Operating Engineer Job Description Sample
Our Client is seeking Operating Engineers for its site near Thousand Oaks, CA. Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4 years of utility plant experience and hold an EPA 608 Universal Refrigerate License. This role will be responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of the central utilities, to include, start-up, normal operation, monitoring, and shut down, troubleshoot, preventative maintenance, and repair work of utility systems/equipment. This Resource will also monitor and control the utility systems through computer terminals on building automation systems (BAS) and similar computer based controls systems.
- The daily operation and maintenance of the central utilities, to include, start-up, normal operation, monitoring, and shut down, troubleshoot, preventative maintenance, and repair work of utility systems/equipment.
- Monitor and control the utility systems through computer terminals on building automation systems (BAS) and similar computer based controls systems
- Review and ensure that operational log paperwork, daily log files, and other documentation are completed with accurate information.
- Ensure all work must be completed in accordance with CFRs, cGMPs, SOPs, and company policies and standards.
- Maintain an up to date cGMP training record
- Perform tasks in accordance with planning and scheduling
- Perform various "Housekeeping" activities. (i.e. keeping work areas clean, cleaning of equipment etc.)
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must possess or be willing to obtain a Steam Engineer license within 6 months
- EPA 608 Universal Refrigerate handling certification within 6 months
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience in the operation and maintenance of a large scale utility plant including boilers, reverse osmosis units, chillers, steam boilers, cooling towers, chilled water distribution, compressed air, chemical treatment systems, diesel generators, stand-by power generation, and electrical power distribution
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time and lift 50 pounds
- Basic organizational skills and the ability to effectively communicate thoughts and ideas through verbal and written form
- Ability to work assigned shifts to provide 24-hour coverage, 7 days a week, and support on-call coverage as assigned
- Ability to work with computer based controls
- Ability to read and understand technical material including operating manuals and standard engineering drawings is required.
- Ability to complete GMP documentation and follow applicable standard operating procedures
- Experience working with in a GMP environment is preferred. Competencies/
In order to be considered for this opportunity, all qualified candidates must pass drug testing and criminal background checks.
Monument Realty - Washington, DC
Job Description CHIEF ENGINEER
Responsible for the technical operations of the facility maintenance group. The Chief Engineer will supervise 1 to 3 maintenance personnel and various outside contractors. This individual will also ensure that facility maintenance services are being provided in a proper and cost effective manner.
- Directs the daily activities of maintenance personnel outside contractors
- Oversees plant maintenance, operations activities. Supports renovations
- Ensures the proper operation and full utilization of the Preventive Maintenance Program
- Ensures that maintenance work orders are completed in a timely manner. Presides at weekly scheduling meetings, reconciles the maintenance requirements of individual areas so facility maintenance needs are met.
- Ensures that all work performed under his/her supervision is done in a timely and cost effective manner according to the applicable codes and is of quality workmanship
- Assists the Property Manager with cost savings procedures and formation of budgets and reports
- Ensures that all facilities under his/her responsibility are safe and comply with all Federal, State and Local Laws
- Ensures environmental procedures and issues are being implemented through the direction of the customers environmental specialist representative. Direct the daily activities of all service providers and the outside contractors
- Ensures all parking lots, walkways, fire hydrants, etc. will be cleared of snow and other debris to ensure safe and easy access into and exiting facilities Review and interpret tenant MEP construction documents. Prime objectives include but are not limited to: HVAC and electrical design load checks, confirmation of proper ventilation rates, optimization of air distribution, ensuring conformance with base building design and approval of supplemental equipment tie ins.
- Ensure all new MEP construction work meets or exceeds the contract specifications and industry standards.
- Perform MEP commissioning including functional testing, performance verification and the confirmation of the correct sequences of operation.
- Assist multiple Construction Managers with the review of Requests for Information, Field Orders and Change Orders.
- Perform the role of the Landlord’s MEP expert in the field and in meetings.
- Review MEP design submissions, submittals, field reports, balancing reports.
- Perform frequent monitoring of base building construction activities and materials delivered to the site
- Interact with Architects, Engineers, Contractors and Equipment Suppliers.
- Develop and maintain a Quality Assurance program for each major development project.
- Administer independent punch lists and/or non-conformance reports. Maintain records of project close-out activities, including MEP equipment acceptance.
- Assist in establishing a documented preventative maintenance program for new building systems. Assist in the development of new construction record files consisting of operations and maintenance manuals, submittals, blueprints (tenant and base building) and other pertinent documents.
- Provide expertise in improving the operating and energy efficiency of MEP systems, including the oversight of retrofit projects
Manage engineering documentation and revise operating procedures as needed
Provide training to building engineers and building technicians
Troubleshoot and correct HVAC, and engineering problems throughout the building
Knowledge of Pneumatics and DDC Systems
Perform water treatment testing and analysis on all open and closed water systems
Available 24/7 for emergency calls by cell phone
Handle personnel issues in a confidential and professional manner
Maintain critical spare parts inventories and purchase materials for the engineering department
Possesses HVAC Universal license
Ability to effectively communicate to property management, Engineering Manager, tenants and subordinates
Ability to develop and manage the facility operation's budget
Type: Full-timeJob Type:
Required experience: 4-10 years
- Assist in the technical training and upgrading of skills of less qualified staff.
- Pursue employee development objectives recommended by the Engineering Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Minimum of 7 years of operational experience required with 3 years at a supervisory level or equivalent experience and responsibility preferred.
- Accredited technical school, military, or college certification in HVAC and/or Operating Engineering Technologies and/or equivalent job related training and experience required.
- Licensing/Professional Credentials desired:
- Licensed Operating Engineer- Md. 1st Grade or DC 3rd Class
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) or ability to obtain certification
- Certification in System(s) Commissioning
- Advanced HVAC Certifications and/or License(s).
- Skilled in MEP system design and construction document review.
- Must have Quality Assurance and Commissioning experience for the following MEP disciplines: HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Energy Management and Fire Alarm/Fire Protection.
- Continuing education in field.
- Advanced computer skills – Building Automation Systems, Microsoft Windows, Excel and Outlook knowledge.
- Strong technical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to organize and coordinate self directed work efficiently, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with OSHA, NEC, NFPA, IMC and life safety codes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact effectively at all levels
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach and use arms to perform tasks.
- Regularly required to talk, hear and occasionally required to taste and smell.
- Frequently required to sit, stoop, crouch, kneel, crawl, balance and climb stairs and ladders.
- Frequently required to work in “hard hat” areas under construction requiring PPE.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, and occasionally required to lift/move 50+ pounds.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
- Involves movement between departments, buildings, and floors to facilitate work.
For two decades, bold, innovative, and smart have defined our approach as a best-in-class real estate developer and owner.
Operating Engineer II
Overview Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national research university and the state of New Jersey’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher education. Established in 1766 and celebrating a milestone 250th anniversary in 2016, the university is the eighth oldest higher education institution in the United States. More than 67,000 students and 22,000 faculty and staff learn, work, and serve the public at Rutgers locations across New Jersey and around the world. ## Posting Summary Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is seeking an Operating Engineer II for the Department of University Facilities and Capital Planning. Under the direction of the Manager of Engineering is responsible for the safe operation of Cogeneration power and heating Plants and auxiliary equipment entrusted to their care.
Assists in the operation, maintenance and repair of boilers, turbines, motors, pumps, compressors, blowers, valves and other auxiliary equipment.
Operates the Power Plant at maximum efficiency to ensure minimal energy consumption.
Periodically conducts comprehensive tests, takes readings and maintains logs of fuel consumption, water conditions, pressures, temperatures, steam flow and other readings.
Adds chemicals to treat steam, water, and fuel in accordance with requirements prescribed.
Benefits Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at:
http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview ## Minimum Education and Experience * A minimum of three (3) years of experience in the operation and maintenance of stationary steam boilers, chillers, turbines, generators and auxiliary equipment of a high pressure Power Plant.
- New Jersey Blue Seal License. Applicants may substitute a New Jersey Red Seal Engineer’s license for one (1) of the required years of experience.
- The worker is trained in the use of Personal Protective Equipment that is made available as needed, neoprene, insulated, waterproof, electrical and other types of gloves, neoprene aprons, full face masks and goggles for eyes protection, hearing protection, hard hats, coveralls, etc.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Standing, walking, reaching with hands and arms, using hands to handle, feel and finger in order is isolate, open and close valves: to lift ladders, climb and balance on stationary and mobile ladder; to hear audible alarms and communicate via various media (telephone, walkie-talkie, radio, and annunciator panels).
The job requires moving a 55-gallon drum or picking up a ladder.
This position requires the individual to perform tasks under wet or humid conditions and in extreme heat when working on boilers or pumps in all areas where there may also be fumes or smoke.
The worker encounters caustic or toxic chemicals when working on chemical treating equipment (water chemistry).
Stack climbing requires balance and work in high precarious places.
Work on high or low voltage electrical systems.
Exposure to vibrations may occur when working on or around moving mechanical equipment.
The worker is trained in the use of Personal Protective Equipment that is made available. Recruitment/Posting Title: Operating Engineer II
Job Category:* Staff & Executive
Department:* Institutional Planning & Ops
Position Status:* Full Time
Daily Work Shift:* Rotating
Grade:* 2350 Annual Minimum Salary: 27.790 Annual Mid Range Salary: 28.290 Annual Maximum Salary: 29.140 Standard Hours: 40.00 Union Description: IUOE, Local 68 Payroll Designation: PeopleSoft
Terms of Appointment:* Staff
- 12 month
Position Pension Eligibility:* PERS
Posting Number:* 18ST0642 Regional Campus: Rutgers Biomedical and Health Sciences (RBHS)
Home Location Campus:* Newark (RBHS)
Responsible for operating and maintaining all equipment related to the production of high pressure (175 psig) steam, including but not limited to boilers, pumps, water treatment equipment, meters, controls, etc.
Duties include equipment operation, preventive maintenance, repairs, monitoring plant operation, system startups and shutdowns, etc. Qualifications
NIULPE Engineer's License or City of Pittsburgh Stationary Engineer's License required.
Prior experience in boiler operation and maintenance is required.
May in the course of their duties be in rooms where medications are stored. No contact with medications is allowed. Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
Act 34 Criminal Clearance UPMC is an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities REQNUMBER: 648518
115014BR Position Title
OPERATING ENGINEER Market
Bon Secours Richmond
MEMORIAL REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER Department
VA Job Specs
MEMORIAL REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
POSITION SUMMARY Monitors, operates, repairs and maintains all mechanical, hydraulic, vacuum, pneumatic, electrical and plumbing physical plant equipment.
JOB REQUIREMENTS 1. Work requires an advanced level of technical knowledge of the operation and maintenance of plumbing systems, electrical systems, boilers, pumps, condensers, chillers and air conditioning unit’s equivalent to that which is normally acquired through two (2) years of technical training and two (2) years of progressively more responsible experience in an apprenticeship program or elsewhere. 2.
Work requires a comprehensive knowledge used within assigned area normally acquired during one (1) to two (2) years’ experience in a commercial or industrial plant. 3. Requires attention to detail while monitoring pressure and temperature gauges.
FT Shift (check all that apply)
Schedule 7:00 AM – 3:00 PM Weekends?
By Profession Support Services At Bon Secours, we believe in Right Relationships and as an organization we are fully committed to equal employment opportunity. In keeping with federal, state and local laws, Bon Secours Health System, Inc. policy forbids employees and associates to discriminate against anyone based on race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Bon Secours also provides reasonable accommodations to disabled employees and applicants as required by law.
Operating Engineer (Weekend).
Operating Engineer (Weekend). About Anheuser-Busch Budweiser. Bud Light. Stella Artois. Over 19 billion dollar brands, to be exact. But there’s more to us than a portfolio of top notch brands. We are a company built on a dream. We have a vision that we share with our wholesalers, retailers, consumers and partners. We want to brew great beers that can not only be enjoyed responsibly but which are also created with a low impact on the environment. We are a company of go-getters dedicated to providing unparalleled quality and results.We take pride in our work, regardless of the task or department.Over 160 years, we’ve grown to operate 15 breweries, 17 distributorships and 23 agricultural packaging facilities across the United States. And our
Brewmasters still taste every batch made at every brewery before being packaged and sent to market. We are a company that believes our people are our greatest asset. We believe in the spirit of ownership because our employees take results personally and want to build something great together. We value talented employees who aren’t afraid to be bold, resourceful, and committed. At Anheuser-Busch, it’s not about what you studied or where you worked, it’s about what you can do. If you see yourself working for a company that allows you to excel at the pace of your talent, then a career at Anheuser-Busch may be for you. Want to learn more? Visit us at anheuser-busch.com/careers. As the leading global brewer, Anheuser-Busch InBev is committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. It's this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Description * Responsible for process management, basic maintenance tasks, lubrication, housekeeping and sanitation
Document and respond to all activities that occur during shift of responsibility
Respond to customer department requests for assistance with Utility system optimization and/or isolation
The position involves shift work on weekends and working in a quality, food-processing environment
Preferred welding experience of stainless steel
Experience working with valves, doing plumbing and pipefitting
Experience working with Heat exchangers
High school diploma or GED required
Applicant must have basic computer skills
Applicant must have a positive work attitude and be self-motivated
Demonstrated ability to operate in a team oriented environment
Must be available 3 out of 4 weekends per month and available any shift
Primary Location United States-California-Van Nuys-Los Angeles Brewery
Req ID 17016768
Operating Engineer - 60009581
Requisition No: 27096 Agency: Children and Families Working Title: OPERATING ENGINEER - 60009581 Position Number: 60009581 Salary: $828.11 - $911.01 Posting Closing Date: 02/18/2018 Operating Engineer Description:
This is work assisting in the operation and preventive maintenance of steam or hot water heating and/or air conditioning plants and related equipment on an assigned shift.
- A valid Florida Driver’s License is required. Major Duties and
Check the prior shift’s operations report to determine what specific problems were encountered and if repairs are necessary.
Monitor Operating Engineer’s duties on shift.
Make rounds of heating plant, checking the gauges and instrument panel every two hours and logs the reading in the operations report. Checks the alarm bell and warning lights to ensure proper operation.
Monitor boilers by checking the temperature and pressure of the operating system, checking burning flame of the boilers and stack emissions periodically during shift.
Blows down generators to remove dissolved solids. Performs chemical tests on water samples by detecting the color changes of the water samples during test procedures. Add chemicals to keep systems within specified limits.
Inspects, removes, cleans and repairs boiler burner tips. If burner tip’s flame is out, take immediate action to re-ignite and manually reset entire system. Assists in servicing generators by removing heads, tube bundles, replacing or repairing leaking tubes and inspecting all seals, gaskets and connections.
Service air compressors by changing oil and lubricating bearings.
Inspect 3 water softeners and determine degree of softness through pH tests. Perform chemical treatment of cooling towers at Building 12 & 13.
Monitor the regenerating of water softness. Check water gauge and adds make-up water to maintain required level.
Monitor and log amount of natural gas to each of the three (3) HTHW boilers. Take gas inventory at the beginning of shift. Service cooling tower and induced drafts fans in each of the 3 boilers.
Start 3116/125 caterpillar emergency electrical generator and check performance. Perform routine service. Performs all general maintenance in heating plant such as painting, plumbing, & routine carpentry repairs/work and servicing miscellaneous equipment.
Assists with the cleaning of boiler fire boxes of accumulated residue. This is accomplished by having to enter into a confined space through an opening 16” diameter and 16” long. To enter back of the boiler the entry is 14”x16” and 12” long.
Perform related duties as required. + NOTE: All responses proved to the qualifying questions for the vacancy advertisement must be verifiable on your State of Florida, Employment Application.
This position requires a level II security background check and participation in direct deposit. Note: you will be required to provide your Social Security Number (SSN) to conduct this background check.
Male applicants born on or after October 1, 1962, will not be eligible for hire or promotion unless they are registered with the Selective Services System (SSS) before their 26th birthday, or have a Letter of Registration Exemption from the SSS. For more information, please visit the SSS website:http://www.sss.gov.
If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current retirement benefits may be cancelled, suspended or deemed ineligible depending upon the date of your retirement.
The successful candidate will be required to complete the Form I-9 and that information will be verified using the E-Verify system. E-Verify is operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration to verify employment eligibility.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace. Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation. The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace.
All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act. VETERANS’ PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply.
Candidates claiming Veterans’ Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements are available by clickinghere. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement. Nearest Major Market:Jacksonville
Operating Engineer And Power Plant Mechanic
Operating Engineer and Power Plant Mechanic
Requisition ID: 17027521
Location(s): United States-Maryland-Baltimore
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Travel: No Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Operating Engineer/ Power Plant Mechanic to join its Facilities Maintenance Team in Linthicum, Maryland.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Operating Engineer/Power Plan Mechanic will operate and maintain the power plant and all associated equipment.Regulate a variety of controls to monitor andadjust equipment to meet fluctuating operation conditions. 99. Receive work assignments from management, verify information and materials and report discrepancies to management.
Must possess a first grade engineer's state license and provide evidence of practical work experience in the operation and maintenance of plant boilers and all associated equipment. 99.
Operate and maintain boilers, pumps, air compressors and any other equipment related to the operation of the Power Plant/Boiler Room. 99. Take daily water samples and run tests on samples as directed by the Water Treatment Co. and add chemicals to maintain specific water chemical content for boilers, HVAC and all associated equipment. 99.
Check and record daily readings on various specified meters and recorders, compile readings into reports as required.
Make periodic checks of all meters and gauges and make necessary adjustments to maintain proper equipment operation. 99. Prepare all boilers for state inspection as required.
Maintain records and reports of all inspections. 99.
Conduct air/water quality tests as required and maintain records to conform to EPA laws and regulations. 99.
Operate and maintain electric/electronic controls and computers for Power Plant/Boiler Room operation. 99.
Operate emergency generator in the event of a power failure to provide emergency power to boilers and other related equipment. 99. Monitor chiller operation and water temperatures and report problems to management or HVACR mechanics. 99. Work along with contractors or vendors to accomplish the goals set forth by management.
Contact suppliers or equipment manufacturers to obtain information on the repair, replacement or maintenance of all related equipment. 99. Utilize the SAP system to maintain records on equipment preventative maintenance and repairs. 99. Maintain equipment and work areas in a clean and orderly condition.
Follow all Northrop Grumman safety rules and regulations including but not limited to lock out / tag out, confined space entry, wearing steel toe shoes and other safe practices and personal protective equipment to ensure a safe working environment for all employees. This is an IBEW Union represented position. MSBALTECM
-High School Degree/GED. -Must have First Grade Stationary Engineers License. - Practical work experience in the operation and maintenance of plant boilers and all associated equipment. -US Citizenship required.
None. Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title:Operating Engineer and Power Plant Mechanic
Building Hvac Maintenance Tech - Data Center - Operating Engineer
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Possess strong knowledge of construction practices and equipment installations
- Possess a thorough knowledge of mechanical, electrical, BAS and fire life safety systems
- Possess a good understanding of critical and non-critical facility standards and processes to include change management, method of procedures, work order systems and management, safety/hazard awareness, risk, and environmental assessments.
- Possess a strong knowledge of all engineering management processes and will work within those processes as consistently as possible.
- Possess thorough knowledge and understanding of the policies and procedures for corporate properties and engineering.
- Knowledge of municipal and Federal regulations related maintenance operations and environmental requirements
- Ability to utilize PC software including word processing, spreadsheets, and PM programs
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a related position or equivalent experience.
Responsible for the day to day maintenance, repair, and operations within the critical and non-critical facilities. Must possess a strong ability to act independently and make critical decisions as required. Candidate will achieve successful results by both the successful execution of preventative maintenance program, and the ability to respond to unplanned or emergency repair situations. The candidate will possess the ability to identify and resolve engineering related items for the facilities. Must be able to provide detailed direction and assistance to third-party vendors who are hired to assist with the maintenance, installation, and repair functions.
- Responsible for the support of all activities related to the engineering group and their critical support functions. Develop, manage, implement and document all preventative maintenance (PM) programs for all critical and non-critical operation to include water treatment, plumbing, electrical, and HVAC
- Responsible for insuring the timely and consistent delivery of all day to day services to maintain consistent and quality operations.
- Performed the outlined maintenance programs as directed by the Chief Engineer and or Engineering Manager.
- Document all PM activities as outlined by the written PM program
- Perform on call and after hours support functions
- Thorough knowledge of advanced plant operations and/or repairs for a wide variety of support systems including HVAC, pneumatic/DDC controls, and electrical plant operation.
- Develop effective working relationship with internal customers within the facility
- Respond to emergency repair needs consistent with the procedures developed and implemented by the Engineering management team. Understand and demonstrate the ability to communicate with all levels of the Engineering group at the time of the emergency
- Ability to perform advanced plant operations and/or repairs for a wide variety of support systems including HVAC, refrigeration, pneumatic/DC controls, and electrical.
- Assist the Chief Engineer and /or Engineering Manager with the development of specifications for tasks contracted out to third party.
On behalf of its clients, the company provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. As of September 30, 2016, its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.7 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas. As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business. Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do. Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers.
We are: * A "best company to work for' in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong * World's Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years * America's 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine * #1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com. Information Security Statement Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm's corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm's information technology are expected to follow the firm's guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL's commitment to equal opportunity.
Union Operating Engineer
Union Operating Engineer
Milford, Michigan, United States at https://cbre.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/33225/other-jobs-matching/location-only Requisition #
18000285 JOB SUMMARY Requires City of Dearborn or Detroit High Pressure Boiler Operator's License. Knowledge of water distribution/chemistry systems a plus. Utilizes advanced skills to perform complex preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, vehicles, equipment and grounds.
Working under limited supervision, monitors building system operations and performance. Utilizes several trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety.
Inspects building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, and plumbing to ensure operation of equipment is within design capabilities and achieves environmental conditions prescribed by client. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES Oversees and inspects the work performed by outside contractors. Contracted work includes landscaping, snow removal, remodeling, HVAC, plumbers, and cleaning.
Performs assigned repairs, emergency and preventive maintenance. Completes maintenance and repair records as required. Reviews assigned work orders.
Estimates time and materials needed to complete repair. Orders necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks. Maintains an energy management program to ensure measures are taken to operate all systems in the most efficient manner to keep operating costs at a minimum.
Maintains the building lighting system, including element and ballast repairs or replacements. Performs welding, carpentry, furniture assembly and locksmith tasks as needed. Responds quickly to emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed.
Performs other duties as assigned. No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance and/or training to coworkers.
May coordinate work and assign tasks. At CBRE, you are empowered to take your career path into your own hands.
Enjoy workplace flexibility in a global organization with tremendous scale.
Work in an inclusive and collaborative environment with supportive teammates. Come experience the employee advantage at CBRE. CBRE has a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law. As a Fortune 500 worldwide leader in real estate services, CBRE’s more than 70,000 professionals provide exceptional outcomes for clients in 60+ countries. When it comes to real estate, CBRE sees potential everywhere.
We turn scale into strength, expense into performance, and property into prosperity. Visit CBRE.com at http://www.cbre.com/ . With a network across the globe, our Asset Services professionals leverage global best practices and real-time data to improve building operational performance. Our team collaborates across a complete spectrum of integrated services to help our clients achieve optimal asset and portfolio management.
We strategically position assets in the most diverse markets, through the most challenging market conditions—making significant investments each year in our service platform to deliver cutting-edge solutions. Continuing education helps our employees advance their industry knowledge, allowing us to attract and retain top talent. And, we employ the highest industry standards in all of our processes to ensure regulatory compliance, consistency and service excellence.
City of Dearborn or Detroit Boiler Operator License Required EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of five years of related experience and/or trade school training. CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES Universal CFC certification is required.
Ex COMMUNICATION SKILLS Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor.
Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees. Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
FINANCIAL KNOWLEDGE Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situation where only limited standardization exists. Requires intermediate analytical skills. OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES Uses personal computer and / or PDA for work order system, email, ESS and training.
Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook. Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking, climbing stairs / ladders and ability to lift / carry heavy loads of 50 lbs. or more. Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
US Company Profile About CBRE (NYSE: CBG): At CBRE, you are empowered to take your career path into your own hands.
Enjoy workplace flexibility in a global organization with tremendous scale.
Work in an inclusive and collaborative environment with supportive teammates. Come experience the employee advantage at CBRE.
CBRE has a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law. As a Fortune 500 worldwide leader in real estate services, CBRE’s more than 70,000 professionals provide exceptional outcomes for clients in 60+ countries. When it comes to real estate, CBRE sees potential everywhere.
We turn scale into strength, expense into performance, and property into prosperity. Visit CBRE.com.
Canada Profile About CBRE (NYSE: CBG): At CBRE, you are empowered to take your career path into your own hands.
Enjoy workplace flexibility in a global organization with tremendous scale. Come experience the employee advantage at CBRE.
CBRE Limited is an equal opportunity employer who welcomes and encourages applications from all persons regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, family status, gender identity or expression, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, provincial or territorial law.
Accommodations are available on request for all candidates at any time. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact CBRE Human Resources at email@example.com mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone1-866-388-4346. As a leader in real estate services, CBRE's professionals provide exceptional outcomes for clients in 60+ countries. Visit www.cbre.ca
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!