Outside Cutter Hand Job Description Sample
Delivery Driver/ Shop Hand
Midwest Hose is one of the largest hose and fitting wholesale distributors in North America. Since opening our doors in 1983, we’ve steadily grown and continue to build our loyal customer base, which speaks to how enthusiastic we are for the future! Here at Midwest Hose & Specialty, we believe our employees are the fuel that drives our business, so we treat each person with the respect and value they deserve.
We provide room for upward mobility and advancement to other positions within the company. We promote from within our own organization and reward team members with the potential for advancement and pay increases! We offer competitive pay and career advancement based on performance.
We pride ourselves in offering a premier benefits package which includes:
- Very competitive compensation
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Company paid health and dental insurance plans
- Basic life and AD&D insurance
- Paid holidays
- 2 weeks of paid vacation
- Great work/life balance
- Casual dress environment
- Career longevity
- Professional growth
If you want to be part of an ever-growing company and believe that Midwest Hose & Specialty is the place for you to begin your new career path please apply today!
Enhance customer satisfaction, meet sales and profitability goals, assemble industrial hoses, ensure quality of finished products, manage supply chain of products. Deliver and pick up local products.
- Assist telephone and walk-in customers
- Understanding and utilizing catalog to assist customers in part selection
- Initiating customer orders and counter orders through ERP
- Cash, credit, and check processing
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent service
- Hose assembly process
- Prepare work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, and parts lists; gather parts, sub assemblies, and materials
- Select and use proper tools and equipment for each task such as saws, crimpers, tape measures and calipers
- Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and sub assemblies
- Supply chain management
- Identify and select proper parts to assemble a wide variety of hoses
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms
- Coil hose as required to prepare for delivery to customer
- Sell, service, and promote Midwest Hose product line to external customers
- Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards
- Maintain professionalism in the work place
- Perform any other assigned proprietary duties
- Good reading and writing skills
- Must be able to pass an MVR
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Compassionate and patient customer service skills
- High attention to detail
- Active listening skills
- Commitment to work additional hours as needed to complete orders received daily
- Energetic, outgoing, and positive attitude
- Good organization skills
- Reliable and dependable
- Prolonged standing, walking, stooping, bending, lifting – 100% daily (subject to change daily)
- Assist in lifting, pushing, and/or pulling up to 70 lbs. (occasionally up to 100 lbs.); receiving unloads up to 100%; order pulling up to 100%
- Must be able to meet the physical demands typical in a warehouse environment including but not limited to grasping and fine manipulations with hands, reaching, squatting, climbing, activities working around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, exposure to light dust and fumes
- Ability to prioritize and manage time
- High School diploma or GED (required)
- Prior warehouse and delivery experience (required)
- Supply chain management experience (preferred but not required)
- Prior hose assembly experience (highly preferred but not required)
- Forklift experience (preferred but not required)
Warehouse Shop Hand (Manufacturing)
INDUSTRY: Oil & Gas - Manufacturing
LOCATION: Odessa, TX
CONTEXT: Small, privately-owned manufacturing company
Our client, an oil and gas manufacturer, is seeking a Warehouse Shop Hand for their Odessa, TX operations. This position will be responsible for keeping areas throughout the production department orderly and clean as well as basic inventory responsibilities.
- Entry-level position, no experience necessary, but helpful.
- Lubricates machine, operate a forklift, build pallets and operate shaker and press.
- Arrange boxes, materials, and hand trucks or other industrial equipment in a neat and orderly manner.
- Clean screens and filters.
- Scrub processing tanks and vats.
- Clean floors and apply floor absorbent compound when needed.
- Pick up reusable scrap for salvage and store in containers.
- Clean, rooms, restrooms, corridors and other work areas.
- Polish metalwork.
- Wash walls, ceiling, and woodwork, windows, door panels, and sills.
- Pick up refuse from plant grounds and maintain the area by cutting grass or shoveling snow.
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; look for ways to improve and promote quality; provides feedback to improve performance; monitors and ensures work meets company standards.
- Syteline experience will receive immediate consideration.
- Must be able-bodied due to physical demands.
- Warehouse experience a big plus.
- Must pass drug and alcohol test.
- Must pass background record check.
- Observe safety and environmental procedures; report potentially unsafe conditions and use PPE and tools properly.
- Ability to adapt to frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Must be punctual based on work schedule.
- Must be able to follow instructions and respond to management directives, take responsibility for actions; and keep commitments.
- Willingness to work weekdays, some weekends, and long hours.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment, including safety shoes or boots, eye, and hearing protection, and hard hat when required.
- May be exposed to wet and humid conditions; and other outside weather conditions. Frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts.
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level is usually moderate.
General Laborer - Shop Hand
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position is full-time position, non-exempt. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work will be required as job duties demand.
- Clean the interior and exterior of out trucks to prepare for our new hires.
- Make minor repairs to equipment
- Organize and stock trucks with tools and euipment
- Complete inspections of tarps and make repairs when necessary.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Must have valid drivers’ license
- Must be able to work in various weather conditions
- Must be able to lift 90 lbs.
- High School diploma or GED.
JLE Industries offers competitive wages based on experience. Additionally, we offer comprehensive, company sponsored, Health and Dental Plans, Company paid Vision and Life Insurance, and 401K with company match.
Hand Seller, Denver, CO 2019-04-12
A Leading Beverage Distributor with excellent benefits, competitive wages and the potential for growth opportunities is now hiring a Part-Time Hand Seller. This position services the Northwest Denver, CO area. This position promotes the Company's products to customers in assigned accounts. Preferred candidate should have good verbal communication skills.
This is a Part Time (10-15 hours per week) position that services the Northwest Denver, CO area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Displays product and directs customers to specified products.
Answers customer's questions about product.
Explains qualities of product to persuade customers to buy product.
Uses point of sale materials to facilitate sales of products.
Responsible for turning in a weekly tracker, consisting of hours worked and bottles sold/hour, in a timely fashion.
Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a personal email address, access to a computer with an internet connection, and knowledge of Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software.
PLEASE COMPLETE ENTIRE APPLICATION - INCLUDE WORK HISTORY IN "RESUME" SECTION. NOT FOLLOWING DIRECTIONS COMPLETELY MAY CAUSE APPLICATION TO BE REJECTED.
Empire is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. I understand that if I am hired, my employment will be for no definite period, regardless of the period of payment of my wages. I further understand that I am employed on an "at-will" basis which means that I have the right to terminate my employment at anytime with or without notice, and the Company has the same right. No one other than the President of the Company has authority to modify this relationship or make any agreement to the contrary. Any such modification or agreement must be in writing, signed by the President.
I understand that if I am hired this application and all supporting documents will become part of my permanent employee record.
I understand that the company reserves the right to require me to submit to a drug test at any time and also reserves the right to require me to submit to an alcohol test and/or medical examination to the extent permitted by law. I understand that the Company may contact my previous employers and I authorize those employers to disclose to the Company all records and other information pertinent to my employment with them, whether favorable or unfavorable. I also authorize the Company to provide truthful information concerning my employment with it to my future prospective employers and I agree to hold it harmless for providing such information.
By submitting this application, I certify that all information that I provide on this application and in any interview will be true, complete and accurate. I understand if I am employed and any such information is later found to be false, incomplete or misleading in any respect, I may be discharged.
Shop Hand (San Angelo Raft)
Position Overview: Carries out a variety of physical activities at the designated facility. This is a safety sensitive position.
Reports to: Area Manager, Shop Foreman
Directs Reports: None
Assists with the loading and unloading of supplies and equipment
May assist in cleaning the shop area, painting, and retrieving parts and tools
Installs and maintains equipment
May deliver and pick-up parts which could include pulling a trailer
May operates a forklift
Operates a variety of equipment
Assists with general repair and maintenance work as needed
Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
Mechanical aptitude and experience
Must have good driving record
Flexible in dealing with frequent changes or unexpected delays
Must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol screening as well as background check
High school diploma, GED or equivalent education
Forklift Operator certified
Good driving record
Position requires long periods of standing and sitting
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Ability to bend and kneel frequently throughout the day
Typical working conditions and hazards:
Work is performed in all weather conditions
Able to perform duties with protective equipment, H2S respirator where required
Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery
Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres and industrial chemicals
This is a safety sensitive position. However, essential mental alertness requirements, which include the following, are required to be met as part of the essential job functions, and must be met by Basic Energy Services applicants and current employees. To be considered and eligible for hire, each and every applicant and employee must:
Work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
Have, display & maintain the ability to perform tasks involving high levels of cognitive function and judgment
Not be mentally or physically impaired from any cause, that can adversely affect an employee's ability to safely and completely perform the duties of the position
Have, display & maintain the ability to work in an unfatigued state
Have, display & maintain the ability to accurately gauge lengths of time and distance
Have, display & maintain the ability to quickly store and recall instructions in one's short term memory
Have, display & maintain the ability to concentrate
Have, display & maintain the ability to cope with sudden changes in surrounding and/or emergency situations and/or alarms
Have, display & maintain, demonstrated caring, committed and concerned attitude about safety
If any applicant and/or employee is not able to meet these requirements immediately and indefinitely, said applicant and/or employee may not be eligible for employment, re-employment, or promotional opportunities, and may be subject to termination if it is determined that said applicant or employee is determined to be impaired, by following the Company's reasonable suspicion training, and process.
Reach your full potential.
Basic offers interesting and challenging opportunities for dynamic individuals who want to be part of the exciting oilfield services industry. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and individual contributions of every employee.
Highly competitive salaries
Performance-based financial rewards
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug Free Environment
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!