Package Dyeing Machine Operator Job Description Sample
Package Machine Operator
PACAKGE MACHINE OPERATOR
GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE
Under the direction of the Production Supervisor and PMO lead, this position is responsible for operating one packaging line or tray, and scale equipment in the processing of value added fresh vegetable products.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION
- Operate Hayssen packaging and scale equipment
- Operate tray equipment
- Perform set-ups, shut downs, and adjust control settings and logics
- Solve problems relating to specifications for packaging quality, weights, fills, seals, tray, and film runs
- Perform quality checks, product and film changeovers, mechanical adjustments, and required paperwork
- Assist dryer, packaging and stacking teams to ensure productivity accuracy and efficiency
- Ensure quality and safety of raw and finished product
- Ensure safe operating process for all equipment
- Any and all other duties assigned by your Supervisor
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
H.S. Diploma or GED equivalent; BS desirable.
Work is performed in a cool environment with an average temperature of 34 degrees F. Concentrated chlorine and concealed ammonia is present. Work surfaces and floors may be wet. Employees are required to wear approved shoes and protective equipment. Must be able to lift up to 49 lbs. unassisted up to 1/3 of the workday, and 6 lbs. overhead as job demands. Constant standing on a concrete floor, reaching, bending, stooping, and repetitive hand movements may be required. Moving machinery, including conveyor and forklifts are in operation in the immediate area
Dole’s dedication to quality is a commitment solidly backed by comprehensive programs for food safety, scientific crop protection programs, stringent quality control measures, state-of-the-art production and transportation technologies, continuous improvement through research and innovation, and dedication to the safety of our employees, communities, and the environment.
Dole is committed to nutrition education to communicate to the public the health benefits of eating a diet rich in fruit and vegetables, and is a founding member of the National 5-A-Day for Better Health Program, and is a leader in developing technology-based nutrition education programs for children.
You will find Dole Fresh Vegetables’ headquarters in Monterey, California in the heart of the Salinas Valley. Although we are centered in “the Salad Bowl of the World,” we have opportunities all over the US as well as Latin America! Follow us to learn more!
The Bessemer City manufacturing facility is one of three operating salad manufacturing plants in the organization. The plant has 900+ employees, and operates two production and one cleaning shift six or seven days every week, depending on volume demands
Package Machine Operator (Buda, TX 78610)
A successful manufacturing and distribution company is actively recruiting for a Package Machine Operator. The ideal candidate will be available to work overtime hours, able to lift 100 pounds, and have a strong work ethic. We need ambitious and hardworking people who do not mind working in hot or cold conditions and can work an entire 8-12-hour shift on their feet.
Compensation: $12.50 per hour
· Operate machine(s) that fills and packages bags with product.
· Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of filled or packaged products to standards.
· Monitor the production line, watching for problems such as pile ups, jams, and broken bags.
· Stock, sort and replenish packaging supplies such as bags, tape, and pallets.
· Inspect and remove defective products and packaging material.
· Count and record finished and rejected packaged items.
· Recapture escaped material and place in hopper for repackaging.
· Blending, filling, packaging, and stacking diverse types of bagged cement products.
· Shrink wrapping products to meet customer or company specifications.
· General housekeeping and sweeping operations.
· Packaging masonry cement in large bulk super sack packaging.
· Securing “ties” for closing bags and placing covers over super sack bagged product.
· Hoses are connected to trailer and silo for transporting the product to the silos with the material needed for blending, filling, and packaging product.
· Perform appropriate duties as assigned by management.
· Maintain a safe and clean work space.
· Follow established safety rules and regulations.
· Adhere to quality and customer service standards set forth by the company.
· Identify safety hazards in the workplace.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities
· Communication proficiency
· Organizational skills
· Mathematical skills
· Time management
Work Environment: This position works in a non-climate controlled warehouse setting, with outdoor exposure during the workday. This role routinely uses standard warehouse equipment such as box cutters and tape dispensers.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time, non-exempt hourly position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 5:00 am to 4:00 pm. All applicants must be able and willing to work overtime and weekends when required by management.
Required Education and Experience:
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends and overtime.
· Committed to quality and safety.
· Ability to lift 100 pounds and stand for 8-12-hour work shift.
· Must be able to pass pre-employment respirator certification and fit test for full face respirator.
· Must be clean shaven daily to wear respirator.
· Required PPE for position includes: full face respirator, hard hat, safety glasses, ear plugs, chemical resistant gloves, steel toe boots, chemical resistant apron.
· Dress code for position: long sleeve shirt with undershirt, work pants or jeans, and extra cotton t-shirt for neck protection/PPE.
· Team-oriented and self-directed.
· Background check and pre-employment drug test required.
· Ability to work in non-climate controlled work environment.
· Ability to lift and carry 50-100 pounds.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Health, Dental & Vision
· 401(k) with company match
· Voluntary Life/AD&D
· Accident, STD, Gap, & Critical Illness Insurance
· Paid Holidays
AHI Supply maintains a drug and alcohol-free workplace. All applicants offered a position will be required to take and pass an offsite pre-employment drug test and submit to a criminal background check. (A conviction does not automatically bar you from employment. Criminal background checks will be considered on a case by case basis.)
We specialize in custom architectural products, including Myriad Stone, Cast Stone, Spectrum stucco coatings, foundation and masonry products, fireplace material, colored cements, masonry cleaners, structural steel, equipment and hand tools, and more.
Since our beginnings in 1982 in Pearland, TX, we have introduced many innovative products and seen tremendous growth. Our Spectrum cement line which includes Gray, White, and Colored Portland & Lime Cements—as well as Colored Masonry Cements has been well received by the construction industry.
Our Tex-Clean brand masonry cleaners were introduced in 1986 and in 1988 we opened our Cast Stone department. These developments, along with the continued success of our Spectrum cements, have allowed us to become one of the most trusted names in the business. Over the years, we have introduced other successful product lines, such as our Spectrum Stucco Wall coatings and Ameristeel Structural Steel products. Our most recent addition—MyriadStone—is a limestone-based decorative stone product.
Today, AHI Supply operates three production and distribution facilities in Houston, Austin, and Dallas to better serve the construction community in Texas and neighboring states.
We take pride in our quality products, superior knowledge, on-time deliveries and our committed customer service. Our exceptional sales staff can assist you with your project regardless of size.
Textile Operators - Dyeing And Finishing
Elastic Fabrics of America (EFA), a leading Triad area manufacturer, seeks qualified candidates for multiple production openings for 2nd and 3rd shift.
Ideal candidates should have:
- Direct applicable past experience in the same or similar positions
- Solid verifiable work history
- Clean criminal record/background check/drug test.
- High school education or GED
Preference will be given to those candidates with textile experience over those with no textile background.
Beam Dyeing : Tends open vat beam dyeing machine. Wraps fabric that is wound on perforated beams and loads into machine, using hoist.
Samples both the chemical bath for pH levels and the fabric to test color during the dyeing cycle. May add chemicals during dyeing cycle as specified. Monitors entire dyeing cycle and removes beam with hoist at the end of cycle. Gets patches to check shade.
Position requires good vision and ability to read and comprehend numbers and schedules. Must be able to communicate with CRT operators. Mechanical skills involved include hoist operation and the use of an air wrench. Physical requirements include walking/standing and reaching in an environment with extreme heat, dampness, noise, and chemicals. Steel toe safety shoes required.
Jet Dyeing : Tends jet dye machine that dyes cloth under pressure: Sews ends of cloth together to form endless rope of cloth, using portable sewing machine. Presses button to activate suction device that draws cloth over machine reel into compartments. Presses button to start automatic washing, dyeing, and rinsing cycles. Visually inspects machine for faulty machine operation. Takes samples of dye bath to test for pH, salt levels, etc., and cuts samples of cloth to test color. Monitors entire dyeing cycle and starts reel to pull cloth from machine at end of processing cycle. Transport as necessary to next process.
Position requires good vision and ability to read and comprehend numbers and schedules. Must be able to communicate with CRT operators. Technical skills needed include use of sewing machine, salometer and pH meter. Physical requirements include walking/standing, reaching, climbing steps, lifting up to 50 pounds and pushing 600-1000 pound buggies in an environment with extreme heat, dampness, noise, and chemicals. Steel toe safety shoes required.
Operates tenter frame that stretches cloth in width, removes wrinkles, and dries cloth after padding process that adds dye or finishing chemicals. Must be able to set-up beam. Trucks beamed cloth to entry-end of machine and mounts roll of cloth at scray, using hoist. Sews cloth end to leader in machine, using sewing machine. Adjusts clips or pins to stretch cloth to specified width. Turns valves to admit dye or chemical to padder from mixing tank. Sets thermostats to control temperature of hot air in drying cabinet. Monitors control panel, and moves levers or dials to control width of cloth and speed of cloth through drying cabinet. Sets up exit end correctly before running, checking for shell size and trimmers. Measures width of cloth emerging from machine, using tape measure. Records yardage clock readings. Visually inspects cloth during process for wrinkles, cracks, streaks, color, and other defects. Stops process when defects are detected. Doffs finished roll by use of floor jack. May be required to operate forklift. Associates working on the frame communicate with each other via a PA system.
Position requires good near vision and ability to read and write and to comprehend instructions, gauges, dials, etc. Must be able to communicate with other operators on the frame. Mechanical skills involved include hoist operation, floor jacks and dollies. Physical requirements include walking/standing the entire shift, some climbing, lifting and carrying 8-12 pounds, reaching, bending and pushing 100-1,100 pound rolls a short distance in an environment with extreme heat, dampness, noise, and chemicals. Steel toe safety shoes required.
EFA's advanced warping, knitting, dyeing, and finishing (or tentering) operations produce innovative fabrics for many different uses.
We provide a full benefits package which includes medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, plus 401k with company match, paid vacation, and 10 paid holidays.
Dyeing Operator 1
Responsibilities: Run dryer at the correct speed and temperature to ensure carpet is dry.Apply fluorocarbon when applicable.Make fluorocarbon to specifications.Clean dryer screens at beginning and middle of shift or when needed.Check for dryness and bow and skew when run is on inspection alley.Monitor carpet for any defects.General housekeeping to maintain a clean and safe work environment.Perform other duties as directed by supervisor or plant management.
Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry loads of up to 50 pounds without assistance.Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, grasp and reach frequently.Must be able to work in industrial environment with elevated noise levels, dust, dirt, humidity and temperature variations. Work Shift 12 hours, night shift Our Nation’s veterans bring an extraordinary array of skills and training to any position.
Shaw actively works to understand how these skills can translate to our job categories.Shaw will consider an applicant’s military service and work experience when determining whether a candidate meets the requirements of a posted job. Shaw values Diversity & Inclusion. We are an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Veterans & Disabled.
Shaw Industries is more than a flooring company - we are 20,000 people united in our vision of creating a better future for our customers, for our people, for our community and for our company. Our ability to supply products and services to residential and commercial markets worldwide depends on a constant look ahead. Through leadership and skills training, opportunities across multiple career paths, and a collaborative team environment, we are preparing our associates for the opportunities and challenges of tomorrow.
Headquartered in Dalton, Georgia, Shaw Industries is a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. with $5 billion in sales and representation throughout the US as well as in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, France, India, Mexico, Singapore, United Arab Emirates and the United Kingdom. If you need any additional assistance or have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ink Assembler / Package Operator
Company Description Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market.
The company's applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.1 billion in 2016.
Learn more at www.averydennison.com Job Description Operates / tends ink roller assembly machines to produce a variety of three part ink rollers, automatic cup former and automatic bagger machines to package a variety of ink rollers in plastic bags or cups. Performs; impregnating, cutting, tumbling, weighing, filling, assembly and packaging of various inking devices and similar products. 1. Observe and operate multiple inking machines.
Requires proper set up and adjustment of equipment and process to ensure a quality product per specification. 2. Operate multiple touch screen devices. 3.
Machines require re-web and splicing. 4.
Approves proper setups, cuts, ink weights, and press registration. 5. Proper loading and unloading of materials and finish product to and from equipment. 6. By hand and mechanically assembles a variety of inking devices per specification. 7.
Packs inking devices in a variety of thermoform containers, chipboard boxes, and master cartons or in bags utilizing a handfed bagger or tabletop sealer, and applies proper label identification as specified. 8. Periodically cleans machine bowl, track and the nest of wet inks. Fully disassembles track, belt, chutes, etc. to clean entire machine for roller color change as required by order and reassembles. 9.
Fills liquid products (silicone, ink, cleaning fluid) into containers, utilizing various semi-automatic filters and packs in cartons with proper identification. 10. Moves raw materials to the work area and finished goods to pick up area with hand truck and/or drum truck. 11. Reports finished goods and moves in our Oracle tracking system. 12.
Maintains accurate records for production data, down time, material usage, and scrap. 13. Will perform light duty maintenance items including changing pull belts, sealing wire and tapes, rubber strips and knives area and oil as required, check oil and water levels. 14. Trains new employees as required. 15.
Trains, assists and supports other team members in problem solving and meeting department goals. Incumbent continuously reviews current processes and searches out improvement methods to reduce wastes, rework and unnecessary work that adds no value to the work or process. 16. Participates in ELS training and Kaizen events as appropriate for department. 17.
Participates in 5S within department/group and assists other areas as required. 18. Based on business need, assists/ supports in other job functions within process or other company processes within scope and ability. 19. Must be safety conscious and follow established Personal Protective Equipment.
Qualifications 1. High school diploma or equivalent required. 2. Demonstrated proficiency in performing basic math calculations including decimals, percentages & averages. 3.
Must have legible handwriting and follow written and verbal instructions. 4. Must have good eye / hand coordination. 5. Must be able to lift and carry 50lbs. by hand or lift aids. 6.
Must be able to push and pull two wheel drum truck with loads to 400 lbs. (rarely). 7. Must be able to tolerate contact with wet inks, solvents and cleaning fluids. 8. Must have good vision.
Additional Information All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Machine Operator - Packaging Machine - Req. ID 18299
$14.00 - $16.00 per hour depending on experience
$1.50 Shift Premium for Night Shift
To be considered, please apply directly at www.harlandclarke.com. Click "About Us" > Click "Careers" > Enter Req. ID 18299.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the overall operation and performance of the Automated Close-Out System, maintaining quality, and production objectives. Sample and monitor product quality coming off the system, making modifications as needed. Troubleshoot packaging system performance and quality issues, correcting, and stabilizing performance as issues occur.
- Basic computer and mechanical skills essential
- Strong communication and problem solving skills- Mechanical troubleshooting
- Production priority decisions relating to maintenance and quality.- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must pass our employment drug and background screens
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts (Day or Night Shift)
- Must be able to stand during 12 hour shift.
14.00 - $16.00 per hour depending on experience
$1.50 Shift Premium for Night Shift
Paid 30 minute lunch and two paid 15-minute breaks
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401K after 30 days
Paid Time Off after 45 days
To be considered, apply directly at www.harlandclarke.com. Click "About Us" > Click "Careers" > Enter Req. ID 18299.
Manufacturing - Machine Operator - Plastics Machine Operator - Molding
Job Title: Operator
Location: Delano, MN
Reports to: Shift Supervisor
Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
The employees in this position are responsible for the overall operations of the machine and the manufacturing of good quality parts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets up and operates molding machine in a safe and efficient manner.
- Able to meet scrap and production goals.
- Ensures quality of parts coming off machine.
- Reads and follows the molding process sheets, correcting any errors immediately, in writing, to their supervisor or lead person.
- Continually communicates with their lead person, maintenance, quality control and/or supervisor whenever they have questions or need assistance regarding any of the requirements of their job.
- Keeps their work area clean and organized. Places all parts to be trimmed in crates or on pallets.
- Fills out production reporting paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Communicates effectively with others.
- Keeps productive materials appropriately stocked.
- Communicates effectively with prior and subsequent shifts.
- Performs all aspects of the job in accordance with the safety standards set forth by Solar Plastics.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Shift Supervisor and/or other members of management.
(The essential duties and responsibilities will have been satisfactorily completed when the following are demonstrated) Note: This only pertains to the essential duties and responsibilities of the position and is not all inclusive of the entire performance evaluation process. Acceptable performance is based on first time quality of molded parts, machine productivity and work area cleanliness and organization.
Copier/Scanner/Fax, Computer, Phone System, Welding Equipment, Lathe and Mill Operation, Hand and Power Tools, Forklift, Ladders
- understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information.
- understand problems, collaborate and explore alternative solutions.
- organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology.
- communicate with individuals face to face; requires ability to hear and speak effectively.
- express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, communicating orally with others accurately and quickly.
- orally and in writing, communicate technical information.
- add, subtract, multiply, divide and to record, balance, and check results for accuracy
- be able to see and hear 8+ hours per day.
- have visual acuity to perform activities such as running production machines, etc.
- possess good manual and finger dexterity (working with small bolts, nuts, screws, adding inserts, flushing out parts, flaming parts, etc.).
- sit, stand and walk up to 8+ hours per day.
- work at a rapid speed, twist, bend, push, pull, carry, stoop, reach and grasp 8+ hours per day for activities such as working on equipment, making repairs, etc.
- work in confined, tight spaces. Requires continuous finger movement and keyboard usage for carrying and using equipment, tools, etc. Extensive wrist movement is required.
- lift 50+ pounds, unaided on a regular basis. (hoists are available and should be used for parts and molds that exceed this weight level).
- use hand tools.(i.e, power drills, hammers, routers, etc).
- Exposed to heat, cold and potential internal temperature changes up to 8+ hours per day. Exposed to outside working environment when salvaging parts, roof and grounds work. Exposed to solvents when part cleaning, acids/corrosives when cleaning floor, dust, dirt, fumes/vapors/gases from plastics processes, ovens and propane tanks.
This position works independently 8+ hours per day and occasionally works directly with others. Must be able to work the hours/shift required. Ability to work additional hours, as needed to accommodate issues that may arise in the 24-hour operation.
This position exists in a production and shop environment, with occasional need to enter the office.
Personal Protection Equipment
- Eye safety glasses necessary to enter production area.Hearing protection must be worn when excessive noise is present on the production floor and in the shop.
Solar Plastics, LLC provides employees with a wide variety of benefits that include:
Life, AD&D & Dependent Life Insurance
Long-Term and Short-term Disability
Profit Sharing/401(k) Plan with Matching Contributions
Employee Assistance Plan
Automatic Payroll Deposit Availability
Production / Assembly Machine Operator
Federal Package Network is a preferred FDA registered cosmetics products manufacturer located in Chanhassen, MN. Our global customers can expect industry leading end to end solutions including R&D formulation, compounding, filling and retail ready packaging services.
We thrive on helping our customers succeed!
Assembly Machine Operator
Work Schedule: 2nd shift/Monday – Friday 3:00 pm to 11:00 pm or 3rd shift/ Monday – Friday 11:00 pm to 7:00 am
Entry level wage $13.00/hour plus shift differential. Increase your wages with our skill based career path!
Experienced applicants may earn higher starting wage, depending on experience.
- Operate an assembly, labeling, filling or blister machine or any combination alone or as part of a team
- Load raw materials into machines and remove, package and palletize finished goods
- Perform basic quality control checks on raw materials and finished goods
- Verbally communicate any issues with machines, quality of materials or finished goods
- May operate machinery to move pallets of raw materials, finished goods, compound components or barrels of bulk
- Use a computer to record and track production, raw materials used and time worked
- Understand and promote safety in all areas of the facility
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to accept direction and follow instructions
- Able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Able to read and follow written standard work protocols
- Perform basic math such as counting
- Perform basic math using a calculator
- Basic computer experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility to adapt and meet fluctuating priority changes
- Flexibility to work occasional overtime including weekends
- Prior experience in a manufacturing facility
- Prior experience operating an assembly machine or similar role
Equal Opportunity Employer
Advance your career with Federal Package! You will have the opportunity to inspire excellence and work with a fun team that strives every day to make a difference for our customers. Enjoy a competitive salary, bonus plan, and very generous benefits including paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, Roth and Traditional 401k safe harbor match, profit sharing and safety rewards.
Machine Operator / Production Operator
Now hiring 1st and 2nd shift at $11 hr to start
The Company offers a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k), 10 paid holidays, paid vacation and personal days. Manufacture of silicone-based sealants, adhesives and lubrication products, plus PVC foam materials, for a wide range of applications.. Currently, we are experiencing growth in our PVC Foam and Silicone Sealants and Adhesives divisions. Openings exist for experienced talent for 1st and 2nd shift production opportunities.
- Experienced Mixers (5+ years’ experience)
- Machine Operators
- Packaging Operators
- Quality Control Technician (5+ years ‘experience)
- Set up machines (calibration, cleaning etc.) to start a production cycle
- Control and adjust machine settings (e.g. speed)
- Feed raw material or parts to semi-automated machines
- Inspect parts with precision and measuring tools
- Test operation of machines periodically
- Fix issues that might occur during the shift
- Check output to spot any machine-related mistakes or flaws
- Keep records of approved and defective units or final products
- Maintain activity logs
- Proven experience as a machine operator
- Working knowledge of diverse high-speed machinery and measurement tools (caliper, micrometer etc.)
- Understanding of production procedures
- Adherence to health and safety regulations (e.g. constant use of protective gear)
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Physical stamina and strength 15 lbs to 40 lbs lifting
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical degree is a plus
Packaging Machine Operator I
High Liner Foods is proud to be the leading North American processor and marketer of value-added frozen seafood. We are seeking a Packaging Machine Operator I on 2nd shift to become the newest member of our Production Team. The position will be based out of our Portsmouth, NH facility.
High Liner Foodsis the leading North American processor and marketer of value-added frozen seafood. Our retail branded products are sold throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico under the High Liner,Fisher Boy,Mirabel and Sea Cuisine labels, and are available in most grocery and club stores.
Position responsibilities are noted below. Come join our team!Position Purpose
The individual in this position is responsible for the daily set-up and operation of a variety of production machinery. To include troubleshooting and repairing machinery as needed. In addition, this individual insures that all HLF Good Manufacturing Policies, food safety/quality regulations and Safety Rules are consistently met.Key Accountabilities
Responsible for set-up of assigned machine(s) to ensure daily production goals are met.
Responsible for coordination of product change-overs to maximize line efficiencies.
Assist with trouble shooting to ensure minimal down time as well as preventative maintenance tasks.
Ensure quality and safety standards are met
Responsible to know, understand, and comply with all HLF Good Manufacturing Policies, Food Safety regulations, and HLF Safety rules.
Ensure equipment and surrounding area is maintained in a clean and orderly fashion.
Required to use proper safety gear when performing assigned tasks.
Verify that lines are supplied with necessary components to meet daily production schedule.
Reading and understanding product, packaging and labeling specifications, ensuring concise compliance with those specifications) including the operations of specific pieces of equipment utilized to package product.
Works with minimum supervision and exercising independent judgment.
Skills & Knowledge
- Basic Computer Skills
- Basic written and effective communication skills
- Ability to take direction and execute in a fast paced environment
- Technical skills as it relates to machinery, and ability to troubleshoot
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job
- The ability to demonstrate strong operating knowledge of production equipment; experience in a fast-paced production environment preferred
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 15 pounds frequently, 70 lbs occasionally
- Requires constant movement and monitoring
- Required to climb stairs and ladders to access elevated platforms
- Demonstrated good hand/eye coordination
- High School degree or GED required, six months or one year prior experience in a related field. Associate degree a plus
- Work overtime as needed as well as mandatory overtime as required
- Employment is subject to drug testing and background screening.
In return for the experience you bring to the table, you will be given the opportunity to join a
progressive, growing organization that has seen its revenue grow 270% in the last six years to a
Offering a competitive compensation package coupled with a bonus, benefits and retirement
plan, this is a chance for you to take the knowledge you’ve acquired in your career to date and
have a real impact on the business.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran, or marital status, genetic
information or other protected status, covered by federal, state or local law.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
High Liner Foods participates in E-VerifyTeam Player: Works well as a member of a group, Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity2- years: This position requires a minimum of 2 years previous experience as a machine operator.Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help, Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasksTroubleshooting, HAACP, Basic Computer Skills
High Liner Foods is the leading North American processor and marketer of value-added frozen seafood. Our retail branded products are sold throughout the United States, Canada and Mexico under the High Liner, Fisher Boy, Sea Cuisine and C. Wirthy labels, and are available in most grocery and club stores. We also sell branded products under the High Liner, Icelandic Seafood, and FPI labels to restaurants and institutions, and are a major supplier of private-label, value-added frozen seafood products to North American food retailers and foodservice distributors.
What simply sets us apart:
We are dedicated to radically simplifying the process of selecting, preparing and enjoying fish and seafood, for our clients, our consumers and everyone we do business with, everyone we partner with and at every point our business touches.
We are recognized as a global leader in driving best practice improvements in wild fisheries and aquaculture.
Our worldwide procurement expertise, supported by a state-of-the-art, Internet-based information management system, and coupled with a proficiency in frozen food logistics, all works towards greater efficiency and simplification.
We have strong relationships with every major supermarket chain, club store and foodservice distributor in Canada and the U.S. Our broad portfolio of recognized, trusted brands is shaped by consumer insights and is complemented by an unwavering dedication to providing excellent service and consistently superior customer satisfaction.
And, of course, flavor. Our innovative, award-winning seafood is at the forefront of the latest culinary trends but is always simple to prepare and enjoy.
High Liner is a publicly-traded Canadian company, trading under the symbol HLF on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
Making better hires starts with building better job descriptions
- Browse 100s of templates across 40+ industries
- Customize your template with your company info & job requirements
- Post it to 20+ job boards in seconds – for FREE!