Office Clerk Job Description Sample
Full-time; Temp to Perm
(NW Washington DC)
Date: 2019-06-21, 10:15 AM EDT
The Office Clerk is responsible for providing clerical and administrative support to our Executive Office. Job responsibilities include accurately and efficiently processing paperwork necessary to conduct business operations; entering data into designated information systems; ordering supplies; receiving visitors and guests; and scheduling appointments and travel.
This position requires a highly detail-oriented individual with strong clerical/administrative and software (e.g., MS Office) skills, who is professionally mature, highly motivated, and able to work effectively with internal and external partners. He/she will be responsible for maintaining the organization of the office and its documentation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Scan documents into the appropriate folder, use company standard naming conventions to label documents; maintain files and records so they remain updated and easily accessible;
- Replenish office supplies where required;
- Order office supplies and equipment;
- Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment for the office;
- Receive, sort, screen and distribute incoming and outgoing correspondence, mail, packages, special orders, etc.;
- Place calls to and respond to calls from agencies, vendors, partners, the general public, etc.; transfer calls to the appropriate parties, when appropriate;
- Enter data into designated information systems;
- Serve as initial contact for the office, interacting with a variety of internal and external individuals;
- Collect information via email from other departments within the company, agencies, vendors, partners, the general public, etc. on behalf of the office;
- Visit local post office or express carrier offices to mail letters/packages for urgent deliveries; visit retail outlets to obtain supplies/equipment for urgent matters;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Key Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- Two (2) years of experience working within a professional office environment;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, Social Media web platforms, and CRM tools;
- Candidate should be a decisive, quick study with demonstrated ability to accurately analyze information; identify/address business needs, and proactively perform necessary actions.
- Candidate should demonstrate the ability to accurately analyze and enter data.
- Candidate should have good oral/written communication and organizational skills. Attention to detail is also important. Candidate should have excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
- Candidate should have the proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Candidate should be a highly resourceful team player and have the ability to set boundaries.
- Work location: Dupont Circle;
- Working hours: 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM (with 30 minutes for lunch; 15 minute a.m. tech/exercise break; and 15 minute p.m. tech/exercise break) – Monday through Friday except company-designated holidays;
- Job status: Temporary (limited benefits). Consideration for permanent (benefits) placement could occur as early as 90 days after full-time employment begins;
- Compensation range: $14.00 to $17.00/work hour;
- Dress code: Business casual
JLM Strategic Talent Partners is seeking an Office Clerk to help out an exciting project in Douglas, AZ. This is a great opportunity to work for a leading firm in the industry. The position would be responsible for supporting the Business Department and Office Manager in various duties listed below:
- Support the business manager in clerical and administrative duties
- Assist in data entry for accounts receivable / accounts payable
- Assist in data entry and tracking of payroll
- Support the business manager in onboarding and I9 verification
- Assistance to company personnel management
- Office Experience
- Microsoft office skills (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures preferred
- Ability to learn quickly
- Associate degree or relevant certification is a plus
JLM Strategic Talent Partners is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status
Sky Zone is the world's first indoor trampoline park. We're the inventors of "fun fitness". We provide awesome, healthy, fun for people of all ages. We're also the perfect venue for birthday parties, group outings, field trips, and much more.We’re the originators of wall-to-wall aerial action, and we never stand still. We’re always working to invent epic new ways to play, gather, and compete. The only way to understand it is to come experience it. So rally your crew and let’s go!
If you love to stay active and are usually smiling, come work with us! At Sky Zone you’re not just an employee, but an essential team member, facilitating fun for our guests and enjoying yourself along the way.We are originators and leaders in providing innovative ways for people to play and live for the moment. We look for thrill-seekers who believe to jump is to be free; athletes and free spirit with no obligation to the ground. If you share our passion for active, awesome, play; then come work with us!
Our Office Clerk will provide guests information and assistance in courteous, friendly, and professional manner. Office clerk will process sales transactions and inform guests of safety policies and rules.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Greet and welcome guests
Inform guests of waiver requirements and size separation policies
Count cash in till at beginning and end of shifts ensuring that amounts are correct.
Process sales transactions
Communicate safety rules and regulations to guests
Enter data into POS system
Perform various maintenance duties including cleaning restrooms and trash removal
Other Duties as assigned
Prior cashier experience preferred
Detail oriented and able to perform repetitive tasks accurately
Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively
Capable of standing for extended periods of time
Positive, outgoing and energetic personality
Ability to consistently provide courteous and friendly service
Hard working, responsible and punctual
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!