Pacific Palisades Job Description Sample
Java And Node Expert
You will be working for a rapidly growing company in the construction design industry. You will be part of an original team, and will take charge of the platform that will support hundreds of thousands of current users and scale out to attract hundreds of thousands more.
You will be:
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining production code
- Solving challenging, scalability problems due to fast growth
- Expanding and improving a distributed web services platform
- Driving the development design of projects
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
At least 3-5 years of experience with:
- RESTful APIs
Preferred but not required:
- NoSQL Databases
- Experience owning complete products and features
- Competitive salary
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter benefits
- Medical, dental, vision and pet insurance
- Maternity/paternity leave program
- Employee assistance program
- 401k retirement savings plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Health programs
- Catered meals, fully stocked kitchens
Relocation for qualified candidates available!
Senior Software Engineer, Platform
Their Santa Monica team office is growing and are looking to add a Senior Software Engineer, Platform to help build a robust and scalable software in multiple modern object-oriented and functional languages. If you're a problem solver who is naturally curious and doesn't like to sit still we want to hear from you!
This role reports directly to the Software Engineering Lead.
What you’ll be doing:
- Breakdown legacy systems into smaller, easier to maintain microservices
- Help grow and evolve our engineering environment
- Develop intuitive, robust, and scalable software
- Create a culture of testing and releasing software on AWS using automation and monitoring
- Work cross-functionally on integrations with internal and external teams
- 5+ years of professional programming experience
- 2+ years as a software engineer working on service oriented architecture (SOA)
- Experience building APIs
- Hands on experience with microservices
- Experience with AWS
- Excited to be part of a small, cross-functional and nimble team
- Great communication skills
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with IAAS
- Experience with Apache Kafka
- Polyglot with experience with 3+ open source coding languages (i.e. Ruby, Python, PHP, Java, Go)
- Experience with Go, the more the better but okay even if it's only been on side projects
- Prefer someone who is always learning, working on personal projects, tinkering with new technology
- Familiarity with performance tuning applications (ie: JMeter, Apache Bench)
- Have some experience mitigating security vulnerabilities
Public Relations - Director Of Client Campaigns
PR Volt has developed a custom approach that hacks the traditional PR system to yield incredible results for our clients. The media accolades speak for themselves. In just a short amount of time our clients have been featured in People, InStyle, The New York Times, Huffington Post, AOL, Good Morning America, EXTRA and much more.
Your team is responsible for developing media lists, generating pitch angles, writing compelling brand pitches, and sending them to editors on behalf of our clients. Writing compelling emails that editors can't help but open and read will be your North Star.
Your ability to understand client needs and develop unique ways of presenting their products and services is outstanding. You are very creative, but also organized to the T. Your Excel skills are superb and your experience with CISION, Helpscout/Zendesk and Slack is unrivaled. You're super organized and a great leader, always keeping your team moving on time towards the finish line.
You're also passionate about startups and technology and you're interested in disrupting the PR space. You know the difference between editorial and advertorial calendars and long lead and short lead pitching.
If this sounds like you, please apply!
Please note that this job can be done remotely!
You have significant experience with:
- Developing media lists (you know CISION inside out)
- Generating pitch angles for client campaigns
- Writing compelling brand pitches that editors can't help but open and read
- Managing a team and ensuring they stay on deadline
- Training and onboarding new team members
- Account management and keeping clients happy
- Helpdesk software (i.e. Zendesk, Helpscout, Freshdesk, etc.)
You have the following skill set:
- Incredible copywriting skills
- Data driven (your excel skills are superb)
- Tech-savvy (you love getting your hands dirty with new apps/tech and are always looking for a better way to do things)
- Great communicator and super organized
- Customer success experience a huge plus
You're comfortable working with a remote team and you're deeply familiar with efficiency/communication tools like Helpscout/Zendesk and Slack. You're also passionate about startups and technology and you're interested in disrupting the PR space.
- Remote work
- Healthcare reimbursement
- Annual team retreat
- Quarterly company parties
Sr. Look Dev Lighter
Method Studios is currently in search of a Senior Look Development Lighter to join the 3D team. The candidate must have expert level experience working with V-ray, and good knowledge of Maya and the use of V-ray within Maya. A working knowledge of Mantra is not required but is a major plus.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible in maintaining lighting pipeline and workflow as dictated by project
- Properly assess the appropriate balance of lighting and compositing for a given shot
- Properly economize renders while still achieving required quality
- Closely work with the artistic leads to ensure creative direction is achieved
- Work with other lighting artists to provide guidance and assist in problem-solving
- Ensure work is of the highest possible quality
- Expert knowledge of V-ray
- Minimum 6 years experience working in Feature Film and Commercial animation
- Advanced understanding of lighting and advanced shading networks
- Advanced knowledge of Fusion or similar node-based compositing package
- Good knowledge of Maya, and the use of V-ray within Maya
- Good knowledge of Mantra is a plus but not required
- Knowledge of general modeling, texturing animation, and FX is a plus
- Good balance between artistic and technical skill
- Thorough understanding of linear workflow
- Able to communicate effectively to people across all disciplines, and with various levels of experience
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and able to handle tasks in an efficient manner
- Possesses exceptional problem-solving skills
- Works in a collaborative manner and follows direction as required
- Must be a team player and perform well under tight deadlines
Quality Management System Business Analyst / Pharma
Type of role: Contract
Duration: 12+ months
Hourly pay rate: DOE (C2C, W2, or 1099 permissible)
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Our customer is seeking a Quality Management System (QMS) Business Analyst who is well versed in GxP processes within a FDA regulated / Pharmaceutical or Biotech environment.
Our customer is undergoing a Quality Management System technology assessment. Consultant will be instrumental in mapping out business processes and building a business process catalog which forms to their BPM methodology
- Understand and Identify business processes and improvements for QMS domain in a GMP environment
- Must have previous experience with new QMS solutions (i.e. Trackwise, Veeva, Master Control)
- Ability to implement business process improvements with stakeholders
- Create use cases
- Create high quality user and functional requirements
- Analyze requirements to determine priority and business value
- Create required regulatory and SDLC documentation
- Collect information regarding and monitor progress of business analysis activities
- Create as-is and to-be process maps and narratives
- Create requirements traceability matrices
- Provide estimates for workstream activities, including dependencies, to the Project Manager
- Identify, manage and resolve risks and issues related to the workstream
- Provide Project Manager with status updates, activity progress and schedule updates
- Maintain excellent client relationships
- Review and estimate change requests
- Contribute to all areas of system implementation including but not limited to vendor interaction, system compatibility, change control, qualification, deployment, and training
- Work with project teams to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements such as FDA, CAPA, GxP as well as internal policies and processes
- Excellent organizational, written, verbal communications skills
Method Studios is currently in search of a tracker. The primary focus of this position is in mono.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise the tracking of CG elements so that both camera and objects match live-action footage in a 3D environment and maintain consistent shot quality
- Report to Layout Supervisor regarding on-set supervision, the integration of on-set data, tracking details, Previz, animation support, layout scenes, and Outsource Material unification.
- Work with production to create matchmove schedules and project targets for designated show
- Define any specific matchmove tools required for the show and identify any additions or modifications
- Act as the point of contact between Matchmove and show supervisors
- Assist with any technical/production issues and utilize camera knowledge and on-set skills when necessary
- Responsible for camera tracking, matchmove and layout work on shots, object tracking, Rotomation, and Previz when needed
- Tracking shots in Syntheyes
- Utilization of Layout in Maya
- Learn facility pipeline to be able to provide cameras and layouts from tracking/layout to the other departments
- Strong critical thinking on layout and pipeline procedures
- Minimum 2 years of experience in film and commercial work
- Proficiency in 3D Equalizer, Maya, and Boujou
- Proven Matchmove experience in a large feature-film VFX production environment
- Knowledge of Maya, 3D tracking softwares (Syntheyes, Pftrack, Boujou, etc.), and Nuke
- Knowledge of Shake and tracking experience in Shake an advantage. experience with other tracking software such as Matchmover also an asset
- Must have general animation experience
- Must be able to model and manipulate geometry for scene reconstruction and to aid tracking
- Must demonstrate an eye for detail and precision with strong problem-solving skills
- Must have a solid understanding of camera movement and filming techniques
- General understanding of linux/unix-based operating systems
- Must embrace the essential components of a strong team: open communication, trust, respect, loyalty, and shared vision.
- Good at taking direction and implementing changes with quick turn-around
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Overall commitment to excellence and a willingness to work in a team environment in achieving goals and completing projects
Unreal Engine Developer
MethodEXP currently has an opening for an Unreal Engine Developer.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop new and maintain existing blueprint "programs" for current and future projects.
- Contribute original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development
- Provide technical leadership in areas of specialization and assist with technical questions
- Work independently to complete assigned projects with limited supervision
- Educate other departments on technology and engine through either spoken or written format
- Keep up to date with the technological developments and advancements in the computer game industry
- Constantly analyze and optimizations solutions
- Strong understanding of UE4 (all aspects)
- Keen interest in Virtual Reality
- Advanced working knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 and its visual programming graph (blueprints).
- Knowledge of shader programming languages (PSSL/HLSL/GLSL) a plus
- Strong linear algebray skills
- You are a gamer and entertainment enthusiast
- Experience with multiple core system tasks, such as graphics, networking, audio/video, and tools.
- Excellent performance optimization skills
Sr. Nuke Compositor
Method Studios is currently in search of a Senior Nuke Compositor to join its and 2D team of artists. In this role one will integrate CG elements and matte paintings into live action plates. This will encompass matching color, lighting, and exposure of stock elements to rendered or photographed elements, matte extractions from blue/green screen photography, the transformation and warping of elements as needed, 2D/3D camera tracking, graining and degraining as necessary, paint fixes and rotoscoping, as well as matte edge processing and integration.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Matching color, lighting, and exposure of stock elements to rendered or photographed elements
- Matte extractions from blue/green screen photography
- Transform and warp elements as needed
- 2D/3D camera tracking
- Grain and degrain as necessary
- Paint fixes and rotoscoping
- Matte edge processing and integration
- Minimum 4 years of node-based compositing software experience (Nuke)
- Experience with Keylight, Primatte or Ultimatte
- Knowledge of projection mapping
- Maya experience a plus
- Sound aesthetic with good understanding of color, contrast, and lighting design
- Knowledge of film resolution and aspect ratios
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player with great attitude
- Dependable and flexible
- Takes direction well and exercises close attention to detail
Sr. Rigging Artist
Method Studios is currently in search of a Senior Rigger to join its 3D team of rigging artists.
- Creating and developing fast elegant character rigs using Maya and proprietary tools.
- Working with modeling and animation departments to facilitate articulate realistic appealing characters.
- Integration of characters and rigs into the production pipeline
- Creating User Interfaces and tools to assist animators.
- Working in partnership with R&D programmers, Animators, and Lighting TDs to ensure shots are delivered to the very highest standard.
- Providing support to character rigs throughout production.
- Developing long-term strategies to automate character production.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in feature film/broadcast VFX production
- Solid knowledge of rigging systems
- Comprehensive knowledge of Maya
- Provide reel demonstrating both control systems and complex deformations
- Solid time and project management skills
- Accessibility and willingness to collaborate is a must.
- Thorough understanding of techniques and technologies relating to character rigging and animation comprehension of core principles relating to rigging
- Excellent understanding of anatomy, structure, dynamics and character motion
- Good understanding of the entire visual effects process, from shooting to modeling to texturing, animation and rendering
- MEL and Python programming essential
- Maya API C++ programming also a plus
Bookkeeping & Accounting Intern
Gumbiner Savett Inc. is currently looking for college students who would like a paid internship. We are looking for sophomores and juniors who are interested in experiencing the dynamics of a public accounting firm. The business services intern will be assisting with bookkeeping functions including entering and paying bills, banking, 1099s and small write-up work.
- Hours: approximately 15 – 20+ hours per week depending on student’s availability
- Length of internship – minimum commitment of 1 year
- Start date – as soon as possible
- Sophomore or junior pursuing a bachelor degree in accounting, finance, business- economics, or related major. Minimum cumulative GPA 3.0
- Natural aptitude for accounting and details.
- Self-starter with strong organizational, interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills who can interact with all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of applications.
- Some working knowledge of financial software applications (QuickBooks, Quicken) is a plus, but NOT required.
About Gumbiner Savett Inc. (GS)
As a full-service Southern California accounting firm located in Santa Monica, California, we attract some of the best candidates, many of whom come here to make a long-term career. We are also a highly sought environment for interns, recent graduates and professionals. Our specialties include audit and accounting, taxation, advisory services and litigation support. People come to GS because we believe strongly in work-life balance and have a holistic approach to accounting and tax. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!