Ordering Machine Operator Job Description Sample
United States Tulsa: Machine Operator - Sr Machine Operator
We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Job Posting Title: United States Tulsa: Machine Operator
Description from Job Capsule: Under general supervision, sets up, adjusts, and operates a variety of machine tools which may include numerical control/computerized numeric control lathes, mills, drills, computerized numerical control/numerical control and /or manual machines.
May be required to read blueprints, perform varying levels of shop mathematics associated with machining operations, and perform inspection procedures to verify work. May have a demonstrated expertise in a particular machining process or machine type or work on one single purpose machine which may involve multiple machining processes. Skills typically acquired through 2-3 years related machining experience.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available, including Machine Operator and Senior Machine Operator.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
835 W 41st St South, Tulsa, Oklahoma, 74104, United States
Requisition Number: 77950
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Product Service Line: Artificial Lift
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Nearest Major Market: Tulsa
Nearest Secondary Market: Oklahoma
Job Segment: Machinist, Equipment Operator, Inspector, Supply, Industrial, Manufacturing, Operations, Quality
Plating Machine Operator - Entry Level
BASIC JOB FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Monitor a plating process, make adjustments in amperages and temperatures, and report problems to Plating Coach, technician, or Plating Manager.
Perform preventative maintenance on a plating machine (s).
Work with and support process engineering in developing plating improvements (cost savings)
Support production team efforts in meeting productivity and schedule attainment objectives.
Ensure that procedures relating to job safety and process control are followed.
Follow pollution preventative and pollution control procedures.
Assist plating operator in making chemical additions (ex. cleaner make-up).
Handle all types of manufactured and purchased parts.
Handle and transport parts and supplies.
Responsible for quality and quantity of work assignment.
Responsible for a neat and orderly work area.
Operate and maintain plating machine in proper condition.
Increasing responsibilities with experience.
Provide critical skill set in finishing area.
High School Diploma
Ability to perform basic job functions as outlined above.
Must possess a high school degree or equivalent
Must successfully complete required assessments
Must be physically capable of lifting 50 pounds without injury.
Must be able to pass respirator fit test and pulmonary function testing.
Must be able to pass tow motor test and acquire license.
Previous chemical and or plating experience preferred therefore members of the Finishing Focus Factory will be considered first.
Internal only requirements for current or temporary associates employed by Moen:
No disciplinary write-ups in the last 6 months
Have less than two (2) incidents under the attendance policy
Demonstrated positive work history through performance reviews.
Machine Operator - 1St Shift
Alene Candles, LLC is seeking Machine Operators for 1st shift. Machine Operators are responsible for operating and maintaining the various sustainer wicking machines. Must monitor and update downtime on the machines, evaluate machine operations, and work with production team to meet daily production goals. Will be responsible for 5S and continuous improvement activities on their machines and will provide support for department and site 5S and continuous improvement efforts.
NOTE: Employees will be required to work the lines as directed by the leadership team.
Essential Duties and
- Evaluate each work order including wick type, item number, wick length, correct sustainer, and number of wicks per container.
- Maintain the production daily log and appropriate sign-off documentation.
- Prepares labels for initial startup and new work order, pull sample bag for QA department.
- Set up machine with wick, sustainer, adjusted length, acceptable crimp, and correct tooling/machine parts for different vessels.
- Mount spools and thread wickers.
- Regularly perform preventative maintenance on wickers.
- Responsible for daily updates and continuous track of individual and cumulative down time on wickers.
- Cycle count all inventory associated with wicking.
- Required daily use of Microsoft office.
- Maintain Alene standards of performance and comply with housekeeping, safety policies and procedures.
- Required to perform other duties as assigned by Assistant Supervisor.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 12 months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate and percent. Ability to read and use rulers.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to problem solve and evaluate machine issues at a moment’s notice.
Alene Candles offers health, dental, and vision insurance, healthcare reimbursement account, FSA, 401k with company match, life insurance, short term disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, paid volunteer day, and many other benefits!
Alene Candles provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Assistant Machine Operator
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to type. The employee is required to sit for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to see up close, ability to adjust focus and keen eye for detail.
- Must be able to tolerate working in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to tolerate working in an environment with a moderate or loud level of noise.
- Must be reliable.
- Must be able to work flexible hours depending on business demands.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Employees with the title of an Assistant Machine Operator must proficiency of all essential job functions listed below. Specific job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform quality checks on the product.
- Ensure that the machines run efficiently.
- Perform and assist with new order set-ups within the department.
- Interact with all departments to identify specific needs.
- Maintain machine usage by troubleshooting and correcting machine problems in a timely manner.
- Complete all paperwork associated with the manufacture of product.
- Other duties as required/ directed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Permalite offers medical, dental, vision, 401K, Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance.
Bearing Grinding Machine Operator
- Must dress grinding bearings according to specifications
- Monitoring of machine operations to determine whether adjustments are necessary; stop machines when problems occur.
- Inspects feels, and measure work pieces to ensure that surfaces and dimensions meet specifications.
- Set up and operates grinding or polishing machines
- Performs basic maintenance, such as cleaning and lubricating machine parts.
Job Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to quickly move the hand, the hand together with the arm or the two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects
- Ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects
- Prior experience with grinding machines beneficial however, will train the right person
Machine Operator - Fresno, CA
Machine Operator - Fresno, CA
Fresno, California, United States — Copper Brass Sales NA
Location Fresno Duration Long-term Contract Full Time Status Laufende Rekrutierung Job ID US6222_MX_COPBR00502
Your responsibilities Summary of Position: Apply metal to customer orders and accurately process material according to the work order specifications.
Ensure that processing equipment is maintained in a safe and clean condition. Maintain processing area in a clean, safe and orderly manner. Complete all required information entry accurately.
Perform any other tasks as assigned. Key Accountabilities: Must be certified in the material handler position.
Operate cranes, forklifts, and other material handling equipment. Pull, inspect and verify product before processing Properly and safely set up equipment to run material to set up note specifications. Process set up notes according to work order specifications Verify that product meets set up note specifications per written work instructions and record measurements (sampling plan) Communicate with appropriate sales representative regarding changes/clarification to orders Perform equipment preventive maintenance Properly enter/delete material identification tags per written instructions Perform general clean-up Assist in the packaging of material per written work instructions and work order Maintain issued measurement equipment in working condition Properly operate weighing scale and record inspection measurements Identify, record, and segregate scrap and any non-conforming material Provide feedback to supervision regarding machine efficiency and product quality.
Complete job responsibilities in a manner that does not put him/herself or other individuals in an unsafe situation. Train others when required Assist in any activities related to lean and/or quality Meets TKMNA Employee Attributes / Competencies The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirement for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Your profile Minimum Requirements:
An individual must posses a high school diploma/ GED Ability to read and write Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs Perform basic math skills Preferred
Previous warehouse experience - especially in the metals industry
Previous forklift experience
Use of hand held measuring tools
Our offer to you
Safety at work and Healthcare
Safety at work & Healthcare: Highest standards in occupational safety and health, comprehensive programs and measures for safety at work and preventive healthcare with comprehensive coverage and flexible options.
Security for the future
Financial security for your individual retirement plan.
Respect, recognition and appreciation of the contribution of everyone. Regular team - and social events.
Training and continuing developement options. Help to grow alongside with us, in personality and profession.
Compensation and benefits
We offer a lot: Fair working conditions and a reasonable, competitive compensation are the foundation for many more attractive benefits.
Open, tolerant and constructive work environment with a team consistent of diverse views and backgrounds.
We work together closely and respect each other, for over 200 years. If that is just as important to you as it is to us, apply now!
Copper Brass Sales NA is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, genetics, disability, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other protected characteristic required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to contact us directly.
We are thyssenkrupp! At thyssenkrupp we have more than 160,000 employees in 78 countries and annual sales of €42,7 billion.
We are active in automotive engineering, logistics, plant technology, elevator manufacturing and much more. We work in large and small businesses all around the world – but we always work together. We have over 200 years of experience in industry and the latest cutting-edge technology. We have a position that's right for you, that piques your interest, and that puts your skills to the test.
Machine Operator Night Shift
Under the direction of the Production Supervisor and Trainer, this position is accountable for transferring a design onto garments using a screenprint machine or embroidery machine. Responsible for helping with processing orders through preparing garments, programming machine for the design, and making quality adjustments as necessary. Help to analyze orders to identify design and determine ink colors or thread. Verify garment quality design to achieve company standards. Support Quality Control Specialists as needed with folding, boxing and counting garments, record styles and quantities of garments produced. Responsible for meeting department goals.
Screenprint Machine Operator Hours: Mon-Thurs, 4pm-2am Embroidery Machine Operator Hours: Mon-Thurs, 4pm-2am Essential Job Functions:
Analyze orders to identify design and determine ink or thread colors
Verify quality of clothing and ink design or thread/fabric color
Change screens/ink or threads as needed for specific orders
Process order on screenprint or embroidery and laser machine
Maintain Lakeshirts acceptable standard of quality per garment
Communicate with inventory department to gather replacement garments as needed
Keep work area clean and orderly
Follows safety practices. Identifies problems and works to resolve safety issues as they occur in accordance to OSHA standards
Works actively with others to get the job done
Other duties as assigned
High school education desirable, but not required.
Tablet, smartphone or computer experience preferred
Ability to work well in a team
Must be reliable, responsible and take direction well
Must be able to perform repetitive tasks for several hours
Ability to be stand for 8-10 hours a day
Previous production experience preferred, but not required
Lifting under 10 lbs.
Lifting 10-24 lbs.
Lifting 25-50 lbs.
Lifting over 50 lbs.
Carrying under 10 lbs.
Carrying 10-24 lbs.
Carrying 25-50 lbs.
Carrying over 50 lbs.
Reaching above shoulder height
Reaching at shoulder height
Reaching below shoulder height
Our culture, like your favorite t-shirt, is one of kind and truly sets us apart. We are proud of our humble beginnings and non-corporate style. We offer a unique atmosphere that sets us apart from any other manufacturer. We work hard to be the best and we seek only committed individuals that will help move our company forward and embrace our values and culture.
Lakeshirts is one of the largest privately-owned screenprinting manufacturers in the United States. The company is responsible for decorating and distributing a wide variety of garments for the resort, college and K-12 markets. At our headquarters in Detroit Lakes, MN we employ nearly 450 great people, proudly producing 25,000+ garments daily.
It's not just a job but a lifestyle. Our job descriptions help support and guide you in the role you play to making our company successful. This is why life is better in a t-shirt!
Position: Machine Operator
Shifts: 2nd and 3rd shifts only
Our Machine Operators are responsible for performing set-ups, operating machinery, identifying acceptable or unacceptable product quality according to customer requirements. We are seeking a highly motivated, career focused Machine Operators that are going to be dedicated, hardworking, and passionate about getting things done. If you are looking for an opportunity to learn and grow with an industry leader, join our team!
• Read and comprehend production SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures).
• Set up equipment and ensure production materials are available.
• Operate the machines and observe them during production. If problems are detected, stop the process and make minor repairs or refer major problems to production leadership and/or maintenance.
• Collaborate with co-workers, supervisors and managers to achieve productivity and location goals.
• Adhere to all safety procedures and report potentially unsafe conditions.
• Maintain cleanliness of equipment and assigned area.
• This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
What you’ll need:
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Experience in a fast paced, high volume manufacturing environment
• Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
• Must be able to work in an environment with exposure to heat/cold conditions and levels of noise, and potential exposure to various industrial liquids, oils, gases, and etc.
• Working knowledge and experience with MS Excel, MS Word, Data Entry, SAP desirable
• Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
• Meeting physical requirements, such as lifting, bending and standing for long periods
• Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
• Adhere to quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations.
• Must be able to work a flexible/rotating work schedule, including weekends, holidays, and overtime (covering all shift schedules).
• Must be able to follow and lead safety standards and practices.
Relocation Assistance is available
Direct Hire - Multiple Shifts
Excellent pay up to $30/hr. depending on experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision with low copay
Free Life and Disability
401k dollar-for-dollar match up to 6%
Our Employees are
Our #1 Resource!
Career opportunity to relocate to beautiful Findlay, OH and join a growing team. We know our employees are what makes us successful. Our goal is to hire the best, treat them well, engage and train and build a family that represents our core values and principles. We are looking for our next leaders who want to grow with us.
People first, Safety at all times and a Quality Product we are proud of!
- Operate plastic extrusion equipment safely, maintain a clean work environment and work within an experienced team.
- Follow best practices, company principles, procedures and practices to ensure safe and efficient operation of assigned plant areas
- Help monitoring process conditions, equipment and control systems
- Performs tasks assigned to operations as per shared task list field checks, equipment preparation, samples, etc.
- Ensures operational activities and process performance are aligned with Plant and business goals
- Actively investigate and troubleshoot to resolve process related deviations and problems
- Helps to monitor, collect and input metrics for Statistical Process Control (S.P.C.), asset utilization, conversion costs, production yields and identify opportunities for plant optimization
- Self-manage your metrics, participate in process improvement, actively engage fellow team-members and leaders, suggest improvements to improve plant operation, safety and quality.
- Participates in GMP program and fully supports the site Quality Management System
- High school diploma required (Associates degree or certificate preferred)
- 3+ years of plastic machine operations – stretch films or similar
- Strong attention to detail and good math skills
- Setup, basic troubleshooting and operation of Stretch Film machines
Band Saw / Metal Machine Operator
Who We Need:
You have experience reading blue prints.
You have work experience in a manufacturing setting.
You are mechanically inclined.
Given these skills, you could work anywhere. So why not bring your talents somewhere great?
How about working at a company:
With 130+ years in US manufacturing, whose business is still growing
That is led by successful, strategic, personable leaders who know your name
That has a significant global environmental impact with products and services that prevent and reduce industrial pollution
That encourages you to dedicate 5% of your on the clock time to career development
That gives you a formal on-boarding program to get you on a fast path to success
That offers tuition reimbursement, a global employee recognition program where you can win gift cards, a mentoring program, a paid volunteerism time-off program, a scholarship program for children of employees and many more!
That has people who are fun, smart, engaged and like working together to bring world-class service to our Customers every day
Check out our formal job description below:
At Chesterton, we have a laser focus on our customers! This job impacts the customer by producing high quality machined stock for our products, in order to meet and surpass customer expectations for quality.
Provides saw cutting service to the fabrication cells by cutting slugs to length from bar stock utilizing manufacturing process sheet data. Receives, inspects, handles and stores bar stock in bar stock locations, utilizing overhead crane and performs general roughing and trepan operations on CNC and manual lathes. Also responsible for the overall organization and cleanliness of the area.
Receive, sign and off-load bar stock from vendor utilizing overhead crane.
Inspects bar stock in accordance with Quality Control procedures.
Upon acceptance through inspection, stores bar stock in proper locations utilizing overhead crane.
Working from instructions, cuts slugs in accordance with dimensional data contained on the shop traveler.
Transfers cut raw material to designated work areas within the machine shop.
Maintains clean, organized, and safe working environment in bar stock area.
Deburrs slugs of major burrs.
Operates a CNC rough turning lathe to turn down ID/OD and overall length as required on certain bar stock .
Trepan rough stock as required using manual engine lathes.
Issues material to each job that is cut utilizing the appropriate Chesterton inventory control system.
Monitors and maintains accurate inventory levels on all raw bar stock material through Chesterton's cycle count program.
General machinery maintenance on the saws including cleaning, adding and monitoring the hydraulic oil, and changing and disposing of the saw blades.
Ordering and overseeing the saw blade and coolant inventory in the bar stock area.
Complexity of Duties:
Works under general supervision.
Checks own work.
Failure to maintain necessary stock could result in serious delay in delivery.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to operate various machinery, cutting tools and equipment.
Ability to communicate in a positive and professional manner
Strong math skills specifically knowledge of decimals and fractions is a must.
Ability to multi task on a regular basis
Quality control skills.
Attention to detail.
Ability to operate an overhead crane safely.
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School/Trade School
- 1 to 3 years of related experience
Other Skills and Abilities:
Ability to work in an uncomfortable environment; i.e., extreme heat, cold, and noise.
Ability to work well with others.
Ability to read and write in English
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees assigned to certain tasks within this job may be required to participate in our Medical Surveillance Program. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, talk or hear and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Exposure to high levels of heat, noise and fumes while in the plant environment.
All of A.W. Chesterton Company employment is contingent upon successfully passing a background check, drug test, and the respective medical surveillance requirements.
Chesterton is an equal opportunity employer M/F/V/D
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!