Oxygen Furnace Operator Job Description Sample
Electrical Engineering Intern, Basic Oxygen Furnace
Electrical Engineering Intern, Basic Oxygen Furnace at AK Steel Date Posted: 1/29/2018 Apply Not ready to Apply? Job Description Our Dearborn Works location is currently seeking Electrical Engineering students to participate in our 2018 Summer Internship Program. This position would be assigned to the Steelmaking Maintenance department and work on many different projects including developing an upgrade for power and control components for vessel tilt drives and development a training manual for PLC systems for maintenance employees. The ideal candidate will have: - Junior status or higher within an Electrical Engineering program, 3.0 or higher GPA - A desire to learn steelmaking operations and the industry
Microsoft Office savvy
Presentation and interpersonal skills AK Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status. Click the following links to view information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and require all prospective employees to undergo a post-offer drug and alcohol screen before starting employment. Apply Not ready to Apply? Share With https://www.jobs.net/jobs/ak-steel/en-us/job/United-States/Electrical-Engineering-Intern-Basic-Oxygen-Furnace/J3R5LS5VKN84JX732XZ/ Electrical Engineering Intern, Basic Oxygen Furnace Job Snapshot
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Dearborn, MI
Job Type: Engineering, Manufacturing
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 1/29/2018 About Us At AK Steel, great people, innovation and a commitment to continuous improvement help drive our overall success. Our employees represent a diverse range of personal backgrounds and professional skill sets, which help us consistently, deliver world-class quality and service to our customers. As a leader in flat-rolled steel manufacturing we employ men and women who are driven to succeed, passionate about their work, dedicated to being part of a team, results oriented and relentless in the pursuit of continuous improvement. AK Steel offers career opportunities across a number of areas, including, among others:
Operations and Maintenance
Finance and Accounting
Human Resource Management
Occupational Safety and Health
Government and Public Relations
Law and Environmental Affairs At AK Steel, our key values of safety, quality and productivity are the foundation of our business – while character and integrity are the pillars of our success. Join the AK Steel Talent Network today and keep up-to-date on opportunities that are right for you! What is a Talent Network? Joining our Talent Network will enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you. Why Join?
Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests
Share job opportunities with family and friends through Social Media or email
Heat Treated And Brazing Furnace Operator
Aerojet Rocketdyne is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader providing propulsion and energetics to its space, missile defense, strategic, tactical missile and armaments customers throughout domestic and international markets. We are seeking a
Heat Treating and Brazing Furnace Operator for our Canoga Park, CA facility to work either the 1st or 2nd shift. This is a Union position.
Set up and operation of Heat treating and controlled atmospheric brazing furnaces to braze rocket engine thrust chambers and other assemblies where vacuum, explosive and/or inert gas atmospheres are used in production. Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each) 100%- Plan brazing and/or heat treat operations of developmental, prototype and production assemblies in controlled atmospheric brazing furnaces where explosive and inert gasses are used in the atmospheres. Set power and temperature controls, gas flow panels and instrumentation for electric or gas fired furnaces. Adjust switches on temperature control instruments for multiple cycle brazing.
Load assemblies on furnace base and make hookups of thermocouples and pressure lines as required.
Operate auxiliary power equipment to unload furnaces and cool down with cooling muffles. Perform heat treating and/or brazing operation as required.
Operate furnace to heat treat and/or braze assemblies including leak check and purge, instrumentation, heat-up, braze and cool down. Take action when emergency conditions arise during phases of operations to assure safety of personnel and equipment. Over-ride furnace controls by manual operation when necessary.
Requirements High school diploma or equivalent and five (5) years of experience in heat treating and brazing operations.
Demonstrated experience working with and around hazardous chemicals including acids.
Must have a proven safety record and experience with PPE used with hazardous chemicals.
Experience handling large (500 lbs +) complex hardware with tooling and other handling devices (ie: pallet jacks, cranes, lifting straps, etc).
Experience reading, comprehending and using planning and drawings to meet required specification requirements.
Experience using measurement instruments to ensure parts are set-up and indicated properly to meet requirements.
Must carry or obtain applicable certifications to work in an environmentally controlled room.
- Must pass the written and practical exam required for Heat Treated and Brazing Furnace Operator. US Citizenship required. Must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement. Work Environment and Physical
The work environment may require a combination of indoor and outdoor activity (hot, cold, wet, humid conditions) with a varied amount of walking, standing, sitting, climbing (i.e. ladders, stair, scaffolding, ramps), balance (maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces), bending, reaching, handling/fingering (seizing, holding, grasping, turning picking, pinching), stooping, kneeling, crouching and ability to lift/carry/push/pull up to 50 pounds. Work may require the ability to operate material handling equipment (forklift, crane, hoist, man lift, etc.) in a safe manner. While performing the duties of this job, employees may work around variable noise levels or with fume or airborne particles, hazardous chemicals, etc. requiring the use of personal protective equipment such as face protection (safety glasses, goggles, face shield), foot protection (i.e. steel toed shoes, rubber boots, etc.), gloves, hard hat, shop coat and hearing protection.
Some positions may require Respirator clearance up to and including the Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) Level A clearance. Work requires the ability to change into or out of personal protective equipment when entering or exiting manufacturing, laboratory, or other areas. Some employees may be required to drive between various locations within the Company facility or between locations.
Work duties may also be required to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer and/or the ability to travel by air or auto. Ability to distinguish colors may also be necessary. This position may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization. Need help finding the right job? We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
We consider the consistent demonstration of positive, cooperative, self-motivated, courteous and professional behavior to be an essential function of every position. While different positions have different primary areas of responsibility and technical expertise, everyone needs to work as a team, and we expect all employees to contribute as necessary to get the job done. Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job listing, our positions require U.S.
Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency, or other status as a U.S. Person as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3). Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or theinterview process should e-mail the Human Resources Department at
CategoryManufacturing and Production - Other
Furnace Operator - Will Train Heat Treat Specialist
Operate Industrial Furnace, heat treat of metal products:
GREAT ATTENDANCE A MUST.
1) Assists FURNACE OPERATOR by performing any combination of following duties: Seals furnace opening with fire clay and firebrick, using paddle and shovel.
2) Charges furnace with materials, such as scrap, ore, flux, reagents, slimes, oxides, pellets, or coke, by moving levers to open bin or hopper gates, by shoveling, or by signaling FURNACE CHARGER or OVERHEAD CRANE OPERATOR to load furnace.
3) Turns valves to force air through tuyeres into molten metal to oxidize impurities.
4) Observes gauges and manipulates controls on panel to admit nitrogen to prevent igniting of magnesium.
- 5) Skims slag from molten metal, using bar, rabble, or ladle.
- 6) Cleans slag from tuyeres to let air flow, using bar, hammer, or pneumatic drill.
- 7) Signals OVERHEAD CRANE OPERATOR, or uses electric hoist, to position ladles or buckets near furnace, and moves levers to tilt furnace into pouring position.
- 8) Scrapes and chips slag, solidified metal, furnace lining, and residue from furnace, using hammer, chisel, and scraper.
- 9) Breaks condensers and defective retorts with sledgehammer for removal to crusher.
Our Staffing Coordinators will work with you to find the ideal job that fits your personal goals. SMITH uses Job Matching Tools to match your abilities and interests ensuring that your talent is utilized to its fullest potential.
GREAT OPPORTUNITY: NIGHT SHIFT 11:00 PM TO 7:30 AM
needs the ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or vehicle to exact positions. - ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences - needs the ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: - Weighs or measures specified amounts of ingredients or materials for processing, using devices such as scales and calipers.- Needs the skill to determine causes of operating errors and decides what to do about it.- Presses and adjusts controls in order to activate, set, and regulate equipment according to specifications.- Monitors equipment operations, gauges, and panel lights in order to detect deviations from standards.- Needs the skill to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.- Reads and interprets work orders and instructions in order to determine work assignments, process specifications, and production schedules.- Record gauges readings, test results, and shift production in log books.- Confers with supervisors or other equipment operators in order to report equipment malfunctions or to resolve productions problems.- Examines or tests samples of processed substances, or collect samples for laboratory testing, in order to ensure conformance to specifications.- Cleans, lubricates, and adjusts equipment, using scrapers, solvents, air hoses, and oil and hand tools.- Stops equipment and clears blockages or jams, using fingers, wire, or hand tools.
Vacuum Furnace Operator
Corry Manufacturing Company, a northwestern PA manufacturer of component parts for the aerospace and gas turbine industries is looking to fill the following position:
Vacuum Furnace Operator
This individual will need to have some mechanical ability, be able to read blueprints, perform basic shop math, maintain appropriate tolerances, and be able to set furnace temperature, time and cycles.
Interested candidates should send their resume to: Corry Manufacturing, 519 West Main Street, Corry, PA 16407, or e-mail email@example.com. Contact Paula Merkle to request special accommodations required to apply in an alternative way.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer / VEVRAA Federal Contractor -Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with disabilities/Sexual orientation/Gender identity
Fraser Manufacturer is looking for a Furnace Operators
- Press Operator background a plus
- Furnace operations including loading and unloading of material
- Complete operation of all furnace equipment
- Wage based on experience
- 2nd and 3rd shift available
Furnace Technician/ Operator
Micro-Mech Inc., a leader in the manufacturing of purified graphite components has a career opportunity for a High Temperature Vacuum Furnace Technician trainee. The ideal candidate will be a responsible, dependable, self-motivated team player who has a strong mechanical aptitude. Industrial maintenance, workplace safety and Hazmat experience is a plus. This position offers a competitive hourly wage and excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, and 401K program.
Micro Mech provides machined parts for various industries.
The Furnace Operator is responsible for the successful loading and unloading of parts. This will include the reading of lineups to determine the arrangements of various loads. The Furnace Operator also has an awareness of material in furnaces to determine sequence of loading. This individual will learn to operate a forklift/hi-lo to transport baskets and parts throughout the plant location.
Requirements of the Furnace Operator:
- High School Diploma required
- Operation of heat-treat equipment
- Read lineup to determine the arrangement of various loads
- Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions parts weighing up to 40 lbs. when loading and unloading parts from heat-treated baskets
- Typically operates a forklift/hi-lo to transport baskets
- Inspects parts to ensure quality compliance
- Creates shippers and certifications on completed orders
- Responsible for safety and general housekeeping in work area
- Presence at the employer’s site during regularly scheduled shifts and business hours.
- Frequent walking within a plant environment
- Close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regular use of hands to manipulate, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms.
- Regular standing, talking, hearing, climbing or balancing, and lifting or moving up to 40 pounds.
- May be exposed to heat, fumes, noise, and humidity, etc. Safety equipment is provided.
- Regular stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling
- Able to pass a drug screen and physical examination
- This job requires (or may require) a criminal background check. Convictions and pending felony charges are not an absolute bar to employment and will only be considered if required by law or there is a substantial relationship to the circumstances of the particular job or if bond ability is at issue
Compensation for the Furnace Operator:
- Pay for this position is $11.00-$11.75 per hour
Schedule for the Furnace Operator:
- 6:00am-6:00pm or 6:00pm-6:00am
LaJoy Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Aerospace company seeking energenic trainee or experienced furnace operator. Responsibilities include operating computerized production equipment.
Able to follow detail instructions. Must be able to multi task. 3 shifts available.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!