know basis.
Do you want to grow with us? At DXP we are passionate about what we do and driven to be the best solution for our industrial customers. Since 1908 DXP has been dedicated to the highest quality of customer service through our expertise of the products we distribute and the technical services we perform with a sense of individual pride and company spirit. Throughout your career with DXP, we will encourage and empower you to take an active role in identifying and driving your development, so you feel total confidence in your ability to achieve ongoing success. We aspire to be the best solution for the Industrial customers' needs for MROP products and services through our Innovative Pumping Solutions, Metal Working, Supply Chain Services and Service Centers.
Responsibilities of the Receptionist/Clerk include, but are not limited to:
Answer multi-line telephone to relay incoming and interoffice calls
Greet vendors, customers, job applicants, and other visitors in a professional manner
Determine purpose of call and route all calls to appropriate personnel or department
Retrieve messages from voicemail and forward to appropriate department
Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
Qualifications of the Receptionist/Clerk include, but are not limited to:
Must have at least 2 years' experience in a professional office setting as a receptionist
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office including: Outlook, Word and Excel
Excellent phone etiquette
Multi-line telephone experience
Must be organized and able to multi-task
Must be able to work independently
Must have excellent verbal communication skills
Physical Demand: Sitting for extended periods of time
Working Conditions: Office environment
Shift Time/Overtime: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Some overtime
Education: High School Diploma or GED
DXP is always looking for individuals who want to join a team of employees who have the desire to achieve remarkable accomplishments together. The culture of the organization is supportive and goal oriented with high expectations, yet it is an environment where the team spirit inspires everyone to do their best. All DXP employees play a vital part in the organization and are treated with respect. By applying to DXP, you will have the opportunity to speak with some of the most respected professionals in the industry.
DXP offers a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 401(k), paid holidays, Life and Disability Insurance, and additional supplemental products. EOE/M/F/D/V
Who We Are: McCormack Baron Management, Inc., recognizes that successful management of any community requires a management strategy that acknowledges the unique challenges facing the neighborhood and its residents. Our staff understands the complexities of managing mixed-income housing, possesses the technical expertise to handle multi-layered compliance issues, and offers the personal touch needed to work with residents of diverse backgrounds. We manage our developments to market rate standards, and work with residents and the larger community to address the non-housing needs and issues that exist in the community. Finally, we are committed to affirmative action and to performing equal opportunity outreach to ensure that people from all walks of life have the opportunity to live in our communities.
Our Vision: We work for a future when all people live in sustainable, opportunity-rich communities.
Responsible for greeting visitors, fielding all housing inquiry calls, transferring calls, taking and relaying messages
Issuing and closing maintenance requests,
Distributing faxes and mail, and filing
Answer waiting list questions, update necessary forms as needed
Assist office staff with projects and perform other duties as assigned by the leasing manager and/or general manager
All other duties as assigned
Exceptional organization, oral, and written communication skills required.
Customer service oriented.
Experience with Word, Excel, and Outlook required along with the ability to acquire skills in other software.
Must be able to remain professionally flexible when priorities and requests change
Proven ability to handle multiple tasks.
Yardi experience preferred
We are looking for a competent Office Clerk to perform various administrative and clerical tasks to support our offices. You will undertake a variety of activities in the office ranging from filing and answering the phone to basic bookkeeping. An effective office clerk has the ability to work diligently to help maintain smooth office operations. You must be reliable and hardworking with great communication skills. The ideal candidate will also be familiar with office equipment and procedures.
- Maintain files and records so they remain updated and easily accessible
- Take minutes of meetings and dictations
- Assist in office management and organization procedures
- Monitor stocks of office supplies and report when there are shortages
- Answer the phone to take messages or redirect calls to appropriate colleagues
- Utilize office appliances such as photocopier, printers etc. and computers for word processing, spreadsheet creation etc.
- Proven experience as office clerk or other clerical position
- A fast typist with knowledge in stenography and taking dictations
- Very good knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication skills
- High school diploma
- Familiarity with office procedures and basic accounting principles
- Health Care Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
- Free Food & Snacks
- Wellness Resources
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!