Oiling Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Machine Operator Duties to include:
- Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Must set stops or guides to specified length as indicated by scale, rule, or template.
- Must be able to push button or depresses pedal to activate machine.
- Must observe machine operations to detect workpiece defects or machine malfunction.
- Measures workpiece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation.
- Performs minor machine maintenance such as oiling machines, dies, or workpieces.
- Must stack, mark part number, order number, number of pieces, etc., on parts or attaches identification tag, as required identification.
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- Must have ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have ability to write routine reports and possess basic math skills involving weight measurement, volume and distance.
- Must have ability to communicate effectively to supervisors and peers and work as a team member.
- Must be able to pass pre-hire assessment criteria
- Must be available to work either day shift or night shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Machine Operator (Automotive Parts) - 1St Or 2Nd Shift
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Follows process control plan instructions, and shop router to determine inspection requirements and sequence of operations.
Sets stops or guides to specified length as indicated by scale, rule, or template.
Positions workpiece against stops as indicated through operating instructions.
Pushes button, depresses pedal, or pull handle to activate machine or perform the process.
Observes machine operation to detect workpiece defects or machine malfunction.
Measures workpiece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation and out put of the operation.
Places conforming part in proper container.
Performs minor machine maintenance such as oiling machines, dies, or workpieces as indicated on operation instructions or preventive maintenance instructions..
Must be able to read, write and communicate efficiently. Bilingual is a plus+
Stops operation and notifies lead person or department leader when ever nonconforming output is suspected.
Manufacturing - Machine Operator - Plastics Machine Operator - Molding
Job Title: Operator
Location: Delano, MN
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
The employees in this position are responsible for the overall operations of the machine and the manufacturing of good quality parts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets up and operates molding machine in a safe and efficient manner.
- Able to meet scrap and production goals.
- Ensures quality of parts coming off machine.
- Reads and follows the molding process sheets, correcting any errors immediately, in writing, to their supervisor or lead person.
- Continually communicates with their lead person, maintenance, quality control and/or supervisor whenever they have questions or need assistance regarding any of the requirements of their job.
- Keeps their work area clean and organized. Places all parts to be trimmed in crates or on pallets.
- Fills out production reporting paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Communicates effectively with others.
- Keeps productive materials appropriately stocked.
- Communicates effectively with prior and subsequent shifts.
- Performs all aspects of the job in accordance with the safety standards set forth by Solar Plastics.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Shift Supervisor and/or other members of management.
(The essential duties and responsibilities will have been satisfactorily completed when the following are demonstrated) Note: This only pertains to the essential duties and responsibilities of the position and is not all inclusive of the entire performance evaluation process. Acceptable performance is based on first time quality of molded parts, machine productivity and work area cleanliness and organization.
Copier/Scanner/Fax, Computer, Phone System, Welding Equipment, Lathe and Mill Operation, Hand and Power Tools, Forklift, Ladders
- understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- understand problems, collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
- communicate with individuals face to face; requires ability to hear and speak effectively.
- express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, communicating orally with others accurately and quickly.
- orally and in writing, communicate technical information.
- add, subtract, multiply, divide and to record, balance, and check results for accuracy
- be able to see and hear 8+ hours per day.
- have visual acuity to perform activities such as running production machines, etc.
- possess good manual and finger dexterity (working with small bolts, nuts, screws, adding inserts, flushing out parts, flaming parts, etc.).
- sit, stand and walk up to 8+ hours per day.
- work at a rapid speed, twist, bend, push, pull, carry, stoop, reach and grasp 8+ hours per day for activities such as working on equipment, making repairs, etc.
- work in confined, tight spaces. Requires continuous finger movement and keyboard usage for carrying and using equipment, tools, etc. Extensive wrist movement is required.
- lift 50+ pounds, unaided on a regular basis. (hoists are available and should be used for parts and molds that exceed this weight level).
- use hand tools.(i.e, power drills, hammers, routers, etc).
- Exposed to heat, cold and potential internal temperature changes up to 8+ hours per day. Exposed to outside working environment when salvaging parts, roof and grounds work. Exposed to solvents when part cleaning, acids/corrosives when cleaning floor, dust, dirt, fumes/vapors/gases from plastics processes, ovens and propane tanks.
This position works independently 8+ hours per day and occasionally works directly with others. Must be able to work the hours/shift required. Ability to work additional hours, as needed to accommodate issues that may arise in the 24-hour operation.
This position exists in a production and shop environment, with occasional need to enter the office.
Personal Protection Equipment
- Eye safety glasses necessary to enter production area.Hearing protection must be worn when excessive noise is present on the production floor and in the shop.
Solar Plastics, LLC provides employees with a wide variety of benefits that include:
Life, AD&D & Dependent Life Insurance
Long-Term and Short-term Disability
Profit Sharing/401(k) Plan with Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Plan
Automatic Payroll Deposit Availability
Industrial Sewing Machine Operator
Georgia Expo Manufacturing is looking for a detail-oriented Sewing Machine Operator to join our growing organization. Established in 1986, Georgia Expo has had remarkable, consistent growth and continues to grow and launch new product offerings within the trade show/exhibition industry. We are the largest U.S. manufacturer of Pipe and Drape, equipment used in trade show and events (e.g. Trade Show Booths) and provide a variety of products that divide, define, and design event spaces.
As a Sewing Machine Operator you will work in the Sewing Department within a manufacturing environment. Sewing Machine Operators will operate and/or tend sewing machines to join, reinforce, decorate, or perform related sewing operations in the manufacturing of quality drape products, table skirting, and specialty items as assigned.
Areas of Responsibility :
- Monitor machine operation to detect problems such as defective stitching, breaks in thread, or machine malfunctions.
- Position items under needles, using marks on machines, clamps, templates, or cloth as guides.
- Place spools of thread, cord, or other materials on spindles, insert bobbins, and thread ends through machine guides and components.
- Guide garments or garment parts under machine needles and presser feet to sew parts together.
- Start and operate or tend machines, such as single or double needle serging and flat-bed felling machines, to automatically join, reinforce, or decorate material or articles.
- Record quantities of materials processed.
- Select supplies such as fasteners and thread, according to job requirements.
- Mount attachments, such as needles, cutting blades, or pattern plates, and adjust machine guides according to specifications.
- Cut excess material or thread from finished products.
- Fold or stretch edges or lengths of items while sewing to facilitate forming specified sections.
- Perform equipment maintenance tasks such as replacing needles, sanding rough areas of needles, or cleaning and oiling sewing machines.
- Turn knobs, screws, and dials to adjust settings of machines, according to garment styles and equipment performance.
- Assists with any other general labor tasks assigned by management.
- Match cloth pieces in correct sequences prior to sewing them, and verify that dye lots and patterns match.
- Repair or alter items by adding replacement parts or missing stitches.
- Examine and measure finished articles to verify conformance to standards, using rulers.
- Inspect garments, and examine repair tags and markings on garments to locate defects or damage, and mark errors as necessary.
Skill Requirements :
- Self-motivated and can work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy with excellent organizational & time management skills.
Experience and Education Requirements :
- 1-2 years’ experience as a Sewing Machine Operator in a Factory and/ or manufacturing / production environment required.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate) preferred, but not required.
- Hours: 8:00AM to 4:30PM
- Warehouse / Production Environment
Physical Requirements :
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
Job Type: Full-time with benefits
Located in Suwanee, GA, Georgia Expo is the largest provider of Pipe & Drape, as well as other exhibition equipment in the United States. Georgia Expo services customers throughout the United States and Canada. We sell all types of exhibition products including Pipe, Drape, Back Wall, Room Partitions, Room Dividers, Table Skirting, Stage Skirting, Expo Tables, Crowd Control Stanchions, Easels, Disposable Waste Containers, Storage Solutions and more! We are known for our outstanding quality, hard to beat prices, and exceptional customer service.
The beautiful thing about Pipe and Drape is that its uses are limited only by your imagination. Our customers range across all industries and include anyone that has an event or room to decorate, organize, or define space in. Although our dedication to being a service provider and relationship builder leads us to prefer to make long-term friends over customers, we sell to all sorts of industries:
Trade Show Decorators / Service Contracts
Party Rental Companies
Event and Wedding Planners
Catering and Reception Halls
Conventions and Civic Centers
Parks and Recreation
Colleges and Universities
Churches and Community Centers
State Fairs and Festivals
Audio Visual and Production Companies
Georgia Expo is an equal opportunity employer and Drug Free Workplace.
CNC Lathe Operator - Machine Operator
Established Troy, Michigan Tool Manufacturer needs CNC lathe operator-experienced only-
- Must be able to program, edit, and set up cnc lathe to make parts from prints
- Must have own tools, and transportation
- Manual lathe and mill experience a plus
Good wages, health care, paid vacation.
Concrete Pump Operator / Machine Operator
• Recommend measures to improve productivity/quality
• Requisition materials and supplies
• Resolve work problems
• Set up, loads and unloads machines and equipment
• Train staff in safety consciousness, and policies
• Maintains tools and equipment associated with concrete pumps mounted on trucks, platforms, or separate placing booms
• Experience as a construction worker an asset
• Good communication skills
• Great leadership ability
• Solves problems effectively
• Well organized
$16 - $20 /HR
Since 1975, Central Broward Construction is a full service commercial masonry contractor. CBC works in Dade, Broward, and West Palm Beach counties. CBC owns and operates all of our equipment.
Since its inception in 1990, Coast to Coast Forms has consistently outperformed as a provider of concrete shell building systems, delivering high quality and cost-effective workmanship. Our success comes from a steadfast commitment to the client’s vision, a culture of balance, integrity, leadership, and loyalty. Our passion for collaborative building practices can be seen in our projects that range from Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and Okeechobee Counties.
Machine Operator | Plating Machine
- Follow procedures for polishing dies, polish dies for set amount of time
- Follow procedures for nickel plaiting dies, nickel plate dies for set amount of time
- Check titration levels and perform other tests as needed
- Adjust chemical mixtures daily to yield perfect results
- Improve processes and procedures to achieve overall efficiency standards
- Clean polish and nickel tanks on a weekly basis
- Quality check of all dies to determine if they can be moved to the next step in the production process
- Keep work area clean and free of safety hazards at all time
- Communicate with all other departments to ensure customer requirements are fully met
- Any other tasks as instructed by leads, supervisors or managers
- Assist other Finishing areas when needed
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to chemical fumes or airborne particles as well as moving mechanical parts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Mostly standing and walking work. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., 40 hours per week with occasional overtime on Saturdays.
Preferred Education & Special License(s)/Certifications:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- OSHA Hazwoper 40 hour, preferred but not required.
- Prior plating experience.
Kocher+Beck USA L.P. is an equal opportunity employer.
Machine - Machine Operator
Title: Machine Operator
Primary Objectives of Position
Manufacture high quality tablets and/or capsules in an efficient and safe manner that complies with cGMPs and meets product specifications.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. High School education (HS Diploma or GED preferred)
2. Experience in food/pharmaceutical/nutraceutical processing operations, FDA regulated industry, or combination of experience, education, and training that provides the level of knowledge, skills, and experience needed to successful perform the job
3. Able to read, write, and speak in English
4. Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, rounding)
5. Detail oriented
6. Effective problem-solving skills
7. Ability to work independently and in a team environment
8. Ability to maintain a positive, professional, cooperative demeanor
9. Ability to foster productive working relationship with management, coworkers, vendors and customers
10. Ability to interpret, comply with, and support Company policies, procedures, work rules, and protocols
11. Ability to adapt effectively to workplace changes and new job duties/responsibilities
12. Ability to represent the Company in a positive and professional manner at all times
Physical Demands With or Without Accommodation
1. Ability to stand for extended periods of time (approximately 6-8 hours)
2. Ability to repeatedly bend, twist, and stoop throughout an 8-10 hour shift
3. Ability to frequently lift up to 25 kg (55 lbs.)
4. Ability to be exposed to considerable noise from machinery
5. Ability to be exposed to nutraceutical raw materials and powders
6. Ability to wear PPE as required
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Sets-up equipment for processing operations.
2. Operates two or more of the following machines and processes as trained, instructed by supervisor, and in compliance with all safety and cGMP regulations:
§ Weigh up materials
§ 10ct V blender
§ 30cf V blender
§ Bosch GKF2000
§ IMA Zanasi
§ Ultra 8
o Tablet Compression
§ XL100 Korsch
§ XL400 Korsch
§ XPRESS700 Manesty
§ Fitz Mill
§ Fitz Mill
3. Promptly reports material, process, and equipment concerns, questions, and/or problems to supervisor for proper handling
4. Completes and verifies batch record entries, equipment log books, and other relevant documentation and records
5. Monitors process and equipment, making necessary adjustments as needed or required, to maintain batch record specifications
6. Tears down machine and equipment in accordance with training, instructions by supervisor, and in compliance with all safety and cGMP regulations
7. Cleans and maintains processing rooms and equipment
8. Assists Junior Operators with paperwork and machine processes as necessary
9. Works with personnel from other departments as necessary to ensure safety and quality in production
10. Follows established department SOP's, Company cGMPs, and all instructions, whether verbal or written
11. Complies with all Company policies and procedures, including safety rules and regulations
12. Maintains a safe work environment and functions in a safe manner
13. Performs other duties, job related or otherwise, as assigned
14. Takes a 35 minute lunch within first five hours of punching in
15. Takes two 15 minute breaks – first break before lunch, second break after lunch
CNC Machine Operator / Set Up Operator
We are opening a second location and we are seeking CNC Machine Operators to join our team! You will help oversee operational activities and ensure excellent quality control.
- Set Up or Operate CNC 3, 4, 5-axis Mills, CNC Lathes, Citizen Swiss Style Screw machines, 9-axis multitasking machines
- Signing off on full measurements of first part and showing operator how to run the machine or part
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely fashion
- Provide innovative solutions to improve plant efficiency
- Previous experience in plant operations or other related fields
- Familiarity with machine tools and equipment
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Able to read print measurements
We offer full benefits with 60% of employee's premium paid by employer. We are running two facilities and at both locations we have 3 shifts available. Day shift runs from 8am-5pm, Mid shift runs from 4pm-1am, and Third Shift runs from 12am-9am. Shift differential is offered for Mid Shift and Third. We also offer a 401K program.
Machine Operator / Production Operator
Now hiring 1st and 2nd shift at $11 hr to start
The Company offers a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k), 10 paid holidays, paid vacation and personal days. Manufacture of silicone-based sealants, adhesives and lubrication products, plus PVC foam materials, for a wide range of applications.. Currently, we are experiencing growth in our PVC Foam and Silicone Sealants and Adhesives divisions. Openings exist for experienced talent for 1st and 2nd shift production opportunities.
- Experienced Mixers (5+ years’ experience)
- Machine Operators
- Packaging Operators
- Quality Control Technician (5+ years ‘experience)
- Set up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
- Test operation of machines periodically
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Maintain activity logs
- Proven experience as a machine operator
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
- Understanding of production procedures
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Physical stamina and strength 15 lbs to 40 lbs lifting
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!