Operating Engineer Apprentice Job Description Sample
Apprentice Power Engineer - GAP
JOB SUMMARY: The Apprentice Power Engineer as part of our GAP (Graduate Apprenticeship Program) is responsible for performing engineering activities in the field under the supervision of the Engineering Manager, Project Manager and/or General Manager. This includes technical and engineering support of field work, and office work performing design and generating reports. The Apprentice Power Engineer will be assigned to experienced engineers for extensive on-the-job training with the intent to develop the necessary skills to become an industry leading power engineer and the ability to lead projects both in the office and in the field.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to be an effective power engineer. Focused training efforts under the guidance of senior engineers may be required to gain full competency in these duties. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop the skills to provide technical capabilities for testing relays, circuit breakers, transformers, motor control equipment, and related switchgear in the field, including synch check, point-to-point
- In conjunction with the oversight of senior engineers, develop skills to support the sales effort assisting with estimates and job walks when necessary
- Remain current on all safety and technical training
- Perform updates to client electrical drawings including one lines, wiring diagrams, and schematics - to the extent that familiarity with AutoCAD is desirable.
- Collect field data and perform arc flash studies, coordination studies and short circuit analysis (load flow analysis, grounding & lightning protection studies, infrared scans, etc.)
- Develop the skills to provide technical insight with regard to substation systems and electrical power systems
- Adhere to all company, industry and client safety protocols and standards
- Assess project specific resource needs and coordinate assignments with project manager. Communicate core technical job requirements.
- Support immediate supervisor on planning and organizing workload to ensure the most effective return on assets
- Initiate plans and processes which minimize project costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, and materials. Assure attainment of business objectives and production schedules while ensuring product standards that will exceed our customer's expectations.
- Coordinate with the Engineering Project Manager on the master engineering resource schedule as well as forecasting upcoming engineering requirements/needs including non-job related training schedules
- Learn to oversee projects from start to finish for compliance with Company standard practices and procedures
- Manage expenses against project budgets and make recommendations to reduce expenses.
- Coordinate proper project handoff between sales and operations/engineering.
- Participate in Project Kickoff meetings to discuss in detail work scope, project specifications, budgets, schedules, and safety requirements with project team
- Effectively communicate with other departments to assure activities are properly coordinated.
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing for all engineering projects by providing all paperwork in a like manner; these include Service Acknowledgement Forms (SAFs), weekly time keeping, documentation of change orders, test reports, and other documents as required by the project deliverables.
- Consult and coordinate as necessary to utilize suppliers with the capabilities to meet material and equipment needs for shop and field activities. Responsible for expediting and resolving issues regarding material and equipment availability.
- Oversee all required documentation and records related to assigned projects on file in the proper location for reference and backup.
- Adaptability: Shows resilience in the face of changing circumstances and shifting priorities; works well under stress and pressure and is not easily discouraged. A great amount of learning is on the job with experienced co-workers and managers, handling criticism is essential to employee growth.
- Acumen: Work effectively with company and customer organizational structures and builds alliance with people at all organizational levels. Establishes and prioritizes goals and objectives on a project and personal level. Anticipates the reactions and positions of others accurately; involves the right people and resources at the right time. Directs and manages projects on time and on budget to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Customer Satisfaction: Builds productive relationships with customers in order to build customer loyalty. Able to identify or anticipate customer needs. Keeps commitments to customers and regularly sets standards to exceed expectations. Encourages and uses customer feedback to improve services. Adheres to customer required policies and procedures.
- Critical Thinking: Examines information, facts, and data, and draws logical conclusions from available information. Thinks under pressure and acts prudently concerning the safety of others.
- Organizing and Planning: Effectively manages multiple priorities and properly identifies issues requiring immediate attention from those that are less urgent. Develops project plans, orders resources and materials, holds job kick off meetings, and is able to identify changes in work scopes. Submits all required paperwork and time sheets to promote proper project control, customer deliverables, and proper billing.
- Dedication: Sets high personal and professional standards; takes the initiative regarding job functions and responsibilities; able to stick to a task or pursue a goal over the long-term.
- Communication: Communicates effectively one to one, and in small groups. Employee is able to articulate complex thoughts clearly, effectively and in a professional manner. Provide written reports for customer submittals, and project status for management. Effectively and consistently communicate all scheduling weekly and schedule changes immediately.
- Collaboration: Works effectively with others in order to achieve meaningful results and maintains positive working relationships. Actively participates in solving problems, making decisions, completing tasks and accomplishing goals.
- Mechanically Inclined: Hands-on and willingly gets "hands dirty" in substation and power plant/manufacturing environments.
The position is considered to have light physical demands that require the incumbent to communicate orally, hear at a conversational level and perform job tasks requiring the use of a telephone, fax, and computer.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to perform keying functions, grasp and pinch to write. The employee will frequently (34-66% of the workday) be required to sit, walk and stand. Occasionally (6-33% of the workday), the employee will be required to bend, twist/turn, reach out, lift/carry and push and pull. The employee infrequently (2-5% of the workday) will be required to squat/kneel and climb. The employee is required to infrequently (2-5% of the workday) lift and carry up to 21-50 pounds and will frequently (34-66% of the workday) be required to lift and carry 11 to 20 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly subject to various job site environments. The flooring is mostly concrete, tile or wood. The temperatures at the customer locations can vary between 20-100 degrees. The use of safety equipment can include safety shoes and glasses, hard hat and other job specific personal protective equipment. The noise level of the work environment can vary from low to high (requiring hearing protection). Travel requirements will make it necessary to drive a car (day and/or night) and at times travel by air. This position can require up to 80% travel - particularly where the element of the on-site training is involved.
- Experience: Prefer any related experience in power, but will train
- Reasoning Development: Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form; deal with problems involving several concrete variables.
- Mathematical Development: Ability to add, subtract, and divide all units of measure. Able to perform computations involving power.
- Language Development: Ability to read company manuals and reports, workplace rules and procedures; speak with poise and confidence, using correct English.
- Work authorization: US citizen or green card
- Education: BSEE, prefer study emphasis in power, EIT a plus.
Chief Operating Engineer
- Maintain, operate and inspect building systems including fire alarms, HVAC, plumbing and electrical in keeping with industry practice, manufacturer recommendations and Engineering Standard Operating Procedures. Hands on application +50% of time.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date inventory of all equipment, tools and supplies applicable to the maintenance of the property.
- Obtain bids or proposals for equipment maintenance contracts, repair work and capital projects. Review submittals with Property Manager, and other personnel as necessary. Make recommendations for scope of work and contractor selection.
- Assist Property Manager in the preparation of annual budget, particularly in the areas of building systems, repair and maintenance, service contracts, utilities and capital projects.
- When applicable, assist in preparation of monthly variance reports.
- Special projects as directed by Property Manager.
- Research and make recommendations to Property Manager for more cost-effective and efficient methods of operating and maintaining building systems
- Respond quickly to building emergencies.
- No direct supervisory responsibilities. Indirect reports include Apprentice Engineer, Utility Engineer and Day Porter.
- Evaluate and make recommendations to Property Manager regarding the quality of work performed by contractors and vendors. Also review and approve maintenance and repair invoices for payment.
- Assist Property Manager in the hiring, mentoring and termination of engineering and janitorial staff.
- 5+ years of related experience in office building operations.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Basic computer skills, particularly with Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with City of Los Angeles Building & Safety Codes and South Coast Air Quality Management District Rules.
- Appropriate professional or vocation certifications to work on building systems including mechanical, HVAC, life/safety or electrical systems.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and make decisions.
- Projects a professional image by meeting all dress code standards. Uniform to be provided.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and professional demeanor interacting with building management, tenants and vendors. Team player attitude.
This is a condensed job summary. Full job description available.
Apprentice Engineer -Union
Apprentice Engineer -Union
San Jose, California, United States
Requisition # 18004679
We are seeking
an Apprentice Building Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will have aptitude
in operations and maintenance of facilities. The individual must have a background in HVAC, electrical, controls,
mechanical, and plumbing/piping systems; work in a team environment; and
provide excellent customer service. As
part of our team you will help support a campus environment with more than 8M
square feet and fifty buildings. The
campus supports technology lab space, office space, and data centers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (supervised as
Assist Stationary Engineer, assistant chief engineer and
chief engineer with various mechanical, electrical and plumbing maintenance and
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE
Cleaning and Repairs on registers and radiators
Clean air vents, registers, and radiators
Replace, repair, and cleaning of light fixtures
Replacing ceiling tiles
Maintenance of toilet facilities
Maintenance of door hardware
Minor repairs of furniture and floors
Maintenance painting of back areas and equipment rooms
Replacing air filters
Cleaning of engineering areas
Miscellaneous handyman work
Replacing fire extinguishers
Hanging framed objects
High school diploma or equivalent trade school, special courses in building maintenance.
2-3 years’ experience doing general maintenance work, preferably in commercial environment.
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Proficient computer skills
Valid driver’s license
Must be a team player committed to working in a quality environment.
Attention to details
Aptitude for trouble shooting
Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
Ability to read and comprehend technical manuals and instructions
Attend 4 year apprenticeship school
Ability to identify abnormal situations and conditions and elevate to supervisors for resolution
Ability to access, use, and update computerized maintenance management system
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications
US Company Profile
About CBRE (NYSE: CBG): At CBRE, you are empowered to take your career path into your own hands.
Enjoy workplace flexibility in a global organization with tremendous scale. Work in an inclusive and collaborative environment with supportive teammates. Come experience the employee advantage at CBRE.
CBRE has a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
As a Fortune 500 worldwide leader in real estate services, CBRE’s more than 70,000 professionals provide exceptional outcomes for clients in 60+ countries. When it comes to real estate, CBRE sees potential everywhere.
We turn scale into strength, expense into performance, and property into prosperity. Visit CBRE.com.
About CBRE (NYSE: CBG): At CBRE, you are empowered to take your career path into your own hands.
Enjoy workplace flexibility in a global organization with tremendous scale. Come experience the employee advantage at CBRE.
CBRE Limited is an equal opportunity employer who welcomes and encourages applications from all persons regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, family status, gender identity or expression, disability or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, provincial or territorial law. Accommodations are available on request for all candidates at any time. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact CBRE Human Resources at mailto: or via telephone1-.
As a leader in real estate services, CBRE's professionals provide exceptional outcomes for clients in 60+ countries. Visit
IBM Systems Software Engineer Apprentice
Job Description IBM's Tech Re-Entry Program develops talented technical professionals who are looking to restart their careers after an absence from the workforce of two years or more. This paid 12-week apprenticeship enables participants to work on projects that match their expertise, interests, and abilities and could lead to full-time employment.
Just as an apprenticeship offers a guided period of exploration, the IBM STEM Re-Entry Apprenticeship Program provides participants with an opportunity to update their skills in a work environment that may have significantly changed since their last experience. Apprentices will have access to the latest tools and technologies available and work alongside a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and business professionals to hone their expertise and focus on the next generation of IBM Storage Products. The program will also provide the opportunity to experience the breadth of IBM resources while developing new relationships. An apprenticeship position is available for
IBM Systems team in Tucson, AZ. This posting is for a Software Developer position at IBM that will work on design and development activities for IBM Storage System. Key development activities may include code design, development and unit/functional test in the area of code/firmware on a Unix based Operating System focusing on embedded programming, communication protocols, host application software support, and user-interfaces.
The Software Development Engineer intern will join a team consisting of many disciplines to deliver high quality storage products. Additionally, as a software developer intern, this person will work directly with clients to understand their needs and requirements, and ensure the product we deliver meets or exceeds their expectations. Furthermore, this person must be able to prioritize his/her tasks and clearly communicate status to his/her team and management.
You’ll work in an Agile, collaborative environment to understand requirements, design, code and test innovative applications, and support those applications for our highly valued customers. This is a high performing team with a thirst for challenges. We are reinventing the product to satisfy the needs of clients worldwide as the marketplace expands to adopt newer and faster technologies In order to qualify for this apprenticeship, applicant must have been out of the work force for a minimum of 2 years
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
C/C++ programming (3 years)
Software Design and Architecture (3 years)
AIX (1 years)
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience 5 + years of experience with c/c++ programming.
EO Statement IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Apprentice & Intern Engineer - Part Time
We’re looking for geniuses. Dreamers. Inventors. Innovators. People with the will to get stuff done.
Doers who’ll rip an idea out of thin air. Make it a reality. Own it.
And amaze their peers. Sound like you? Welcome home.
As an apprentice, you will be a member of the Hy-Vee solution delivery scrum teams following an agile delivery cadence. Your primary focus is to help us build solutions that solve real problems for our customers. We are looking for people who can not only be great individual contributors, but also pair program to learn from other engineers.
Hy-Vee, Inc. is an employee-owned grocery store chain with more than 240 retail stores and over 80,000 employees. With sales of more than $9 billion, Hy-Vee ranks among the top 25 supermarket chains and the top 50 private companies in the United States. Its slogan, "A Helpful Smile in Every Aisle," expresses the foundation of the company’s operating philosophy. Web: https://innovate.hy-vee.com
Our Client is seeking Operating Engineers for its site near Thousand Oaks, CA. Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 4 years of utility plant experience and hold an EPA 608 Universal Refrigerate License. This role will be responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of the central utilities, to include, start-up, normal operation, monitoring, and shut down, troubleshoot, preventative maintenance, and repair work of utility systems/equipment. This Resource will also monitor and control the utility systems through computer terminals on building automation systems (BAS) and similar computer based controls systems.
- The daily operation and maintenance of the central utilities, to include, start-up, normal operation, monitoring, and shut down, troubleshoot, preventative maintenance, and repair work of utility systems/equipment.
- Monitor and control the utility systems through computer terminals on building automation systems (BAS) and similar computer based controls systems
- Review and ensure that operational log paperwork, daily log files, and other documentation are completed with accurate information.
- Ensure all work must be completed in accordance with CFRs, cGMPs, SOPs, and company policies and standards.
- Maintain an up to date cGMP training record
- Perform tasks in accordance with planning and scheduling
- Perform various "Housekeeping" activities. (i.e. keeping work areas clean, cleaning of equipment etc.)
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must possess or be willing to obtain a Steam Engineer license within 6 months
- EPA 608 Universal Refrigerate handling certification within 6 months
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience in the operation and maintenance of a large scale utility plant including boilers, reverse osmosis units, chillers, steam boilers, cooling towers, chilled water distribution, compressed air, chemical treatment systems, diesel generators, stand-by power generation, and electrical power distribution
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time and lift 50 pounds
- Basic organizational skills and the ability to effectively communicate thoughts and ideas through verbal and written form
- Ability to work assigned shifts to provide 24-hour coverage, 7 days a week, and support on-call coverage as assigned
- Ability to work with computer based controls
- Ability to read and understand technical material including operating manuals and standard engineering drawings is required.
- Ability to complete GMP documentation and follow applicable standard operating procedures
- Experience working with in a GMP environment is preferred. Competencies/
In order to be considered for this opportunity, all qualified candidates must pass drug testing and criminal background checks.
Junior Apprentice Engineer
Vistronix is a national security solutions provider specializing in transforming big and complex data sets into mission critical intelligence. Ingesting, processing, and exploiting Big Data is at the core of everything we do: Cyber & SIGINT Operations, C4ISR & Multi-INT Processing, and Enterprise & Open Source Analysis. As a national security middleweight, we have a passion for our customers' mission and value ingenuity, agility, speed, and the ability to think and deliver at scale. For more information, visit www.vistronix.com. ASRC Federal
Vistronix is currently seeking an Apprentice Engineer for a role on one of our subcontracts. This full time position affords the successful candidate the opportunity to work in an engaging, high-tech development environment, working with an excellent team and customer base. This position involves writing code for a framework that processes streaming analytics. Tasks include:
Design, develop, unit/integration test, and build software code to provide new functionality and extend/modify existing code; using object-oriented methodologies
Write and implement code using real-time streaming software frameworks
Write and implement code to interact with object-relational, as well as NoSQL distributed databases
Write Linux Ruby and Bash based scripts for code integration and cron jobs
Leverage Gradle and Jenkins as continuous integration tools
Manage code using Git and the Atlassian tool suite (JIRA Agile, FishEye/Crucible, and Confluence
Ensure that code integrates with external hardware/software systems
- Prepare code documentation. Required Labor Category
+ 0 - 2 years' experience in the development, engineering, interfacing, integration of hardware and software systems to include an understanding of requirements elicitation, analysis and functional allocation, concepts of operation, interface standards, and system architectures.
Basic understanding of Object Oriented and Structured development methodologies and languages.
Developing documentation required to support a program's technical issues and training situations. Job Specific Required:
Minimum of 2 years of practical experience with a combination of C++, Java, and/or Ruby Software Development Language
Software development on a Linux operating system
Experience with event driven and streaming capabilities (e.g., Heron, Streams, Spark, etc.) and with message transports (e.g., Active MQ, ZeroMQ, Kafka, NATS, Open DDS, etc.)
Experience interfacing with and developing REST web interfaces
Network protocols (HTTP, TCP, SSH, SSL, FTP, etc.) Job Specific Desired:
Experience with common data formats and ability to convert different encoded data formats (e.g., XML, JSON., YAML, etc.)
Experience with RDBMS or distributed NoSQL Database system (e.g., MongoDB, Redis, Memcached, ZooKeeper, Elasticsearch, Etcd, Accumulo, etc.)
Familiar with Shell Scripting and Ansible
Have a working knowledge of cloud computing platforms (e.g., AWS)
Experience with resource management tools (e.g., Kubernetes, Mesos, etc.) as well as containerization technologies (e.g.,Docker) This position requires an active Security Clearance. Positions require a Top Secret security clearance, based on current background investigation (SBI), as well as the favorable completion of polygraph. Clearance and polygraph processing will be completed by the U.S. Government. ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law. External Job Title: Junior Apprentice Engineer ID: 2017-5918
Apprentice Software Engineer
This is a temporary role, an approximate time span of 90 days, with potential to grow into a permanent position. MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES 70% - Delivery & Execution: Collaborates and pairs with other product team members (UX, engineering, and product management) to create secure, reliable, scalable software solutions Configures commercial off the shelf solutions to align with evolving business needs Creates automation scripts for both infrastructure and test cases 10% - Support & Enablement:
Fields questions from other product teams or support teams Monitors tools and participates in conversations to encourage collaboration across product teams Provides application support for software running in production 20% - Learning: Participates in learning activities around modern software design and development core practices (communities of practice) Proactively views articles, tutorials, and videos to learn about new technologies and best practices being used within other technology organizations Reviews and discusses code from more senior engineers to understand best practices and design patterns NATURE AND SCOPE Typically reports to the Software Engineer Manager or Sr. Manager. ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS Environment:
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable. Travel: Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must be eighteen years of age or older. Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications: Must be legally permitted to work in the United States Experience in an object oriented programming language (preferably Java) Education Required: The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 0 years Physical
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances Interpersonal Savvy:
Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people Manages Ambiguity: Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear Nimble Learning: Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder Self-Development:
Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels Situational Adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Chief Operating Engineer
ABM, a leading provider of integrated facility solutions, is looking for a Chief Operating Engineer.
The Chief Engineer is responsible for all engineering operations including mechanical and electrical maintenance. The Chief Engineer is under the general direction of building management and the ABM Facility Manager.
ABM is an EOE/AA (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)JB.0.00.LN
Stationary Engineer, Operating Engineer
Responsible for the overall supervision of the engineering department within the facility assigned. These duties include but are not limited to the installation, repair and maintenance of the facility equipment. The oversight and upkeep of the physical plant, including grounds, utility services, HVAC, plumbing, electrical system, electronic equipment, yard and pavement upkeep in the best manner possible for the safety and health of all concerned, and to coordinate these activities as needed.
Responsible for the implementation and documentation of site safety plans and all Able Engineering Services operational standards and guidelines as well as site specific standards, policies and procedures relating to the engineering department.
REPRESENTATIVE FUNCTIONS OR DUTIES:
Provides supervision and is responsible for the implementation of all preventative maintenance and repair operations at the facility. Schedules emergency repair activities according to priority and the abilities of assigned personnel. Provides technical support in such areas as electric systems, mechanical systems, hydraulic systems, and safety procedures. Perform equipment inspections, noting equipment condition, insuring that proper maintenance is being performed in accordance with AES standards. Responsible for the implementation of the quality assurance program for all work performed by the department.
Optimize the repair and maintenance of HVAC, electrical and plumbing equipment and systems. Use and help provide best practices to troubleshoot and repair equipment and system problems so that problems are resolved in the most efficient and effective manner.
Direct or participate in various facility programs and committees relating to assigned responsibilities such as safety, disaster, fire, pollution control and civil defense.
Formulates, recommends and implements site specific polices and procedures to improve the facility physical plant and operations.
Develops a plan and/or procedure for controlling, labeling, recording estimated life expectancy, maintenance and inspecting all capital and non‐capital equipment within the facility. This plan includes a long term engineering capital plan.
Recommends equipment purchases to replace obsolete equipment items and provide assistance in formulating long‐range equipment replacement requirements and coordinates actions with contractors.
Assist in the development and implementation of operating and extraordinary expense budgets as required.
Plans and schedules services of department. Establishes standards and work methods; takes steps to assure quality and quantity of performance, and evaluates results. Establishes plans for improving departmental work emphasizing efficiency and economy.
Ensure that general safety, fire prevention regulations are enforced, and safe working habits are promoted throughout the facility. Ensure that all shop equipment is properly maintained and conforms to safety standards. Promote good housekeeping principles and supervises housekeeping details.
Responsible for ensuring that the building systems are operated in the most efficient and effective manner especially as it relates to utility consumption and environmental responsibility. Implement a systematic program to promote energy awareness and conservation within the facility. Champion energy conservation programs to achieve maximum results from tenants and staff.
Maintain an on‐going self‐improvement program to keep abreast of new equipment, standards, codes, and maintenance procedures.
Responsible for the implementation and promotion of the following:
Supports and follows Able Engineering Services operational policies and standards.
Supports and follows Able Engineering Services safety program.
Perform related duties as required – a “can do, will do” attitude.
Reports to and collaborates with management of the facility related issues.
Works with management on plant related and tenant related issues.
Sets and maintains a professional work environment with staff.
Assures good communication
Ensure standards of service and commitment
Ensure compliance with safe practices and standards
Develops goals for department, staff and self.
Builds morale and a team approach.
Complies with employment laws and Able Engineering Services employment practices.
Supports growth opportunities and potential.
SKILLS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
Experience that is commensurate with the specific facility for the position of Engineer Prefer 5+ years progressive operations experience.
Strong employee relation skills, coaching skills and training skills.
As required, highest-level relevant state/local license for stationary engineer and/or HVAC plus universal level refrigerant recovery license. Minnimum 3rd class stationary engineer liscence from State of Ohio.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Ability to work with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Computer skills and building automation systems experience required.
Working knowledge of energy conservation required, formal training preferred.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!