Oiling Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Lead CNC Machine Set Up Operator
Must have CNC Experience
- Responsible for reading and interpreting blue prints including GD&T
- Read, write and edit programs in G-Code and other CAD/CAM software and identify areas of opportunity for program efficiency.
- Verify revision levels on method sheet, tooling sheet and router match, alerting Supervisor if discrepancies are found.
- Identify, document and dispose of scrap.
- Must setup and load material into a bar feeder/bar loader. Step through program and make offsets to complete a part to print specifications.
- Verify revision levels on router and method sheets.
- Install appropriate tooling and touch off.
- Change inserts, drill boring bars, etc. when needed and return all usable tooling to the tool crib. Recycle all Carbide tooling.
- Troubleshoot any production issue in regards to machining and getting assistance for program related issues.
- Add hydraulic oil and/or cutting fluids to the machine(s) when needed.
- Make appropriate offsets and/or speed and feed adjustments to program if needed to maintain part quality.
- Train others and share knowledge
- Obey all safety rules and stop work if continuing is unsafe or will create an unsafe condition. Report all safety concerns immediately.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Knowledge of CNC machine(s) setup
- Knowledge of inserts including wear characteristics, insert style (WNMG, VNMG, CCMT, etc), insert nose radius and grade of insert.
- Operate all aspects of the machines; (powering machines up and down, bar feed operation, restarts, faults, etc)
- Read and use calipers, micrometers and other measuring equipment
- Tooling knowledge and the ability to indentify types of tooling and tooling wear characteristics
- Programming knowledge and ability
- Excellent communication skills required
- Act with the utmost integrity, professionalism and positive attitude.
- Must be a team player.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of one (1) experience as a Conventional Machinist II or equivalent
- Basic Shop Math
- Advanced blue print reading
- Geometrical Dimensioning & Tolerance
- Experience using Calipers, Micrometers, Height Stands and Bore Gages.
- Must clearly demonstrate ability to set up multiple machines and pass an assessment prior to moving to in LG6
- Basic Valve School- 30 days
- While performing duties you may be required to stand, walk, stoop, bend, twist and/or lift up to 50 pounds throughout an entire shift. May be required to work more than 8 hours in a day or 40 hours in a week based on production needs.
- Exposed to manufacturing plant conditions and elements including but not limited to noise, dust, dirt, oil, and grease.
- PPE's will be required including safety glasses, ear plugs and/or safety shoes.
- May be required to work at different work stations as determined by business needs.
In this role, you will be required to maintain active communication with co-workers and Maintenance Technicians for quality and production related issues. When necessary, elevate these issues to management or the appropriate personnel. Maintain the shift logs and QC records for the assigned areas.
Individual must work and comply to safety working standards, practice and all environmental regulations. Must adhere to all company rules and policies.
PRIMARY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES - MACHINE OPERATOR
When assigned to the Operator position:
- $17/hour with a $.75/hour night shift differential
- Has the authority to stop the process to avoid making sub-standard product.
- Reads all SDS' and possesses thorough knowledge of all oil and chemical labeling and storage requirements.
- Operates and starts- up the machines
- Ability to identify problems and minor troubleshooting
- Delivery of materials to production floor.
- Ability to analyze, estimate workload and perform multi-tasking.
- Assist Maintenance Technicians in preventative maintenance procedures such as lubricating machinery
- Monitors processes and performs continuous image inspections and visual quality checks of the products to ensure acceptance standards are met.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ability to use material bar code scanners
- Understanding of First in, First out (FIFO)
- Be-able to follow work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Prepares documentation as required.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area 5s. Understands department workflow, processes & detailed oriented.
- Excellent communication with co-workers both verbally and with good written skills.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/ Experience
- High School Diploma or GED (General Education Development) required.
- Physical Demands
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Stand and walk for extended amounts of time;
- Use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls;
- Reach with hands and arms;
- Talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance.
- The employee must regularly lift and/ or move anywhere from 25 pounds to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to work up to 12- hour shifts
- Required to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) such as but not limited to; hard hat, respirator, gloves, eye protection, steel toe boots, etc.
Must be able to work in a construction environment. Exposure to heat, dust, and noisy conditions.
Must be able to work in a clean room environment. Exposure to heat, dust, and noisy conditions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS - MACHINE OPERATOR
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - MACHINE OPERATOR
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Work within the Metric and Standard systems of measurement.
Our business - and our approach - is personal
IntelliSource has 19 years of business process outsourcing experience – bringing innovative solutions through people, processes and technology to maximize Fortune 500 and fast-growth companies' operations and workforce management. IntelliSource has a proven track record as a trusted partner to its clients and associates - empowering businesses and people to reach their full potential.
IntelliSource is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against in any condition of employment because of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law. IntelliSource is a free service to you. We are an E-Verify Employer.
Screw Machine Operator
New exciting opportunity with great pay and benefits! Looking for a CNC Machinist to join our Genoa City team. This individual will be responsible for maintaining and operating CNC machines and will be trained in operating automatic screw machines.
Hourly Rate + Benefits + Paid Time Off
Benefits Include: Health care, dental, life insurance options, short-term disability, 401K, etc.
Education: Requires a high school education or GED, trade school a plus
Experience: 2+ years of general machining experience
1.Install and adjust cams, gears and stops to the screw machine and verify the positioning of cutting tools by using gauges and/or other instruments.
2.Stock and load the screw machine, keeping it filled with proper oil levels, cutting fluids or lube and keeping the machine free of chip build-up.
3.Operates control console checking work position at specified reference points, interprets part drawings and uses required precision inspection instruments to inspect work maintaining tolerance requirements throughout the process
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Packaging Machine Operator
The Packaging Machine Operator is responsible for setting up and operating assigned packaging machines and statistical scales to pack the optimum number of quality packages of product. A key component of PepsiCo's success, Frito-Lay has been making the very best snacks for over 80 years. Classic Lay's®, Cheetos®, and Doritos® are just a few of the products that you would help us produce in one of our manufacturing facilities. Although you will start out working for Frito-Lay, this job can open the door to career opportunities with our parent company, PepsiCo.
As a Full-Time team member, you would work between 40 and 50 hours per week and overtime may be required. We set industry standards in terms of pay and benefits. We also offer unbeatable benefits including health insurance, dental and vision, retirement savings benefits including 401(k) with company contribution, vacation days and much more.
As a Packaging Machine Operator, you can expect to be working on your feet the entirety of your shift near heavy machinery in a loud manufacturing environment. Frito-Lay manufacturing facilities are also large. While we want everyone to feel comfortable, our ability to control the temperature is limited. Indoor warehouse working conditions are impacted by seasons and the weather.
After training (a process that can last 8 to 16 weeks), here is a list of the more frequent tasks you could expect to perform:
You will set-up and operate multiple packaging machines to ensure accurate code dates, weights, and that products are put into appropriate bags.
You will check that products are dated and sealed with a minimum amount of wasted product and supplies.
You will also be responsible for ensuring that products to be packed remain clean.
You will maintain a clean and safe work area. Safety is everyone's job.
You will perform basic preventative maintenance on packaging machines such as cleaning or switching out knives and blades, pull-belts, tape machines, or rollers, depending on the need.
You will wear protective gear when using chemicals to clean and sanitize lines during changeovers from one product to another.
You will inspect conveyors and scales prior to line start-ups & changeovers.
You will troubleshoot commonplace problems and make operational adjustments.
Packaging Machine Operators work with every product that Frito-Lay produces, which means you should consider the potential allergens we work with: dairy, wheat, soy, garlic, salt, and particular oils (e.g. sunflower). You should also keep in mind that we make popular spicy snacks, like Flamin' Hot Cheetos®.
Please take a moment to ensure that you meet the minimum requirements for this position:
You are at least 18 years of age or older
You will be required to work on weekends, holidays as well as off shift
You are mechanically inclined and can think that way. Having at least 1 year of machine operator experience in a high-speed manufacturing environment would be a good indicator to our hiring team.
It's a physical job: you are able to lift 50 lbs from floor to waist (e.g. a twin-size mattress) with or without a reasonable accommodation
You have basic math skills and can read and write in English
You are able to stand and walk for extended periods of time with or without a reasonable accommodation
You are able to climb, bend, reach, stoop, kneel, and stretch for extended periods with or without a reasonable accommodation
You are able to repeatedly lift, carry, push, pull, and handle products with or without a reasonable accommodation
You are willing and able to work at heights using ladders or lifts to access areas of the plant
People often ask what kind of characteristics will make them successful in this position. Do you think you have what it takes to perform at our level? Here is an idea of what our managers are looking for:
Good Communicator: you will be interacting with various co-workers, from junior employees to leadership.
Problem Solving: our business depends on us keeping packaging machines operating. You tackle commonplace mechanical issues with machinery and quickly come up with a "plan B" when needed, such as during a changeover or starting a new line.
Efficient: you prioritize tasks while multitasking. For example, you might be changing film on one line as a second line breaks down; meanwhile, a packer is shutting off a line which will require your attention; it is at this point when a manager approaches you and asks how things are going.
Leadership: we trust you to help make sure that everything is going smoothly. You will coach packers and processing operators by providing courteous support and feedback.
Tech Savvy: Frito-Lay is an industry leader when it comes to smart automated technology and tracking production and inventory. Having a comfort level learning new technology will help you thrive in our performance based culture.
High Integrity: mistakes can lead to food safety and regulatory issues which is why all Frito-Lay employees are forthcoming and transparent about mistakes.
Does this sound like you? Join nearly 55,000 other Frito-Lay associates across the country that work hard to bring you the snacks you love and submit your application today.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo (Frito Lay) is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disability/Protected Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Technical Machine Operator
Royal is a diverse manufacturer of injection molding, urethane foam and assemblies. We serve the automotive, furniture, and consumer products industries. Royal is growing and we are looking for talented individuals who want to make a difference!
We offer great benefits including:
- No Sunday work
- Quarterly bonuses based on profitability
- Ownership in the company through our ESOP plan (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Outstanding health and dental insurance
Responsibilities will include:
- Working in a fast pace manufacturing environment
- Ability to read, understand, and follow operator instructions
- Basic troubleshooting responsibilities
- Through training…
- Performing setup work on injection molding machines. This includes cleaning of molding machines and associated equipment, fine-tuning and adjustment of machines according to part being produced and color changes.
- Setting up auxiliary equipment during changeovers. This includes air tools, date stamps, conveyors, etc.
- Cleaning hoppers and grinder, purging old material
People who succeed at Royal are those who share the values of our company: Integrity. Stewardship. Teamwork. Hard work. Excellence.
We're committed to being the employer of choice. Our goal is to build a culture of commitment where everyone is respected and valued. Where everyone participates. Where everyone matters. We give our employees the responsibility -- and the authority -- to make decisions. We try to provide the best possible work environment. We encourage creativity. We applaud ingenuity. We reward problem solving.
And we recognize that we are only a part of our employees' lives. Our culture embraces the family. We celebrate accomplishments -- both inside the workplace and out. We aim to replicate the family structure on the manufacturing floor by establishing work teams committed to one another -- and to our customers.
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply today! Royal offers a competitive wage and benefit package - including quarterly bonuses based on profitability, outstanding health insurance, ownership in the company through our ESOP (retirement) plan, and much more.
Pay Rate: $22/Hour
Schedule: 3rd shift
Standard Background Check
Targeted Start: ASAP
Production Technician – Level C is responsible to help support the operational effectiveness of Fiber Production. S/he will operate production equipment, maintain tooling and equipment, transfer consumable materials from inventory to production, and support in special projects as required. The Level C Technician will work directly with the Team Leader to ensure operational goals and objectives are either met or exceeded.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate 3D printers
- Operate plastic extruder
- Install tooling and initiate fiber production when a line needs to be started.
- Enter process information into production computer.
- Alter consumable materials.
- Monitor operational equipment.
- 3 years experience with heavy machinery
- Can work on your feet and multi-task through different projects and assignments
- Good vision
- Can lift 50+ lbs 2-3 times per shift
- Strong attention to detail
- Parameter recording and data recording experience
- Comfortable wearing PPE and working around heated surfaces
- USMC MOS 63XX, 64XX,06XX,2871
- All Electronics Technician Navy Enlisted Classifications
- Army MOS 94F 15N
- Air Force 2A5X3
- Technical skills: ability to set up test equipment as defined by a documented Test Procedure.
Please send your resume in a Word or PDF format for immediate consideration.
Machine Operator (All Shifts)
Machine Operator (All Shifts)
Since 1939, Legg has manufactured quality conveyor belts for the industrial and agricultural sectors- help us continue the tradition of excellence!
The Press Operator along with Plant 1 Press Lead or Shift Supervisor make up the normal two man crew required to operate the presses that vulcanize the uncured rubber coated fabric, in a timed heat pressure cure, to produce conveyor belting.
Responsibilities will include compliance to safety procedures for machine operation and ensuring all the press and tooling safety devices are properly used.
The Operator must follow all the production schedule instructions, the proper press operational procedures and the production order Bill of Material requirements. Operator must have the ability to read measuring tools, drive a fork lift and complete all the required paperwork. Candidate attributes will include a strong attention to detail to ensure production of a high quality product.
Calendering is the first step in our Production process and has the most influence on the cost of our products. Continuous improvement is a must for all personnel in this area.
Change over for calender machines and identification of the most effective way to keep the machines running at all times.
Operation of machines and immediate reporting of any problems or issues to your Department Head or Supervisor using the proper channels and methods of communication.
To complete daily production reporting accurately. This includes all reports relating to Productivity, QC Holds, Material Usage, Material Movements, etc.
Follow all safety, corporate, and internal policies and procedures and requesting clarification from Department Head or Supervisor when necessary.
Daily contribution to the continuous improvement of yourself, your department, and your company as a whole. This can relate to increasing your knowledge on work orders, products, and processes.
Contributing to your work area by improving Safety, Quality, Productivity, the cost of our products, etc. Proactively getting involved in trainings both internally and externally. Candidate attributes will include a strong attention to detail to ensure production of a high quality product.
Available Shifts (specific openings will be discussed during the interview process, * indicates eligibility for applicable shift differential):
1st 6:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Monday
2nd * 2:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. Monday
3rd * 11:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m. Monday
4th 6:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday
5th * 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 a.m. Monday
6th * 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Friday / Saturday / Sunday
7th * 6 p.m. – 6 a.m. Friday / Saturday / Sunday
HS Diploma or GED
Basic computer skills
Ability to read and follow instructions & checklists written in Standard English
Ability to work occasional overtime
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
1+ year of manufacturing or production experience
Standing (for sustained periods of time), kneeling, crouching, reaching. This position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds (infrequent).
Subject to both indoor and outdoor environmental conditions, proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, and exposure to high heat.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply.
If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.
What we offer
Take advantage of a wide variety of benefits on Day 1, including:
401(k) with 6% match (100% immediate vesting)
The ContiTech division develops, manufactures and markets environmentally friendly, multi-material smart industrial and service solutions that make mining, railway engineering, the automotive industry and other important industries safer and more convenient.
Machine Operator Blow Molding
By following our instincts and our passion for the outdoor lifestyle, Hemisphere Design Works has merged with another great company and lands us one of North America’s largest lines of all-season recreational products. We specialize in making water vessels that run on HUMAN POWER!
Each product is made to deliver performance, value, and ease of use that allows our customers to take control on the water and live out their outdoor adventures.
Will you be the HUMAN POWER that FUELS the production of high-quality water vessels that exceed our customers’ expectations?
DIRECT HIRE STARTING POSITION PAY:
- C Operator ($16+) 1-3 years machine operator experience
- B Operator ($18+) 3-5 years machine operator experience
- A Operator ($20+) 5 + years machine operator experience
1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts available. Shift premium provided to off shifts.
Blow Molding machine operators will work under the direction of the production senior lead/supervisor to ensure that the company produces the highest quality products safely and efficiently. The blow molding machine operator will be responsible for operating, setting up, troubleshooting, and maintaining machines throughout the shift.
- Set up and operate blow molding machine to mold plastic products according to specifications: Turn valves to start flow of water and release air pressure to machine.
- Moves machine controls to set timing unit and temperature of heating unit and start automatic feed mechanism.
- Adjust machine mandrel and align mandrel with mold chamber, using wrenches.
- Start molding machine that automatically feeds material from mixing unit to mandrel and to mold chamber.
- Closes chamber to mold product under heat and pressure.
- Regrind excess material and unsatisfactory product for reuse, using grinding machine.
- May weigh completed work-piece to determine accuracy of machine operation.
- All candidates who have received a written offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre employment drug screening and a pre employment background check which will determine eligibility for employment
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Monitor/Assess performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Strong communication skills
- Critical Thinking- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Reading Comprehension- Understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Manage one's own time and the time of others.
- Repair machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Opportunity for growth! Our supportive teams are dedicated to professional development and offer many opportunities to expand your knowledge, allowing you to advance during your career with us!
- Medical -with access to MedNow 24/7 Virtual Care- Dental, and Vision Plans
- 401 K with employer match
- Positive-Friendly Culture with a casual dress code
Machine Operator - Night Shift 8 Pm To 8 Am
This position is for Pactiv, a company of Reynolds Group Holding Inc.
Position Title: Machine Operator – Thermoforming
The Operator Associate is responsible for supporting the efficient operation of production lines within the department. They will provide coverage at the Operator level and should be able to cover multiple lines for short periods of time in order to cover for breaks or call-ins.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.46 to $17.00/hour. Staring pay based on prior experience
Consistently and safely operates machines at or above standard levels of operation including waste, quality, efficiency and utilization.
Basic machine troubleshooting.
Able to inspect and recognize defective product and make machine adjustments to correct cause of defects.
Observes all housekeeping, standard work, food safety, and personal safety guidelines.
1-3 years manufacturing, warehousing, automotive, diesel, experience; highly preferred.
Ability to work nights (8:00pm to 8:00am) Prior history of working nights, is a plus.
Ability to successful pass hair follicle drug screen.
Ability to stand, walk, bend and stoop throughout shift.
Ability to lift and carry 30 pounds for ten feet.
Ability to work overtime, as needed.
Authorized to work in the United States.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Applicants with physical or mental disability, who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process, may request assistance by calling us at (847) 482-4320 or faxing us at (847) 615-6409. Please indicate, in your call or on your fax, that you need assistance. "IND1P" #ZR
Overview: As the manufacturer of Dart® and Solo® brand products, Dart Container is an industry leading single-use food and beverage packaging company. With 15,000 employees and 40+ locations worldwide, Dart offers more than 4,000 products used every day in restaurants, hospitals, schools and homes around the globe.
Benefits: Dart Container full-time employees enjoy great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company matching contributions, paid vacation, paid holidays, short-term disability, tuition assistance, product discounts and more.
Read and review daily production schedule.
Complete daily reports including cycle time, daily production, scrap tickets and packaging report.
Monitor cycle rates and machine productivity to ensure production schedules are met.
Communicate to supervisor any problems and concerns and work as a team member to resolve issues.
Responsible for quality of product on line, packaging only finished product that meets predetermined standards and at predetermined rates.
Maintain quality and speed by continual adjustment of gauges that control temperature, pressure, trim, rolls and speed to material.
Monitor machine for mechanical problems.
Initiate troubleshooting and solve mechanical problems.
Perform general preventive maintenance on equipment.
Notify supervisor and/or maintenance of need for repair assistance if unable to repair.
Ensure accessory machines and lines are filled with product to ensure production continuation.
Ensure that adequate packaging materials and rolls (if applicable) are available for production runs.
Core Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must possess all of the following:
Math skills to include addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
Demonstration of minimum proficiency with the English language in order to ensure effective new hire training and on-going communications about safety and quality issues
Preferred skills and qualifications:
Machine Operator experience.
Basic computer skills.
Dart Container is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!