Operations Manager Job Description Sample
Store Manager - Operations Manager
- Generous Compensation Plan $90k / yr Minimum to Start
- Unlimited Earnings Potential Based on Store Performance
- Work/Personal Life Balance
- Making a Positive Difference in Your Community
- Partnering with a Proven Retail Company that Supports Operators
Grocery Outlet is a family oriented, rapidly growing grocery retailer with 250+ stores. We offer amazing bargains on brand name merchandise with prices up to 50% less than conventional retailers. We are the largest “extreme-value” grocer in the U.S., with locations in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, and Pennsylvania. Most stores are independently operated by locally based families.
As we continue our rapid growth, Grocery Outlet is looking for grocery professionals who are seeking more than ‘compliance and execution’ retail. Most of our teams are husbands and wives, this is a great opportunity for couples who have significant grocery management or equivalent retail operations experience!
What you should LOVE to do:
- Delivering exceptional customer service
- Growing sales and controlling costs
- Identifying, hiring and training talent
- Merchandising and selling
- Being an integral part of your local community
- Working hard in an autonomous environment
Experience and skills required:
- Minimum of 5 years of Retail Store Management Experience required (Grocery chain preferred)
- Experience managing P&L statements
- Willingness to Relocate
- Computer & Basic Financial/Accounting Skills
To be contacted, please Apply Now.
Our buyers shop the world, traveling thousands of miles each year to find the best deals available. They have developed long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with thousands of producers and manufacturers over the years. Grocery Outlet buyers are experts at buying product opportunistically; that is, product outside the normal retail channel, i.e. packaging changes, product overruns, and surplus inventories, to bring the best bargains back to our stores.
The third generation of the Read family is now running the business, with 280+ independently operated stores in California, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Pennsylvania, and Washington. Grocery Outlet stores are located in cities large and small, and serve all kinds of neighborhoods. Most stores are independently operated by locally-based families.
We are truly a family business.
Operations Asst Manager/ Operations Manager
This position is for local residents only. Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available. The Operation Asst.
Manager or Operations Manager oversees all station s import/export, air/ocean, warehouse, and brokerage operation. Ensures sufficient staffing and training. Acts as an advocate bridge between management and staff. 1.Plan, direct and monitor district s air/ocean, import/export, and warehouse operations. 2.Coordinate air/ocean import/export operations with carriers schedules. 3.Manage warehouse activities with warehouse employees. 4.Ensure freight and documentation is properly and completely handled. 5.Manage fulfillment for all compliance requirements (security, TSA, government requirement such as AES, ISF etc.) 6.Support management in training and supervising Operations staff. 7.Monitor department activities closely with field sales staff in order to respond promptly and meet customers needs. 8.Work closely with accounting department to properly credit and bill account payables and receivables. 9.Assign workload duties to department and staff. 10.Maintain up-to-date records on tariff/contract rates provided by carriers (airlines, oceanic, inland/interstate trucking, etc). 11.Perform other duties as assigned by District Manager
B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited college or university. Minimum A.A. degree combined with an increased amount of industry/company experience may be substituted. A high school diploma may be considered as long as the candidate shows extensive history in industry management and administration.
Minimum of four years experience in freight forwarding industry with half of that total in a functional supervisory role. Proven experience in similar transportation industry-related companies. Must be able to identify problems, suggest and implement corrective actions.
Verbal and written communication skills. Attention to detail, deadline-oriented, dependable, persistence, time management, independent, documentation skills, scheduling and reporting skills. Proven ability to communicate effectively with clients and vendors.
Desktop Support Manager / IT Operations Manager / Service Desk Manager
Position: Operations Manager Location:
Atlanta, GA Duration: FTE/Perm with HCL America Inc Level: E3 Customer:
Cox communications Years of relevant experience:12+ Rate/Salary: $DOE per annum as a base plus HCL America Inc full time benefits Description: EUC Tower Manager • ITIL v3 Foundation Certified • Oversight and monitoring of the critical path milestones for transition / transformation • Provide direction to the outsourcers and other resources in relation to transition / transformation • Assist customer in allocating proper resources to various tasks• • Review tower related proposed solutions before the review and approval from senior management • Weekly review of
Store Manager Operations Manager
Do you want to “Fuel Your Career”? Do you have experience managing high volume operations in Retail, Restaurants, Travel Stop or Convenience, Big Box, Grocery, or Department Store? Do you have a proven track record of successful operations, providing exceptional customer service, and training and development? Love’s Retail Managers promote sales growth, ensure their teams are well trained, exhibit and coach outstanding customer service, demonstrate a high sense of urgency, maintain a clean and safe facility, and ALWAYS do what’s right for our employees.
Consider joining our team if you:
- Prefer a hands-on and fast-paced work environment
- Understand the importance of excellent customer service
- Are looking for a challenging and rewarding career
- Seek advancement opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Lead by example and take initiative
- Are willing to relocate to other cities and/or states for advancement opportunities
- 2+ years retail, restaurant, travel stop or c-store, big box, grocery, or department store management experience
- 2+ years experience managing operations with an annual sales volume of $2+ million
- 2+ years experience effecting and deciphering budgets and P&L statements
- 2+ years experience supervising and training 5-10 employees
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs on a regular basis
- Intermediate level PC skills including MS Outlook, MS Word, and MS Excel
- Competitive Salary
- Quarterly Bonus
- Love’s Shares Profit Sharing
- 401 (K) Savings Plan
- Group Health Plan including Life Insurance
- Dental Benefits
Love’s continues to grow at a rate of 20+ new stores per year throughout the US. Our growth equals expanding advancement opportunities for our employees. Love’s is currently ranked #7 on Forbes Magazine’s annual listing of America’s largest privately held companies. Whether Corporate, Retail, Restaurant, or Tire Care;we offer you the opportunity to be the PILOT of your own career. Fuel your career!
Job Function(s): Retail
Operations Manager - Manager In Training
We are seeking multiple Operations Management - Manager in Training for a well established and growing client at their 1 year old facility near Baytown, TX!
We look forward to speaking with you!
Here is what the Hiring Manager is looking for: COLLEGE DEGREE AND BILINGUAL (E/SP) REQUIRED
- No working experience required...you can have it, or not.
- This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor with a company that has been in business for over 160 years.
- This company does not have a history of lay-offs and downsizing....instead, they keep growing and offering long term stability and career advancements.
- Be very flexible on future relocation possibilities to other sites and countries for projects, training, or longer term assignments
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) REQUIRED!
- Must have a hands on mentality. You would be learning what they do by doing it from the ground up. (i.e. driving a forklift, folding boxes, re-stacking pallets, so on & so forth)
- Analytical, able to analyze data and present solutions and an action plan for implementation or change.
- Excel skills are important. If you do not know what a pivot table is and how to use it, you’ll have a lot of catching up to do.
- This is not a 9 to 5 position, but it is a road map into a management position over time.
- Be flexible because any promotions depends on your personal development and progress.
Manufacturing Manager / Operations Manager
Our Client Company is the leader in their industry world-wide. They design and manufacture products for the construction / building materials industry. They are currently hiring a Manufacturing Manager for their plant in the Champaign, IL area. This person can expect to receive promotion within the corporation within 2 -3 years and will immediately begin to be groomed and mentored for this. The corporation has continued to grow steadily each year and they are now heavily involved in succession planning for their future leaders. This position manages the main portion of the plant and is a more strategic position with project development and execution, developing future plans for the plant, helping to drive continuous improvement, employee development, etc. This person will manage Supervisors on all three shifts who in turn oversee the hourly employees (non-union). This person will also manage 2 Manufacturing Engineers.
Position Profile: Manufacturing Manager
Function: Manufacturing Operations
The Manufacturing Manager will lead their business unit in developing and executing manufacturing processes to achieve shared objectives across the facility. This role will measure safety, quality, delivery and cost performance while leveraging data to drive continuous improvement efforts for their respective business unit. In addition, the Manufacturing Manager is responsible for driving results through efficiency gains, balancing capacity to demand, managing labor, and developing and leading a diverse team.
· Develop and execute strategies for safety quality, delivery and cost initiatives for respective business unit
· Champion a high commitment and performance culture by actively communicating the company's vision, mission and values
· Champion a Zero Injury Mission through demonstrated commitment to the Always Aware program, site specific safety plans and targeted company initiatives
· Establish, improve, sustain and report KPI performance; leverage data to prioritize actions and drive continuous improvement
· Drive customer satisfaction through strict adherence to product specifications, open communication, and timely follow-up
· Develop and manage business unit operating budget; ensure achievement of financial objectives
· Identify and implement measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
· Recruit, manage and continuously develop the business unit leadership team, engineering, quality and other support staff to achieve departmental and plant objectives
· Interpret and enforce company policies, rules, and safety regulations and quality methods to supervisors and employees
· Analyze and resolve work related issues/problems/complaints, and/or assist production supervisors in solving work related issues/problems/complaints
· Plans and aligns; plans and prioritizes work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
· Communicate effectively; develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
· Instills trust; gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
· Build effective teams and drive engagement; build strong teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals; creates a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization win
· Drives result; consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances
· Ensures accountability; holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
· Interpersonal Savvy; relates comfortably and builds relationships with people across levels, functions, culture and geography
· Decision Quality; makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information
Education & Experience
· BS in Engineering, Business or a related required; advanced degree or professional manufacturing certification(s) preferred
· 7+ years leadership experience with a large manufacturing organization
· Proven track record of building a team, managing change, streamlining processes and driving safety, quality, delivery and cost improvements
· Strong working knowledge and application of lean manufacturing principles; furniture industry experience preferred
· Strong analytical, problem solving, delegation, and conflict resolution skills.
· Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
Position reports to Director of Operations.
Service Manager / Operations Manager
We are a 40 year Plumbing & septic Company seeking a Service Manager / Operations Manager to become an integral part of our team! You will coordinate and oversee the organization's daily operations.
Top Pay & Profit sharing available for the right canidate
- Manage and improve operational practices
- Allocate resources and materials to meet project deadlines
- Provide daily operations oversight for outside teams
- Formalize policies and procedures in accordance to HR regulations
- Interact & dispatch Technicians
- Customer Service
- Estimating & Bidding
- Previous experience in operations in Plumbing or AC Trades
- Strong project management skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong sales skills
Property Manager / Operations Manager - Entry Level
Solutions for Real Estate (S4RE) is a mid-sized real estate brokerage managing approximately 500 residential and commercial units. We serve the smaller investor who wishes to diversify his or her investments through real estate. We strive to treat our 130+ investors and owners with honesty and integrity and are transparent with all aspects in dealing with their investment.
We are in search of an entry-level, motivated, self starting individual who wishes to start a career in Property Manager to oversee day to day operations. S4RE will be asking applicants to take a quick test to see if you have the attributes needed to fill the position. This person must be organized and have the ability to handle multiple on-going issues and projects, be a clear communicator to our investors, subcontractors, tenants, agents and fellow office staff keeping the correct group in the loop, be able to develop and maintain positive relations with Vendors and Residents, be a self-motivated, detail oriented individual who is confident enough to take over projects, and provide clear and concise follow-up to owners, tenants, sub-contractors and our leasing agents with a sense of urgency.
If you are a current agent and have a strong interest in learning real estate investing, please apply. If this describes you and you are interested in being a part of a fast paced, technology forward office, send your resume and salary requirements, along with a brief paragraph on why you might love a career in property management.
Our areas of expertise include:
Help buyer find their dream home
Help sellers to maximize their proceeds from the sale of a home
Residential property management
Commercial real estate and property management
Educate investors of best practices to obtain their financial goals
Identifying investment opportunities
Operations Manager With Project Manager For A Home Builder Experience
Manager of Installation Operations, Processes and Resources) experience as a Project Manager for a Home Builder We are currently hiring for an Operations Manager to manage Installation Operations, processes and resources. Location: Lenexa, KS Benefits:
Health, Vision, Dental, 401K. Several Aflac options such as Accident Insurance, Disability Income Protector, Cancer Insurance, Hospital Confinement Insurance, Hospital Intensive Care, and Life Protector. Vacation, sick and holiday pay.
Purpose The purpose of this position is to manage the installation operations process/resources from technical measurement, HOA, ordering, scheduling, warehouse, permitting, installation, services, and warranties. Insure homeowner delight, efficiency and appropriate resource capacity. Insure that
Operations Manager St. Johns Hospice
St. John's Hospice of Catholic Social Services
The Operations Manager assists in the operations of St. John’s Hospice, Good Shepherd Program, kitchen operations, clothing room operations, maintenance operations, housekeeping operations, and Coffee House operations. In addition, this position supervises all Residential Aides and the Truck Driver.
Duties and responsibilities:
Focuses on, but is not limited to:
- Checks and reviews St. John’s/Good Shepherd communication logs
- Checks and responds to e-mails
- Reviews the daily operations with the Residential Aides
- Performs quarterly reports
- Initiates monthly fire drill exercises
- Checks monthly round log
- Reviews monthly safety check log
- Oversees all Residential Aides and Truck Driver
- Oversees kitchen operations
- Responsible for building issues including:
- Responsible for cleanliness including pest extermination
- Works in conjunction with the social service supervisor for disciplinary action for residents
- Schedules all employees for programs
- Becomes acting Program Director in the absence of the Program Director
- Responsible for all petty cash and assists the Program Director with most purchases
- In the role of Acting Program Director, responsible for payroll
- Minimal Bachelor’s Degree in a Business related field
- Basic maintenance equipment
- Detail Oriented
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Problem Solving
- Flexible availability
Other characteristics such as personal characteristics:
- Mission driven
- Valid Driver’s license
- 1-3 years
Evening and Weekend work will be required when necessary.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tool or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 30lbs.
Food Service Manager, Coffee House Supervisor, Weekend Coffee House Supervisor, Day Services Clothing Room Supervisor, Clothing Room Aide, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Truck Driver, All Residential Aides
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!